PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 05:37:27
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 930673 times)
Group: Guest
Well I fired-up DipTrace and prepared a test circuit based off the schematic we currently have.  We should be able to evaluate various transformer designs....  If this looks useful, give it a good look over for obvious errors and I'll correct them.

Nice work!  8)

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Litz wire or just stranded wire?  I did notice many very fine copper strands.  It can be see in original closeup on page one.  My conclusion was just stranded wire, but maybe it is litz.  Also, L2 solid, stranded, or litz?  Does anyone know of good suppliers for cores and litz wire?

If it is litz we know it is about 1mm total thickness and very fine strands.

Dear 4Tesla.

I am providing a link to a UK based firm that supplied both Itsu and myself with the cores and bobbin. Itsu told me they were rally fast with their despatch and postal costs !!

http://powermagnetics.co.uk/calculator               From their very handy calculator you can move to the shop and find the following items.

Ferrite ETD core (ungapped).   ETD49-CF139   Bobbin ETD49-90794-20P

Manufacturer: Cosmo Ferrites.

Material Grade CF139 (Equivalent to Cosmo CF138, Ferroxcube 3C90 and TDK PC44).

Price is for  a half core - (I.e. you will need to order 2 pieces to form a pair)

Dimensions:

Length: 48.5mm

Width: 16.7mm

Height: 24.9mm

Wt: 58g

Magnetic Characteristics:

uiac = 2100

AL Value = 4100

(+ 30% / -20%)

RichMo from RM Cybernetics also supplies Litz wire to order.   http://www.rmcybernetics.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=160

I hope the above is of some help??

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Hi all,

If it is litz wire I'm guessing it is 10/30 or 15/30 (AWG) Type 1

30 AWG = .25 MM

http://www.litz-wire.com/New%20PDFs/Litz_Config/Litz_Magnet_Wire_AWG_28-37_Circular_Mil_Feet_per_Pound.pdf

Looks like we'll have to try all configs.. adding to my list to buy if I can find.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-18, 16:01:19 by 4Tesla »

Dear 4Tesla.

I am providing a link to a UK based firm that supplied both Itsu and myself with the cores and bobbin. Itsu told me they were rally fast with their despatch and postal costs !!

http://powermagnetics.co.uk/calculator               From their very handy calculator you can move to the shop and find the following items.

Ferrite ETD core (ungapped).   ETD49-CF139   Bobbin ETD49-90794-20P

Manufacturer: Cosmo Ferrites.

Material Grade CF139 (Equivalent to Cosmo CF138, Ferroxcube 3C90 and TDK PC44).

Price is for  a half core - (I.e. you will need to order 2 pieces to form a pair)

Dimensions:

Length: 48.5mm

Width: 16.7mm

Height: 24.9mm

Wt: 58g

Magnetic Characteristics:

uiac = 2100

AL Value = 4100

(+ 30% / -20%)

RichMo from RM Cybernetics also supplies Litz wire to order.   http://www.rmcybernetics.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=160

I hope the above is of some help??

Cheers Grum.

Thank you Grum!  Do you know if http://powermagnetics.co.uk ships internally internationally?  I'm in US.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-18, 16:05:01 by 4Tesla »

Buy me a cigar
Thank you Grum!  Do you know if http://powermagnetics.co.uk ships internally?  I'm in US.

Dear 4Tesla.

I assume you meant internationally ??  As I certainly would not want a CF139 fitted internally !!   :D  ;D

Cheers Grum.

@all

I think while you guys are working on that device, maybe a good EEer can identify a zener diode that could be added before and/or after the mosfet to bleed any juice above a critical level. Bleed it into a tanked cap with a led will show when the system is in a mosfet critical mode.

Litz serving of Type1 with total size anywhere from 18 to 21 AWG. These can have hundreds of strands of fine wire. If you try to find some, make sure it is solderable. Many sellers on ebay will sell small lengths.

The only question I have is about the windings on the E core. You guys are fine with the @T1000 method but no one has provided any theory as to why this should work or even a link to a web site that shows such a gap overlapping as a standard or preferred method. Did @T1000 get this confirmed by Akula or is this simply his gut feeling. Important questions should be put up front before more weeks go by. If it is a gut feeling that @T1000 has, then you may as well say you are working blind. If you are working blind, then you have to feel your way forward and try all possibilities meaning when you buy or make an E core, make two, one like @T1000 and one like the standard method. Then test them both, otherwise, I get this crazy feeling that Murphies Law is getting ready to make another move and more mosfets will be blown because that core does not respond well to an overlapped primary.

wattsup

Dear 4Tesla.

