PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 01:30:16
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: hhop  (Read 215884 times)

Group: Moderator

Everyman decries immorality
The hhop AKA hho pulsometer is a direct current electrical input device. Electrolysis is the energy conversion method for creating gas pressure from electricity, creating variable pressure hho and steam. Gas production rate controlled by electrical input energy, Lord Kelvin's water dropper ignition system's spark rate is both fixed and generous.

1 Atmosphere, 1 Bar, 15 psi is the system's natural operating pressure. 10 metre head of water at 15 psi available via suction pumping, 1 metre head of water force pumped at 1.5 psi is enough to run a Kelvin dropper. Spark ignition phase changes gas to liquid, creating a relative negative vacuum with respect to atmospheric system pressure, 1 Atmosphere. Single non return valve prevents gas pressurisation of the main reservoir and atmospheric valve, instead performing work on the other atmospheric valve and water outlet.

hhop1 shows the system gas cell located vertically below the cross chamber. Directly above the displacement / combustion chamber holds the spark plug. To the left of the cross after the check valve is the main reservoir oriented vertically. To the right of the cross is the vertical atmospheric tube valve and hose assembly.

Note the black dielectric insulator sleeves, they create the hhop's two electrical circuits. A gas production circuit and an ignition circuit which includes the sparkplug also. The system is shown looped, awaiting ignition system integration.

A compressed air snapvalve running at 10psi powering a linear magnet switch spark gap might be fun.

hhop2 shows an exploded view of every component in the system. The part 2nd from bottom, corners cut, pp reducing bush 1/2"m, 1/4"f bsp, ebay. Can you identify all the parts ?

hhop3 shows the internals of the system. The gas cross bypass tube with sleeve removed, and a vertical view of the tube gas cell.

hhop4 is..?)

---------------------------
Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

The hhop is my retirement project and I have decided to share it with the members of this forum. Members are welcome to comment and are encouraged to contribute, I will moderate the thread to keep it on topic. I just want to talk about hhop and have some fun playing with it.

hhop 5 is another variation of the design, lowering cost by reducing fittings required, and improving efficiency. The displacement / combustion chamber has had its diameter increased leveraging pascals principle during the displacement phase of the cycle. Cost has also been reduced. The outlet tube on the right is a gas pipe from the plumbing shop in 1/4bsp, the excess that i cut off is lying next to it and is very useful for raising water through 1m vertical height. The reservoir on the left has had it's valve placed vertically altering the stress on the fittings and compacting the width while raising the height of the reservoir. The goal would be to replace the entire left branch completely with plastic fittings and non return check valves, the same for the right branch. This focuses resources on the center column which comprises the gas cell and d / c chamber containing the ignition assembly. hhop 7 shows the valves i use in the clear plastic line, setting chamber volume via linear distance between valves. The assembly is now starting to look like it is approaching an efficient configuration :)

hhop6 shows the fitting sizes with improvements being made via reducing from 2" to 1/2" direct for compatibility with the spark plug adaptor. The 3/4" cross remains because it is necessary to house internally the od of the 1/2" to 1/4" reducing bush after modification to fit. Once custom threaded adaptors are being made (I am toying with the idea of making custom Delrin bushes) the potential integration of system components becomes greater.

I want us all to have fun with this, it is a real functioning device fully disclosed, and can be vastly improved with some R&D. This is a task for a small community not an individual so if anyone wants to help out your more than welcome. For example, the Kelvin water dropper ignition system is going to need a smart controller timer and possibly a capacitor bank to store unused charge potential to later be used for covering misfire energy costs. I am working on a pressure related switch using a neodymium linear piston as a moving spark gap (increasing the spark gaps in the system to 2 while being visually impressive and fun at the same time;)

« Last Edit: 2014-05-04, 13:17:40 by evolvingape »

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Hi ea

I like your design and would prefer a piezo actuated igniter over the Kelvin water dropper, since you have high pressure pulses, all that is needed is a suitable delay / advance and some electrical storage. This is easy to do e.g. the piezo can store a small portion of the pressure pulse into a HV capacitor which is later released for the next required ignition. This could also be done with a magneto, a coil plus moving magnet and suitable storage / delay.

How much estimated energy per pulse is required for ignition, how much is released with each pulse? (rough calculation in Joules)

The pictures are nice, high res shots but if you can supply a simple hand sketch showing all components, that would be helpful in explaining the whole loop. Maybe you have done this already in some back pages.

