PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 04:05:51
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 930586 times)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
OK i did post a reply, but then realized i was wrong, so i will try again.

I am not sure how this circuit is working, my theory is not good enough with this circuit.

If your circuit is built correctly, no wrong connections then i would say the resistor is too low wattage, so what wattage are you using?
Is there an image of the PCB where this resistor is located, it may give you an idea what wattage it's meant to be.

I notice the designer has used 2 lines in the diagram for some resistors, 1 line for others and no lines also.

So no lines will be standard resistor wattage IE 1/4 watt

1 Line maybe 1-3 watts at a guess
2 lines must be higher, i am not aware of this drawing convention of lines to denote wattage.

A pcb picture may reveal the answer.

Buy me some coffee
Try a 10Watt resistor, it's running temperature will give you an idea of power dissipation and allow you to refine it's wattage

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

Short video showing how the manipulation of the air gap alters the output waveform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ThpfhQqTQ

Let's see if we can improve to a ring up ??

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

I used 2W resistor here and 0.22 I replaced by 0.18ohm 2W also. Anyway, the strange thing is that they heat up very fast and generate smoke while I measured max 4 amps from my 12V battery. Mosfet is cold when 0.18ohm resistor is used but when replaced by short thick wire mosfet and diodes heats a lot.
All that imho is not important because I used low wattage load (10 ordinary leds from garden solar lamps) but I was surprised to see it.

Buy me some coffee
I'm not sure what the fet switching is doing but you could have pk currents of 10's of amps and R3 seems to be an energy recovery method, i would definitely go for 10watt or even higher until good measurements can be done, this probably explains the high temp fiberglass sleeving.

I think the circuit is very interesting, you could scope across R3 and try to get a mean average of the voltage, the average mean power will then be calculated by P=V*V/R or V^2/R same thing.

Buy me some coffee
I see on the circuit diagram that the transformer has a thick black line and some Russians writting, this looks like some sort of screening built into the transformer, you need to find out how that is made, if it's a screen it may slow down the flux changing in the core, a bit like dropping a magnet down a copper tube and the magnet falls slowly.

Group: Guest

Алло (Hallo) Hello, Gentlemen,

Some off-topic -should I dare to say 'as-usual'- considerations?
In most of case, in the average life: You succeed. You are rewarded (often) with money.
You carry off the prize.
Could we imagine another way of 'behavio(u)ring'?

What I did with my only son when he was a bit more than 18:
I told him: You have to pass the French "baccalauréat" ( =/= General Certificate of Education).
I will offer you -without condition and before the examination- such amount of money to buy a car.
A small brand-new one or second-hand bigger one. That will be your choice.

Why? Because I thrust you. Evidently, I would prefer an examination success. He succeeded.

IMHO, it is not: If S then R. If Success then Reward.
Could it not be the contrary? : If Reward then Success.

Please, think about the first US pioneers/colonists. They were given land for free.  Were they not? 
Just because they were considered as being able to thrive from this free land and
to expand the economy. They, also, were not asked for any result.

Cheers,
Jean

@NerzhDishual

Not land for free. Most had to work for x amount of years for a current land owner to then get their allocation.

hehehe

While my two boys were in school, from grade 1 onward, each subject on the tri or bi yearly report card showed their percentage plus the class average. I would take their score, minus the average score and pay them 2 bucks per percent higher or reduce 2 bucks per percent lower then pay them final result. They would generally make over a 100 bucks each. This really got their interest and they never failed a course. This puts a direct link on the impact between their efforts and rewards. Best money I ever spent.

wattsup

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

I am writing to report a serious error I have just found with the linear ring signal !! 

It would appear that it was noise from my switch mode PSU that was being manipulated and not the air gap as first thought. I have deleted the video in question and would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the mistake.

So it's back to the drawing board !!??

Cheers Grum.

Dear All.

I am writing to report a serious error I have just found with the linear ring signal !! 

It would appear that it was noise from my switch mode PSU that was being manipulated and not the air gap as first thought. I have deleted the video in question and would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the mistake.

So it's back to the drawing board !!??

Cheers Grum.

No worries; all good!

Buy me some coffee
You found a problem, that's great  O0

It's not easy publishing work when working on the unknown, the only other option is to post nothing and then no one would get anywhere.

So my advice is keep making mistakes so we can all learn and build on what does work out

Thanks for your time & work Grum  O0

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Hi Grumage,

i bought the same core/holder as you have and trying to wind the coils as shown in your drawing.
But there is a problem as:

first of all, the picture shows 2 wires ending on each side, and not as your drawing 3 at one end, and 1 at the other end.

