PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 07:30:57
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Lester J Hendershot Generator  (Read 183332 times)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee

The Hendershot Motor Mystery

Compiled by Tom Brown
( Borderland Sciences Research Foundation, Inc., 1986 )

F.D. Fleming : The Hendershot Motor Mystery ( FATE, Jan. 1950 )
Gaston Burridge : The So-Called Hendershot Motor ( BSRA Round Robin, March-April 1956 )
Ed Skilling : A Story of Free Energy ( J. Borderland Research 18 (5/6), July-August 1962 ) & Energy Unlimited # 13
J.G. Gallimore : The Lester J Hendershot Motor ( Private research papers released to BSRF )

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1597.0;attach=8901

Compiled & Published by Mark M. Hendershot
The Lester J. Hendershot Story
Published Articles
Photographs
Letters
Assembly Instructions

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1597.0;attach=8902

Lester Hendershot's Patent Application

« Last Edit: 2012-12-21, 12:03:46 by Peterae »

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Referring to hendershot5.jpg (or the drawing in the prior post)

Perhaps a starting point would be the examination of possible flux switching in a laminated transformer core as used in items 18,19 and 25,27.

Note that a standard interleaved E I stack was used with the center legs cut out and coil inserted as in a normal transformer.

We could test this with a weak  permanent magnetic field applied to the core and note the effect when the coil is excited from a generator with some resistance inserted between coil and generator.

It seems Hendershot may have used this flux switching of the earth magnetic field to generate a small signal as proof of invention, with the coils 19 and 25 being the output coils. Hence the need for N-S alignment along the length of the device.

Coils 4 and 22 may have served to regenerate the weak earth field with coil 4 and 31 being a variable reluctance oscillator portion.

Note that this was a proof of concept drawing and may not have produced much power.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Hendershot5 is a view of the device from the "top" (i.e. looking down)

hmm...

Hendershot5 is a view of the device from the "top" (i.e. looking down)
hmm...

When I read the explanation of the collector plate (reluctance armature) LJH says it is horizontal extending down to core 3 therefore I take the view as a front sectional view (not end or top). A top view would show the items 18 and 27 as rectangular (but closer to square) cores with open centers wherein the coils are disposed.

The sketch drawing is rather crude and has many mistakes from a drafting perspective mixing front sectional with pure frontal views.

The guys at NuTech 2000 get it almost right, but still have erred in their sectional depiction of coils 4 and 22 on page 18.

Page 26 fig3.6 shows plan view, side elevation and end view.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-20, 22:36:01 by ION »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
Attached is all three views from page 26

EDIT:
Where does Hendershot explain the operation of the Mark 1 device?

Which direction is N-S?

tExB=qr
It  is  claimed  in  Statement 20  2  of Appendix D,  that  the  Mark I  device
will  only operate with  its major horizontal axis aligned  in  the north &  south
direction  of  the  earth's  magnetic  field.  To overcome  this  objection,
Hendershot states  that he modified  the  original circuit  the Mark I device
so  it  will  operate  in  any direction which its axis is placed.

Buy me some coffee
Good work guys, it feels good having information about a device doesn't it  O0
I think this is going to be well worth some time.

It's annoying the amount of turns and wire gauge's are missing from the patent.

Buy me some coffee
Cheers DC

Buy me some coffee
Looking forward to it, do they show it working  C.C
be careful it is probably copyrighted

Thanks for the video Deepcut.

My son and I attempted the more complex Hendershot back in 1985 to no avail. He still reminds me of the winding blisters.

I think a better starting point is the proof of concept Mark 1.

Attached is my marked up figure 3.6 from NuTech.

1985 Build partially completed Mark3. Coils were wound on separate bases so they could be moved (spacing tuned). I now have the exact 5:1 vertical output transformers from a tube type TV and the Pyramid electrolytics. May have to revive this at some point, but right now I'm more interested in the proof of concept Mark1.

Yes, I am a builder.

Buy me some coffee
Wow ION great stuff.
Because you have the correct caps then when you get round to ripping one apart and making the inner cap, maybe you could measure the value and post as this will help others in the future.
For now i agree MK1 is priority  O0

Buy me some coffee
Has anyone found the coil turns/ gauge of the wire for the Mark 1 build?

tExB=qr
another good pdf.  this one has the letters from Geza Korcsmaros

11meg

tExB=qr
12meg pdf "book"

Buy me some coffee
I also have a download link to download Deepcuts video in avi format if anyone wants a file copy, just PM me and i will mail the link.
It is large at 815mb

yes, nice to have all the info and talk about Lester Hendershot again.

