PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2017-10-20, 06:09:28
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: wow, some sort of magnetic resonator, related to TPU perhaps?  (Read 4015 times)

damn, just saw this video, looks very interesting.  It seems to show some type of resonator (spring, magnet, and cylinder)   We can see through the cylinder so no batteries hidden, the kid seems honest in his demonstration.    Is this perhaps a phenomena related to the TPU?  (you know, magnets, coils, vibration, magnetostrsiction, etc..etc...?)

https://youtu.be/iYG5-T0135E

he talks about "electromagnetic smog",  basically it appears to be a novel energy harvesting contraption.

here's a previous video, he sure does all the required tests to prove he's not hiding batteries somewhere.

https://youtu.be/ErbXiXsyc9k

Can this be perhaps galvanic action?  the thin insulator perhaps is soaked in an electrolyte?

text from the video with some dimensions.

this guy replicated already, shows variation with angle to prove it is receiving energy!   O0

https://youtu.be/6ibuEnr0cYc

materials:

spring made of carbon steel, cylinder of aluminum coated with nickel, insulator is semi conductive tape.

link to tape used: 

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/EMDCI/Home/Products/ProductCatalog/~/Scotch-Electrical-Semi-Conducting-Tape-13?N=5433135+3294318581&rt=rud

I will take a shot at this one ;)

I would say it is a battery made up of nickel and a another metal (probably two batteries).

1.   Neos are nickel plated
2.   The 3M tape is like an electrolite
3.   The voltage is the giveaway

Regards

Mike 8)

But cool though
« Last Edit: 2016-11-23, 15:19:07 by Centraflow »

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

I'm buying some tape today from local electrician supply store.  It is conductive per the spec.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Interesting to note that they do not work horizontal but only vertical orientation.

Except for the one at the end of the video,lying in the field on the dirt, seems to have solved the orientation problem  ;)

Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
and a quote from a post in the comments
While gathering parts to try this experiment, I took just the 12 1/2*3mm round neodymium magnets I had and split the stack in half. I put a piece of paper between them. So I had 6 magnets stuck together a piece of paper and then the other 6 magnets stuck together. At either end I am getting a voltage reading of .2 to .3 volts with NO OTHER PARTS. I suggest you all try replicating this. I found the position in space where I held the magnets made a difference on the voltage.

and a quote from a post in the comments

Does anyone think it could be the intersection of the gravitational field and the field of the magnet somehow acting as a detector of HF radio waves?

I guess most radio waves are vertically polarized so maybe it has nothing to do with gravitation interference effects.

Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

I will take a shot at this one ;)

I would say it is a battery made up of nickel and a another metal (probably two batteries).

1.   Neos are nickel plated
2.   The 3M tape is like an electrolite
3.   The voltage is the giveaway

Regards

Mike 8)

But cool though

Nice shot  O0

I'll add a modifier:

The semi-conductive tape is probably not a contributing factor by itself.

If you add a bit of human skin oil (probably best to one side only of the piece of tape) you would have a quite proper battery.  I would suspect the voltage of that single-cell battery to be around 1.4V. However, I can't imagine the total device having much current supplying capacity.

The reason for my modifier is that I have used such tape where it is intended in the H.V. electrical industry. The rule of thumb is to not make bare skin contact to the tape while applying it. If you make skin contact (or any other moisture/contaminate) contamination, your connector is likely to be a source of fire-works when you close the circuit.

This type of tape is usually used on medium voltage load-break elbow for cable connections to continue the H.V. cable shield connection. If you were to impregnate that tape with any type of low viscosity oil it may provide a path for high voltage 'tracking' through the connector.

Applying an H.V. charge to the tape while stretching it can be interesting. I suggest looking into 3M type VHB electrostrictive tapes.

http://www.hizook.com/blog/2009/12/28/electroactive-polymers-eap-artificial-muscles-epam-robot-applications

You may find it interesting to learn that proper preparation of these materials (stretching / HV application) can result in electric muscle-like action. The inverse is also possible (compressing, via a magnet or any other means, a properly prepared material can produce an electric potential).

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

"What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning." - Werner Heisenberg

Does anyone think it could be the intersection of the gravitational field and the field of the magnet somehow acting as a detector of HF radio waves?

I guess most radio waves are vertically polarized so maybe it has nothing to do with gravitation interference effects.

