PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 10:29:32
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 927535 times)
Group: Guest
Hello 4Tesla

As requested;

see below.

take care, peace
lost_bro

I have seen that used.
Thanks!

Is this the same idea, but transistor, not MOSFET?
« Last Edit: 2014-03-23, 22:09:07 by 4Tesla »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Guys i sent the files this afternoon for Groundloops boards, so there will be no mods, but we can cut traces and glue on vero nods, until we reach a state where we could get some modded boards done.

I can muddle through it GL, though I'm more comfortable with DipTrace.

Even though there are none on order.. please do draw out.

I have attached some possible test points.. feel free to add more.. also a couple more leads to VR1.

Thanks!

Even though there are none on order.. please do draw out.

I have attached some possible test points.. feel free to add more.. also a couple more leads to VR1.

Thanks!

4Tesla,

I think it will be easier for you to just use a Veroboard. You are
defeating the purpose of a factory made board with so many
changes and loose ends. Just saying..............

GL.

@All,

4 boards claimed, 0 to go....................

GL.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-26, 06:58:43 by Groundloop »

4Tesla,

I think it will be easier for you to just use a Veroboard. You are
defeating the purpose of a factory made board with so many
changes and loose ends. Just saying..............

GL.

Well just the small section of the circuit.. but if no one likes the idea of this that is fine.  I usually do test whole circuit on breadboard, but thought this was a compromise until we for sure know what is the best schematic in that area of the circuit.  I just thinking if you're going to spend money on PCB, then at least be able to customize the section in question.  The idea wasn't for me, but for those who like the PCB method.

Hi all,

I just subscribed to OUR. Glad to meet you all.
On Akula 30w, I'm making a breadboard first, but before testing, I'm making a simulation on Pspice, not to find out if the circuit is over unity, but to see what to expect in terms of currents and voltages. Some areas of the simulation are a little gray, mainly the transformer, but, anyway, I expect to gain some insight, that I will gladly post, as soon as it is ready.

Cheers,

Black Bird

Group: Professor

Hi all,

On Akula 30w, I'm making a breadboard first, but before testing, I'm making a simulation on Pspice, not to find out if the circuit is over unity, but to see what to expect in terms of currents and voltages. Some areas of the simulation are a little gray, mainly the transformer, but, anyway, I expect to gain some insight, that I will gladly post, as soon as it is ready.

Cheers,

Black Bird

Welcome, BlackBird.  Looking forward to results from your sim.  Also, can you share the circuit schematic AS used for your sim?
Steve

Welcome aboard.

Something worth taking a look at is a means to capacitively couple each winding of the outer loops to ground in an array type structure.  Based on what Nerz has posted, this shielding like construct may instead be acting like small capacitors connected to each outer winding.  You also have similar coupling between each winding, so mimicking in a simulation the physical device will likely be a little tricky.  Certainly nothing wrong with coming at this phenomena from both sides--mathematically as well as actual prototypes.  The truth is in there someplace.

Welcome to the forum Black Bird!  O0

Welcome, BlackBird.  Looking forward to results from your sim.  Also, can you share the circuit schematic AS used for your sim?
Steve
Thanks, PhysicsProf. I can certainly share the schematics. Please just give me sometime to finish the simulation.

Cheers

Black Bird

Welcome aboard.

Something worth taking a look at is a means to capacitively couple each winding of the outer loops to ground in an array type structure.  Based on what Nerz has posted, this shielding like construct may instead be acting like small capacitors connected to each outer winding.  You also have similar coupling between each winding, so mimicking in a simulation the physical device will likely be a little tricky.  Certainly nothing wrong with coming at this phenomena from both sides--mathematically as well as actual prototypes.  The truth is in there someplace.
Thank you, Matt.
I value simulations as a way to gain an insight on the circuit, but I do not expect to be able to simulate all aspects of the circuit, particularly those related to over unity, even because simulators work under "conventional physics" which might fail here, if it is the case. Also, I don't think my knowledge of Pspice is enough to simulate what you suggest, based on Nerz post. Anyway, let me advance on the simpler case and maybe later we can develop what you suggest.

Cheers,

Black Bird

Welcome to the forum Black Bird!  O0
Thank you 4Tesla.

Wow  :o  :) O0   Thank u very much dear Groundloop for making that PCB! No SMD is great.

@Peterae:
If its possible to ship to germany, I would take 2 Boards (+ 2 transformers if available). If prices are not like 100€ per piece I can also pay for 1-2 more boards+shipping  for people here that maybe not can afford to buy one.

