PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 18:27:41
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Charge Pump - .No, not the well known circuit  (Read 5656 times)
Group: Guest
Does anyone have an example, link or documentation about pumping static charge using a changing magnetic field?

Example:

Homopolar motor (not) where nothing rotates. Instead of rotating a disk in a magnetic field the magnetic field would vary causing charge to accumulate at the edge of the disk. In this case, the disk may need to be a dielectric instead of a conductor.

Yes, I know what Lorentz says. The problem is... That isn't how it works.

When I search for 'static charge in a changing magnetic field' the search engines insist that I mean 'moving charge in a static magnetic field'.

Can you use the stator of an induction motor to test your idea?

I would use a charged dielectic to test the effect, suspend it on a spring close to one side of the stator that is horizontal, so when the magnetic field rotates N than S, it should cause it to oscilate.

EM

Can you use the stator of an induction motor to test your idea?

I would use a charged dielectic to test the effect, suspend it on a spring close to one side of the stator that is horizontal, so when the magnetic field rotates N than S, it should cause it to oscilate.

EM

The experiments have been going on for some time. I'm just looking for previous documentation explaining results that couldn't possibly be new.

The induction motor with a dielectric rotor can't work because only one of the charged capacitor plates can be within the changing magnetic field.

If you're going to carry out such an experiment, i dont recomend charged plates, the eddy currents and magnetic forces will be much larger.  Use just a simple dielectric rod that is charged by friction, like in all those physics classes.

I avoid the eddy currents by making only the dielectric of a toroidal capacitor the core of bucking windings.

The capacitor plates are external to the coil and have minimal effect. The idea is to direct electric field density to one end of the 'c' shaped dielectric thereby creating a potential difference. Laughingly, a small magnet is required at the point where the coils buck  ;D to enhance the effect.

Certainly NOT OU  >:(

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
All conductors have a slight static charge, from a different point of view. In a homopolar generator, you are making static charge move when you rotate the conductive disk.

Yes, all materials have an electrostatic charge unless you define 'charge' as potential difference between two or more points.

The object is to create a difference in charge and then make that into usable current.

Having a conductive disk holding the target charge is a problem due to the eddy currents created when that charge is moving.

So, the solution would be to have charge instead held by a dielectric and the conductive plates have no relative motion to the changing magnetic field.

What I'm looking for is previous works showing potential difference created within a dielectric (and therefore, the capacitive surfaces sandwiching that dielectric) by means of applying a changing electromagnetic field.

Some work exists but it is questionable - ex. FTL toroidal capacitor bending/warping space-time. The term 'toroidal capacitor' usually leads to Sci-Fy movies, the old use of the term for measuring current in a conductor or somewhat wacky research into FTL travel.

The inverse of Lorentz's moving charge in a magnetic field should be easily found (static charge in a changing magnetic field).  

tExB=qr
Yes, all materials have an electrostatic charge unless you define 'charge' as potential difference between two or more points.

The object is to create a difference in charge and then make that into usable current.

Having a conductive disk holding the target charge is a problem due to the eddy currents created when that charge is moving.

So, the solution would be to have charge instead held by a dielectric and the conductive plates have no relative motion to the changing magnetic field.

What I'm looking for is previous works showing potential difference created within a dielectric (and therefore, the capacitive surfaces sandwiching that dielectric) by means of applying a changing electromagnetic field.

Some work exists but it is questionable - ex. FTL toroidal capacitor bending/warping space-time. The term 'toroidal capacitor' usually leads to Sci-Fy movies, the old use of the term for measuring current in a conductor or somewhat wacky research into FTL travel.

The inverse of Lorentz's moving charge in a magnetic field should be easily found (static charge in a changing magnetic field).  

All effects similar that I have ever run across have a static magnetic field, and either the dielectric, or the conductors adjacent to the dielectric, rotate:

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=43.0

Harold Aspden patented something that sounds like what you are looking for, but later stated that it not work when he tested it.

See attached.

Thanks.

Reviewing that work of Aspden does show some similarities. Immediately, I can see that the dielectric dipoles (if they indeed exist) are not bound to a location for both poles, a static magnetic field is required in addition to a changing electromagnetic field.

There is some very recent peer reviewed work that shows charge being pumped across the surface of specialized YIG material. I'm still trying to locate the paper.

tExB=qr
http://phys.org/news113146441.html

Simulate torque by rotating the field thus inducing the electric dipole, as polarized charge.

;)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 18:27:41