One thing that concerns me is the fact that his early free energy invention (motor) is not the same as what is now presented as his invention (basket coils)

He invented a motor, not some receiver coils, and that's what Lindberg and others witnessed. 

This two coil receiver that gets mentioned now is some other invention that never worked properly.   Is this a conspiracy?

EM

Group: Tech Wizard

OK it's not a public video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnpIh8Ucb0

I'm off out.

I've emailed the guy for schems and parts.

Cheers,

DC.

hi DC,

Stefan considers the video as a fake, see this:
http://www.overunity.com/13148/hendershot-video-and-plans/msg347684/#msg347684
 :D

Gyula

this article is very interesting and descriptive:

New York Times (February 28, 1928):

"Explains Magnet In Fuelless Motor"

Hendershot Says Shifting Its Field To east And West Causes Rotary Motion ~ Winding Of Magnet Secret ~
Inventor Asserts Engine Weighs But 4 Ounces Per Horsepower

Mildly indignant because the manner in which his fuelless motor gains its power had been misrepresented in dispatches from Detroit and Washington, Lester J. Hendershot today stated there was nothing mysterious about his motor, that the force that energizes it is the "same force that pulls the needle of the compass, and there is nothing mysterious about that".

The fuelless motor was not his objective, he explained, at the time he began his experiments some three years ago, when he first became interested in aviation.

"I soon learned that the ultimate development of aviation depended upon the discovery or invention of an absolutely true and reliable compass", he explained. "The ordinary magnetic compass does not point to the true north -- it points to the magnetic north, and varies from the true north to a different extent at almost every point on the earth’s surface.

"There is another compass, the magnetic induction compass, that indicates true north. But it must be set before each flight, and is not always reliable.

"I found that with a pre-magnetized core I could set up a magnetic field that would indicate true north, but I didn’t know just how to utilize that in the compass I set out to find.

"In continuing my experiments, I learned that by cutting the same line of magnetic force north and south, I had an indicator of the true north, and that by cutting the magnetic field east and west, I could develop a rotary motion.

I now have a motor built on that principle that will rotate at a constant speed, a speed predetermined when the motor is built. It can be built for any desired speed, and a reliable constant speed motor is one of the greatest needs of aviation.

The main secret of Mr. Hendershot’s invention, his Friend Barr Peat declares, is the method of winding a magnet in the motor so that it will rotate in the opposite direction than the earth revolves. He says there is no heat, because magnetic forces are cold and the motor is stopped only by breaking the magnetic field in the windings. The magnet in the motor, he thinks, probably would have to be recharged after about 2000 hours of operation.

Mr. Hendershot declares that one of his motors, complete and ready to be installed in an airplane would weigh little more than four ounces for every horsepower it developed, while the best of the gas engines now built weighs about two pounds per horsepower.

Mr. Hendershot says that altitude would not affect the efficient operation of his motor, for the magnetic influence of the earth has been found to remain the same as high as man has ever reached.

He said that the same principle which made his original model operate only when it was placed in one direction, north and south, will be developed so that it will provide a compass that will always indicate true north.

Google and read about the induction compass, very interesting!

but one day prior, this article was printed, and it sounds like a generator.  so there are two devices not one, a generator and a motor.

New York Times (February 27, 1928):

"Fuelless Motor Is A Generator"

The Hendershot "Fuelless motor" is not a motor at all but a generator, according to Major Thomas G. lanphier, commandant at Selfridge Field, Mich., where he with Lester J. Hendershot, the inventor, and D. Barr Peat, have been quietly working on an experimental model.

Major Lanphier said he first became interested in the Hendershot electrical machine several weeks ago through Peat; that in common with others he thought at first it was more or less "bunk" but after seeing it work he became interested.

"I saw the first model which Hendershot built hooked up to a small electric motor of the type used to operate a sewing machine. It not only ran the motor but it burned it out", Major Lanphier said.

Why this generator acts as it does, where the energy comes from that transforms it into power, Major Lanphier was not prepared to say beyond quoting Hendershot. It is the inventor’s theory that his machine draws its energy from the earth’s magnetic field. While unwilling to describe it in detail until pending patents have been received, Major Lanphier told a little about it. The first model consisted of a ring magnet less than three inches in diameter. Around the magnet were coils rigged as only Hendershot knows how to rig them, and another set of coils pass through the center of the ring.

"With this contrivance we burned out the sewing machine motor and we also kept a 6 watt lamp going with it for 26 hours", he said.

