PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2018-08-19, 03:22:12
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Intolerance  (Read 3633 times)

I was doing some wave research and stumbled onto this article which I had read many years ago when studying psychology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/3559727/The-Wave-the-experiment-that-turned-a-school-into-a-police-state.html

This is what happens when people give into intolerance and peer pressure and this is why I will not stand for it. I will not sit by and watch some people belittle and degrade others because they are different, because they do not think like us, because they do not believe the things we do. They may think they are more intelligent but their actions tell a very different tale, Intolerance is not a sign of intelligence it is just the opposite.

AC

---------------------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

There is infinitely more that we do not know, than we know.

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
You're such a drama queen AC.

Hey, we tolerate you don't we?  ;D

Group: Guest
Hey, we tolerate you don't we?  ;D

This requires sometimes a great effort  ;D.

And in the name of the tolerance, should we accept the intolerance?  ;)  It's normal to not tolerate everything, the question is only about what we must tolerate or not and this is very relative, question of moral values of the place and the time.

@Poynt99
You're such a drama queen AC.
Hey, we tolerate you don't we?

Lol, you know I think your absolutely right and I have to stop doing this kind of shit, what I meant to say is let's all try to get along. Just get along that's all I ask and the most we could ask of each other and I am glad you tolerate my odd outburst of high and mighty attitude. Maybe that will be my new years resolution, I will burn my high horse and start doing things which may actually make a difference and help someone.
Drama Queen, lol, I got a real kick out of that, well said
AC

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

The exercise no doubt was an enlightening
experience for all concerned and involved.

Those with conscience discovered how
easily the human mind can be manipulated.

Those with a nefarious bent learned a
potent and valuable tool for controlling
others...

"Truth: the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death." - John Gilmore (1935- ) Author

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Posting while inebriated is dangerous as you can fall off a thread as well as your pedestal.

Should we be intolerant of such folk or join them in a drink in tolerance?

Anyway we have come full cycle on the AC waveform in only 16.66 milliseconds, but this is not tolerated in Europe.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

AllCanadian,

You've made a most interesting posting here.

Most revealing as well!

One must wonder - is this really AC or is it Erron?

The similarities are mind boggling.

Tolerance you say? (Here)

Fanatical you say? (There)

Yessiree Bob.  Sure does sound like Erron...

"Truth: the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death." - John Gilmore (1935- ) Author

Group: Guest
I was doing some wave research and stumbled onto this article which I had read many years ago when studying psychology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/3559727/The-Wave-the-experiment-that-turned-a-school-into-a-police-state.html

This is what happens when people give into intolerance and peer pressure and this is why I will not stand for it. I will not sit by and watch some people belittle and degrade others because they are different, because they do not think like us, because they do not believe the things we do. They may think they are more intelligent but their actions tell a very different tale, Intolerance is not a sign of intelligence it is just the opposite.

AC

Exellent film, I recommend it.
Those who say that intolerance and pressure are from the others are often those who are intolerant and who suffer from not being able to apply enough pressure onto the latter to conform them to their desiderata. This is particularly obvious among religious groups which present themselves as victims of the behavior of the civil society; remember the opposition of christians against the "Da Vinci code" or this from muslims against the Muhammad cartoons. The so-called "oppressed minority" is not a rule and is even often used as pretext.
In the same manner, I see much more intolerance from the actors of the alternative energies, and especially of the "free energy", against the academic people, than the contrary. The Reason is not automatically in the camp of the smaller groups, nor is the tolerance.

@Dumped
Most revealing as well!
One must wonder - is this really AC or is it Erron?
The similarities are mind boggling.
Tolerance you say? (Here)
Fanatical you say? (There)

Actually I would call it healthy debate and was being a bit condescending on purpose to make a point that you may not have understood. As well we were in near complete agreement later on in the thread as my respect for this person was never in question. I have respect for their opinion and wanted to clearly define mine and weigh their response and I was very pleased by there non-aggressive response which is a sign of intelligence in my opinion.
Your response was a little more peculiar but still interesting in itself, that is I understand where you were trying to go with this but I'm not sure you got there.

@Exn
Exellent film, I recommend it.
Those who say that intolerance and pressure are from the others are often those who are intolerant and who suffer from not being able to apply enough pressure onto the latter to conform them to their desiderata. This is particularly obvious among religious groups which present themselves as victims of the behavior of the civil society; remember the opposition of christians against the "Da Vinci code" or this from muslims against the Muhammad cartoons. The so-called "oppressed minority" is not a rule and is even often used as pretext.
In the same manner, I see much more intolerance from the actors of the alternative energies, and especially of the "free energy", against the academic people, than the contrary. The Reason is not automatically in the camp of the smaller groups, nor is the tolerance.

I find this kind of thing a little mind-boggling but we live in a very weird world when a person thinks about it. As well I try not to single out any one person or group because I think were all a little weird if not crazy in some ways we just won't admit it to ourselves. The people we should worry about are the one's who think they are not a little crazy which is what this film was about in some respects. The people who are easiest to influence are usually the ones who believe they cannot be influenced.

I'm not sure I agree however I'm not sure why, most of the people I know personally in the FE community are very tolerant and intelligent people however most all of them do not make a point of standing out in a crowd. However I would agree that many who like to get up on their soapbox can seem intolerant from both sides of the debate. I think it is more to define their position or stance rather than complete intolerance towards others however I could be wrong as I just don't know.

Here is a very interesting read related to the topic of this movie.---
"The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind" -- Gustav LeBon
http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/BonCrow.html

AC
« Last Edit: 2013-01-03, 00:16:05 by allcanadian »

Quote from: AllCanadian
Your response was a little more peculiar but still
interesting in itself, that is I understand where
you were trying to go with this but I'm not sure
you got there.

Well, you eventually got there I'm pleased to
observe.  I was worried there for an instant.  :o

Your Erron impersonation is rather convincing!  8)

:-*

I should hasten to add that this is another Erron
impersonation which is quite good.

Mon Ami!!  What is one to think?
« Last Edit: 2013-01-03, 02:34:02 by Dumped »

@Dumped
Well, you eventually got there I'm pleased to
observe.  I was worried there for an instant. 

Your Erron impersonation is rather convincing!

I think Poynt99 had it correct using only two words, Drama queen, which I thought was really funny. You know if we can't laugh at ourselves and the peculiar things we do sometimes then I think we have real problems. I revel in my peculiarities and am always catching myself, why did I say that?, what was the underlying motive?, what was I hoping to accomlish by laying out the comment in that way?.
In any case sometimes I like to push just to see if they push back, then weigh their response in order to better understand the person I am dealing with. I think there is a whole lot of drama going on in the other forums and it's kind of fun to get into the thick of it every now and then. I would not want to make a habit of it but it is entertaining to watch the characters play out their roles.

Regards
AC

Aye, the drama can be fascinating to behold.

And instructive too.

So long as common sense with good intentions
prevails then the outcome can be positive for
most.  Laughter is good medicine.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2018-08-19, 03:22:12