PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-24, 01:01:00
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bismuth + Magnet energy device (?)  (Read 15193 times)
Group: Professor

I was reading at ou.com about a fellow (named Ken I think) who claimed heating of a Bismuth sphere next to a neo, using a FLIR to get the temp.  Quite a vigorous discussion... can't find the thread now...  did it disappear?

Tinman-- I understand you were going to put together one of these spheres, a replication... True?

Looking, I found an older thread on a perhaps related topic.

http://overunity.com/13434/electricity-from-neo-magnets-and-bismuth-a-daniel-dingel-secret-released/#.VKWyB1WJOuY

Group: Guest
 I was reading at ou.com about a fellow (named Ken I think) who claimed heating of a Bismuth sphere next to a neo, using a FLIR to get the temp.  Quite a vigorous discussion... can't find the thread now...  did it disappear?

That would be Ken Wheeler, author of:  Uncovering the Missing Secrets of Magnetism
http://www.kathodos.com/magnetism1.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/user/kathodosdotcom/videos

I suspect the thread you are referring to is:
http://overunity.com/15311/zero-input-10-degrees-thermal-output-yes-genuine-free-energy/

Also:
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/showthread.php?t=19914

And a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAoDHEQNA2c

Very helpful, Matt.  Glad I asked!

Thanks,
Steve.

Very helpful, Matt.  Glad I asked!

:)

I still feel that if a thermocouple is attached close to the bismuth, such a sensor will NOT show a temperature increase.  Only an infrared sensor will show this because the IR sensor separates the target from the reference with enough distance that the dielectric field Ken speaks about is not equal, not evenly distributed.  I was hoping Ken would confirm this, but as yet he hasn't.

What I am very interested in is Ken's concepts of dieletricity, counterspace, and inertia.  Whether correct or not, these principles provide a whole new set of tools for experimentation and may lead to things we can engineer.

Matt,

A temperature increase is possible. If true, it may be the magnetocaloric effect. Not exactly a recent discovery  :-\

I noticed the spheres were a bit reflective. A common mistake using a FLIR is to try to measure temperature with it. The temp he is seeing could easily be the heat from another heat source reflecting off the spheres. With a a highly reflective surface the spheres could actually be a much different temperature than the FLIR indicates, above or below.

Edit>>>

Just listened to his video.... Ouch! He is hard to listen to. Could he be related to Norm Crosby?

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee

Tinman-- I understand you were going to put together one of these spheres, a replication... True?

http://overunity.com/13434/electricity-from-neo-magnets-and-bismuth-a-daniel-dingel-secret-released/#.VKWyB1WJOuY
Yes i am. I have orded the bismuth,and now just awaiting it's arival.

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

I have bismuth coming also.  Low melting point stuff.

How does a guy form spheres out of it?   Its very cold here.  I wonder, if I melted some in a small pan, then poured out a "big drop" ... 
Or perhaps a mold is better?

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Well you could use the old musket ball method, they stood on top of a tower and poured molten lead through a sieve and let the droplets fall to ground and into a water trough, end result perfect spheres of lead, although the tower was quiet high, but for smaller spheres you maybe able to get away with a step ladder  :)

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Well you could use the old musket ball method, they stood on top of a tower and poured molten lead through a sieve and let the droplets fall to ground and into a water trough, end result perfect spheres of lead, although the tower was quiet high, but for smaller spheres you maybe able to get away with a step ladder  :)

Dear Peterae.

From my vast experience of working with molten metals I'm afraid a step ladder would not be high enough for the metal to solidify in time. Our nearest city, Chester, still has the old shot tower saved for posterity it is a good 5 to 6 stories high !!

On a different note I came across this article quite a few years ago, I wondered if it has any relevance to what is being discussed here?

http://www.rexresearch.com/bourgoin/bourgo.htm

All the best to everyone for 2015, cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Ambassador

Physics Prof

Just hung up with Ken Wheeler
he will be sending you the bismuth sphere at his earliest convenience [possibly the 1' neo square magnet too] .

Chet

All right!   O0  Fine work, Chet.  I'm looking forward to doing some testing!

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Put the assembly into a silvered double wall vacuum thermos with a good cork seal and you should see a steady heat buildup of the air inside using an ordinary thermometer.

Lacking that a thick walled styrofoam container would be next best.

Like WW, I don't trust "accurate" IR measurements on reflective surfaces, emissivity must be also carefully considered.

Should not be difficult to test this if it is real.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Put the assembly into a silvered double wall vacuum thermos with a good cork seal and you should see a steady heat buildup of the air inside using an ordinary thermometer.

Lacking that a thick walled styrofoam container would be next best.

Like WW, I don't trust "accurate" IR measurements on reflective surfaces, emissivity must be also carefully considered.

Should not be difficult to test this if it is real.
Agreed!
Good idea re: thermos.
It hasn't arrived yet.

PS - a little idea -- I bought 150 mini-lights (incandescent) on clearance sale for 1.99 -- now is a good time to look I think.  These I picked up post-halloween.

I measured the voltage across ONE bulb -- 2.4 V-AC.  Overall, 70.1 Watts for the string of 150 lights, at 125V AC.