Thank you for posting, your work is highly appreciated.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Hi ION,

Yeah I love this design too, it has thousands of hours of love devoted to it so far and the progress is pleasing. The experimental data has held to theory well and led to the structure, with many smaller proofs along the way providing the mini successes that keep you going. I have discovered some new possible integrations that I have had zero time to attend to, but they are interesting!

The hho cell that has both electrolysis circuit and ignition system built into the structural design of the cell is a recent discovery by accident. Interestingly it is the design I gave you 2 years ago, but I didn't know it did this back then :) It runs off the same input signal (12V DC rectified from wall 240V AC) but when pulsed manually on and off with a battery charger it will charge the cell with gas on one pulse, and ignite the residual gas in the cell on the next pulse and then charge as normal.

Not much gas left to ignite so it's a much smaller humph and I think its mainly the fresh hho generated while the cell is off that is igniting, but at 12V across the cell walls it's not a spark doing it.. so is it RF ? Plasma ? Electro-Hydraulic shock ? Don't know yet is the current answer.

So let's get this straight;

I hook up the battery charger clamps to the electrodes, I hit the battery charger on button which is number 1 on the remote, switching on the battery charger that reads a dead battery, no charge because its water and salt. It force pumps lots of amps into the cell at 14.4V say and the cell begins producing steam and hho at quite a rate. The fuel generated now occupies the top of the chamber displacing the water below it, as the fuel pressure builds. I now hit button 1 again and turn off the electrolysis gas cell.

Now I hit button 2..

80,000 Volts across a 1mm spark plug gap in the top of the chamber.. pretty sight :D Dielectric breakdown of air into a plasma arc is 30 kV per cm. Therefore 3 kV is no problem, and in theory we got the leftover energy going to plasma, in air that is..

So the charge goes off with a whumph, a relative vacuum is created and suction pumping begins to fill the chamber with water. Button 2 again and the ignition system is now off. The gas cell is still producing hho even though the charger power is off and it is filling a chamber with a slowly reducing volume. Wait a few seconds and then hit button 1 to turn the charger back on because you want some more gas right ? Well the moment you hit that button the cell goes humph.. it ignited at 12V on a charge cycle, reliably, repeatably.

So, the chamber is not filled with air if you bleed it, and is full of air if you don't. An air intake NRV in the chamber and we are well on our way to a breathing pump, taking a breath on each suction cycle as well as diluting the hho and creating a lean burn scenario.

The Kelvin water dropper accepts a low pressure input and generates a high electrical potential output, allowing fuel pressure to charge the ignition system. This is significant because it allows me to reduce the system inputs to one, low Voltage DC. Should the cell discovery described above be understood in the future and then integrated into the design I will be able to remove the Kelvin water dropper and run the system more reliably (both gas and ignition functions from the same cell) with a simple timer pulse controller on the DC input line.

Light from the combustion event is also available as an input energy source, so a clear walled combustion pressure container, or an ion gas sleeve perhaps, and we got a grow lamp :D that has a built in pump and heater. The pollutants from the combustion process waste gases, become nutrients for the plants and algae. Underwater farming using tidal power would be a good direction to go..

Lot's of fun to be had with the hhop   8)

Standard off the shelf gas restrictor tube:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p67529

High quality stainless steel threaded tubing in a variety of lengths, from 2” to 2m. Use these for electrodes and gas bypass tubes, and the longer sections for outlet tube. Threaded both ends 1/4 bspt male:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-PRESSURE-WASHER-STAINLESS-PIPE-TUBE-1-4BSP-MALE-THREADS-400BAR-0123456789MM-/180809855425?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&var=&hash=item2a191b71c1

Non return check valves:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Non-Return-One-Way-Check-Valve-Co2-Aquarium-Air-Pump-/281188502692?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4178240ca4

Polypropylene reducing bush 1/2”M  to 1/4”F (dielectric insulator):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-M-x-1-4-F-BSP-Reducing-Bushing-Polypropylene-PP-Black-Plastic-Pipe-Fitting-/321190468232?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item4ac8719a88

Sparkplug adaptor 1/2” bspM to 14mmF for the combustion chamber:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spark-Plug-Thread-Adaptors-Brass-1-2-Pipe-down-14mm-/220891717863?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336e2c20e7

