PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 06:47:59
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: lantern4  (Read 11490 times)
Group: Guest
"The TL494 board I have idles at 10mA when it's not generating any signal; and I'm using large darlington drive transistors..."
10 miliams is quite much.  :) Because LED can consump 1 miliamp 2 volts and shine pretty well. TL using 9 volts and 10 miliams, so that 90 miliwats, LED one is 2 miliwats.  :)
And maybe  large darlington drive transistors consumps to much current? How I remember, Akula use two black small transistors, who must consumps wery small power for opening fast and closing fast KT805.
1000 uF capasitors, for that voltage designed you capasitors? If for 10 volts or 25 volts, maybe they not good?
And how much have turns primary and secondary in you lantern?  :)

Here add some explanations in below schematic and how must probarly work simpler for who replicating, that them be easier replicate, maybe this helps for them. :)

The choke is needed, and the the diodes to isolate the high from the low...

I think what I have are 40V 1000uF caps  but you're right higher voltage caps may be better

I had something like a dream, while falliing asleep I was thinking about this device....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlx2PgESXhs

A source of momentum that keeps itself going...

the capacitances should be close... but it will require tuning... part of my issue was I couldn't get my frequency low enough....

the choke is the ball on the track equivalent... each magnet moves in just ahead of the momentnum which gives it a small kick, and moves further away before stealing the imparted momentum.

I tried to model this circuit in LTSpice and it is failing... No matter what I do I get a reverse current in the choke for no reason... and the back EMF spike never happens.

I agree. We need to find a way to keep oscillations as long as possible.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I had something like a dream, while falliing asleep I was thinking about this device....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlx2PgESXhs

A source of momentum that keeps itself going...

the capacitances should be close... but it will require tuning... part of my issue was I couldn't get my frequency low enough....

the choke is the ball on the track equivalent... each magnet moves in just ahead of the momentnum which gives it a small kick, and moves further away before stealing the imparted momentum.

I tried to model this circuit in LTSpice and it is failing... No matter what I do I get a reverse current in the choke for no reason... and the back EMF spike never happens.

Kindly post your LTSpice model, I'd like to give it a look.

Thanks in advance.

ION

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Kindly post your LTSpice model, I'd like to give it a look.

Thanks in advance.

ION
atttached lt spice .asc file

I had a more complex version with a switch to enable powering it up first... but then I only got up to like 2.3V of 5V power supply charged... so I turned off 'start at 0 voltages' and removed that

Fasltad sim...
« Last Edit: 2014-06-10, 18:55:29 by d3x0r »

I did try various inductors as the extra inductor... but turned out whether I had it in or bypassed there was no effect... but I couldn't get to under 40ma.
I tried to make the (7414?) inverter circuit, but something is wrong, I only get a good pulse up to 6/8  once it gets to 10 it's mostly high and doesn't go low.
But then that signla isn't able to drive my current setup.  It too idled at 10mA though.

So I ended up with another coil I could try for a choke... it's frequency is 10Khz with only tiny capacitance (none)...
So I adjusted my simulation
Updated sim

Sim breaks though... it works pretty good ... but I dunno... if I end up flipping the switch at the wrong time it's all bad...

Plus, the secondary on a transformer only works with a CHANGING current... and sometimes when I close the switch, the current in the transformer is immediately high, and is only receding, which is the wrong direction... there should be no current (practically) because of the long time between pulses ...

Was also thinking that C28 should be lower than C+ when the coil turns on (and the choke current near zero) so it has the least impedance to charging C28...
So again, in theory, C+ should deplete, and charge C28 slightly more... but it doesn't because the inductance on the secondary is higher than the primary; so although the voltage goes up, the current goes down... so I tried reversing the ratio to 0.5x ... but then the voltage wasn't high enough to charge the cap... so I went back to 1.5

also playing with the sim, I see why he has to start the device with a lower frequency... there has to be enough time to get the choke conducting...

So if I run it so the C28 goes below C+, then it takes more power from C+ to get C28 to charge above... (loss)
if I keep C28 higher or equal to C+ so the DC current in the extra inductor stays... then the capacitive impedance is high, and it takes more work from the primary to charge C28 (loss)

Plus the diodes all require higher voltage to conduct... so there's an extra bit that is a loss
--------------
so maybe C28 shouldn't be biased to ground?  If it was biased to voltage then the voltage across that capacitor would be near 0 (both sides a X voltage of the circuit)  so it should be easier to charge?
In simulation though, it's actually more difficult... I guess cause it still has to generate voltage to draw against the C+ power to charge the cap...

---------
played with 1:2, 2:1, 1:1, 10:1 ratios of C+ and C28... can charge 10:1 (1000uf +, 100uf 28) faster, and get the choke going better, but then there's less capacitance to charge C+ with...  which is why I started to go with; well, maybe the choke has to go all the way to 0 current... which would put C28 below C+ by whatever amount C28 was charged with from L2.... divided by capacitance ratio; which would make it easier to charge initially... but then again it has to charge MORE so any extra voltage gained in C+ over what it started is used to charge C28 back up to C+ level and then some more to get it above....

I dunno; madsatbg replied that his does run for the 10 seconds he shows, but then it stops... (video ends at the point too) so another 0 for X successful replications...

I've find this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89duz7xAifI
The supercapacitor lighting LED..
These videos was circulating for a while and do not see anything special about them.

@All

This video has annotations in English....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbyJKRuzFLw

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 06:47:59