PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 05:00:23
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: electrolysis with nano-pulse power supply  (Read 290859 times)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Guys the 2 PCBs have arrived, get your orders in so i can send out today otherwise it will be next week, so PM me your address.  O0

Group: Ambassador

Peter
great news !!

I know you are too busy with other projects to closely follow this effort.[ we all only have so
many hours in the day. :(]

Thank you for taking the time and money to help this move forward.
Also Thanks to Physics Prof for his contribution Too.

Respectfully
Chet

« Last Edit: 2014-10-04, 18:53:38 by Chet K »

Buy me some coffee
Boards have been shipped from UK this morning, no tracking info but they are first class Air mail.  O0

Chet
Not forgetting Les Banki for the board design and hard work over the years he has tirelessly put in to this.

I am glad to help out with PCBs

Peter
PS i have 4 sets left so if anyone else comes along at some point then PM me and i will post a set out.  O0
Grace sent me 11 sets instead of 10  :-*

I shouldn't have posted this in Les's thread-i should have made a thread for this topic. So i wont be cluttering this thread with any more about cell design or this current leakage stuff.

My apologies Les for cluttering up your thread.
Brad

@TinMan

Please open a new thread as I want to post some stuff there also that will refer to my last youtube, as both are relevant but do not belong in @LB's thread. 

Sorry for the intrusion.

wattsup

---------------------------

Group: Guest
Leakage Current within an electrolyzer is a characteristic
of the series cell plate configuration.  It has to do with the
Overvoltage needed to sustain electrolysis once the gases
are evolved at the electrodes.  Holes in the intermediate
plates offer a path for current flow that bypasses the
overvoltage at the metallic plate.

Have you ever noticed that the series plate electrolyzer
tends to operate as a current source immediately after
power (electrolysis current) is cut off?  This is the result
of gas adsorption at the metallic plates.  A surprising amount
of energy exists briefly in that condition.

The current will increase by a small amount due to
leakage current.  The potential available at that
point in the series string to cause leakage current
is not great.

If more of the intermediate plates were perforated
the leakage increase would be much greater, particularly
if the perforated plates were adjoining.

Hi 'muDped',

I just want to THANK YOU for your excellent explanation and I hope that all readers here understand and appreciate it!
It is certainly MUCH better than the 'explanation' I provided!
You clearly have an admirable ability to express yourself!

Cheers,
Les Banki

My apologies Les for cluttering up your thread.

Brad

Hi Brad,

No problems, man! ;D

There is no need for any apologies! :)
Don't worry about the thread either.  It has been WAY off topic for some time but if you guys are happy with the direction
it took, it is all right with me!
After all, this thread is for YOU guys, not me.  I only started it.

While I am at it, just a couple of comments/corrections.

The intended pressure is NOT 21 PSI, only 10.  Perhaps even less, due to the large capacity of the injector.
The pressure and/or injection time can be reduced since I have made them adjustable.

My electrolyser design is NOT 'set in stone'.
It can be altered, provided the operating principle is not violated.

As for the dangers involved, anyone who read my documents knows about my WARNINGS.

Cheers,
Les Banki

Good day All:

FYI:

The NGK U.S. patent which describes in detail the make and function of the S I Thyristor used in said patent.

As soon as I have time I will send an email to my contacts in China to check the availability there of this device.  Maybe we will get lucky O0

Take care, peace
lost_bro

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear Peterae.

The two PCB's arrived safely late this afternoon.

Just a short note to say thank you.   O0

Cheers Graham.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

All,

PCBs for the WFGP

Realizing the considerable difficulties and expense of small, individual orders for 15 different pcb's directly from manufacturers, I have decided to help those who want to 'replicate' the project by offering a pcb package.

The package will include all 15 boards required for the FULL project, plus the small CFL unit needed to complete the CDI board.
(For details about this, please refer to the 'CDI circuit description.doc'.)

Cost will be A$100.00, plus postage.

Note that ANYONE can order, you don't have to be a member of this Forum!
Those who are interested can email me directly.
(My email address is at the bottom of my post #5 in this thread.)