Garden hose tap adaptor, brass 3/4” bsp outer nipple, internal 1/2” and 5/8” reducing female thread:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-Inch-x-5-8-Inch-x-1-2-Inch-BSP-Bib-Tap-Adapter-Bush-Brass-/121220243340?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item1c394a1f8c

Garden hose tap adaptor, plastic 3/4” bsp outer nipple, internal 1/2” and 5/8” reducing female thread:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121237612002

ZX55 low cost supplier of stainless steel fittings in bsp:

http://zx55.com/default.asp

Pipestock low cost supplier of polypropylene (pp) fittings in bsp:

http://www.pipestock.com/pp-threaded-fittings/

I want to get interested people building quickly, without having to post devices to each other. You have all the information you need now to replicate, all you have to do is connect power and it will work, add an ignition system of some sort and your up and running.

Basic sketch of the design.

Group: Ambassador

Evolvingape
Thanks for the part sourcing info,looking forward to assembling this neat little project.
Truly greatful for you sharing this!

Chet

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Evolvingape:

Thanks for the sketch and part sourcing, it is a big help.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

No worries guys, the effort to put the links up for you was minuscule compared to the effort that went into finding them for me. It's amazing how something so hard to earn can be given away so easily, but in that act lies the multiplier.

There are really only a few key components. The 3/4” bsp tap adaptor nipple that is also internally threaded 1/2” bspf allows you to sleeve easily (if its drilled and tapped straight) and reverse direction, while isolating electrical signals, and easy to get off the shelf walking into any B&Q or Wickes or somewhere like that. It comes in both plastic and brass flavours...

The reversing nipple above is the reason for the 3/4” cross, direct compatibility, and the 1/2” to 1/4” bsp reducing bush just interferes 'sometimes' going through the cross thread bore, which is the reason for the junior hacksaw to make the bush fit. So by going up to a 1” cross I require another reducing bush 1” to 3/4” and also removes the junior hacksaw requirement :) With a selection of the same part on hand so you can find ones slightly different that fit without being modded you can build a hhop completely without tools.

The pressure washer tube is also essential as it forms the central electrode of the gas processing cell, and makes a mighty strong bypass tube to withstand the combustion event and pressure changes in the chamber, electrically isolated so no electrolysis going on... maybe ? Don't know yet, there are many things about this cell+ that I do not yet understand.

Don't forget your 1/2" bsp spark plug adaptor that allows you to take any 14mm spark plug and you got a new toy  ;D

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you and your families all had a great time!   :D

If we take another look at the image hhop1.jpg we can see that the assembly has no NRV on the pump outlet line on the right. This is how I ran all my initial testing with the system open to atmospheric pressure for safety reasons, my early prototypes were also all built with hydraulic class fittings and only later when I deemed it safe did I move to bsp 150lb class stainless steel fittings. The problem with the early design was that initially my hho cell was mounted at the the top of the system on a branch level with the d / c chamber and this worked fine, however when I moved the hho cell to the bottom of the system in an inline design I found that as the fuel pressure started to build some of the gas would follow the system fluid flow and travel up the outlet line. To rectify this situation I added the bypass tube so that the hho gas would, and could only be, delivered directly to the d / c chamber. This took a while to develop but now that we know how to do it, it's easy right!

So what we now have is a device that runs on solar power (converted to DC via the solar panel), processes it's own fuel through electrolysis, uses the fuel pressure created to displace water and force pump it through a vertical height charging the ignition system, and the ignition event resetting the system to initial conditions. When the relative partial vacuum is created after the ignition event, were we to connect the inlet side of the system to a water body below the device atmospheric pressure would refill the chamber by suction pumping. A neat little circle that also shows some critical design principles to be adhered to when building something like this.

The hhop works in a very similar manner to the Steam Pulsometer whose original design has two branches that worked on opposite cycles, it could not have a single inline design because the heat powering the steam boiler could not be turned off and significantly reduce steam production quickly. However, the hhop can have it's DC input turned off to save energy and the rate of hho production can drop rapidly with only residual charge in the cell producing gas at a slow rate but much purer hho content without the steam present. The inline supersonic steam pulsometer was my answer to the problem of turning the steam production off, using peak chamber pressure to trigger the system instead. As all 3 designs can be run off DC input it will be very interesting in the future to directly compare the designs working principles and performance.

