PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 01:22:20
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Don Smith's Briefcase Device  (Read 169297 times)
Group: Guest
Looking this my attachment file... :),and comments please!
x_name41,
I'm looking at a printout of your circuits.
For the middle diagram, if you draw 8 microfarad capacitors in parallel, combined, meaning 2 microfarads at 8 kilovolts, this is untrue.  They would equal 8 microfarads at 2 kilovolts only.  Capacitors add capacitance in parallel and divide in series.  For 8 kilovolts, you need c1, c2, c3, c4 to be a string of 4 each, for 8 microfarads at 8 kilovolts.

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~vawter/PhysicsNet/Topics/Capacitors/ParSeriesCap.html

http://www.coilgun.info/theorycapacitors/capacitors2.htm

--Lee

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
I think what he is saying is that we are not really sure if Don used 2uF @ 8Kv or 8uF @ 2kv caps, we do know that they were in parallel.

Hello everyone. Thanks for the advice given, recommendations and guidelines and above all wanted to point out as my vision on how the schematic would seem, according to Don Smith photos provided. :)

(I use google translator) :)

I not have this circuit because 4 large capacitors missing!

One of the movie by Don with the L1, 10 turns, and L2 30 turns.  It is very capable for suit case, because it need not to be tuned.  I try it all.  I tried it with NST 3 KV, 45kHz.  NST 4 KV, 40kHz. NST 8 KV, 31 kHz.  With 10 turns on L1, it is short circuit, unless you connect it with a diode.  I try 10 turns with diodes, L1 on a 5 inch PVC L2, about 2000 turns, and home made capacitors (with 1 in thickness foam plates and aluminum foil) parallel with L2.  Power came out on L2 is about the same for air core.  I wonder that if it needs a iron core like toroidal core.
One of Don's project on a wheel cart, you see a large toroidal core with 3 coils on it.  I think the third coil standing alone for charging the battery.  The design is the same with a diode add in L1. Well, if you have a toroidal core and a NST, then try it out with 10 turn on L1, and 30 turns on L2.  You may need a second diode in L2.

@tranbinhtran

Few of us more or less replicated his tunable coil system - but NONE of us had a power supply required.

Proper power supply is the KEY component here. One should have center tapped NST - so earth ground could be connected. Unfortunately, the ones Don Smith had used was Bertonee (appearently these nsts had center tap) .. wich is no more... and noone else to my knowledge is manifacturing center tapped nst.. only 60hz old style ones...

So, noone really replicated his work...  including me. I have 60khz 7kv 10ma HV PSU but real spark discharge only happened @ some 4khz instead of 60khz...

Don emphasized in his lecture - one must connect earth ground to PSU or there will be no amps.... these are his words.

So. Thats my personal take on situation.

Minde

Hey guys, how come you are so quiet.  I did replicate this and it works.  It burns my 40w light bulb in series with a spark gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiJzphSKtMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YNGrhwf9Yk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ela0XmK4YKg&feature=related

Pay attention to the way he set up those 5 capacitors at L1.  2 in series and in series with other 3 in parrallel.

I replicated this, and it worked very well.  Each of the capacitor is 0.066 Mf, and there is 5 of them.  Don't use the small engine spark plug or car spark plug.  Use the bigger rods for spark contact.  I use two 3/8" bolts
and nuts drill thru a PVC pipe for spark contact.  The spark gap is on the positive side.
My NST is: 100w, 8000v, 31 khz.  Yes, you can use a regular cheap light dimmer.  I used it because I can't find a NST dimmer in where I live.

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Hey guys, how come you are so quiet.  I did replicate this and it works.  It burns my 40w light bulb in series with a spark gap.

I replicated this, and it worked very well.

Hi tranbinhtran,

Could you explain what you mean by "works"? Is there something unusual going on there? Where are your power measurements?

Buy me some coffee
I think what he's saying is he has energy transfer from primary to secondary, which is a lot more than some of us managed because we couldn't get the primary driven properly without the correct center tapped NST.

Certainly from looking at those videos, you should now be in a position to try the dual secondary coil config and try to work out if it's possible to verify the Don effect.

