PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 06:49:57
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 927513 times)
Group: Guest
Success? Post from OU.c

The schematic that TOPruslan (successful replicator) uses, has 2000μF capacitors not 2200μF.
See: http://imageshack.com/a/img819/1125/v836.jpg

Changes that TOPruslan made to the schematic:

1) Pin 16 must be connected to the ground.
2) C11 must be connected to the input Pin of VR-7812 and not after the inductor.
3) The wire for both windings must be 1mm.

See: http://www.freenergy.com.ua/topic/89-razborki/?p=11778

Check out this video.  This is the simplest one I've seen yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPiUSCQIKC4
« Last Edit: 2014-03-30, 04:16:40 by 4Tesla »

@All,

I have designed a PCB based on the original version of the 30W schematic.
I have used component values that are as close to the original values as I could
find. I also did pay attention to the RCL part on the right side of the original drawing,
and did design this part to be tunable by the use of a variable resistor and variable
capacitor. I did design the PCB to fit standard components for easy soldering.

Attached is the the original version of the 30W schematic drawing,
my design circuit drawing,
my PCB layout image
and all the Eagle design files if anybody wants to make a PCB for them self.

Added: There will be four (4) professional made PCBs that I can give away for free!
            If  you want a PCB then PM me your snail mail address and country.
            It will take a little over a week before I have the PCBs.
            I will snail mail the PCBs to the first four PMs I get...................

Added: All four boards are now claimed!

Added: I did choose not to put the component numbers on the PCB to keep the
           layout more "clean", so you must use the free EAGLE CAD program and
           load the design files to see where the components must be soldered to the PCB.
           The free EAGLE CAD program can be found here: http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/

Added: I did add the data sheet for the L1 coil, and corrected a minor issue on the PCB.

Regards,
GL.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-24, 03:51:15 by Groundloop »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
GL
Great work on the pcb  O0
So how many PCB's have you ordered and are you going to give 4 away and sell the rest or did you get 5 made in total.

GL
Great work on the pcb  O0
So how many PCB's have you ordered and are you going to give 4 away and sell the rest or did you get 5 made in total.

Peter,

Thanks :-) (Did you see the nice shark on the circuit drawing?)

Did order 5 PCBs. Can't afford any higher count. I need one, and four PCBs I will give away for free.

GL.

Check out this video.  This is the simplest one I've seen yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPiUSCQIKC4

4Tesla,

Looks like a standard Joule Thief running on big electrolytic capacitors.

GL.

Buy me some coffee
How much would 10 or 20 pcb's cost i will help with money, tell me how much and i will paypal it over to you.  O0 if not too late that is.

How much would 10 or 20 pcb's cost i will help with money, tell me how much and i will paypal it over to you.  O0 if not too late that is.

Peter,

Sorry too late, my 5 PCBs is already ordered. My cost for 5 PCBs = 3155 NOK. The parts add 700 NOK to this.

Norway is a high cost country and that is way I have posted the design files so that people in lower cost countries
can order the PCB and parts them self. But my offer for 4 free PCBs still stands.

GL.

Buy me some coffee
3155 NOK = £315.83p surely something wrong here, very expensive?

3155 NOK = £315.83p surely something wrong here, very expensive?

Peter,

Nothing wrong, the PCB company takes a fixed starting cost, and then the PCB number of boards cost add to this.
If I order a million PCBs then the cost for each PCB will only be a very small sum. But when you order just a few PCBs
then the total cost of each PCB is high because of the fixed starting cost.

GL.

Buy me some coffee

Wow man, i will enquire with china and get 20 boards made up.  O0
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4-layer-PCB-Manufacture-Prototype-Etching-L-10cm-or-Width-10cm-or-Qty-10-/170920142583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27cba266f7

Peter,

Yes, that is one way to do it. That is why I posted the design files. :-)

GL.

Buy me some coffee
Cheers GL thanks for your time on the PCB's
Let's try and get an idea of how many we want, are you able to cancel your pcb's, i can send you some also.

I can send a bulk package to the US and someone can distribute from there, i can do UK and maybe Europe.

PCB is free for OUR members  O0
Place your order on this thread  O0

Cheers GL thanks for your time on the PCB's
Let's try and get an idea of how many we want, are you able to cancel your pcb's, i can send you some also.