At some point in the new year (weather permitting) I will begin testing on the hhop and make a video for you showing the operation. Hopefully by then other people will be building this device and we can compare notes, it is very simple with standard off the shelf parts and can be run from a car battery or charger, and ignition systems are in no short supply around here so I see no obstacle's to replication apart from lack of interest in the device and technology itself.

First let's look at the Daniell Cell, something that has intrigued me since I came across it many years ago in school:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniell_cell

Now let's look at a recent posting from Revolution Green:

http://revolution-green.com/wattjoule-breakthrough-energy-storage-technology/

Also note the comment from Mark E. at the bottom of the page.

What similarities can you see between the Daniell Cell and the Wattjoule device ?

The hhop has the fluid pump built into the system, using fuel pressure from the fuel processing cell to create the fluid displacement and pump the electrolyte.

The Kelvin water dropper automatically separates the charge in the electrolyte into a high potential difference Voltage (Note: extensive testing using charged electrolyte in a looped Kelvin water dropper hhop not completed yet).

The spark gap converts the ( high voltage low current ) into ( low voltage high current ) providing the ignition system spark.

The double series spark gap will provide timing control and system reset with feedback provided by the fluid displacement process. ( When I have finished it )

Can we extract a charge from the electrolyte at any point in this system that will not affect it's looped operation ? ( Don't know yet! )

The hhop is fully disclosed, you have all the information needed to build one and now you have a parts sourcing list the prototype can be built for around $200 ish.

BSP is not essential, NPT fittings ( along with any other compatible fitting type ) can be used as well depending on geographic location. The reversing nipple requires a local replacement if unavailable to purchase or a custom nipple tapped and threaded from suitable stock material. If you really wanted you could bypass the reversing barrel nipple completely and run the electrode directly into the D / C chamber using a dual earth system...

There are lot's more things you can do with this device, and now you have the construction method you can innovate, like a battery fuel cell, can all be built out of these fittings and added to the structure seamlessly using series and parallel cell circuits.

For example, what happens if I wire the damn thing up wrong ? Hooking up 80kV to the fuel cell hhop4? Something or nothing? tell me what and why and under what environmental conditions said effects occur and I might say more...

P.S. Sorry ION but I don't take PIN / POUT measurements because if I did the reality check might tell me something I am trying to ignore, and more importantly, is diametrically opposed to my agenda.

"The double series spark gap will provide timing control and system reset with feedback provided by the fluid displacement process. ( When I have finished it )"

The first spark gap is fixed being across the sparkplug electrodes in the combustion chamber, a distance of approximately 1mm. This sparkgap 1 enjoys a closed environment inside the chamber, experiences steady rate pressure increases before rapid change to partial relative vacuum. Phase change relative implosion of the gas present is triggered by this spark event.

Sparkgap 2 is outside the chamber and enjoys an open environment at atmospheric pressure. The gap distance itself is variable and acts as a switch, a rocker switch affair on a lever arm maybe.

A pressure switch in the line could act as a nice reliable trigger controlled by an arduino. As we are pumping a fluid with mass through a vertical height it has relative GPE gravitational potential energy, weight.

Sparkgap 2 closes the gap as the UIR ignition reservoir fills and at a certain point triggers dielectric breakdown in air and the spark jumps the gap. The ignition reservoir must be a container of some sort open at the top to receive fluid, both atmospheric pressure ( pneumatic air) and pumped liquid water with gravitational potential energy (hydraulic water).

Control the water bleed rate from the dynamic UIR (on the end of the lever about the pivot moment using water weight increase over time as a rate meter) to the static LIR lower ignition reservoir using a controlled bleed to feed the opposite polarity Kelvin water dropper's, and therefore the drip rate through an orifice of known diameter at AP atmospheric pressure.

Radial porting drilled into UIR container at a specific height on the container will relate UIR discharge rate to DC displacement chamber force pumping rate. This method bypasses the need for a dump valve on the UIR to discharge into the LIR in order to continue the process, but will require accurate initial timing setup about the trigger point.