Secondly, i am using 0.75mm wire (like the diagram), and i am unable to lay 30 turns as the first layer for L2, it just won't fit.
Max. is about 16 which seems more logical as we can see that the 2e layer of this L2 coil and the 1st layer of L1
(both 8 turns = total 16 turns) fills up the second layer.

My conclusion is that the first 2 layers of L2 should be forth AND BACK (2 x 16 = 32 turns), then continue as normal.

This will bring 2 ends of the coils to 2 sides of the core (like the picture) and it better fits the number of turns.

Any thoughts?

Regards Itsu

Buy me a cigar
Hi Grumage,

i bought the same core/holder as you have and trying to wind the coils as shown in your drawing.

first of all, the picture shows 2 wires ending on each side, and not as your drawing 3 at one end, and 1 at the other end.

Secondly, i am using 0.75mm wire (like the diagram), and i am unable to lay 30 turns as the first layer for L2, it just won't fit.
Max. is about 16 which seems more logical as we can see that the 2e layer of this L2 coil and the 1st layer of L1

My conclusion is that the first 2 layers of L2 should be forth AND BACK (2 x 16 = 32 turns), then continue as normal.

This will bring 2 ends of the coils to 2 sides of the core (like the picture) and it better fits the number of turns.

Any thoughts?

Regards Itsu

Dear Itsu.

I have re read T-1000's suggestion and yes you are fully correct. 15 turns forward then 15 back that makes two full layers and then an 8 to the halfway line and 7 back. At the opposite end it is just an 8 turn to the halfway and 7 back but wound in the opposite direction, I think ??

I am really glad to read that you are having a "bash" at this one. I shall rewind and we can compare notes !!  O0

Cheers Grum.

Hi Grumage,

Any thoughts?

Regards Itsu

I think your logic makes sense.  Good work! Please post pictures.  Are you going to use copper foil?  If so on the core or on the outside of windings?

Thanks

My pick for MOSFET:
Power MOSFET FDP025N06 265A 60V 0.0019Ω 395W x2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-MOSFET-FDP025N06-265A-60V-0-0019-395W-x2-/181187045315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2f96e7c3

Datasheet:
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/FD/FDP025N06.pdf

Oh, that's a monster! Pity I cannot get it here cheaply, and Farchild does not provide sampels to Europe I think

4Tesla

He he sure, but shipping cost kill me. No problem man, that's for taking time to help me  O0 I have irf3205 and it works fine (but heats a lot if 0.22 resistor is omitted)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I think your logic makes sense.  Good work! Please post pictures.  Are you going to use copper foil?  If so on the core or on the outside of windings?

Thanks

Thanks.

I am also puzzled by this L2 (should it not been called L3?) coil.
Was somebody able to translate what it says next to it?

My thoughts are that it must be some kind of shielding around the L1/L2 coil, probably from aluminium or copper tape.
A single turn, just not touching its ends and connected to ground.

I don't think its inside the coil (around the core) as we would have seen the connection or wire coming out.
But this is just guessing.

A picture or video of the device working would reveal this.

Regards Itsu

Slightly different device, but in this video you'll see what appears to be foil, probably aluminum:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d992B77SqsU[/youtube]

Thanks.

I am also puzzled by this L2 (should it not been called L3?) coil.
Was somebody able to translate what it says next to it?

My thoughts are that it must be some kind of shielding around the L1/L2 coil, probably from aluminium or copper tape.
A single turn, just not touching its ends and connected to ground.

I don't think its inside the coil (around the core) as we would have seen the connection or wire coming out.
But this is just guessing.

A picture or video of the device working would reveal this.

Regards Itsu

I didn't notice this earlier but it was translated over on OU.. I guess it is aluminum on the outside.

Buy me some coffee
OOPS both posted similar times
From the diagram it would appear it's L2 only that's shielded, someone needs to get maybe T1000 to translate the Russian text on the diagram which is related to this shielding if not already done

Slightly different device, but in this video you'll see what appears to be foil, probably aluminum:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d992B77SqsU[/youtube]

Thanks!  Confirmed that may be what Akula (Roman) used.

OOPS both posted similar times
From the diagram it would appear it's L2 only that's shielded, someone needs to get maybe T1000 to translate the Russian text on the diagram which is related to this shielding if not already done

Translated in the image I attached a few posts up.  O0

I think L2 is referencing the coil and not the foil as it has number of turns and wire type listed under it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 04:05:51