PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 05:50:57
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Lester J Hendershot Generator  (Read 183330 times)

@Exn
I think we could make a few simple assumptions here, first the Hendershot device must extract energy from somewhere if it worked as claimed. Second if his device worked as claimed then there is some process operating which we do not understand. In which case it seems logical that we should examine the basic premise of how energy can be extracted from ambient forms of energy or man-made sources at a distance.

It may be that if we could develop a device to extract tangible amounts of energy from a power line at a distance then we would basically have a wireless means of power transmission. The boys at MIT have been working on this however they are using a very specific setup. Now if we could develop better ways to extract EM energy from a power line which is not completely dissimilar from what the boys at MIT are doing then it seems logical this could apply to ambient sources in some way.
I'm not suggesting stealing power I'm speaking about a better way to extract energy which we may consider ambient energy, low energy sources covering a large area.

I mean no offense but all of your posts revolve around why everything cannot work and you seem to be implying that nothing can ever work in my opinion. To me this is pointless because you are not part of any solution to producing a real device which works. Maybe we should try something different, rather than constantly telling us what cannot work how about telling us how this device could work, hypothetically speaking of course, do you have any ideas?.

AC

« Last Edit: 2013-01-15, 17:53:17 by allcanadian »

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Guest
@Exn
You may have noticed I did not use the term power I used the term ENERGY, and yes ENERGY does radiate from the source

Energy of power lines doesn't radiate (the radiated part is fortunately negligible otherwise there would be no more energy at the end of the power lines).
Energy is stored in the magnetic and electric fields of the line and there is a periodic energy exchange between the fields and the current, at the curent frequency. This field can be shared with a receiver, for instance, coupled lamps.

Something radiating is autonomous. It's not the case here, which is quasi-stationary. We have fields, we have not waves. Energy is taken from the line only when there are coupled circuits in its field, dissipating energy in a load. When the load is removed, energy is no more taken from the line, this is the proof that energy is not radiated, unlike the case of a receivig radio antenna whose the presence or the absence doesn't influence the energy radiated by a transmitter.

You have personnal interpretation and language about a common and well known phenomenon, leading to unprecise, not relevant and even, misleading concepts.

@Exn
I think we could make a few simple assumptions here, first the Hendershot device must extract energy from somewhere if it worked as claimed. Second if his device worked as claimed then there is some process operating which we do not understand. In which case it seems logical that we should examine the basic premise of how energy can be extracted from ambient forms of energy or man-made sources at a distance.

It's useless to propose a conventional and well known phenomenon, such magnetic/electric fields similar to those of power lines, to explain the extraordinary phenomenon supposedly at work in the Hendershot's device, except if there is some clue that Hendershot demonstrated his device under power lines or in a tremendous level of electric or magnetic fields.

I mean no offense but all of your posts revolve around why everything cannot work and you seem to be implying that nothing can ever work in my opinion. To me this is pointless because you are not part of any solution to producing a real device which works. Maybe we should try something different, rather than constantly telling us what cannot work how about telling us how this device could work, hypothetically speaking of course, do you have any ideas?.

AC

It's much more positive to dismiss absurdities, than to propose ones by neglecting the facts, by taking pleasure from a wishful thinking or by refusal of learning science.

How long have you two been married ?

:P

DC.

;D
Time to leave him, please take him with you, you will save me.

@Exn
It's much more positive to dismiss absurdities, than to propose ones by neglecting the facts, by taking pleasure from a wishful thinking or by refusal of learning science.

I guess this is where our beliefs diverge as I have always believed that as a scientific person nothing should be rejected until it is given due consideration. In fact if you have ever read the biographies of the most famous scientists in history you would find most all were famous simply because they followed though on a notion which everyone else rejected.
I guess the relevant question here is where do you think we would be if everyone simply dismissed everything they did not understand?.

So basically you seem to be saying that your purpose in this forum is not to help anyone succeed in proving this technology for the benefit of mankind but to criticize them for even trying, does that about cover it?.

AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

It's not magic. Just a question of flux crossing and therefore, of coil size. With coils of around 50 mtrs diameter, it will work even better than expected.

Generally speaking, the following video shows how the Hendershot device works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLXVLDysroY

Taken in light of that video, the magnet/armature/phone ringer coils portion is the energy source and the rest is the amplifier.

The horseshoe magnet supplies the power. The armature oscillates within the Wesley W. Gary "neutral zone" creating a magnetic oscillation in the coil cores which creates a current in the coil wires around those cores. That current feeds the combination capacitor/coil devices which store energy in the large capacitors and oscillates through the transformers to feed the load.

