PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-20, 08:09:57
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Steorn & The relaunch of Orbo.  (Read 15072 times)

Group: Tinkerer

First of all don't shoot the messenger. http://freeenergy.news/steorn/exclusive-live-steorn-webinars-on-orbo-powercube/
Is a site run by a mate that I met in the original SKDB. Anyway he's pretty excited. He was 007 in the old Steorn forum. I said I'd share the link for him.

Group: Ambassador

not sure of the power claims ...however if this is a "flea power" device [Grumpy's term]
a few of those are starting to come to light.[in the works]

I think everyone understands that if even one device works no matter how small and goes mainstream then the proverbial jig is up. Everybody who said it cannot work is going to look like a complete idiot and a global shit storm will erupt. I hope it does work and they sell a billion of them.

AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
I did mention this a few months ago when it was launched in an Irish pub in the form of a cube,

They said then that it will charge phones and tablets etc, about 5 phones one after the other and then needs a rest to recover for some hours, not bad. They had it running in the pub charging phones for some days in full view in the bar of the pub.

I hope they have it right now, I'm fairly sure they have after the last show, there again one never knows with the Irish.

regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

@Mike
From the article you posted--
If they produce another spectacular failure, this just might be the end of the line for them. On the other hand, providing a convincing demo, by itself, isn't likely to gain them much. Only when (and if) Orbo makes it out there onto the market, and is able to be torn apart and tested by many other people, will the scientific and business communities start taking them seriously. If that's what Steorn is about to do, and if they manage to pull it off... well, that would change everything.

I would agree and believe they are determined to succeed one way or another based on their history. All it takes it 1 continuous watt in a proven device and everything changes. Everything changes because nobody can say it is not possible anymore and the fact that it is possible opens the flood gates to bigger and better technologies.

One thing they do have going for them is global exposure and it may be that the last technologies were to test the waters...throw out a bone and see what happens. If the rabid dogs chew it up and bury it then obviously they would need to change their strategy. We have seen what has happened in the past and I think Steorn is doing many things right. Screw the scientific establishment, if they want to test it then let them buy one off the shelf at Walmart like everyone else. The fact is that the only thing which was ever required is that it works...period, and the consumer will ultimately decide that for themselves not a scientist.

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Buy me a beer
@Mike
From the article you posted--
I would agree and believe they are determined to succeed one way or another based on their history. All it takes it 1 continuous watt in a proven device and everything changes. Everything changes because nobody can say it is not possible anymore and the fact that it is possible opens the flood gates to bigger and better technologies.

One thing they do have going for them is global exposure and it may be that the last technologies were to test the waters...throw out a bone and see what happens. If the rabid dogs chew it up and bury it then obviously they would need to change their strategy. We have seen what has happened in the past and I think Steorn is doing many things right. Screw the scientific establishment, if they want to test it then let them buy one off the shelf at Walmart like everyone else. The fact is that the only thing which was ever required is that it works...period, and the consumer will ultimately decide that for themselves.

AC

All true, did you see that they have over 2 million euros of investment behind them, and it still keeps coming in :D

regards

Mike 8)

Group: Professor

Everyman decries immorality
All it takes it 1 continuous watt in a proven device and everything changes. Everything changes because nobody can say it is not possible anymore and the fact that it is possible opens the flood gates to bigger and better technologies.

AC

Would you mind explaining what that means ?

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Hey Mike

It just boggles the mind that so many want to try to prove themselves to some narrow minded people they don't even know who have already made up their mind that it cannot work. Screw the scientists and the naysayers, what we need are inventors and entrepreneurs working hand in hand to promote real change. Screw the scientists, screw the bookworms, screw the politicians and the oil pigs... make it work and sell it is all that is required.

They can stuff their Proof, Proof, Proof where the Sun don't shine in my opinion. I will decide if it works or not and I will decide who I sell it to...not them. In any case the tides are turning in our favor and most all agree coal and oil are finished. It is a dirty, filthy, polluting, archaic way of doing things and the age of the neanderthals must come to an end.

AC

I will decide if it works or not.

AC

Would you mind defining what the criteria for "it working" is please ?

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.

@Evolvingape
Would you mind defining what the criteria for "it working" is please ?

I think it's pretty obvious, if I have a box with some stuff in it but no apparent energy source and it is supposed to put out 1 watt continuously and it does by lighting a 1 watt LED for example then we could say it "works" and if the LED does not light then it does not work. In the words of Faraday... it does not matter how the change (work) occurs only that it does. The semantics or science or philosophy of why it can or cannot work are irrelevant if it does work in reality...obviously.

Realistically we can use the same logic as science does, an object falls due to Gravity however nobody has a clue what Gravity is. A changing magnetic field will induce a voltage across a conductor however nobody knows what a magnetic field is. By the same logic we know my box lights a 1 watt LED however nobody knows what is in my box... what's the difference?. Obviously science has already established the premise that fundamentally the "how and why" do not matter so much as the result is concerned. Gravity is just Gravity, a Magnetic field is just a Magnetic field and my box is just a box... the same-same argument is equally valid. Unless, of course, you want to just change the rules but you know I won't accept that flawed argument, lol.

AC

@Evolvingape
I think it's pretty obvious, if I have a box with some stuff in it but no apparent energy source and it is supposed to put out 1 watt continuously and it does by lighting a 1 watt LED for example then we could say it "works" and if the LED does not light then it does not work. In the words of Faraday... it does not matter how the change (work) occurs only that it does. The semantics or science or philosophy of why it can or cannot work are irrelevant if it does work in reality...obviously.

If you want to define "works" in this context as lighting a 1 watt LED continuously with no apparent energy source, then ok.