In the 'subject' line of your email, please write:  'WFGP pcb package'

Cheers,
Les Banki

Buy me some coffee
Thanks for letting me know Grum  O0

All,

PCB parts lists

Some readers have raised the issue of 'parts lists' for the PCBs.

Anyone who is even just vaguely familiar with CAD PCB files, would/should know that a CAD pcb file has every single piece of information about that particular PCB, INCLUDING parts list!

In 'Protel', it is called 'Bill Of Material' (BOM).
It is EMBEDDED in the pcb file and needs to be EXTRACTED.

In short, all the PCB files I published in their original Protel (PFW) format, have everything needed for making (completing) those boards.

However, to access all the necessary information, those files must be OPENED (with the correct software – PFW – and the information EXTRACTED.
Period.

The problem is that most people don't have the PFW software and even if they download the still 'free' version of 'Protel 99SE', most would not know how to open the files and access the BOM file(s).

Therefore, to help those who don't know to do it, I have EXTRACTED the BOM (small text file) from all 14 pcb files.
After the extraction, all files ended up with .BOM extensions!

But since this Forum does not accept .BOM extensions, I changed them to .txt!
It worked!  (at least for me!)

I hope this helps....

Cheers,
Les Banki

Group: Tinkerer

For those who may wish to download all of Les's
Parts Lists at once.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Electrolyser instructions

Since there seem to be a sudden surge of interest in my WFGP, perhaps it is time for some explanations & instructions for how to make the electrolyser.

While the process is straightforward, there are some important rules to follow and some construction details to observe.

Please read the attached document and look at the drawing 'doubtank.pdf'.

Cheers,
Les Banki

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
@ Les
As some of us have the boards coming,what configuration is the single test cell for the nano pulse board's,as you said the nano pulse system wont work with multi plate cell's.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

@ Les
As some of us have the boards coming,what configuration is the single test cell for the nano pulse board's,as you said the nano pulse system wont work with multi plate cell's.

Brad & others,

Here is the link to an excellent idea/project which was published back in 2003 on 'oupower.com'.  It is described in great detail over several pages!

http://oupower.com/index.php?dir=_Other_Peoples_Projects/AntDavison/kettle%20c.2003

Personally, when I want to evaluate a new electrolysis method, I use a two stage approach:
First, I use a simple, two plate cell, submerged in the electrolyte, just to have a visual proof of reasonable production of 'bubbles'.
If I think it has merit, I make a closed cell which I connect to one of my self-made HydrOxy "flow meters" and start measuring both gas volume
and power consumption.

By the way, I am getting many emails which indicate confusion about the nano-pulse method in general and my circuit and pcb designs in particular.
In my next post I will try to clear up the technical issues.

Cheers,
Les Banki

Hello to All,

I am new member in this group.
I am working/replicating the WFGen project from Mr. Les Banki.

I certainly hope that I can make a real working genset running on HydrOxy gas only, it will be a game changer.
Imagine a genset unit supplying (FREE) electric power for household.

Yes, this would be terrific.

Here is my backflash/bubbler safety arrestor.
See enclosed picture(s)

Greetings, Alex

Group: Ambassador

Kampen72
Welcome to the forum and the Builders group,yes a true game changer indeed.

Very nice looking flame arrestor.

Thx
Chet

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
@ Peter

The boards turned up in the mail today Peter-they look sweet.
Big thanks from me. Off now to see if altronics has all the bits i need.

Cheers O0
Brad

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Greetings Everyone,

I have been reading only so far and made only one post (flashback arrestor) because I don't have anything to show.
Les informed me that there is a much easy er and not that labor intensive way to make a flashback arrestor with commercial available waterfilters.

Message from Les, see below:
I am simply going to use 1 micron water filter cartridges (which stops the flame) and housings (two in series for extra safety), which are cheap and readily available!

Further, they also remove moisture from the gas!