Part of the amplifier portion gives some feedback to the phone ringer coils which keeps the armature oscillating. One of the important aspects of the device is that the transformers are, as shown on the parts list, "vertical oscillator type" which uses an E/I core with a small separation between the E and I parts of the core which affects saturation. Normal power transformers will not work.

There must be a non-linear response somewhere. I suspect it is the combination capacitor/coil devices creating a flux density change in the capacitor portion to create something similar to parametric oscillation but I don't see how this is happening.

Another option might be that it is coupling to the earth's magnetic field but I doubt that just because the energy density in such a small area doesn't seem sufficient to supply the power shown.

I spent 3 months looking at it and was getting down to collecting materials to do a build but got stumped on the magnet. It was said to be a 1950's era radar magnet but there wasn't any more information than that. There were not any size or material specs or field strenghts given. There was a note from one of teh participants back in the day that said the size of diameter of the cap/coil device was related to the face sizes of the magnet but without knowing more about the magnet there isn't any way I know of to calculate what's needed.

In the end, I wasn't willing to spend $500 to light a 100W light bulb - maybe.

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
I think the main operating principle with the Hendershot device is cutting the earths field East/West creates motion and cutting the earths mag field north/south creates energy, if sense can be made from that then a sound understanding could lead to a working device.

I think this device is early enough and have enough witnesses to be a real device.  O0

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I think the main operating principle with the Hendershot device is cutting the earths field East/West creates motion and cutting the earths mag field north/south creates energy, if sense can be made from that then a sound understanding could lead to a working device.

I think this device is early enough and have enough witnesses to be a real device.  O0

Agreed, this device is one of about five devices that I believe were real.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Agreed, this device is one of about five devices that I believe were real.

Not to change the thread but this info fits.
The Hubbard device had many witnesses too in 1920. Lindbergh was making strides in the political arena to promote this after he, with witnesses saw it in operation in 1927. Then his child was kidnapped and killed in 1932.
Bottom of page 9:
http://www.hyiq.org/Downloads/The%20New%20York%20Times%20February%2027,%201928%20and%20The%20New%20York%20Times%20February%2028.pdf

A barrel array of 8 Tesla coils...
While the device has been patented, the claims for it are so broad that Hubbard says he does not feel safe in making public his secret. In general, he says, it is made up of a group of eight electro-magnets, each with primary and secondary windings of copper wire, which are arranged around a large steel core. The core likewise has a single winding. A coil thus constructed, he says, is lifeless until given an initial impulse. This is done by connecting the ends of its windings for a fraction of a second to an ordinary [two words unreadable R.L.R.] -ing circuit, he says.

@GK

If he hit the coil that is on the iron core with a simple car battery, the core will become an object that holds its own gravity. If by chance copper atoms respond more to gravity then magnetism, then that would make perfect sense. The field is overrated. There is nothing better then proximity so his 6 other coils all around would have a good part of the earth gravity cancelled around the copper wire slit an more freely respond to their primaries. We need to condition the space around a pri/sec, then pulse the primary. But the best will be dual primaries.  Hehehe

Wattsup

Group: Professor

Don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I have been looking at the Hendershot motor.  Here is my take on what it consists of and how it might work.  Enjoy!

Smudge

Don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I have been looking at the Hendershot motor.  Here is my take on what it consists of and how it might work.  Enjoy!

Smudge

Smudge thanks for the paper, I read it with interest as it expresses some very novel ideas.

A couple of questions:

1) Since this is supposedly a self running motor, are the windings on the inner core shorted as in an induction motor in order to develop am opposing field. Your paper does not mention what to do with these windings.

2) The toothed part which is captured below appears to be a solid cast and machined steel part from an alternator of the period. As such the flux lines will flow into the metallic base which is a continuance of the teeth. Today alternator rotors are made from very heavy gauge stamped steel parts (at least in the smaller low end machines as used in cheap automobiles). I cannot speak of larger alternators which may use cast and machined rotors. How would the continuance of flux into the base of the rotor affect the drawings you have presented?

As you can see from the attachment, a modern alternator has like pole faces on each separate toothed part. As you know, this rotor portion has an internal coil and slip rings that is used to energize the field from an external source and regulator. Power output coils are part of the stator magnetic structure which surround the teeth.

Did Hendershot use the alternator part in a novel manner as you seem to suggest or was this part made especially for him with a non magnetic base affixed to the magnetic poles?

