PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 08:09:35
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Warning on Dollard's experiment  (Read 3412 times)
Group: Ambassador

Group: Professor

Everyman decries immorality
One of the best community safety videos ever produced, well done Sir!

---------------------------
Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Looks like he is using a "Violet Ray" machine to excite the tubes.  These devices are mini handheld Tesla coils designed for the fringe medical industry at the turn of the century. ( I have a few) They put out a wide range of high voltage EMI. Depending on the length of antenna that is attached to the tip, different frequencies will be more effectively transmitted

I wouldn't necessarily trust a Geiger counter whose electronics is housed in a plastic case. The shorter bulb may excite a different set of frequencies than the longer fluorescent tube, easily disturbing the instruments electronics.

A definitive proof would be to try to x-ray some soft and hard materials to get an idea of the penetrating power of the rays.

Just need some photographic film, some developer, and a lead apron.

I have that original VHS video purchased from Borderland back in 1989.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Guest
For some reason the Geiger counter takes a long time to return to zero. Seems odd but what do I know ! Foil can be attracted to the top load of a regular HV Tesla coil no bulb at all.

For some reason the Geiger counter takes a long time to return to zero. Seems odd but what do I know ! Foil can be attracted to the top load of a regular HV Tesla coil no bulb at all.

If pomodoro reruns the test with no tubes but just a telescoping antenna on the end of the Violet Ray, he may find that tuning (adjusting the length of) the antenna to the right frequency will cause his Geiger to go offscale.

Those Violet Ray machines put out one hell of a lot of wideband EMI.

Better "control" experiments are needed here before jumping to conclusions.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

I will reach out for him and ask if he can do some controls [unless he already has ??]

Pomo feels the fluorescent tube is an appropriate control here ??

??
« Last Edit: 2016-02-20, 17:58:10 by Chet K »

Group: Tinkerer

X-Rays are easily produced.  Too easily in fact.

Vacuum Tube television sets were especially engineered
to minimize X-Ray production.

Certain Military Electronic Equipment came with cautions
in the High Voltage Rectifier area regarding the generation
of X-Ray emissions.  Vacuum Tube rectifiers.

No doubt nearly all of Tesla's experiments with his evacuated
tube devices produced X-Rays.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

X-Rays are easily produced.  Too easily in fact.

Vacuum Tube television sets were especially engineered
to minimize X-Ray production.

Certain Military Electronic Equipment came with cautions
in the High Voltage Rectifier area regarding the generation
of X-Ray emissions.  Vacuum Tube rectifiers.

No doubt nearly all of Tesla's experiments with his evacuated
tube devices produced X-Rays.

Absolutely correct, X-rays are very easy to produce. TV and monitor Cathode Ray Tubes use leaded glass to absorb the rays, and 1B3 HV rectifier tubes and the like were always in a shielded cage to minimize escaping radiation. In addition there were always X-ray and HV warning stickers on those cages.

Maybe I'm being misunderstood. I'm not saying x-rays are not being produced by the experiment, just saying that it is good to separate out any EMI interference with the Geiger instrument from actual X-ray production.

Those Violet Ray mini Tesla coils wreak havoc with all kinds of electronic equipment, and I use them to test the "EMI hardening" of devices, although more sophisticated controllable test equipment is used nowadays for EMI testing.

Anytime you have a HV source, a vacuum tube with an anode and a cathode, and sufficient current flow there are x-rays. And yes it is dangerous.

As a matter of fact, in one email to Lindsay, SM proposes a household device like a microwave oven but using a HV rectifier tube to produce x-rays that would be used to kill bacteria when preparing food for storage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(part of a email to LM)

"I have an idea about another product. I will send you the concept to look over and you can give me your impression, which I will value. I believe that we could actually make and sell these things without getting killed for our efforts.
It is called The Beam Cleaner.
Sincerely,
Your Friend,
Steven"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 17:22:36 EDT THE BEAM CLEANER

Overview:

What is the Beam Cleaner?

The Beam Cleaner is a revolutionary new product designed to kill harmful bacteria and parasites in foods such as meat, poultry, fish, milk and bread products.  It is designed for operation in the home environment, or for portable use.  It will be a God send for the safe preparation of food for storage.  It is based on proven conventional electronic technology.

What does it do?

The Beam Cleaner Kills all harmful infestations in food, thereby giving the food much greater longevity of storage before the need to prepare and consume.
The reason we refrigerate food is to slow down the growth of bacteria and parasites within the food we bring home from the market.  Eventually, the bacteria and germs grow anyway and destroy or render the meat or fish useless regardless of the refrigeration.
However, by using the Beam Cleaner to destroy the bacteria and germs before refrigeration, we stop their growth and subsequent further deterioration of the food we place in storage.  Thus, permitting a dramatic increase in the length of fresh storage time.  Note: *   Government tests have given indication that meat will last almost indefinitely unless there is reintroduction of bacteria.
Furthermore, use of the Beam Cleaner in food preparation gives one confidence that serious diseases such as food poisonings caused by Salmonella, Shigella, Botulism are a thing of the past, never to plague your family.      * Thousands of people die every year from food poisoning.
Use of the Beam Cleaner does not remove the food's vitamins, minerals or any of the wholesome aspects we find desirable.