The larger model which has not yet been hooked to a motor that will deliver power to a crankshaft, Major Lanphier himself helped build.

"We put it together out of stuff we picked up at the field and with it we lighted two 110 watt lamps", Major Lanphier said. "I think that we have got enough electricity in this second model to kill a man".

The second model is built around a ring magnet, the outside diameter of which is seven inches and the inside diameter six inches.

It was suggested that perhaps the Hendershot engine was "stealing" power from some big radio broadcasting station.

"We thought of that", Lanphier said, "but we ran it for 26 hours when stations were going and when they were not and we got the same results".

« Last Edit: 2012-12-23, 01:15:21 by EMdevices »

Here's a link about the Earth Induction Compass, that was used at the time by Lindbergh on his trans Atlantic flight.

http://www.vintageaircraft.org/featured/2005%20-%20Vol.%2033,%20No.%2004%20-%20The%20Earth%20Inductor%20Compass.pdf

It is spun by the air as the plane moves, and so the generator coils inside cut through the earths's magnetic field, which has a particular orientation, thus a voltage is induced and the indicator instrument displays that voltage.

But let's think about this in terms of torque. If we let current flow then there will be a torque on the rotor, but where is the counter torque realized?  On the earth itself?     Now if we take that current and feed a coil 90 deg in rotation, we can get a build up of magnetic energy that swirls around and induces current in our device, so we are basically feeding off of a magnetic field vortex that only gets stronger with each revolution.   Is this the secret ?

Or maybe this is easier to visualize, we use the current induced in the rotor to magnetize the stator coils to strengten the magnetic field even more, at each location, so we move the magnetic field location with the rotor position, always at its maximum to induced the maximum voltage to generate the maximum current so that it generates the maximum magnetic field in the stator, so on and so forth, on and on in a circular loop that only amplifies itself with time.  We don't even need to supply any torque as the rotor will be pulled into the magnetic field with the correct design. Energy increases constantly from the pull.

am I making any sense?  

EM
« Last Edit: 2012-12-23, 05:36:18 by EMdevices »

Group: Guest
It is spun by the air as the plane moves, and so the generator coils inside cut through the earths's magnetic field, which has a particular orientation, thus a voltage is induced and the indicator instrument displays that voltage.

But let's think about this in terms of torque. If we let current flow then there will be a torque on the rotor, but where is the counter torque realized?

The coil is a magnetic dipole rotating in the earth magnetic dipole. Each time a current is drawn in the rotating coil, the Lenz law applies, creating a flux that opposes the variation and therefore creating a counter torque. It makes no difference that the coil is rotating in the earth field or in the field of a permanent magnet.

Group: Guest
New York Times (February 27, 1928):
It is the inventor’s theory that his machine draws its energy from the earth’s magnetic field.

Not realistic. 1) incompatible with the density of energy in a magnetic field except if you consider that the device has an influence on many Km3 of space around it. 2) there is no difference with extracting energy from the magnetic field of a permanent magnet and everybody failed in trying this, in spite that there is a an energy density around a permanent magnet that is superior to that of the earth in the same volume, by many orders of magnitude.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
If Ion could test his build and get results I will switch tracks and build one. Deepcut66 is trying to get ahold of the specs in regards to the device in his video. I am suspicious of the caps in the video.
The wire would have to ordered. The skewers are for kabobs from the grocery store. The iron could be done from cut garden wire and bundled. All that is needed are the measurement specs. A;though the wire gauge and circumferences are given. I do like Ion's 2 separate boards. The rail transformers could be another board just placed on top. They don't necessarily have to be on rails. Or maybe the steel plays a part.

I have come to the conclusion about this technology and it is this:
You build an intervection device (heterodyning two magnetic fields at an interference point) will get you killed. Building an oscillating magnetic field device will get you warnings. The oath I took to gain my top secret security clearance will not let me build weapons or upset the economic balance of any nation. See my dilemma now?

NOT meant to derail ********************************************************************
But this item here presents an alternative:
Just check out his generator is all @1:10. This would be great way to disseminate any technology we achieve.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLOLrUBRBY[/youtube]

A spark gap, capacitor, and a pull string. And it runs 120vac devices. Now where do you think he got this?
« Last Edit: 2012-12-23, 13:16:25 by giantkiller »

Attached is all three views from page 26

EDIT:
Where does Hendershot explain the operation of the Mark 1 device?

Which direction is N-S?
Is there someone who would combine these views into an isometric or 3D drawing?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 07:30:57