I assume you meant internationally ??  As I certainly would not want a CF139 fitted internally !!   :D  ;D

Cheers Grum.

Yep internationally.. lol

Buy me a cigar
Dear Wattsup.

Wise words from an OU veteran !!  O0 Thank you !!

I will try to speak with T-1000 later. He is basing this assumption on the work presented by GeoFusion and the physical way his transformer was wound. I too noticed an anomaly here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPV89JWVdtY

Also with the secondary winding placed across the split in the core !!

I have attached a photo of the latest transformer wind !!

Cheers Grum.

« Last Edit: 2014-03-18, 18:23:56 by 4Tesla »

Hi,

As I mentioned before, the secret is in way transformer is made, not in electronics.
If you attach standard transformer there won't be anomalies at all.
Also if you have analytical mind and gone over all Free Energy devices claims there are coming things what can be groupped and may be put as assumption to not explained devices including the one is this thread about.
So few things I can list here for deeper understanding where to look for clues:
1) E. Leedskalnin approach to magnetism and his configuraitons on magnetic fields - http://www.alexpetty.com/index.php/2011/06/01/flux-flow-analysis-of-the-edward-leedskalnin-flywheel/
2) Coil shorting - that is from N. Tesla time: http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/images/CorumDesign.gif
    And it is also in Aviso car secret: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC6aglJ6a_8
    That one is most likely utilized on thread circuit in unique approach for making current spikes in series of BEMF with energy recovery.
3) Asymetric magnets with moving bloch wall:
   Floyd Sweet FE device - http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sweet.htm and Bearden's explanation on it in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyO2wWsToKk&t=2m18s

So it takes only determination to achieve results with knowledge available from other people...

Good luck!  :)

Thanks T-1000 for the links! Saturating the core causes a shorting effect and is key to device?  Do you have any input on build of transformer?

Thanks.

I thought this was a good post from lost_bro over at OU.com

Good evening Grumage:

OK, in relation to the really HOT!!! MOSFET; this is some info that I use when winding GDT's:

Saturation flux density is how much magnetic flux the magnetic core can handle before becoming saturated and not able to hold any more. This depends on several factors including ferrite type, temperature and electrical and magnetic conditions on the transformer.

When the ferrite saturates, the transformer no longer acts like an inductor with a linear increase in current over time. Rather, the magnetic field cannot increase further and current is limited by the source impedance of the power supply and the resistance of the transformer wire.

This leads to very large currents- Very HOT MOSFETs and blown devices. This is a Bad Thing.

Ferrite typically saturates at a flux density (B) about 0.3 Tesla but this depends on temperature and the ferrite type. A typical design might have as a target a B = 0.25T at 125ÂșC which gives plenty of operating margin to the limits.

The formula for flux density is

B = ( V x t ) / ( N x Ae )

where:
B = flux denstiy in Tesla
V = applied Voltage to the winding in Volts
t = time that Volts V is applied for in seconds
Ae = cross sectional area of the core in m^2 - obtainable from the core datasheet

If this were an inductor carrying a DC component, the DC current would play a significant part in calculating the saturation.

I usually use a DC blocking capacitor in the primary side of the GDT to eliminate the DC component and thus avoid alot of the issues involved (flux walking).

The main thing to take from this equation is that for a given core and frequency there is a minimum number of turns that can be used without saturating the core. So, to avoid saturation, use more than the minimum number of turns.

So I have wound many GDTs that have overheated the driver circuit just for the above mentioned fact:  When the core saturates, it acts as a DEAD short and MOSFETS don't like that..... yes it is a balancing act between minimizing the leakage inductance, the minimum number of windings permitted and core saturation and of course maintaining an acceptable wave form...

So looking at the plan for the winds on the XFMR, could be that for the type of Ferrite involved, you don't have sufficient windings on it to avoid saturation.

Just a thought.

Take care, peace
lost_bro

I thought this was a good post from lost_bro over at OU.com

Interesting.  So with this:

B = ( V x t ) / ( N x Ae )

B = flux denstiy in Tesla
V = applied Voltage to the winding in Volts
t = time that Volts V is applied for in seconds
N = number of turns
Ae = cross sectional area of the core in m^2 - obtainable from the core datasheet

So to avoid saturation, we can reduce voltage, reduce duty cycle, increase the number of turns or use a heftier core.  Seems like the first two options would be the easiest to manipulate.

