PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2017-05-26, 12:12:36
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Author Topic: Some "New" Observations  (Read 103911 times)
Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Attached is a simpler version of the fluorescent tube drive for use in the Thonemann patent. (see prior post for earlier version)

The good news is I found that a small inductor in the Anode circuit and a switch dispenses with the need for a filament supply. So this is the cold cathode version. Works much like those push to start lamps except requires a much briefer push, so attached is the simplified schematic.

The bad news is I spent some time trying to operate the Thonemann patent "in reverse" i.e. where a current in the tube is supposed to excite the transmission line into resonance.

I found no such happening and am beginning to doubt the patents veracity in it's present form. I ran currents from 3mA to 50mA with nothing happening (no sign of resonance) in the line.

There is one other test I will run when I fire up the RF amplifier and pump high power into the TLine.

So no  success on this project thus far.

Regards

---------------------------
Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

OK did not know where to post this, but I think this is about right.

Have not had much time lately as have been very busy with one thing or the other, but have been watching the forum which has been showing some interesting things, well I think this is interesting in my pdf below.

I think this is as close as I have seen to SM's  TPU, the basic design is quite solid and works to a level which can be built on, even the possibility of not connecting L3 to  L2/C1  (PM thread!) and not tried.

Well enjoy, you will have to play with the frequency, between 3khz and 15khz should find the right spot (5-6khz was SM)

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Mike

Very interesting circuits, especially the second schematic. I think this is definitely worth building and I have a nice large ferrite for the job that I already put the foils on.

You've got some interesting ideas in these designs.

Thanks much for sharing this good stuff.  O0

Regards
« Last Edit: 2017-05-11, 22:03:09 by ION »

Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

Mike

Very interesting circuits, especially the second schematic. I think this is definitely worth building and I have a nice large ferrite for the job that I already put the foils on.

You've got some interesting ideas in these designs.

Thanks much for sharing this good stuff.  O0

Regards

Thanks ION

Not much time ATM and I have seen just lately a lot being talked about which comes into play with the STEAP way of working. Even the PM thread with a possible OU or not could come into play if one of the coils is open ended  (not tested and may not work at such low frequency).

well I leave it with you, I may get it out again if time permits

Regards

Mike 8)

Just seen the EF problem with Chet, who is Allen Burgess?? has he other handles? don't know what he posted as Chet removed it, is he on this forum under another name?

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Mike
No he is not, he has been moderated at Stefan's for similar behavior
and now he makes a mess over there.

I am actually trying to understand what he is doing there?

will get it sorted soon

thanks for sharing your work.

Hi Mike

Your device deserves it's own thread possibly in the SM section or on your bench for focused discussion, either way ok lest it get buried here. This thread has gotten a bit cluttered mostly my fault by allowing the Thonemann patent intruding here. I would hate to see your good work get buried.

Regards

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2017-05-26, 12:12:36