PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-16, 19:40:35
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35
Author Topic: OUR, window on the world.  (Read 259713 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
A belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all. Been a bit under the weather  and spent yesterday in the hospital, bit better now and back home.

Will be taking it easy over the next few days.

Regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Dear Mike
Sorry to hear of your illness. Get well soon!

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Tinkerer

Have a safe and happy one. My front gate this year :)

Buy me a beer
Thank you ion, a lot better today.

Started getting down to looking at the results of the TPU I did before Christmas O0

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Wasn't there a discussion some time back about detecting mise and rats behind walls etc.?

Well, for about $60 you can buy this for your android phone:

https://walabot.com/diy#

Itsu

Group: Ambassador

O0
Well
I see a bit more searching will need to be done ...can't quite find any feedback yet on the Meece finder mentioned
in the Advertisement .
they show what looks like a FLIR  image ,maybe CGI  ?

HMmm

Yes
finding Meeces Hiding between the Pieces........

Here a small Tale...
I live in a woodsy area of New England USA and always have to harden my defenses against the Evil
Meece [similar to a Mouse but much craftier and sneakier ]. After hardening every opening I could find
and being fairly confident I had solved the Access/intruder problem.........

twas upstairs in the Tiny Attic workshop... looking out the 3 story high window ,I noticed some Movement
along a tiny wire...in  Broad daylight .. A meece "Scout" was shimmying upside down along a Tiny wire
right outside the window ...looked right at me with those Evil eyes ...only a scrooge could hate....and then he [or she or " it?" ]  disappeared ....presumably into some access point in the dwelling.

I have since seen unbelievable sights looking up at My Fortress from outside... A  Meece Jumping out from between the cement and Decorative trim along the roof in Broad daylight ,and scurrying down the facade as if by magic ...and disappearing into the surrounding forest  .... at dizzying speed  [this old house is built from concrete Block ]

I was obviously dealing with an exceptional Mouse....

so here is the next installment of this sordid tale...

capture and release [after a nice car ride] ,

I noticed some plastic "have a heart" traps which were fairly inexpensive online,
ordered a few and after setting them up in places Where the Misses had heard midnight Meece parties,
I caught "one" ...I had read its not good to leave them too long in the trap [more on that later ..]
  I was all happy with myself and very early that rainy dark morning in November , at 3:30 AM
I dressed and hopped in the car with My fuzzy little Quarry [staring at me in Disbelief]

and decided to drive at least a half mile away and release "it" near a small Brook...
as I opened the door and still sitting inside ....held My captive in the wee cage ,I flipped the device upside down out side the
car  and there was the meece all calm and collected staring back at me in the dim Light [my interior light from the car]
I thought for a moment to bid him a farewell .... he sitting on his haunches sniffing the air in the Short grass at the edge of the pond...
Immediately Bolted ....
right back towards me and went underneath my Running Car ....[at the time I did not understand why]...
Now I'm afraid to move the car ,if I was gonna just squish him I could have done that back at my fortress...
after a bit of flopping around under the car in the dark [and light rain] ..
I decided he was just confused and must have run to the other side of the road...

off I went feeling all Humane and happy that the menace was gone from my life.

well the exact same scenario happened a few more times , very early mornings in my Bath robe ,driving
to the pond ...only to be stared back at after a few short hops toward freedom... the Mouse would bolt back under my Car

what the heck?

well I did not know that those seeds I had seen on top of the engine when I check the oil  [actually the AC compressor]
were fresh seeds,I had thought them old Crumbs from times long past...and was too lazy to climb down in there and clean them out...

I had not realized that this particular Meece knew My car all too well...and was grabbing the bird seed every night from the bird feeder spillage on the ground  next to my car, and feasting in the warmth or my engine Bay...

My car he has no fear of ,on the contrary it seems he is quite familiar with it running or not...for all I know he's in there as I type this....was probably in there yesterday for the trip with the grandson to the submarine museum in Groton CT....

there is more.....
But I will not relent...the Armistice has set in since the cold weather has arrived...and he knows the rules of engagement,
no winter releases into a frozen world...

Sigh..........installed a new plywood floor in the Kitchen yesterday...to cover the holes in the corners and pipes passing thru from down stairs ...I wonder if he has power tools....

a true challenge indeed

Chet K

« Last Edit: 2019-01-13, 20:21:06 by Chet K »

Wonderfully humanitarian story Chet!  Brings to mind my own
experiences with those lovely little creatures a few years back.
I caught and released about eleven of them to the wilderness
over a period of a month.

When their mouse family was most numerous they were quite bold and
fun to watch.  They'd come out into the open near me as I sat at
my computer and romp and play just like pet doggies do.  I guess
they somehow knew that I'd not harm them and for a time we had
an almost daily get together.

But my wife from Japan wasn't amused, sadly, so I was forced to take
action and relocate them to other digs.  They've been gone for
several years but I still have fond memories of our times together.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
A heart warming tale, Chet  ;)

We can't park our cars in the garage, too full of electronic equipment, so naturally the warm engines are a nice place for Meeces in the cold of winter.

In the summer when I went to use the air conditioner in the car....nada. A quick look under thee hood showed that the wires to the electric clutch had been nibbled away, even some of the copper conductor was gone. What plastic was left had little biting marks on it.