Then I took one light - it lights very brightly at 2.4 V-DC drawing 161 mA (per my PS) = about 0.39W.   At 2.8VDC draws 174mA, and a string of 150 would be 73W (approx) - so about right.

The point is -- a clearance-sale string of incandescent lights provides a large supply of bulbs that light from about 0.6V-DC to 3.3V-DC no problem -- with lead wires attached!
Teachers love stuff like this... ;)

I've looked for a cheap source of incandescent lamps in this voltage range -- found it.
150 0.6 to 3.3V (or so) incandescent bulbs plus lead wires, for $1.99 plus tax - that's less than 2 cents each!

Keep in-mind the magneto-caloric effect.

It is expected that the metal expel some of the stored heat when exposed to a strong magnetic field. To a non-contact IR device this should appear as if it is warming.

I suggest two measurements. One contact type and one non-contact type.

Buy me some coffee
I have bismuth coming also.  Low melting point stuff.

How does a guy form spheres out of it?   Its very cold here.  I wonder, if I melted some in a small pan, then poured out a "big drop" ... 
Or perhaps a mold is better?
Go to your local fishing gear /sports shop,and buy your self a 1 inch ball sinker mold.Look something like the ones in the link.
http://www.lilmacmolds.com/A-Series_Molds.html

Keep in-mind the magneto-caloric effect.

It is expected that the metal expel some of the stored heat when exposed to a strong magnetic field. To a non-contact IR device this should appear as if it is warming.

I suggest two measurements. One contact type and one non-contact type.

Yes, release of stored energy is possible; but this can only last a short time... it can't go on for hours, and that's what we're looking for.  (agreed?)

Thanks, Tinman.

Yes, release of stored energy is possible; but this can only last a short time... it can't go on for hours, and that's what we're looking for.  (agreed?)

Agreed.

If the spheres were very high purity it may take a fair amount of time (tens of minutes?) for the stored energy to fully radiate because Bi doesn't conduct heat very well at all.

I suspect the heat being measured is just a reflection off the Bi spheres. This is why I suggested a contact and non-contact type thermal probe.

There are papers showing 'quantum oscillation' after the absorbed energy is released but that energy should be very difficult to measure.

I have some concern about the purity of the Bi used as Bi is very diamagnetic. The spheres should repel from the magnet unless they have a fair amount of ferromagnetic material content.

Has the Bi got to be a sphere? Pouring it into a square mould would be a lot easier. With a MP of 271degC, could you get away with a hardwood mould?

I wondered if it has any relevance to what is being discussed here?

http://www.rexresearch.com/bourgoin/bourgo.htm

All the best to everyone for 2015, cheers Grum.
I don't know but "ambient temperature superconducting filaments (of Bismuth)" should find a use in most developments.

Buy me some coffee
Well my bismuth turned up yesterday,so i guess we will have to spend some time and get things under way now. O0

I'm not well versed with bismuth/magnetic experiments, but has anyone ever tried to place a bismuth cup over a coil to confine the magnetic field? For the purpose of possibly aiming it or focusing it?

The images are just an example....the open end could possible restricted as well.

James

Group: Ambassador

James
welcome to the forum
Ken Wheeler never did forward the Bismuth sphere and magnet to physics Prof for testing so as to verify his claim,
I do know our friend TinMan has been very very Busy lately ,however he is also intrigued with Bismuth experiments and most certainly will be trying to verify  Mr.Wheelers Claim
when he gets time .

here we work to verify claims whenever possible and also if possible to test the actual components [sanz the offer to test and return his actual simple set up].

testing the actual Device is always the best path ,replications can have issues
when the same results as the Claimants don't manifest.

We may have another very qualified fellow do this test ,we shall see ?

respectfully
Chet

James
welcome to the forum
Ken Wheeler never did forward the Bismuth sphere and magnet to physics Prof for testing so as to verify his claim,
I do know our friend TinMan has been very very Busy lately ,however he is also intrigued with Bismuth experiments and most certainly will be trying to verify  Mr.Wheelers Claim
when he gets time .

here we work to verify claims whenever possible and also if possible to test the actual components [sanz the offer to test and return his actual simple set up].

testing the actual Device is always the best path ,replications can have issues
when the same results as the Claimants don't manifest.

We may have another very qualified fellow do this test ,we shall see ?

respectfully
Chet

Chet,

Thanks for the welcome......This forum is great!!!

I am acquiring test equipment at the moment, and plan to purchase a manual coil winder. When I have a the ability, I too, will be willing to add to those true world tests, but at this moment, I'm only a possible suggester, like this forum needs more of those.    ;)

James

Buy me some coffee
Well i haven't made the sphere,but i did attach a large neo to one of the bismuth ingots i received,and no temperature increase after 2 hour's :o lol.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Well i haven't made the sphere,but i did attach a large neo to one of the bismuth ingots i received,and no temperature increase after 2 hour's :o lol.

Aww, TinMan, you bust it !!

I have had a lump of Bismuth sitting on a 20 x 20 x 30 N 45 magnet since the thread opened. DUST is the only noticeable change so far !  I will have to put a rocket up the cleaners #*}{ !

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-24, 01:01:00