I can send a bulk package to the US and someone can distribute from there, i can do UK and maybe Europe.

PCB is free for OUR members  O0
Place your order on this thread  O0

Peter,

I can't cancel my order, to late for that. I have a program on my computer that automatic sends the PCB
design files to the factory server. When I press BUY then it is to late to change my mind. But I salute you
for your generous offer to make PCBs for forum members so that we all can replicate the circuit.

GL.

Buy me some coffee
Thankyou for your kind offer also.
So if you keep your boards for people over in your country, i will do US & UK, if you want more boards say, i dont mind getting as many as we need, it wont cost much more for 40 or so boards.

Thankyou for your kind offer also.
So if you keep your boards for people over in your country, i will do US & UK, if you want more boards say, i dont mind getting as many as we need, it wont cost much more for 40 or so boards.

Peter,

I don't mind snail mailing my 4 free boards to people anywhere in the world.

I will have the boards around the first week of April. Another note, in
the design files there is a complete order list for ELFA DISTRELEC
(covers all EU): https://www1.elfa.se/elfa3/StartPage.do
for easy order of parts. The order list can be imported into you web browser.

GL.

Thanks guys!  I've been reading on the Russian forums via Google Translate.  It seems the ones that do get self runners, run at most for a few days.  But hey that is a start.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-23, 14:55:30 by 4Tesla »

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Dear Groundloop.

I wish there were more people like you living on planet Earth !! What a wonderful world it would be !! Your selfless attitude, I'm afraid I don't have the words to fully explain myself.

That said, and in simple terms, a MASSIVE thank you for all your time and effort, you truly are a very good man !!  O0

Sincerest wishes to you. Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Dear Groundloop.

I wish there were more people like you living on planet Earth !! What a wonderful world it would be !! Your selfless attitude, I'm afraid I don't have the words to fully explain myself.

That said, and in simple terms, a MASSIVE thank you for all your time and effort, you truly are a very good man !!  O0

Sincerest wishes to you. Grum.

Grumage,

Thank you for the nice words. :-)

I did set myself some goals when designing this new PCB. First was not to deviate to much
from the original circuit drawing posted by Akyla0083. The next was that all parts was of
the "old" type (no SMD) components so that everybody could solder this unit. My third goal
was to make the feed back loop tunable by adding a variable resistor and variable capacitor.
My forth goal was that all components (except transformer windings) was buy-able from a
EU located electronics firm. The final goal was to make the PCB look great. :-)

To clarify, the transformer Ferrite core etc. is buy-able but the builder wind his own wire onto the
coil bobbin.

Do you want one of the free PCBs?

GL.

Group: Professor

Thanks guys!  I've been reading on the Russian forums via Google Translate.  It seems the ones that do get self runners, run at most for a few days.  But hay that is a start.

A very good start!   
Thanks for the work Grumage and Groundloop and others...   I'm climbing the learning curve on this approach... fascinating...

4Tesla,

Looks like a standard Joule Thief running on big electrolytic capacitors.

GL.

He said he based on Akula's circuits.  Commenters say it runs a few days.  Maybe Akula/Kapa circuits are high wattage Joule Thief circuits.  As they do quit working after a few days.

He said he based on Akula's circuits.  Commenters say it runs a few days.  Maybe Akula/Kapa circuits are high wattage Joule Thief circuits.  As they do quit working after a few days.

Could be very close to the truth!

Could be very close to the truth!

I think we should still work on getting a good self runner.  Then phase two.. make it run longer than a few days.

Found these on Russian forum:

http://www.freenergy.com.ua/topic/132-ustanovka-akula0083/?p=11438

Good Day 4 Tesla;

Those are very interesting schematics that you posted.  I will study them when I find time.

Hello All.

Short of sounding like a broken record, I post my thoughts on the drive portion of the 'Final' Akula TPU circuit.  

First I will say that it is very encouraging to see such enthusiasm with any project, let alone one as complicated as this one.

I am NOT trying to be critical, and only offering suggestions based on my observations and experience with the TL494 chip.

I am NOT diss-ing GroundLoop for his work and time donated to the cause................................

My question is:  Has anyone proto-typed (breadboard) the proposed drive circuit and traced the signals with an o-scope?

I have NOT had time to do so myself, so my comments are only based on experience and not signal tracing the proposed circuit.

take care, peace.
lost_bro

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 06:49:57