It works like the way in the video.  Remember Don said when it is resonance, it becomes supper conductor.  You see a spark bulb in video, that is spark jump from the two poles inside the bulb.  Power won't go Thru the bulb's hair alot.  I have a hard time to manage the output electricity.  I try to charge a HV capacitor thru a spark gap, but it won't charge alot.  I guess I have to charge it thru diodes like DON.  i HAVE A hard time to buy diodes in this country.  I have to use micro wave oven diodes, 12 of them in 3 stage, 4 in parallel.  They get very hot when I turn dimmer to higher, and I burn a few diodes already.  Power in and out, I don't have equipments to do that, and I leave that to you.
By the way, you may not need the center tap NST.  I don't.  Even if you don't have ground connection it still works.  Ground is just improving power in and out.  Study the video closely, there is no ground.  The higher capacitors at L1 and further gap for spark are the higher resonance and power output, but it is longer time for spark.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-11, 14:31:08 by tranbinhtran »

Diagram with no ground, and ground

Buy me some coffee
tran
Someone posted a link some time back where someone was building HV diodes out of stringed 1n4007 diodes and getting very good results

50kv @ 30A  ;D

Ah found it
http://wiki.4hv.org/index.php/High_voltage_diode_-_50_kV,_30_A_peak

Would you tell us detail spec information.
 (1) Like how many turns L1, L2 coil
 (2) length of the wires.
 (3) cap values and how many ....
Lastly Does it work as Don said in the video ?
Can you make it forever working setup like never discharge battery powered device.
Thank you.

Light dimmer: 1000w.  2 bucks (dollar)

Neon sign transformer:  input 220 vac, 50-60 Hz.  Output 8000 vac, 10 mA, 31 kHz. 5bucks.

L2=464.72cm (These are calculation from D2), D2=9.25cm (3" PVC), N2=16 turns
=> L1=1/4 L2=116.2cm, D1=6.75cm (2" PVC), N1=5.48 turns

Depend on how big wire diameter.  Dia. of pipe plus dia. of wire.

L1 cap.
Qty. 5 (all the same), value: 0.066 MD, 1600 vdc

I would say the reason those caps set up that way, because positive go to negative.  The 3 parallel caps absorb return better.  You can feel faster sparks for setup this way.

L2 caps.
Qty. 3 (all the same), value: 0.022 MD, 1600 vdc

If you use double coil on L2, then I recommend you will have caps for additional coil for better resonance.  You should use ac caps for this L2 coils.

Does it work as Don said in the video ?
I would say it is agreeable, and decision is all yours.

Can you make it forever working setup like never discharge battery powered device?
Possible and Frankly, I only have the system working up to here, which is power output from L2.  Due to the lack of HV diodes and equipments I can not go on, but I see a very good helping info from Peterae.  However, I hope to see more results from all up here, because I see some of you have very excellence equipments and setups, which are voltmeter, frequency meter, oscilloscope, hv diodes, caps, etc.  Make me drooling.  My measure equip, voltmeter with limit option from china costs about 2 usd.

Spark gap, I would say you adjust your gap farther until you get resonance.  I say it is about 2-3 mm or more.  Use larger spark contact to ease power transfer.

For further info, go to http://free-energy-info.co.uk/
chapter 3.

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Thanks tranbinhtran.

Your contribution is appreciated also.

Have you looked at Tariel Kapanadze's devices? If not, I would like to hear your thoughts on it. It appears to have a lot of similarities to the Don Smith device.

Thank you very much  tranbinhtran. I am very appreciate your kind cooperation.

I have  hope to make the system.
I read the Chapter3. Motionless Pulse systems. But I could not quiet understand the critical key point of system.
Also I read the Air Core Induction Coil Builders Guide by Donald Smith. But I could not understand the relationship of the capacitor value and coil length
and the coil turn numbers and .... I did not familiar with electrical field. Actually I don't know about that.
But I have a strong passion to build the system.
Would you explain easy to understand how to build the system like step by step by normal people.
Also do you mind upload detail photos of your system to help my project.
Welcome to anybody help me to build the system.
Thank you.

Your replications are my appreciation.

Kapanadze's device, It's not worth replicate that.

Advantage..

5 kw and above
Tesla design, but the opposite way.

Disadvantage..

2 separate ground 10 meter apart, Complicate design, COP replication is negative, using high power input. patent design is different from replications.  Check out this site http://jnaudin.free.fr/

I replicate myself, with a NST about 2 months ago, and it gives zero result.  What’s a waste of resource.  If you use 1000W or more input microwave transformer, and it give out 97% or 101% output, then it does not worth trying for.

Compare to Don projects, it is solid state, high Cop, cheap and easy to find accessories, low input, high power output, less wire turns.  If you sit down and figure out the advantage and disadvantage from the book, then you see it clearer.

Althought, I find that he give you extra info, and it is more like to confuse you.  For instance, high frequency NST, have you ever heard frequency in DC? Neg. and pos. and voltage only.  Once DC power go to DC caps it show flat in the oscilloscope.  So you may set up your diodes in anyway in L2 and get the most VDC out of it ( rectifier, one side...).  By the way, I bet if you use square wave inverter, and it is still work.  You may not worry about your NST Hz, but the high voltage.  Nothing is off the self, but different design.  You can verify that.