If the ignition system above seems a little over complicated, well 'hah' yeah i suppose it is, but it is just so much fun I can't resist it like a moth to a flame. So let's make things a bit easier and get an accessible ignition system on the go:

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/cannon/sparky.html

This ignition system works and is timed manually by swiping the lead across the battery terminal. It works best off a series 8 1.5 Volt AA battery bank, get the plastic chassis cheap off ebay or maplins etc. Try and swipe it over a car battery and you will burn out the internal resistor in the HV ignition coil, that cost me a coil and the exciting bit is the foreknowledge of the cost to prove it  C.C If you want even simpler and more powerful ignition sp'arcs' look for pre built HV ignition systems on ebay.

shhop01 uses a central tube electrode with dielectric bypass sleeve that also serves as the internal mount for the neutral sleeve tube in the  chamber. The hho cell is now sleeved inside the displacement combustion chamber. The outside sleeve of electrolyte fluid between the ground and neutral tube is displaced, but not completely, ensuring the electrical circuit is not broken and the cell continues to create gas.

shhop02 The brass assembly at the top of the dc chamber is a standard relief valve of some sort probably a shower set at a couple of bar. With a custom piston rod might server as a simple version of the snapvalve governer achieving self pressure cycle regulation, needs integrating with ignition assembly.

shhop03 shows the central electrode assembly stripped from the pump along with the usual NRV's and reservoir etc.

shhop04 shows the central electrode assembly stripped. The polypropylene riser sleeve is 1/2" bsp and the electrode tube is 1/4" bsp, I drilled out the plastic to interference fit with the tube and some epoxy etc on final assembly will seal.

Still needs a snapvalve governer capable of variable timed ignition, or an electrical timing circuit of your choice might be more suitable for you.

Hi ea

I like your design and would prefer a piezo actuated igniter over the Kelvin water dropper, since you have high pressure pulses, all that is needed is a suitable delay / advance and some electrical storage. This is easy to do e.g. the piezo can store a small portion of the pressure pulse into a HV capacitor which is later released for the next required ignition. This could also be done with a magneto, a coil plus moving magnet and suitable storage / delay.

When I analysed the system and concluded that hho gas pressure (produced via electrolysis) was capable of pumping water through a significant height in the gravitational field, I had an output from the cell that could be used. In order to loop that output I needed an ignition system that could accept as an input, the output from the cell pressure. The Kelvin water dropper fit this profile and is why I embarked on proving that a static HV electrical charge could reliably discharge across a spark gap inside a metallic pump housing. I built my own electrodes inside hydraulic fittings from scratch to prove this, before moving to a high quality spark plug integrated design. The point of all this was to show people how to analyse the inputs and outputs at each stage in the process and build them into a system capable of self looping. I have since moved on from automotive spark plugs due to corrosion problems over time however by integrating the spark gap with the hho cell I was able to solve this and simply use two signals, an LV signal to generate the gas and then a HV signal to create a spark. Since then I have managed to theoretically integrate the snapvalve governer into the system as an alternative means of ignition, using the sensitivity of the primary explosive hho to directly access the cell gas pressure as a means of ignition. I have yet to build the snapvalve governer but I am confident it will work if designed correctly, thus running the ignition circuit of the cell directly off the gas pressure produced in a self regulating manner.

How much estimated energy per pulse is required for ignition, how much is released with each pulse? (rough calculation in Joules)

In the new snapvalve governer ignition system design there is no additional cost of energy for the ignition event to occur (as there is not in the Kelvin water dropper system either). The LV DC signal that creates the gas pressure to pump also creates the ignition energy reaction when the snapvalve governer "snaps", hho sensitivity to shock is the principle being exploited here. The intended solar application of this device also allows for the potential integration of a LV DC ignition system input and suitable timing control circuitry, however that is extra electronics vulnerable to EMP so from my point of view, undesirable.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-19, 22:11:32 by evolvingape »

Let's kick things up a notch...

http://www.tytlabs.com/tech/fpeg/index.html

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=509015&f=11

"linear Generators are nothing new ...Volvo worked on something as well .

Most Projects fail to acknowledge the Problem of heat degrading the magnetic force using permanent magnets"

Most projects... but not my project... my cooling system is integrated into the device itself and comprises the working fluid and a heat exchanger, a simple radiator. I am not radiating heat away to the environment wastefully, I am using it as an input to a low grade heating system for your home run off solar power.

Centraflow has quite correctly, and quickly I might add, deduced that shhop can become an "engine" although I would add that it must be multiple cylinder due to the low"ish" reciprocal rate (rate potential currently unknown). I countered with a manifold design and staggered timing. 32 micro pistons, how about 64, or 128...

