PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-20, 09:07:21
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: H-Cat: HHO on catalytic converter, makes sulfur? Prof Yeong Kim  (Read 9564 times)
Group: Moderator

Purdue Prof. Yeong Kim thinks the HHO + catalytic-converter ("H-Cat") gives a LENR reaction... with oxygen transmuting into sulfur!  Note -- hydrogen H, not deuterium D.

Seems a long shot to me, but, hey - worth doing some measurements.  He and Sterling have invited me to get involved, to look for sulfur.  I said I would as long as there was a decent CONTROL...  which they're working on.

Any pointers would be welcomed...  I've done some HHO, electrolysis etc.  OK, quite a lot of that.  But no (car) catalytic converter work yet!

Sterling's write-up (quotes my email to him):

http://pesn.com/2014/03/17/9602458_Professor-Yeong-Kim_predicts_sulfur_in_H-Cat/

Also, any ideas of what you think is the best/most efficient  "HHO producer" out there?  (seeking energy production, ultimately)
« Last Edit: 2014-03-17, 22:10:14 by PhysicsProf »

From Sterling's write-up on Justin Church's H-cat approach:

Power to the People

Bottom line: a plug-in system that pulls very few watts to produce copious amounts of heat.

An open source project

Shortcut url: http://HCat.me

Compiled by Sterling D. Allan
Pure Energy Systems News
March 9, 2014 (Sunday: Just in Church)

In March 4, I interviewed Justin Church of JDCProducts.com to talk about what he is calling the H-Cat, an open source design he instigated that involves venting hydroxy or HHO gas -- un-ignited -- through a catalytic converter (the kind used in automobiles) -- in ambient conditions -- and generating significant heat in the process.

It could hardly get more simple than that -- and it probably involves LENR or cold fusion, as it is commonly called -- one of the most coveted genres of clean energy . . . now made accessible to the lay person worldwide. There's enough information here for you to begin experimenting and designing systems for sale.

For example, Justin recently sustained around 900 ºF (482 ºC) for nearly 8 hours using around 200 Watts to run his HHO device generating about 1 L per minute. He says it isn't hard to exceed the 1200 ºF limit of his meter, measuring the inside temperature.

As far as I can tell, this effect, which many others have already been replicating, can begin to be implemented now for making home heat systems. And, once the systems are refined, this effect could be used for generating electricity, whether through boilers or through going direct to electricity.

He says that due to the clean nuclear effect, due to the HHO reacting with the nano platinum and palladium embedded in the catalytic converter substrate, there is significantly more energy coming out in the form of heat than the energy required to make the HHO gas.

The cost for the off-the-shelf components would be around $800 dollars if you bought them at retail prices, but could be significantly less if used parts were utilized.

Justin said his motivation for doing this work is so he doesn’t have to pay for propane or electricity to heat his home, and to find a way to help humanity with this technology. He wants to see more people involved in testing, characterizing, optimizing, and developing this system which could revolutionize energy-making worldwide -- power to the people, finally.

Even if it turns out that this is not an LENR effect, the level of efficiency of watts:BTUs is likely to surpass anything presently available in the market.

Open Challenge
    There are a lot of HHO generator companies out there. This would make for a great supplemental product for your customers. You should test your HHO gas in an H-Cat design and try to come up with a good design to sell as a heater for your customers. Who can make the best one?

Key Question
    Can it be self-looped? If this really is LENR, you should be able to make enough electricity to power the HHO generator, notwithstanding the losses.

Group: Ambassador

Physics Prof
I had spoken with Justin a few months ago and discussed a 10 minute test which he could do
to evaluate his Claims.

I beleive he was using about 200 watts [maybe more I will check].I mentioned the "fixed loss to ambient" test protocol,to my knowledge he has not published the results of this very simple test .

are you looking for excess heat of unusual changes?

Thx
Chet

Physics Prof
I had spoken with Justin a few months ago and discussed a 10 minute test which he could do
to evaluate his Claims.

I beleive he was using about 200 watts [maybe more I will check].I mentioned the "fixed loss to ambient" test protocol,to my knowledge he has not published the results of this very simple test .

are you looking for excess heat [or] unusual changes?

Thx
Chet

I think one should look for both xs heat and transmutation (in particular, sulfur production).  Others have seen transmutation, not in this experiment but Iwamura in his deuterium experiments sees transmutation of Cesium to Praesodymium (and others).  Fascinating work- peer reviewed, published also.

I like your idea of the "fixed loss to ambient" test. 

Group: Ambassador

Physics Prof

I spent a good deal of time Explaining the test protocol to Justin
He COMPLETELY understands what to do.[as yet has not posted the results these last few months nor returned to the different forums]

For clarity to those unaware who may be reading.

If he is running his device on 200 watts ?,he needs a big cardboard box  a 200 watt lightbulb and a thermometer. That is the extent of the investment for the test.

Place the DUT under the box [EVERY Component} measure the outside air temp [it was brutaly cold outside when I was discussing this with Justin Church] and measure the air temp in the box.

Plug in the DUT ....when the the air temp in the box stops rising  do to Ambient heat loss,Write down the temperature .you are done.

Now remove the DUT and take your 200 Watt Bulb and place it inside the same box with the same outside temp ,run the test again .....whats the final temp?
[running Both  tests simultaneously has always been my preferred method]
WHO WON ??

Thx
Chet
PS
I am building a simple HHO cell for another project,I also have several Catalytic converters around
I will do this test in the next week and Post results here.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-20, 09:07:21