Looking forward to more discussion on this subject and the other Hendershot devices, including the one with basket weave coils.

kind regards, ION

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

That rotor got my attention too.  I was told, though I do not know firsthand, the design lends itself to anti-cogging at low RPM.  Is it possible this property is somehow being exploited in the Hendershot motor?

Smudge thanks for the paper, I read it with interest as it expresses some very novel ideas.

A couple of questions:

1) Since this is supposedly a self running motor, are the windings on the inner core shorted as in an induction motor in order to develop am opposing field. Your paper does not mention what to do with these windings.

Perhaps I didn't make this clear, but the voltage induction into the windings on the donut is fed to the U shaped coils.  This could be each donut section feeding one U coil or all the donut coils in series feeding all the U coils in series.  Either way the induction into the donut coils is by flux cutting and the motor force comes from the poles at each end of the U coils being in the magnetic field from the teeth.

2) The toothed part which is captured below appears to be a solid cast and machined steel part from an alternator of the period. As such the flux lines will flow into the metallic base which is a continuance of the teeth. Today alternator rotors are made from very heavy gauge stamped steel parts (at least in the smaller low end machines as used in cheap automobiles). I cannot speak of larger alternators which may use cast and machined rotors. How would the continuance of flux into the base of the rotor affect the drawings you have presented?

As you can see from the attachment, a modern alternator has like pole faces on each separate toothed part. As you know, this rotor portion has an internal coil and slip rings that is used to energize the field from an external source and regulator. Power output coils are part of the stator magnetic structure which surround the teeth.

Did Hendershot use the alternator part in a novel manner as you seem to suggest or was this part made especially for him with a non magnetic base affixed to the magnetic poles?

I can't answer your question because I don't have any more information than you do.  My guess is he made a small motor that just turned the prop on a toy aeroplane and that ran on the earth's magnetism.  That external field would provide teeth with the pole polarities shown in your drawing of a modern alternator, but only if aligned with the field and if the teeth and their mounting disc were ferromagnetic, and the rotor shaft were non-ferromagnetic.  And of course the effect would be quite weak.  If Hendershot went on to create more powerful motors then he would have put magnets at each end to get the same poled teeth.  As regards the feasibility of my scheme, I think the ferromagnetic cores in the U coils are necessary in order to get some leverage, i.e. they require less current to get the required pole strength.  If the U coils were air spaced I fear the system could not be OU.

Smudge

That rotor got my attention too.  I was told, though I do not know firsthand, the design lends itself to anti-cogging at low RPM.  Is it possible this property is somehow being exploited in the Hendershot motor?

Hi Matt

I never took one of these apart and noticed if the stator poles were shaped the same or not, which could lessen cogging. An alternator with sufficient cogging could stall a small engine at very low idle and high electrical load, so I guess an anti cog design would be smoother load for the engine at low idle. I would think that back emf or Lenz repulsion would fall off anyway at low rpm's so probably not needed. I'm sure automotive electrical engineers spent a lot of time refining these devices and making them cheap and mass produceable over the years.

I cannot answer your question, but it is possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smudge, thanks for the explanation and extra drawings. I am, however, finding it difficult to visualize exactly how this would work even with fixed permanent magnets. I'm sure the problem is mine, not yours.

Cheers, ION

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Grumpy
In the letter to Hendershot from Geza, he states two profound things:
"From all out work up to the present we have arrived at the following facts:
1. the magnetic field possesses a resonant frequency
2. the field can be put in a state of resonance by utilizing pulsed direct current"

As we know the earths mag field is weak but in NMR thats good as it decreases the NMR frequencies of the sample, infact it looks like the frequency would be around 2kHz, although the field resonance would be weak but so is the earths mag field.

If a low power pulses DC cirrent was made to travel through a sample of iron and aligned with the earthd mag field then it maybe possible to cause field resonance.

Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) in the geomagnetic field is conventionally referred to as Earth's field NMR (EFNMR). EFNMR is a special case of low field NMR.

When a sample is placed in a constant magnetic field and stimulated (perturbed) by a pulsed or alternating magnetic field, NMR active nuclei resonate at characteristic frequencies. Examples of such nuclei are the isotopes carbon-13, and hydrogen-1 also referred to as protons. The resonant frequency of each isotope is directly proportional to the strength of the applied magnetic field, and the magnetogyric or gyromagnetic ratio of that isotope. The signal strength is proportional both to the stimulating magnetic field and the number of nuclei of that isotope in the sample. Thus in the 21 tesla magnetic field that may be found in high resolution laboratory NMR spectrometers, protons resonate at 900 MHz. However in the Earth's magnetic field the same nuclei resonate at audio frequencies of around 2 kHz and generate very weak signals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_field_NMR

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Peter
Grumpy
In the letter to Hendershot from Geza, he states two profound things:
"From all out work up to the present we have arrived at the following facts:
1. the magnetic field possesses a resonant frequency
2. the field can be put in a state of resonance by utilizing pulsed direct current"

As we know the earths mag field is weak but in NMR thats good as it decreases the NMR frequencies of the sample, infact it looks like the frequency would be around 2kHz, although the field resonance would be weak but so is the earths mag field.