Interesting point, I did not think on the vertical to horizontal movement, yes most radio waves are vertical polarised, what about phone repeaters, are they helical "omnipolarised" like the spring?

I still go with the battery makeup. If the magnet was replaced with a piece of nickel would it still work? or a normal iron magnet?

Well the only way to find out is to build it :-\

Regards

Mike 8)

PS slight of hand, if so the angles have been well covered :D

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Exact quote from me, while viewing video 3:
"Well, I still have absolutely no bloody idea"

To add to Peter's comment about the guy with the paper between magnets. I'm going to try it in a minute.

What i'd like to see, are voltage/current readings, it then runs a load for 5 minutes, then the readings are taken again. 

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm  :-\

128.3mV

What in the actual crazy is going on ?
This is the 2nd time in a week where odd magnet results have appeared. I either have very duff meters or....nah, there has to be a reason. For a start, the probes are not bolted or clamped to the magnets, simply 1 is under the stack, the other is being pulled toward by the semi-flexible wire.
These magnet pieces are just snapped up HDD neos and a few very thin disc types as a small stack, half a dozen separate neo pieces in effect, with regular copier/printer type paper between.
Meter is a Uni-T 136B
It wasn't immediate, it started off at around 15mV and then climbed over a couple of minutes, until slowing down and ending up hovering at the 128mV level.
Hand oils on the magnets or magnet to probe junctions ?

Well, it only takes a minute to verify from other folks.

???

ETA: a quick 1min vid showing an odd effect.
If I sit the stack on just the Negative probe, the voltage climbs on the meter. Remove the stack, the voltage drops away. It should be a meter fault, with it not dropping to zero immediately, but, how come just placing on the 1 probe changes the values ?
Putting the stack on the Positive probe brings the reading down far quicker than no stack being present too !
A field effect ? yet with no oscillation ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM8KpP2ahPo
(Unlisted vid)

this is an interesting paper from IEEE covering:   This paper reviews the evolution and the historical milestones/breakthroughs of electromagnetic energy conversion techniques over the years with an emphasis on low-density energy-harvesting technologies.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=6922611

I'm not saying this effect is RF rectification, but if it were it may have to do with the spin polarized current due to current flowing in a ferromagnetic wire.  I'm more inclined to believe this is a low frequency phenomena, few hundred hertz or kHz maybe.

Slider2732,  I obtained a few hundred mV from magnets before, strange stuff.   

Anybody remember the name of the German inventor around WWII who had a similar magnet and coil sort of a contraption?    I want to say British intelligence interviewed him if I remember correctly, there were some documents floating around on the internet a while back.

anyway, I don't believe these guys are hiding batteries, seems the insulator makes the difference (he removes it and it doesn't work).  Also, when it works notice the voltage is only between the cylinder and magnet.  If he slides the probe on the coil no voltage, so the potential seems to occur at the nickel cylinder/steel spring junction, is it not?  and its DC, so if its tapping into EM waves,   there is a rectification effect going on.  The spring and the thin insulator could be a tuned LC circuit, albeit, the insulator is semi conductive.  very strange device!

EM 

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
I've no idea who the German chap is, would he be on Rex research perhaps ?
British intelligence from around WWII times, well this thing is an Enigma all of it's own !
Oh wait, Wolfram ?

I'm supposed to be drinking a couple of beers, for the Thanksgiving thing here in the USA, holiday times, for tomorrow and a turkey and all that. I don't care, beer is always welcome when bought by the missus LOL
But....this whole thing now has me hooked.
Attached is another oddity, built on the table just now.
One of those 'Resonator' things :)
The 4 pieces of slice neo's have a paper separator, then a few turns of steel wire, then a cylinder of aluminium kitchen foil.
Rubbish right ?
So WHY does it put out 387mV ?  ;D

Am thinking a different meter would be a good idea.

« Last Edit: 2016-11-24, 04:38:34 by Slider2732 »

OMG, I got over 600 mV tonight.   It's got to be some sort of galvanic action from dissimilar metals, body oils, etc...   there is a slight voltage difference with orientation.

One probe is contacting my ring, and then using the spring you see  (a coiled wire made of some shiny metal that is attracted to a magnet)  it produces over 600 mV.  I checked the voltmeter with the AA battery to make sure it works accurately.