Don’s NST is center tap, which is double coil output to L2.  He uses both diodes at two positive NST output.  His NST negative center tap goes to ground and go back up at neg. caps side at L2.  Even if he not ground then the neg. is comes from his NST center tap side to the L2 caps.  What I show you in diagram is single coil output to L2 with NST without center tap.  If you hook like Don, with a regular NST, then the neg. have no where to go, and it jams.  Draw the center tap NST and see for yourself.

Thank you for the detail information.
I need more information for my project.

(1) How to determine the capacitor values of the L1 coil and L2 coil  ?
(2) What is value of the diodes of your set-up ?
(3) What is the Resistance values of the coil L-1, L-2 ?
(4) How you going to use of the Out put power system for practical use (Does it have enough Current (AMPS) ?)
(5) If possible, How to make the set-up(Circuit ?), I mean how to down-grade the voltage and up-grade amps ?
(6) By the some Don's information materials, the system need to use proper resister for practical output power.
     But I don't understand this point.
(7) I don't understand your last extra information. 

Sorry for the stupid questions. Because I don't know detail about the electronics field. 
But as I mention earlier, I have very strong passion to built this system. Please help me.
Recently I ordered NST, and I looking for L2 coil.
Thank you very much.

Anybody have the copy of "1996 TESLA MAGAZINE" mentioned by Don Smith at the 1996 Tesla Symposium ?

Diagram with no ground, and ground

Hi, I'm new here and I noticed your Don Smith based diagrams.
I think the spark-gap is connected wrong in this circuit. Why I think this, is because this circuit is not free running. Free running circuit is spark-gap connected in parallel over the capacitor to ground with L1 coil parallel too. You need a capacitor(s) in series between the parallel capacitor and L1 coil too. This LC system then self-resonates on natural frequency in the MHz range when micro-henries and nano-farad components are used.
Capacitor is charged by the (low)current (high)voltage pulses from the neon transformer (Don Smith NST). When spark-gap fires the LC gets (high)current impulses from the capacitor through the L1 coil (ala Tesla). Also the current through the spark-gap in parallel is much lower then the one connected in series. The high voltage lines from the neon are 180 degrees out of phase, so when you rectify them (positive) you get DC charge pulses to the capacitor. This charges your capacitor with the neon transformer frequency (time). Spark-gap regulates (breakdown voltage and holding current) the impulses into the LC circuit (this is not the resonance frequency). The LC is resonating on its own frequency (sparkgap is kicking the LC).
The L2 (receiver)coil is adjusted on the (L1C) primary (transmitter) resonance frequency. From here (L2a/L2b) you get high voltage and current.

Let me know what you think...

Regards,
cognito

Hi, I'm new here and I noticed your Don Smith based diagrams.
I think the spark-gap is connected wrong in this circuit. Why I think this, is because this circuit is not free running. Free running circuit is spark-gap connected in parallel over the capacitor to ground with L1 coil parallel too. You need a capacitor(s) in series between the parallel capacitor and L1 coil too. This LC system then self-resonates on natural frequency in the MHz range when micro-henries and nano-farad components are used.
Capacitor is charged by the (low)current (high)voltage pulses from the neon transformer (Don Smith NST). When spark-gap fires the LC gets (high)current impulses from the capacitor through the L1 coil (ala Tesla). Also the current through the spark-gap in parallel is much lower then the one connected in series. The high voltage lines from the neon are 180 degrees out of phase, so when you rectify them (positive) you get DC charge pulses to the capacitor. This charges your capacitor with the neon transformer frequency (time). Spark-gap regulates (breakdown voltage and holding current) the impulses into the LC circuit (this is not the resonance frequency). The LC is resonating on its own frequency (sparkgap is kicking the LC).
The L2 (receiver)coil is adjusted on the (L1C) primary (transmitter) resonance frequency. From here (L2a/L2b) you get high voltage and current.

Let me know what you think...

Regards,
cognito

You are probably right, but please draw schematic as my head burned trying to imagine possible combinations ;-)
That one video show one maybe : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNmFN7WnAc#

;D I can't wait to see your schematic !!!! IMHO It is HUGE step forward ! It works Mopozco video proved, the only problem is spark gap and  gas discharge tube would be better but it's hard to get in my country.

Buy me some coffee
Good find forest

Here's Don's Desktop rep by the same guy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUUabHAWBGE[/youtube]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 01:22:20