High temperature magnets are available up to 350C retail :

https://www.hkcm.de/expert.php

Each vacuum stroke of the cycle introduces cool feedstock water, and each compression stroke pumps away heated electrolyte, while pumping the coolant electrolyte to the heat exchanger which radiates to environment (air in your house). After the heat has been removed the coolant can be recycled or dumped (It's hard to ignore the cold water under the ground or out the tap)... Both 1/2's of the reciprocal cycle generates power in the coil, or potentially an ionised gas as an input to another process...

I have also removed the gas spring for resetting the piston, the backpressure from the coolant system flow control valve provides partial resistance while the vacuum and atmospheric pressure create the potential difference for resetting the system to Time = 0

You now have all the hidden keys to both the HELP and shhop.

« Last Edit: 2014-05-19, 22:12:08 by evolvingape »

1) System at starting conditions atmospheric pressure. Ring magnet with buoyancy cancelling weight.

2) Gas pressure generated by hho cell displaces fluid and forces magnet down through coil generating a Current to be stored in a capacitor. Gas spring is external atmospheric pressure at 1 Bar.

3) Magnet has fully passed through coil and coil is now non energised. Core of coil is hho gas which has replaced the liquid electrolyte.

4) hho phase change triggered and emits EMP which charges coil. Current is again tapped off and stored in capacitor.

5) hho core is replaced by vacuum core and water vapour.

5) Atmospheric pressure drives water back into chamber vacuum, forcing magnet through coil and generating a Current which is again tapped off and stored.

6) System has returned to starting conditions and cycle can now repeat.

The electrolyte acts as the coolant (but can also be normal water as the hho cell electrolyte and pumped working fluid can be separated. Low grade heat exchanged with air inside your house via radiator. Each complete cycle 1 - 6 generates three opportunities to extract electrical energy, 2 from the linear reciprocation of the magnet through the coil and 1 from the hho phase change event. Small electrical output runs LED house lighting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically-powered_flashlight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidifier

An ultrasonic humidifier uses a metal diaphragm vibrating at an ultrasonic frequency to create water droplets that silently exit the humidifier in the form of a cool fog. Ultrasonic humidifiers use a piezoelectric transducer to create a high frequency mechanical oscillation in a film of water. This forms an extremely fine mist of droplets about one micron in diameter, that is quickly evaporated into the air flow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity

Piezoelectricity is the electric charge that accumulates in certain solid materials (such as crystals, certain ceramics, and biological matter such as bone, DNA and various proteins) in response to applied mechanical stress. The word piezoelectricity means electricity resulting from pressure. It is derived from the Greek piezo or piezein, which means to squeeze or press, and electric or electron, which stands for amber, an ancient source of electric charge. Piezoelectricity was discovered in 1880 by French physicists Jacques and Pierre Curie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_reflectivity_modification#Ultrasonic_excitation_of_a_liquid_using_a_piezo-electric_transducer

This technique works by creating faraday waves at a free surface. If the waves are steep enough the droplets of sea water will be thrown from the crests and particles can enter into the clouds within a predictable area. However, a significant amount of energy is required.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_waves

Faraday waves, also known as Faraday ripples, named after Michael Faraday, are nonlinear standing waves that appear on liquids enclosed by a vibrating receptacle. When the vibration frequency exceeds a critical value, the flat hydrostatic surface becomes unstable. This is known as the Faraday instability. Faraday first described them in an appendix to an article in the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London in 1831.

If a layer of liquid is placed on top of a vertically oscillating piston, a pattern of standing waves appears which oscillates at half the driving frequency, given certain criteria of instability. This relates to the problem of parametric resonance. The waves can take the form of stripes, close-packed hexagons, or even squares or quasiperiodic patterns. Faraday waves are commonly observed as fine stripes on the surface of wine in a wineglass that is ringing like a bell. Faraday waves also explain the 'fountain' phenomenon on a singing bowl.

The Faraday wave and its wavelength is analogous to the de Broglie wave with the de Broglie wavelength in quantum mechanics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiphasic_liquid

A multiphasic liquid is a mixture consisting of more than two immiscible liquid phases. Biphasic mixtures consisting of two immiscible phases are very common and usually consist of an organic solvent and an aqueous phase ("oil and water").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_bubble

A bubble is a globule of one substance in another, usually gas in a liquid. Due to the Marangoni effect, bubbles may remain intact when they reach the surface of the immersive substance.