EM

Buy me a cigar

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Just put a 1 k ohm resistor across your meter as a load and on the volts setting you not only see the volts but the equivalent current in mA from the same reading.

e.g  0.236 volts =0.236 mA

If you are on the millivolt setting of your meter, then you will see the millivolts and the equivalent microamps from the same reading.

e.g. 236 mV =236 uA

I K ohms is a very reasonable load for this type of device. Then the power calculation is easy.

You could alternately put a one megohm resistor across your meter, then the volts setting will also equate to microamps. That will tame the stray readings a bit. It is a good idea to measure the input impedance (resistance in this case) of your meter on various settings using another high quality meter. Then you can better calculate the load resistor for highest accuracy. The meter input resistance will be effectively in parallel with your applied load resistor.

Slider and all: I don't recommend making measurements without some small load on your meter. Potential Differences exist everywhere and are easily read by today's high impedance (up to 10 Megohm input impedance) meters. Potential Differences do not constitute any power until applied to a load, so voltage readings of PD don't often mean much. There are minor electret effects built right into the meter's leads, not to mention stray electrostatic charges. But they are not of value until the PD is loaded. Tame those stray readings by adding a load resistor to your meter.

You could also plot a family of curves using different resistors then connect the dots to create a load line and optimum power point curves. Very handy for impedance matching such a device to a load. In this manner you can determine the output impedance of your new "power supply" which I predict will be quite high (unfortunately).

Since the device seems to be position sensitive, a plot of vertical angle and direction would be useful to see if there is a correlation with the earth magnetic field.

While the device may have something in common with the Coler device, personally I think it is also has something in common with the Roy Meyers device.

Still working on my first coffee here so forgive any errors.

Edit: Attached the data sheet on the Scotch tape #13 and a snip from it. I think you could use any conductive rubber in the same range.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-24, 16:01:50 by ION »

Grumage, that's exactly the name, thanks for researching it.

Ion, thanks for the advice, I'll have to load the circuit but get myself out of the circuit somehow.   

Looking at the electronegativities of the elements,  ( gold 2.54,  iron 1.83). It may explain the voltage I observe. 

I'm wondering if there may not be a new field of study here, where galvanic junctions between dissimilar metals, where one metal is magnetically polarized, may not lead to new phenomena?  Novel rectification?  changed electronegativity? Etc. maybe RF currents impinging on the junction get rectified efficiently? 

Just brainstorming

EM

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Great point about the loading, ION, thanks for those tips.

All of this is fun to explore and some results appear to be unexpected. It ALL should be meter error and misunderstood effects based on ignorance shouldn't it....but, with the Coler studies and others, not all may result in a rethink.

Thinking about your last post EM, could magnetic permeabilities produce electron shunting, to perhaps term the effect ? Battles going on internally within a magnetic field, that have never been studied.
As in, a pull/push bottleneck situation, where magnetism meets a 'resistance', builds, overflows and the result mimics a zener diode and capacitor effect. What could happen, is that such a release becomes a usable voltage and current, based on the dissimilar electron carrying abilities and removed from being merely resistance to a flux path. It would be lossy in comparison to using the regular attraction or repulsion of the magnet, but now usable because it's been transformed into electrical energy.
So, not free energy, transformed energy that's now usable in the new state.
No idea if it's there yet, of course.
A 21st Century Magnetstromapparat, if graphene could be worked into it  8)

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

At 5.25 m doesn't he actually short out the " resonators " ? Have another look......  ;)

Cheers Graham.

At 5.25 m doesn't he actually short out the " resonators " ?
At 5:25 I see him connecting two of them in parallel.

Buy me a cigar
At 5:25 I see him connecting two of them in parallel.

Hi Verpies.

May I contradict you?  ;)

Just before that time he showed us the series voltage by placing one on top of the other, my contention is that at 5.25 he effectively puts them in a short circuit condition.

Kind regards, Graham.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-29, 17:46:24 by Grumage »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJAFrx3VW5A

Any thoughts?

BTW, I did try making one, it produced no volts or current.

May I contradict you?  ;)
Always.
Are you referring to the first video quoted in this thread ?

The "insulator" between the magnet and spring is not an insulator.   It is a very flat 3 volt battery.   There are some that have been made recently that aren't much thicker than a few pieces of paper.   I don't believe he ever puts the voltmeter on the top and bottom of that "insulator" which would give away this trick.   Also the spring is clear coated outside in spots so it won't show voltage without the tube in place.

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2017-10-20, 06:09:28