Realistically we can use the same logic as science does, an object falls due to Gravity however nobody has a clue what Gravity is. A changing magnetic field will induce a voltage across a conductor however nobody knows what a magnetic field is. By the same logic we know my box lights a 1 watt LED however nobody knows what is in my box... what's the difference?. Obviously science has already established the premise that fundamentally the "how and why" do not matter so much as the result is concerned. Gravity is just Gravity, a Magnetic field is just a Magnetic field and my box is just a box... the same-same argument is equally valid. Unless, of course, you want to just change the rules but you know I won't accept that flawed argument, lol.

AC

They can stuff their Proof, Proof, Proof where the Sun don't shine in my opinion.

AC

If you have a box that uses 1 watt to power an LED continuously with no apparent energy source, that is your proof that you have a box that uses 1 watt to power an LED continuously with no apparent energy source.. so who would be asking for proof that you have a box that uses 1 watt to power an LED continuously with no apparent energy source ?

@Evolvingape
If you have a box that uses 1 watt to power an LED continuously with no apparent energy source, that is your proof that you have a box that uses 1 watt to power an LED continuously with no apparent energy source.. so who would be asking for proof that you have a box that uses 1 watt to power an LED continuously with no apparent energy source ?

Someone who hasn't seen my box I guess.

AC

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
If you want to define "works" in this context as lighting a 1 watt LED continuously with no apparent energy source, then ok.

The thing is,if this works as claimed,we need only know what energy source it is using.
It then only becomes a matter of scaling it up.

One device!!just one!! is all it will take(that we can get our hands on),and it's game set and match.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
@Evolvingape
Someone who hasn't seen my box I guess.

AC

Dear Allcanadian.

I've been smiling all day !!  The UK slang for " Box " has a very different connotation !!   >:-)

On a more serious note, I have to agree, if Steorn manages to get this " out there " it surely is a game changer.

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

The thing is,if this works as claimed,we need only know what energy source it is using.
It then only becomes a matter of scaling it up.

One device!!just one!! is all it will take(that we can get our hands on),and it's game set and match.

Yes exactly right, but that is not my point, and not all technologies scale well.

It appears that AC has already decided that there are a set of criteria by which his adversaries will be judged at some point in the future, and I am simply asking what that criteria specifically is. As the scientific record goes we know that individual single systems are always COP<1 due to losses incurred in operation. We also know that machines, devices etc can be coupled to existing energy sources in our environment and have an output that is COP>1 due to this coupling effect harvesting energy. (even though the machine, device etc itself is always COP<1)

Dear Allcanadian.

I've been smiling all day !!  The UK slang for " Box " has a very different connotation !!   >:-)

On a more serious note, I have to agree, if Steorn manages to get this " out there " it surely is a game changer.

Cheers Grum.

Read it this morning, been chuckling all day! ;D

It is only a game changer if it works as claimed, getting it out there by itself achieves nothing useful, if it does not work. Might achieve something for Steorn though..  ???

Hey Grumage
I've been smiling all day !!  The UK slang for " Box " has a very different connotation !!

The slang is the same here and I had to laugh as well after I re-read my post.

@evolvingape
It appears that AC has already decided that there are a set of criteria by which his adversaries will be judged at some point in the future, and I am simply asking what that criteria specifically is.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you in spirit however how far do we go?. Do we say it's not enough that it works and we must know what is inside. When we see inside do we say that is not enough until we understand how it works or do we go further and say it cannot be valid until we can prove where the energy comes from. I think we can all agree that if it does work as claimed as a simple box then we should take it at face value... if it works then it works. The other option which I believe is the more likely one is that enough will never be enough for most people because it goes against what they have come to believe. They would never believe it works even if it was working right in front of them for weeks or months on end.

AC

What do you mean by scaling ? What about device which can run powering 1W led or be scaled to 10kW but not much over it, except of a set of parrale devices but which become costly ? I still see the usefulness..

Group: Tinkerer

Dear Allcanadian.

Cheers Grum.
...seems all the commonwealth is giggling

Group: Ambassador

well I'm suddenly thankful that  we try to keep our thinking "outside the Box" around here...

seems like it could be quite "consuming".

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar

seems like it could be quite "consuming".

Thin ice Chet, thin ice!!    >:-)

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

What do you mean by scaling ?

Scaling a technology is a very complicated subject, ask me an easier question next time please!  O0

The CPU is a good model to study:

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/116561-the-death-of-cpu-scaling-from-one-core-to-many-and-why-were-still-stuck

@evolvingape
Don't get me wrong I agree with you in spirit however how far do we go?. Do we say it's not enough that it works and we must know what is inside. When we see inside do we say that is not enough until we understand how it works or do we go further and say it cannot be valid until we can prove where the energy comes from. I think we can all agree that if it does work as claimed as a simple box then we should take it at face value... if it works then it works. The other option which I believe is the more likely one is that enough will never be enough for most people because it goes against what they have come to believe. They would never believe it works even if it was working right in front of them for weeks or months on end.

AC

You can start from a hypothesis and prove it step by step until you have a finished product that works in real life as predicted by theory.

You can also start with a finished end product, which happens from time to time with accidental discoveries, and reverse engineer them to understand the underlying theory and then use that new knowledge to improve your discovery.

If it works it is not necessary to know why in order to harvest the benefit's. The knowledge of why it works allows you to increase future yield (ie. COP).

@Jim
...seems all the commonwealth is giggling

Oh sweet jesus a guy can't even say the word box and every Tom, Dick and Harry gets a smile on their face, lol.

AC

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
@Jim
Oh sweet jesus a guy can't even say the word box and every Tom, Dick and Harry gets a smile on their face, lol.

AC

the difference between the two is
One may be able to save us money,while the other will cost you money :D

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-20, 08:09:57