An electrical input converted to an ultrasonic high frequency mechanical oscillation can induce standing Faraday Waves in a vertical liquid piston. The resultant ejection of water vapour from the surface forms antibubbles in an (air) oxidiser / inert gas atmosphere. Substitution of the (air) inert / oxidiser atmosphere for a hho atmosphere,  as in the case of combining a hhop with a fuel vapour transducer, a bad idea. You have placed both primary and secondary explosives in the same place at the same time without control.

The primary and secondary fuel processing systems must be kept separate at all times. They may be combined in the combustion chamber, but in order to do that you must have a delivery system. We adopt the use of differing specific gravity properties of liquids to separate our hydraulic piston and our air gas layer in the secondary fuel processing outer sleeve.

Using air as the only sensible gas to compress as an input in this system, and using negative pressure to suck secondary fuel liquid globules into the stream, gives us a mixture which will burn. Primary is picked up, mixed, and injected into the flow in the same manner and we now have secondary fuel air diluted antibubbles ready, in a watered down primary gas antibubble, entrained in a hydraulic liquid flow. Sensitive to both ignition via compression and spark timed ionisation via the dielectric breakdown of dissimilar fluids across the spark gap.

PHELIS

http://www.overunity.com/10218/helis-hydro-electro-lytic-injector-system/nowap/#.U23w-nb3Gh4

http://www.overunity.com/11318/plasmics/#.U230P3b3Gh4
« Last Edit: 2014-05-10, 11:47:07 by evolvingape »

A short video of hhop pumping electrolyte through the system loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJ003wkEo8&feature=youtu.be

Minor disaster when the 80K ignition system went pop, no idea why because I had tested it before hooking it up and it was working fine. Oh well.. it happens..

hhop gas displacement bypass tube simplified:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Brass+Shower+Arm+Connector/p91988

This is the design used in the hhop video.

My friend sent me this video:

George Wiseman Describes Al Throckmorton's Overunity Water Pump at TeslaTech 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnxUFTt4lAg

The conversation at the 8:00 minute mark made me smile... "You know as well as I do if you did this right.."  O0

Group: Guest
The conversation at the 8:00 minute mark made me smile... "You know as well as I do if you did this right.."  O0

Ol' David Puchta.  A lot of what he says will make you smile.   :)

Pretty neat just how powerful a little blast of that gas is:
http://www.lordspumpproject.com/first-outdoor-working-tests-of-water-pump.html

The whole water piston concept is really quite brilliant.  Too bad Tommey Reed bailed on us.  I bet he could build exactly what is mentioned in your video link.

The whole water piston concept is really quite brilliant.  Too bad Tommey Reed bailed on us.  I bet he could build exactly what is mentioned in your video link.

Original credit for the water piston concept is probably "The Pulsometer steam pump is a pistonless pump which was patented in 1872[1] by American Charles Henry Hall", the original inspiration for hhop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsometer_pump

The Vogt engine might be in with a shout but I think was behind by a few decades.. hard to tell without the patent date:

http://overunity.com/13896/hho-hydrogen-and-diesel-injection-the-truth/msg379840/#msg379840

I am sure Tommey could build a hhop, I did it without a workshop on the living room floor in a few hours assembly time (most of the time was spent sealing the joints with ptfe tape and on some occasions loctite), and for a parts cost of around a few hundred $.. the automatic timing electrics need to be added but that is probably quite cheap and easy for the talented fellow's around here. hhop is a teaching aid and not the most advanced model but if I ever come out of retirement I might build another (I gave the original away to a friend) it sure was fun shooting water in the air! Shit my pants the first time though, the reaction is rapid, violent but reasonably quiet being muffled by the stainless housing. The neighbours never complained anyway.. don't think they even heard it.

Wait until people figure out what else you can do with it.. should be an interesting year!  ;)

Ol' David Puchta.  A lot of what he says will make you smile.   :)

Yeah your right, this comment in particular made me smile!  ;D

Happy thinking, I think this one deserves a serious look, please if you do this replication give credit to the man who had the guts to bring it to the table.

Cheers

David A Puchta

Some good info in the comments section of the pesn article:

http://pesn.com/2014/08/05/9602523_George-Wiseman_Describes_Al-Throckmortons_Overunity-Water-Pump_at_TeslaTech-2014/

My personal favourite,
"I'm thinking the spark plug should be centrally located at the top of the dome; better to do once the explosion chamber is steel."
hhop1 will help you out George!   O0

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 01:30:16