Im very happy and thankful btw I was allowed to join here with all u brilliant minds and tinkerers. Conversation quality and –climate is really high here.  ;)

I still not started experimenting with this akula setup, but am busy with a similar device that seems promising so far. I also have a feeling that resonance (maybe different harmonics for the coils), capacitive coupling and phase shift between coils, like u guys already mentioned, are critical for the operation of this type of setup. And thinking of akula video where he shows the 3 one layer coils on top of each other and their scopeshots (harmonics). He deleted that already and i dont have link of copy now or file, but there is a stivep/Wesley copy with english translation on youtube. Will add later when i find. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPHipGkfSAY

Concerning simulations: Does anybody maybe have Ansoft Maxwell 3D (electromagnetic simulator) or similar program and knows how to use it? Could be of help...

kind regards
« Last Edit: 2014-03-24, 04:41:43 by From Other Planet »

@All,

All four of my free boards is now claimed. Further board requests must go to Peter
here at this forum.

GL.

Buy me some coffee
OK chaps
I had the quote come through for the pcb's

Specs -2-Layer FR4 1.6mm 1oz HAL Tin-lead Green Soldermask White Silkscreen

dimensions - 83.8x106.4mm
20pcs - 76usd

30pcs - 93usd

PCB lead time is 5 workdays.
So all i need to know if wether i need 20 or 30 boards

@Other Planet
The boards are free, so if i send you 5 boards is that enough, I dont have any transformer's though, it's just PCB's from me  O0

Thanks for the nice comments ;)

So any more orders for PCB's anyone ?

OK chaps
I had the quote come through for the pcb's
So all i need to know if wether i need 20 or 30 boards

@Other Planet
The boards are free, so if i send you 5 boards is that enough, I dont have any transformer's though, it's just PCB's from me  O0

Thanks for the nice comments ;)

So any more orders for PCB's anyone ?

You two guys are tops.

There are simply no excuses left for anyone still on the fence with this device.  Even if it doesn't work, one can look at it daily and think about what to try next.  That in and of itself is priceless.  And if it does work, well...   You saw it happen here first.

Buy me some coffee
OK the boards are ordered, GL £76.00 for 30 boards including soldermask & Silkscreen   O0

OK the boards are ordered, GL £76.00 for 30 boards including soldermask & Silkscreen   O0

Peter,

Thank you!

That was a nice low price. :-)

GL.

@All,

4Tesla requested a experiment prototype board. Attached is a design for
a single sided (only copper on the underside) board. This board is for
the experimenter and the builder must himself keep track on where the
wires should go. My main idea was that the user solder insulated wires
between the different areas. This board is for the experienced builder
that want full freedom to change the circuit and add parts at will.
I hope this is what you wanted.

Added: Updated the zip file. Corrected small error on PCB.

Added: Added missing regulator + input pads. Files updated.

Added: Corrected error on PCB, files updated.

Added: I do not recommend making this PCB until the error issue discovered by Itsu is solved!

Added: I have changed the design so that the user can decide on how to use the comparators.
            This is the final update on this PCB.

Added: The above was not quite correct. I did realize that it would be handy to have some
            areas on the PCB for MOSFET drivers etc. So I did split some tracks for that purpose.
            Also the user have full control of the 494 pins now.
GL.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-25, 22:33:53 by Groundloop »

Buy me some coffee
I will send you some boards as well GL  O0
Let me know how many.

I will send you some boards as well GL  O0
Let me know how many.

Peter,

Thank you. I will need only one so that I can compare the quality
between the two boards. Do you still have my address?

GL.

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Dear Black Bird.

Welcome to OUR  :)

What a lot of ground covered whilst I was sleeping !!

Dear Groundloop, I like the way you have created the ultimate breadboard, possibilities, endless !!

Best wishes, cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Dear Black Bird.

Welcome to OUR  :)

What a lot of ground covered whilst I was sleeping !!

Dear Groundloop, I like the way you have created the ultimate breadboard, possibilities, endless !!

Best wishes, cheers Grum.

Grumage,

There is still room for improvement, I think. I will happily add changes to the layout if
someone has suggestions. But we have to wait until the overseas members do wake
up. Day for us but night for them. :-)

Thanks,
GL.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I have finished the control part (TL494IN) of the AKULA 30W circuit.
Frequency can be adjusted between 16 and 116KHZ at 12V with the 10K Ohm potmeter (too high?).

But the 5K potmeter does not seem to change the pulse width, allthough the voltage on pin 1 changes from 1V to 4V.

I seem to have a problem with the 12V voltage regulator as sometimes the voltage output on it drops from 12 to 10V

Most parts are as mentioned on the diagram, however a few resistors are the first close in the range (like 6.8 Ohm for the 7 Ohm etc)

I show the input voltage from a battery on a DMM and the output voltage of the 12V regulator also on a DMM.
Scope probes are used to measure:
# the output from pin 11 (after the pull up resistor) (yellow probe)
# the signal on pin 1 (used for the Pulse width) (blue probe)
# the signals on all the 16 pins of the TL494 one after the other (purple probe)

Video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2r0en-kC3M&feature=youtu.be

Comments are welcome especially why the pulse width is not changing (is it because the pinned to ground via R7/R5 of pin 15?) 

Regards itsu

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 10:29:32