PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-20, 10:49:38
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Simple, Effective (and early) Design  (Read 28163 times)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
If you're interested in a little "mental therapy", you might try this.

Here's a CES unit I designed quite some time ago. It works great and the battery lasts for about 2 years.
The device alternates the direction of current so as not to polarize the cells. Fashion a couple of ear clips (or buy them), use some conductive gel (for skin applications) and give it a try.

Caution, any sort of entrainment device if used improperly (i.e. too long of use, or too high or too low a pulse rate for too long) can leave one feeling rather lethargic, or super-energized. I would advise reading up on brain waves and on these devices before using one.

Here are a couple places you can get started:

Wikipedia
A Unique Non-drug Therapy
The Effect of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) on Pain Associated with Fibromyalgia - A Clinical Study

Group: Guest
I just noticed this post on CES.
Any chance the 'super energizing' can be localized to a body part?
Maybe this requires brain cells in the effected area. If so, my wife says there is no hope for me no matter where I apply it.

Aww come on there is always hope.

8)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
I haven't tried it on "localized" areas. I would expect it to have similar results no matter where the stimulus is applied....still cerebral.

Try a nap then use the device for 20 minutes at between 18 and 20Hz after you wake. Your wife may be inclined to keep you around after all ;)

Uh Huh... ???

Instead of "pull my finger" it'll be "pull my arbitrary waveform generator switch".... "Oh Please! Pull my arbitrary waveform generator switch!"

When I was about 10 I got caught wiring my brother with a toy train transformer, buzzing relay and a nine-volt battery. He never woke up in a good mood when I did it. Maybe I can see if it works on my wife?

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-20, 10:49:38