PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2017-08-19, 13:52:17
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Wireless energy from AM radio station  (Read 31320 times)

[Edit:    Since first starting this thread, I discovered the presence of a 50 kilowatt AM radio station about 10 km away.  Please read on, now I'm attempting to receive as much power from this station as I can.

Just discovered the Schumann Resonance today at an unbelievably high level.]

Ok, here's my setup, just the huge coil I used before to tap into the power lines.  

Moving the coil around, I realized the magnetic field is polarized as follows:  

Horizontally Polarized
   Direction  East-West

My location right now is in TEXAS, US,   In the Dallas FortWorth metropolitan area.

Can somebody confirm?   I think BruceTPU lives in TX,  I'll have to give him a ring.  Others in other locations around the world, can you please confirm?   The resonance is global so you should see it, but there could be nodes where it gets amplified significantly.   Quick take out your coils please!

This is freaking exiting guys!   I thought this signal was weaker then hell, but apparently not today and not here.   I get 2 V p-p (scope set on 500 mV per division) and that is just shocking to me.  The period is exactly 140 ms,  so that gives 7.1428 Hz.

update 1:   Jan 20th, 2013,  1020 US Central Standard Time,     Signal level has decayed to 100 mV p-p

update 2:  Jan 20th, 2013,  1035 US Central Standard Time,   Signal level is now 20 mV p-p, same orientation, but I noticed the frequency is different,  so I think I know what is happening,  there is a signal that varies slightly, and when it matches the Schumann Resonance it amplifies greatly!     What is driving this low level signal?   Now the period is 150 ms = 6.67 Hz, so that explains why the magnitude is lower, because it doesn't quite match the resonant frequency of the earth, or Schumann resonance.    wow!    I'm so excited right now!

update 3:  Jan 20th, 2013, 1045 US CST, Central Standard Time,  Signal holds at 20 mV p-p, frequency still about 6.67 Hz,    I need to go to town, but will be back later to monitor.  It could be that the signal is higher in the morning and degrades slowly.   This needs further investigation.   If this signal holds at 20 mV p-p I think I can work with this and build an AFC circuit to track the frequency and extract energy from it.

update 4:  Jan 20th, 2013 1145 US CST,   Signal is now growing in strength, about 40 mV p-p,  and the frequency increasing slightly, so it is definitely frequency dependent.

EM
« Last Edit: 2013-04-05, 05:16:29 by EMdevices »

Do you guys realize that if the magnetic vector of this Schumann frequency is East-West,  that means the current is rushing North-South,   from pole to pole!  

This means that it is possibly driven by electric changes that accumulate and dissipate at the poles, from the ionosphere, and the charges funnel to the poles (due to the magnetic bottle phenomena) which also produces the aurora borealis.   So maybe this signal is driven by the sun, which outputs BURSTS of CHARGE at a certain frequency!

Anybody knowledgeable about solar system dynamics?

Or,  the charges that don't dissipate at the pole, spiral back and forth between the poles, and that is what determines the frequency!   O0

And since the magnetic field is blown longer by the sun, this could mean that the frequency drifts with the hour of the day.  So maybe right now it is just right in the morning and evening.  If this holds true it will be quite exciting.

EM
Or,  the charges that don't dissipate at the pole, spiral back and forth between the poles, and that is what determines the frequency!

http://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/astrophysics/killer-electrons-from-outer-space

In a competing theory of killer electrons called ”radial diffusion,” the Earth’s magnetic field lines are thought of as acting like an elastic band. When plucked by a burst of solar wind, the field wobbles and vibrates.

I think this a very interesting concept that a magnetic field could oscillate, not contract or expand but oscillate in itself. In this case we would want a very large, elongated and diffuse field, not unlike the cook setup ;). A concentrated field as we have generally use in all our machinery would be practically useless in this respect, it's interesting as this would in fact be magnetic resonance within the field itself.

AC

---------------------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

There is infinitely more that we do not know, than we know.