How does it work?

The Beam Cleaner does not use any preservatives or harmful gas or chemicals.
Instead, the Beam Cleaner uses the proven technology of electron beams to penetrate the food and render useless the parasites, bacteria and germs inside and on the surface of ordinary store bought food.  It is completely safe for all foods and does absolutely nothing to the quality of the food.       * This concept has been tested worldwide for many years in food processing plants, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"By the way, if you want to have a go at the beam cleaner we might make our fortune there. Yes, it is just a vacuum tube HV tube 3A3, etc. operated at 25K which gives out X-ray radiation which is quite fatal to the nasty little bugs found in food stuffs, etc. As long as you keep it enclosed, the x-rays don't get out of the metal box to harm anyone.It should be as safe as the early color TV sets were.
Take care my...  only friend. Yes, my only friend.
Sincerely,
Steven"

This is a shortened excerpt from the complete description.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-20, 20:16:00 by ION »

Well then I am glad I never pursued the use of any tubes except fluro ones in my follies. I think the most harmful thing I did was take a shock from a microwave transformer secondary through a fairly small series capacitor. It did hurt, but I got better. Made me very cautious after that as well.

So I guess we can expect Eric to be diagnosed with cancer or tumors sometime soon ?

Well then I am glad I never pursued the use of any tubes except fluro ones in my follies. I think the most harmful thing I did was take a shock from a microwave transformer secondary through a fairly small series capacitor. It did hurt, but I got better. Made me very cautious after that as well.

So I guess we can expect Eric to be diagnosed with cancer or tumors sometime soon ?
       With regard to Tesla's biggest generators (up to 7-8 million volts):
I read in a written technical source years ago, something I never forgot...    7 million+ voltage arcs are powerful enough to transmute atmospheric nitrogen to radioactive oxygen.   WITH a short half-life that made it risky in an enclosed space or a room with no windows and a door that's shut.   Tesla may have shortened his life the same way Madam Curie did while researching the origin of radium.
       The testatika and working replicas can produce 25,000--30,000 volts---with ions and electrons being produced in all directions and unpleasant untraviolet light as well.

--Lee

With regard to Tesla's biggest generators (up to 7-8 million volts):
I read in a written technical source years ago, something I never forgot...    7 million+ voltage arcs are powerful enough to transmute atmospheric nitrogen to radioactive oxygen.   WITH a short half-life that made it risky in an enclosed space or a room with no windows and a door that's shut.   Tesla may have shortened his life the same way Madam Curie did while researching the origin of radium.
       The testatika and working replicas can produce 25,000--30,000 volts---with ions and electrons being produced in all directions and unpleasant untraviolet light as well.

--Lee
Lightning will do the same thing. I saw it on the Tesla Radiant Energy collector I built when a thunder storm a few miles away was producing cloud to cloud lightning. At the time I was taking voltage readings. They jumped up to about four times what it had been just a moment earlier and then slowly returned to normal over maybe 5 or 10 seconds. I didn't realize what I was seeing at the time but a little research indicated that strong lightning will produce both X-rays and gamma rays. The cloud to cloud part is important because I can rule out the cause of the voltage reading jump being through the ground.

Read Tesla's Colorado Springs notes for July 4, 1899. At the end of that entry he says, "This is important!." When he went to Colorado Springs he was thinking of transmitting power between balloons at 30,000 feet. That is in one of his transmission patents. There are entries in his Colorado Springs notes about extracting hydrogen from the atmosphere to maintain the balloons at altitude. He didn't immediately realize the implications of the July 4, 1899 experience because the next day he had notes about extracting hydrogen again. Somewhere along the line, however, he realized he could do the transmission through the earth. As far as I know he never attempted the balloon transmission. There would surely have been photographs if he did. That's probably a good thing because the jet stream is at roughly that altitude but it was unknown at the time except by one man in Japan who was studying it.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tesla/coloradonotes/coloradonotes.htm - notes
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tesla/coloradonotes/coloradonotes01.htm#INTRODUCTION - See Diagram of apparatus demonstrating transmission of electric power through rarefied gas, i.e 30,000 feet

That raises the question, was he contemplating having the insulated elevated plate of the radiant energy collector at 30,000 feet or higher also? We know radiation exposure is higher for airline crews. I'm pretty sure they have to wear dosimeters to monitor it.

IMO, the July 4, 1899 notes are what Wardenclyffe was all about - producing pulses as strong as lightning and driving them into the ground. Unlike lightning, the pulse could be controlled in frequency, strength, and duration and each pulse would strike the earth at the same location every time. That can be related to the hairpin circuit experiments but using a sphere instead of a U shaped bar and a unidirectional pulse rather than a closed circuit which goes back to transmission by one wire rather than using a return wire. It also relates to his pocket sized mechanical oscillator that could have taken down an iron framed building because the strike occurs at the same location every time. Properly timed it creates constructive interference to build the strength of the transmission, be it vibration through the building's frame or electricity through the earth.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 08:09:35