So always keep some extra wire under the hood, they seem to prefer rubber insulation, especially cheap Chinese made rubber tires, many of which around here have been nibbled through.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Hapus Dewi Sant

Another year and St David's day here in Wales also signifies the first day of Spring. Actually earlier this year than last!

We already have the local Frogs spawning. This time last year we were " knee deep " in snow, our Tomcat Austin missing presumed dead.... He actually managed to trek 10 miles West and was welcomed back 8 months later after his finder had taken him to the vets and his microchip gave them our address and telephone number.

Cheers Graham.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Professor

... our Tomcat Austin missing presumed dead.... He actually managed to trek 10 miles West and was welcomed back 8 months later after his finder had taken him to the vets and his microchip gave them our address and telephone number.
Yup! - the land of the disappearing cats.

Buy me a beer
Raining cats and dogs here in France, was 26c at home yesterday, May temperatures. So many extreams of climate around the world.

Regards
Mike

Buy me a cigar
Raining cats and dogs here in France, was 26c at home yesterday

Regards
Mike

Are there Poodles on the road Mike??  :)

'Twas 11 degrees C here a couple of days ago but sadly dropped back to single figures today.

Very punny

My printer heatbed is 37c atm don't think ill turn it on.

Buy me a beer
Are there Poodles on the road Mike??  :)

'Twas 11 degrees C here a couple of days ago but sadly dropped back to single figures today.
Ha ha

Plenty of catkins in the trees

Regards

Mike

Raining cats and dogs here in France, was 26c at home yesterday, May temperatures. So many extreams of climate around the world.

Regards
Mike

Butterflies here 10 days ago (latitude 47° 13' N).
It's not the climate, it's the weather. There was also such a heat wave in France in 1960 (20.2° on average 28 February 1960, Saint-Girons: 31.2° C).
All weather events are now manipulated in support of the anthropogenic global warming, even when it is a cold wave like in the USA this year.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Group: Ambassador

Todays foot or more of snow leaves Mildred [Mourning Dove ] waiting for the flowers and the flutterbyes
« Last Edit: 2019-03-04, 17:43:35 by Chet K »

An interesting discussion has arisen among the Qanons
regarding the strange weather in some areas.  Apparently
the Deep State weather manipulation systems have been
neutralized.  Those systems had been activated to cause
numerous catastrophic weather activities in support of the
"global climate change" program intended to lead up to
certain restrictive measures placed upon the global
human population.  Now that the recent targeted droughts
have been terminated Mother Earth is bouncing back with
rain and snow in areas that had been previously deprived.

We shall see how this all works out in coming weeks and
months.  The war of good  vs. evil is presently underway
with much more evidence of that war expected to occur
soon in The District of Crime and elsewhere with the taking
down of prominent personalities deeply engaged in The
Occult.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Buy me a beer
From my phone.

There are big changes in the world climate, I will not say it is man made, but I think we will see increasing  changes which are going to be difficult for many. The world is in a cycle which could be catastrophic within the next 30yrs, sooner or later. I really think it is like this, and others too, just look at where the money is going, private especially. I fear for the young of this world and I'm sorry to be talking of doom but the writing seems to be on the board.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
The last day of our festival today

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falles

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a cigar
Very interesting Mike.

So tomorrow you get to have a " lie in "?   ;)

Cheers Graham.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
An interesting discussion has arisen among the Qanons
regarding the strange weather in some areas.  Apparently
the Deep State weather manipulation systems have been
neutralized.  Those systems had been activated to cause
numerous catastrophic weather activities in support of the
"global climate change" program intended to lead up to
certain restrictive measures placed upon the global
human population.  Now that the recent targeted droughts
have been terminated Mother Earth is bouncing back with
rain and snow in areas that had been previously deprived.

We shall see how this all works out in coming weeks and
months.  The war of good  vs. evil is presently underway
with much more evidence of that war expected to occur
soon in The District of Crime and elsewhere with the taking
down of prominent personalities deeply engaged in The
Occult.

Mother nature always wins in the end.

As with that big meteorite that took out the dino's,and devastated the earth,she came bouncing back to make it greener and cleaner than ever.
We might mess the world up to the point where we do not survive,but once were gone,she will carry out the repairs needed,and once again a new race will evolve in a green clean world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kibpn9UTGzA

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Buy me a beer
Very interesting Mike.

So tomorrow you get to have a " lie in "?   ;)

Cheers Graham.

Ha ha, wishful thinking, back to cleaning the pool and doing repairs, then there is the planting of veg. then putting up a new fence then that painting I never did this winter, then................ :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYbx5If_zgw   turn up the sound :D
Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer

On Tues I travelled to tropics to keynote a conference in Cairns. That Salty croc is 7yo. They can grow up to 8m in their 80s. Imagine 8M of that coming at you.

Buy me a cigar
Well....

As many know I've had a " working " free energy device installed here for about 3 years. It has a modest 2KWh output but has still managed to provide us with 3.7 MWh since its installation in April 2016.

Thanks to Facebook market place I spotted some rather cheap 260 W new but slightly soiled panels for sale. I bought four of them. Luckily I had also bought a 3.2 KW inverter when I originally bought the smaller system.

Yesterday afternoon saw my son and I fitting " string 3 " with the intention of providing us with Summer hot water heating rather than burning Kerosene! My plan is to divert 1KWh into the heating system when available.

Cheers Graham.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-16, 19:40:35