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
maybe you need to track the tuning of your coil as the frequency varies.

I had to take a quick trip, sorry to keep you all waiting in suspense.  

I came back tonight and checked the waveform and to my surprise it is now about 5 volts p-p  (see picture, 1 V/div)

I tried to load it down and noticed there isn't much power to it, in fact I connected portion of lamp cord to the coil antenna so I don't have to have the probes clamped to the terminal block, and to my surprise, the extra capacitance brought the voltage down significantly (mV range)  There is also some periodic disturbance on the peaks of the waveforms, they come and go, so that's puzzling.

So, I changed the time base to zoom in to these disturbances, and got to the 200 ns/div and noticed I get the same waveform amplitude with those disturbances on it.   >:(

Something bizarre is occurring, and also the energy is oriented in all directions now, but still horizontal polarized, so that doesn't make sense either.   this upper frequency is about:  830 kHz

I think some interesting mixing is occuring in my coil, from energy given off by nearby TV towers  (4 miles away huge towers for broadcasting, they seem to reach to the heavens that's how tall they are),  and it so happens I'm to the west of them, so maybe that's why I'm observing the EAST-WEST polarization,  (but not tonight, which has me stumped)

This is quite a mystery that's for sure.  If I get so much energy blasted at me, I should be able to tap into it easily.  In fact I think the fact that I connected the length of lamp cord, it acted like a 1/4 wavelength transformer, changing the inductance into a capacitance, and at those frequencies, the capacitance shorts the energy, so the signal dropped significantly.   I'm convinced I'm dealing with RF, but I'm puzzled by the mixing that is occurring to bring me that low 6 to 7 Hz signal.

EM

update:   I found a powerful 50 kWatts AM station at 820 kHz just 5 miles away!  Talk about free energy!    :D

Mystery Solved!   Now the fun begins!

« Last Edit: 2013-01-24, 04:18:11 by EMdevices »

I did some calculations and the radio station has an electric field strength at my location of about 0.5 V/m

If you think about it, that is huge.  If I have a resonant tank circuit, I can build up this signal through resonance by orders of magnitude assuming I have a good Quality Factor, or Q.   If I build a tank circuit with a Q=200, which is doable, I can build up to around 100 volts.

I'm thinking to tune one of my Tesla coils for 820 kHz, they have very high Q.   I should be able to light a bulb off of all this energy.  (few years ago I was amplifying 20 V up to 10000 V, with a tesla coil, that's a Q of 500)

Who thinks I can do it, and who thinks not, and why do you think so.  Let me hear your opinions.

EM

PS,  looks like the skin depth is about 0.1 mm so I'm going to use copper tubing to make a loop with a few turns, about 20 cm in diameter.  I want to keep the AC resistance low so I can achive that high Q.   I'll also tune it with a low ESR cap that is soaked in oil and can withstand high voltage,  just to be safe, because one never knows exactly how much that voltage can build up.  I hope I can build it to be self resonant, but I'll use the cap to fine tune.  After all is said and done, I'll implement an impedance transformer to preserve my Q as much as possible.  Maybe I'll do a 10:1 ratio.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-24, 05:07:54 by EMdevices »

This should prove to be a most interesting
experiment!

Yes, you'll be able to magnify the voltage
with a high "Q" resonant circuit but the
power available for a load will not be
increased*.  You may have to accumulate
some charge at the higher voltage in order
to perform any useful work for any length
of time.

Looking forward to your numbers...

*Unless, that is, you increase the ability of
your antenna to collect more energy.

"Truth: the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death." - John Gilmore (1935- ) Author

Frequency equals matter...
Crank it up and show the world!

Crank it up and show the world!

;D

Free Energy Wireless Lighting (FEWL) is coming, and you know it!   O0

@Dumped

*Unless, that is, you increase the ability of
your antenna to collect more energy.

That's exactly it!  O0

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Ever seen a tank coil from a high power transmitter where losses must be kept to a minimum?

