PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 21:29:21
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plasma Discharge Engine Theory  (Read 1875 times)
Group: Guest
Hello all,

Working on many types of engine using fuels, I believe that plasma could be use to replace the heat that is generated with gasoline or Diesel.

When engine are compressed to a higher pressure that will generates heat due to Charles Law V1 = V2/P1 = P2, the fuel is added to created even more heat that increase pressure 2000+ psi in cumbustion chamber.

I know like any IC engine Heat is the driving force that keeps it running, my question is why not create plasma with a none metal head design to allow plasma arc to take place.

This will created greater heat and hp, the real question would be how much energy is needed to created the joules to get that plasma hot enough to expand the piston downward..

The same with jet engines, why not use plasma to create a plasma jet engine?

I plan to use a plasma cutter to see If it's possible to move a piston due to heat.

I would like others opinions.

Tom...

Russ has done quite a bit with his Popper.  I think the magic in the Papp engine is how the energy is recovered and re-used.  Once that problem is solved, we're home free.

Hi Matt,

I know Russ, and the Papp engine.

This is not a close loop. if enough energy is discharge even water vapor could be used to drive a engine due to steam.

Tom

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 21:29:21