If the housing is a CLEAR one, one can also see the accumulated water and empty it when needed.
Fittings are also common, readily available just about anywhere!
To save explanations, here is a link to just one of those housings I refer to:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-x2-5-Clear-Tinted-Water-Filter-Housing-1-4-BSP-12mm-Ports-NO-FILTERS-/121145268832?clk_rvr_id=644627629642#

Supplyer in Europe:
German Website: http://shop.purway.de   
for the water-filter unit with the CLEAR housing and also the 1 micron Polyspun cartridge.

All credit for this simple solution goes to Les Banki.

Now I am awaiting the PC B's from Les.
Having these ready made is a great help, saves much time and money too.

Thank You,
Alex

Buy me some coffee
That's Great Tinman Thanks for letting me know

To the new members, i still have some free pcb's if you require any, they are for the Les Banki experimental water splitter, you will find the details a few pages back, i got them made up and sent some out as free gifts, so if you require these PCB's PM me your full name & address and i will send some out when i get a chance.

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter,

Just to let you know that the nano-pulse circuit boards you sent me have finally arrived today, after 24 days in 'transit'!
MUCH appreciated!

Cheers
Les Banki

Off now to see if altronics has all the bits i need.
Cheers O0
Brad

Brad,

Altronics (being my MAIN supplier) will have most (but not all!) parts you need for those boards.
To make it perhaps a bit easier for you, here are some Altronics part numbers for some of the components:

H-0655 - heath sink
H-0665 - heath sink
R-1978 - 100k pot. (P1)
R-2479B - 5k pot. (P2)
S-5983 - M205 fuse clips

They don't stock the 0.1 ohm resistor (except in 5W), nor do they stock the MOSFET driver TC4420 or the ETD49 ferrite transformer.
You can get them from RS.
Here are the links to those:

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/through-hole-fixed-resistors/0135487/

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/mosfet-power-drivers/6811124/

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/transformer-ferrite-cores/6479468/?origin=PSF_430736|acc

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/coil-formers/6531207/?searchTerm=ETD49+core&relevancy-data=636F3D3226696E3D4931384E44656661756C74266C753D656E266D6D3D6D61746368616C6C7061727469616C26706D3D5E5B5C707B4C7D5C707B4E647D5C707B5A737D2D2C2F255C2E5D2B2426706F3D3926736E3D592673743D4B4559574F52445F4D554C54495F414C5048415F4E554D455249432673633D592677633D4E4F4E45267573743D455444343920636F726526 

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/mounting-kits/6479474/?origin=PSF_430734|acc

Also, please note that the 20 holes for the transformer pins are a bit small and needs to be enlarged with a 1.2 or 1.25 mm drill.
Then the transformer will be easier to fit.

I hope this helps....

Cheers,
Les Banki

Dear Les,

Thanks and Yes, all your information helps us in replicating.

Allow me a question:  can you tell the dimension/size in mm of the SAMARIUM Cobalt magnet?
Can You recommend a supplyer with part no. for this.

At my place impossible to get these, only neodymium's and these are not heat resistant I know.

Thanks,
Alex

@ Les,

Hope You can read this, sent You an e-mail and it was rejected with 505 server error.
I am pleased to inform You that today I received the WFG PCB sets in good order.
Very nice and proffessional boards.

This is good NEWS.

Fast processing and NO custom fee or TVA charged.  :-))
Normally they charge ca. € 20,00 for customs handling + 21% TVA for the value of imported goods from outside the EU.

Greetings, Alex

Dear Les,

Thanks and Yes, all your information helps us in replicating.

Allow me a question:  can you tell the dimension/size in mm of the SAMARIUM Cobalt magnet?
Can You recommend a supplyer with part no. for this.

At my place impossible to get these, only neodymium's and these are not heat resistant I know.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex,

Yes, you need a 'Samarium Cobalt' magnet which can take 250-300 degrees C, without losing power.
They are sold by several companies but here is the link to one in the UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Strong-Samarium-Cobalt-rod-magnets-5mm-dia-x-10mm-S2-17-craft-fridge-fishing-/141000283138?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20d4459402

Cheers,
Les Banki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 05:00:23