If a low power pulses DC cirrent was made to travel through a sample of iron and aligned with the earthd mag field then it maybe possible to cause field resonance.

Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) in the geomagnetic field is conventionally referred to as Earth's field NMR (EFNMR). EFNMR is a special case of low field NMR.

When a sample is placed in a constant magnetic field and stimulated (perturbed) by a pulsed or alternating magnetic field, NMR active nuclei resonate at characteristic frequencies. Examples of such nuclei are the isotopes carbon-13, and hydrogen-1 also referred to as protons. The resonant frequency of each isotope is directly proportional to the strength of the applied magnetic field, and the magnetogyric or gyromagnetic ratio of that isotope. The signal strength is proportional both to the stimulating magnetic field and the number of nuclei of that isotope in the sample. Thus in the 21 tesla magnetic field that may be found in high resolution laboratory NMR spectrometers, protons resonate at 900 MHz. However in the Earth's magnetic field the same nuclei resonate at audio frequencies of around 2 kHz and generate very weak signals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_field_NMR

I think Gaza was referring to the appearance of a large increase in magnetic field strength when HV DC pulses are applied near a magnet, and that this has a pulse frequency at which the field is extremely strong.  Thus, you can create a device that utilizes this increased magnetic field for motive or inductive purposes. 

Hendershot used a simple device to toggle between two large coils to provide the switched HV, and he had two coil assemblies, producing an AC output.

Do you have a HV DC supply?

Group: Tinkerer

Just in case you haven't seen it yet. Akula meets Hendershot http://youtu.be/sPAz8aR1Ylg
« Last Edit: 2015-01-31, 07:58:16 by JimBoot »

Does that mean that Akula has abandoned his own original inventions in favor of the good old and tried dusted-off technology of Hendersot ?  :o

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Does that mean that Akula has abandoned his own original inventions in favor of the good old and tried dusted-off technology of Hendersot ?  :o

Dear Verpies.

Off topic, most definitely, it seems Roman ( Akula ) has taken T-1000's saying of " There are many roads to Rome " very seriously !!   :)          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYjREkw1v-A

BITT ??

Cheers Grum.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-30, 13:50:39 by Grumage »

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

it seems Roman ( Akula ) has taken T-1000's saying of " There are many roads to Rome " very seriously !!   :)

He either has a very special eye to these devices or is sitting atop a nuclear waste facility.  Seems everything he touches runs by itself.

He either has a very special eye to these devices or is sitting atop a nuclear waste facility.  Seems everything he touches runs by itself.
Roman works for a company in Germany which specialize on R&D of free energy devices and it is not surprise when something outlandish come to akula and he just starts to build it... ;) He's paid for that job.

He's paid for that job.

And a fine job it is.  What is most interesting to me about Roman is that he is able to see something in these devices so easily that we struggle with.  He knows exactly where to look and exactly what it is he is looking for, then makes some adjustments and bingo, it runs.

You speak his language T.  Have you ever heard him in his videos say something you thought was rather odd, but turns out to clearly be very important?

You speak his language T.  Have you ever heard him in his videos say something you thought was rather odd, but turns out to clearly be very important?

So far everything he speaks about are going along lines of my research. The only one thing to me was new at some point was how he described operation of his Kapanadze style device where the strong resonant electric field from Tesla coil helped to NMR effect on his receiving coil which had strong magnetic field in alignment.

For his Hendershot style video I do not see capacitors inside of cylindrical basket coils and this is main difference between original and his version. And on resonator coils with magnets he got capacitors. The rest of stuff for counter-balance is looking same so you do not need Earth grounding for its functioning..

Also for understanding Hendershot device the following principle may be valid in http://realstrannik.com/forum/freeenergylt-antanas/192-analiz-aleksandr-mishin-tpu.html (please toss it over Google translate)

Each coil is part of capacitor plate and the discharge is bouncing between two same coil-capacitors there.
This might been possible how Hendershot operated his device but also might be misleading to the other type of operation...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 05:50:57