PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 05:47:09
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atmospheric Ambient Power Wire Collection  (Read 27512 times)
Group: Guest
I like the patent except that the balloons will drift all over the sky.   Better to mount the system on a set of land-based poles far away from power sources.
Which might be a problem since Plauson is talking about 300 feet of elevation which, today, gets into FAA regulations. Not to mention high winds, thunderstorms, etc.

thx1138 said:
"Which might be a problem since Plauson is talking about 300 feet of elevation which, today, gets into FAA regulations. Not to mention high winds, thunderstorms, etc."
       I was thinking of building a power station on the Bonnevile Salt Flats of the Great Salt Lake.   Far away from man-made generators, sitting on desolate, desert land that no one uses anyway, propably on Gov't land so that air traffic can be controlled.   Poles can be over 300' tall and supported by guy wires.   And grounded with lightning arrestors against the rare thunderstorm or two.

--Lee

Which might be a problem since Plauson is talking about 300 feet of elevation which, today, gets into FAA regulations. Not to mention high winds, thunderstorms, etc.
       There's something else:   From distant memory, I recall underground, buried, heavily insulated cable power harvesting methods were patented by individuals in, say, the 30's and 40's.
       I can still remember some of the major points in the patent drawings.   Some were in a sort of(?) tunnel affair to get aways from the effects of grounding by the dirt overhead of the cable.

The patents in question should still be in the USPTO database.

--Lee

BTW,
       I realize this is an old thread I posted to from awhile ago.   I only recently returned to the Internet after a lengthy absence.   The subject of the thread is still valid, however.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 05:47:09