Hi Q coils of copper tubing usually are thin walled and have silver plate on the surface to lower resistance at high frequencies.

You might also use Litz wire to increase Q. High quality low loss capacitors, such as vacuum variable would be helpful.

The use of a high frequency low loss ferrite rod core may help. It's a tradeoff between wire resistance loss vs. core loss.

With AM stations being phased out, some of us could be left "in the dark".

google "energy sucking antenna"

Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

Anybody knowledgeable about solar system dynamics?

I should be careful because I know nothing about this but:

Is it relevant that we are coming up to the maximum of the eleven year solar sun spot cycle?

If it is, I will get some NASA data if you want.

If relevant you might want to glance at this:
http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/browse/2013/01/24/ahead/euvi/195/512/

(Please note an easy way to update this is to alter on the URL the date,
being immediately after /browse/ in the form of year, month day).

(Try altering the date from 2013 to 2009 -but not earlier. You will see a diiferent business altogether).

I've seen some of those nice transmitter tuning coils.  (see first picture below)

I want to build something similar, but maybe a bit shorter, with fewer turns.  I want to build it on the cheap, so I'll try to make my own capacitor, maybe some some spheres where I can adjust spacing between them.  I just want to get the dimentions just right so I don't have to tune over a wide range.

In the second picture notice the AM loop antenna has spacers inbetween the coil wires, I probably should have done a similar thing to minimize proximity effect losses and lower capacitance.  I think I have enough slack in my antenna to insert one or maybe 2 spacing rods.

EM

[edit:  I added the 3rd picture, showing an antenna tuning unit (ATU),  looks so nice)
« Last Edit: 2013-01-25, 03:16:17 by EMdevices »

Frequency equals matter...
EM
http://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/astrophysics/killer-electrons-from-outer-space

I think this a very interesting concept that a magnetic field could oscillate, not contract or expand but oscillate in itself. In this case we would want a very large, elongated and diffuse field, not unlike the cook setup ;). A concentrated field as we have generally use in all our machinery would be practically useless in this respect, it's interesting as this would in fact be magnetic resonance within the field itself.

AC

Yes, the weak field.

Group: Guest
i hope this helps:
http://www.mdpi.com/2076-3263/1/1/3/pdf

We see in this interesting paper that Schuman resonances are just a bit more noise above the noise. This is an extremly weak energy so I wonder why we regularly hear of it in the free energy field, although it can't lead to practical applications. Even the least signal from VLF transmissions for submarines provides much more energy than Schuman resonances!

Group: Guest
I've seen some of those nice transmitter tuning coils.

It's where electronics meets plumbing  :). I like this kind of powerful circuits of AM transmitters. The copper ground alone must cost an arm and a leg.

@EX,  lots of money to build that room I'm sure.

@all,

I'm just amazed, perhaps its a big coincidence, or providence at work,  but the big loop coil I built, with which I discovered this 820 kHz signal (and the low 7 Hz signal) was built a few years ago, in a different state, for a different purpose, and amazingly I built it without knowing that it is actually self resonant at exactly 820 kHz!  I'm just blown away by this.  What are the odds of such a thing happening?  If I pull on the coils and do other things to it it detunes, or maybe slightly tunes higher, but I think it is tuned about 99% right on 820 kHz.   

Tonight I hooked up a 10 cm diameter coil that has maybe 40 turns of thin magnet wire on it, and tuned it with a variable tuning capacitor (like in the old radios)  and I only get about 100 mV with it, so I'm confident now that I can design a better coil with a higher Q, so I can build up the voltage maybe to 20 Volts when turned.

Once I get there,  it will be enough power that I can loop back to increase the gain even more, (regeneration).   I think I can make a self powering AM radio that will be loud too, and maybe even power up a small light bulb!  That should be quite a sight!

EM

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
What a fantastic example of electronic & mechanical engineering coming together, a real skill building that room a beautiful sight.  O0

Good luck EM sounds like a great project.