I enhanced the photos on the schematic.  This is about as clear as I can get them.

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

I spent another fruitless evening looking for anomalies, nothing to report.

If I have correctly read the schematic, the Mosfet switches in series with the transformer and the load is fed after the primary winding?? In other words current is drawn through L1 to light the LED's ?? So could this be why I am not seeing anything unusual ?? The simple reason being I am not pulling enough current through L1 to create a strong magnetic field ??

For the EE's, can I use my PWM connected as in  figure 4 from the attached PDF ??   To create the condition I have explained above ??

Thought or comments gratefully received.

Cheers Grum.

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Grumage

IMHO The circuit seems to regenerate or capture energy to feed itself, if possible i would try to stick with the prescribed circuit otherwise how can you tell if it's feeding itself and creating the correct drive.

Buy me a cigar
Grumage

IMHO The circuit seems to regenerate or capture energy to feed itself, if possible i would try to stick with the prescribed circuit otherwise how can you tell if it's feeding itself and creating the correct drive.

Dear Peterae.

Thank you for your comments. I was wondering if I could use the PWM in that way to see if there were any anomalous signals on L2  by driving a load. Do you think it is possible ??

Cheers Grum.

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

A guy called MenofFather over on OU.C just posted this.

"Do like in this picture and you, I think, have bigest chance to make this divice). This schematic is from author.
He say, that first wound primary coil of 15 turns, turn to turn wound, then piesce of paper and wound secondary coil 45 turns, also turn to turn. Coils wound like show in schematic in oposite directions.
Also not wery clearly say, but something like this, that after primary coil is short turn of ecran (one turn of tape of specific metal, maybe cuper is good) and after secondary coil is short turn of ecran. So wound primary, then tape of paper, then ecran short, then secondary, then ecran short. Load 5-20 W LED 12 V. "

Attached was this schematic.

Cheers Grum.

So primary wind first and secondary surrounded upper and lower with foil.  Can we suspect only the outer foil is grounded and the inner foil is floating?  Also, can we assume the foil is a complete loop?  Or does "short turn" mean less than a complete loop?

Did a little search for ecran film and it appears to be some sort of protective material for touch screen devices.  So I don't know if this is actually metal or what it is.  Very likely it is clear so it would be very difficult to spot when wrapped on a transformer core.

Buy me some coffee
Dear Peterae.

Thank you for your comments. I was wondering if I could use the PWM in that way to see if there were any anomalous signals on L2  by driving a load. Do you think it is possible ??

Cheers Grum.
Without knowing what the effect we are looking for it's hard to say and because of this i would try to stick with the intended circuit if possible.

Did you get a PCB made up of the circuit or is that in progress.

Buy me a cigar
Without knowing what the effect we are looking for it's hard to say and because of this i would try to stick with the intended circuit if possible.

Did you get a PCB made up of the circuit or is that in progress.

Dear Peterae.

The lovely people at Farnell are dragging their feet !! Perhaps my little order of 10 set's of components is not large enough to make them move faster !! So at this moment in time we are still waiting for a quote, from this we can then get an overall price for a ready built PCB.

Looking at it another way the finished circuit can always be used as a PWM, with of course a handy reclamation circuit built in !!  :)

Cheers Grum.

Dear All.

A guy called MenofFather over on OU.C just posted this.

"Do like in this picture and you, I think, have bigest chance to make this divice). This schematic is from author.
He say, that first wound primary coil of 15 turns, turn to turn wound, then piesce of paper and wound secondary coil 45 turns, also turn to turn. Coils wound like show in schematic in oposite directions.
Also not wery clearly say, but something like this, that after primary coil is short turn of ecran (one turn of tape of specific metal, maybe cuper is good) and after secondary coil is short turn of ecran. So wound primary, then tape of paper, then ecran short, then secondary, then ecran short. Load 5-20 W LED 12 V. "

Attached was this schematic.

Cheers Grum.

Perhaps he could draw a graphic.  Where did he get his info?  Did he talk to Roman.. Many others, including myself, never got a reply.

IMO.. your v2 graphic is what it looks like in the photo.

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

MenofFather has just placed this on OU.C.

Cheers Grum.

Buy me some coffee
Grum
Would you like me to do the parts list from farnell, do you have a parts list  ;)

Dear All.

MenofFather has just placed this on OU.C.

Cheers Grum.

Not the same as in photo, but still might be worth trying.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 05:37:27