Here's another update:

I decided to go after the Electric field component and leave the magnetic component for now.  I tore down my aerial antenna and used the wire to build up the coil in the photo.

What better tuned receiver could I build than a Tesla Coil!   O0

I estimate the voltage can build up to about 300 to 500 volts between terminals, if I fine tune exactly on frequency.  After I step it down, I'll probably have about 1.5 to 3 volts, so I should be able to load it down a bit without reducing the high Q factor too much.

Anyway, I hope to light a small LED or even a 1.5 volt flashlight bulb.  That would be very exciting, if I can pull it off!

EM

I got some serious free energy at last!   LOL   :D

I completed another loop antenna that is smaller and has the same number of turns (20), yet it develops a bit more voltage when tuned, (over 6 volts p-p)    

I'm now contemplating my next move, which will be to implement regeneration probably.   I think I can pull in quite a bit of power once I implement this, but before I do that I'm going to buy some Schottky diodes and rectify the output to see if I can light an LED. I hope that if I put some inductors in serious with the diodes it won't load the coil that much and ruin the Q.

Here's some pictures of my current setup.

The Heathkit RF Generator box is non functioning so I tapped into the side of it so I can access the variable capacitor inside.  I'll have to take it out of the box later so I'm not accused of hiding batteries in there, but for now I'm not showing anything amazing.

For those new to this topic,   I live about 10 km from an AM radio station that radiates 50 kilo watts omnidirectionally, one of these days I might take a drive and get closer to it with my receiver.

Any suggestions welcome.

EM
« Last Edit: 2013-03-19, 13:22:57 by EMdevices »

I built a stand for the antenna coil and placed a secondary coil inside to impedance transform down (about 10:1) so that the high Q of the primary tank circuit is maintained.

On this secondary coil, the signal is about 400 mV, and I can drive a speaker (after rectification) and listen to the radio station.

Free energy from the aether!  :D

EM

PS  I also spaced the coil turns with the white foam boards, to minimize the inter winding capacitance.

The beautiful thing about receiving energy from a radio station is that its free. They freely put out the power to reach out to you.   On the other hand, taping into the stray fields from power lines is interfering with the energy transport along the line.  Yes they know those fields extend out, and the interference can be pronounced even up to miles away, but they trust that no one will tap into these low fields with a high Q receiver.  

Imagine if we can perfect a power receiver to receive 100 watts or more of wireless power at a range of 10 miles away from a central radio station!  that would be something, but more revolutionary of an idea I think it would be to charge up cellphones and small electronics.  This would require a small high Q tank circuit, which would be a challenge to build, but not impossible.

« Last Edit: 2013-04-05, 05:11:30 by EMdevices »

Cool Build EM,

Were you able to light up an LED yet?

Not yet at my location 10 km away, but closer at 1 to 2 km away.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
More information here, a wealth of radio diagrams for low power setups:

http://www.ke3ij.com/nopower.htm

http://www.crystalradio.net/crystalplans/xximages/Free1.JPG
http://www.crystalradio.net/crystalplans/xximages/Free2.JPG
http://www.crystalradio.net/crystalplans/xximages/Free3.JPG

The way I remember these things being used is two radios in one.

One of the radios was tuned to a high power local station, the power from that (mW) was used to energize the second receiver, which could be tuned to any station.

Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

More information here, a wealth of radio diagrams for low power setups:

http://www.ke3ij.com/nopower.htm

http://www.crystalradio.net/crystalplans/xximages/Free1.JPG
http://www.crystalradio.net/crystalplans/xximages/Free2.JPG
http://www.crystalradio.net/crystalplans/xximages/Free3.JPG

The way I remember these things being used is two radios in one.

One of the radios was tuned to a high power local station, the power from that (mW) was used to energize the second receiver, which could be tuned to any station.

Thanks for the links, good stuff.   Notice they are powered from stray 60 Hz fields around the house.

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2017-08-19, 13:52:17