PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 04:55:16
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Using the Earth's vector magnetic potential  (Read 95346 times)

Group: Moderator

Few people realize that we have available at the earth's surface a huge magnetic vector potential.  It is the small spatial non-uniformity of that vector potential (expressed as the vector Curl function) that we see as the well known Earth's magnetic field.

I believe this magnetic vector potential could be a useful resource so I have started this bench to see if it leads anywhere.  Here is a paper describing the magnetic vector potential and how movement through it leads to an electro-kinetic potential which can easily be as high as 1 kilovolt.  That you can get this high voltage simply from movement through space is something that has been overlooked for over 120 years.  More papers to follow with specific experimental schemes.

Smudge

OK here is paper number 2.  This uses drift velocity of conduction electrons to get electro-kinetic potential.  Another paper will deal with rotating discs.

Smudge

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear Cyril.

I have just looked at part two.

Could we use Co axial cable ? By stripping back the braid at the East and West ends leaving the straight sections braided ?

Is there an optimum separation gap ?

Just some initial thoughts.

Kind regards, Graham.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Ambassador

« Last Edit: 2017-01-07, 01:40:43 by Chet K »

Group: Professor

Everyman decries immorality
That you can get this high voltage simply from movement through space is something that has been overlooked for over 120 years.

Could we use Co axial cable ? By stripping back the braid at the East and West ends leaving the straight sections braided ?

From Smudge's first paper:

5. Closed paths and closed circuits.

It therefore makes sense to consider the presence of a “field” of those scalar values throughout space.  It is the math for this scalar “field” that cannot be challenged.  Such a “field” of scalar values is not true for (v.A) since its value at any point depends on the velocity of the observer.  If the observer is not moving there is no potential.   

And from the Introduction:

Note that 203 Weber/m is a huge value unlikely to be seen in a laboratory (to get an appreciation of this you would find that value of A field at the cylindrical surface of a huge fully-magnetized piece of iron that is 400m in diameter, 4km long and weighing 4 giga-tonnes!).  Surprisingly, few people are aware of this aspect of the Earth’s magnetism and little attention has been given to the possibility of employing this as a useful resource.

It's a very interesting experiment that would benefit from a comparison of the Earth sphere, and the relatively much smaller Iron cylinder models.

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Dear Cyril.

Kind regards, Graham.

The coaxial cable idea seems like a neat way to form the capacitor completely around the wire. Hopefully Smudge will chime in regarding it's efficacy. Should be easy to test.

This was a good refresher and addition to Smudge's 2016 paper on the subject. A good read, as always although my thick head struggles with the math and some of the concepts.

I can't help but think this is related to the Steve Mark TPU and the Hendershot device (cutting "East and West, as well as North and South") Hendershot remarked that his discovery was while researching to invent a better compass. Smudge remarks that if this works it would be a  compass working on a new principle.

Would such a device exhibit "stiction" in forced movement?

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Dear Cyril.

Kind regards, Graham.

Yes, using coax is a neat solution for an initial look-see.  From memory the capacitance of 50 ohm coax is about 20pF per foot so if you had a 1 ft straight section the two capacitors in series gives just 10pF as the branch connection.  That might be enough to detect something with an oscilloscope at sensible drive frequencies say up to 1MHz.   You could strip back the braid over small sections at each end of the curves, then use the braid on the curved portions for applying high DC potential so as to get surface electrons on those curved conductors that could flow at greater velocity.  That gives you another parameter to play with.  I'll knock up a sketch.

Smudge

Here's a sketch of the scheme using coax cable.  I have shown the use of toroidal cores to induce current into the closed loop at two places that are diametrically opposite, so as to ensure that you can't get direct induction into the load.  The resistors in the high DC voltage circuit are just high value isolation resistors.

Smudge

Buy me a cigar
Dear Cyril.

Many thanks for the diagram, some dimensions would help in the construction. Suitable length and width separation.

What sort of value is our DC HV ? And how smooth does it have to be?

I'll try to get something " knocked up " over the weekend.

Kind regards, Graham.

Dear Graham,

You need to be able to swing it around to look for a maximum when aligned E-W and a minimum (or zero) when aligned N-S.  So I imagine the straight section to be about 1 ft long, maybe up to 3 ft.  The distance between the straight sections is immaterial, so really that comes down to the ease of producing the curved sections passing through the toroidal cores.  The High voltage DC is something to try to see if it improves things, and I envision it going up to about 10KV if the gaps in the braiding are large enough to prevent sparking there.  It is purely a voltage that is needed, no current draw.  Again those gaps can be whatever is easiest, perhaps 1 inch.

Regards

Smudge

Buy me a cigar
Dear Cyril.

Many thanks for the extra info.  O0

I prefer the embodiment attached from your paper as it would be easier to apply. Any objections ?

Kind regards, Graham.

Copper is not the fastest conductor

Element            Molar iVolume      Conductivity
Compar. to Cu   [mol/m3 %Cu]     [S/m %Cu]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cesium             10%                      8%
Rubidium          13%                     14%
Potassium        16%                     24%
Radium             16%                      2%
Barium              18%                      5%
Strontium          21%                     13%
Europium          25%                      2%
Ytterbium          27%                      6%
Calcium             28%                     49%
Sodium             30%                     36%
Polonium          31%                      4%
Lanthanum       32%                      3%
Bismuth            33%                      1%
Praseodymium  34%                      2%
Cerium              34%                      2%
Neodymium      35%                      3%
Samarium         35%                      2%
Promethium      36%                      2%
Gadolinium       36%                      1%
Yttrium             36%                      3%
Thorium            36%                     11%
Terbium            37%                      1%
Dysprosium      37%                      2%
Holmium           38%                      2%
Erbium             39%                      2%
Lead                39%                      8%
Antimony          39%                      4%
Thulium            39%                      2%
Lutetium          40%                      3%
Thallium           41%                     11%
Phosphorus     42%                     17%
Tin                    44%                     15%
Indium              45%                     20%
Scandium          47%                      3%
Protactinium     47%                      9%
Mercury             48%                      2%
Zirconium          51%                      4%
Magnesium        51%                     39%
Hafnium             53%                      6%
Arsenic              54%                      6%
Cadmium           55%                     24%
Lithium              55%                     19%
Uranium            57%                      6%
Plutonium         58%                      1%
Gallium             60%                     12%
Neptunium       61%                      1%
Tantalum          66%                     13%
Niobium            66%                     11%
Titanium           67%                      4%
Silver                69%                    105%
Gold                 70%                     76%
Aluminum         71%                     64%
Tungsten         75%                     34%
Molybdenum    76%                     34%
Platinum          77%                     16%
Zinc                 78%                     29%
Rhenium          80%                      9%
Palladium         80%                     17%
Technetium      84%                      8%
Iridium             84%                     36%
Osmium           85%                     20%
Vanadium        85%                      8%
Rhodium          86%                     39%
Ruthenium       87%                     24%
Manganese     97%                      1%
Chromium        98%                     13%
Copper           100%                    100%
Iron                100%                     17%
Cobalt             108%                     29%
Nickel              108%                     24%
Beryllium         146%                     42%
« Last Edit: 2017-01-07, 18:28:37 by verpies »

The High voltage DC is something to try to see if it improves things, and I envision it going up to about 10KV if the gaps in the braiding are large enough to prevent sparking there.  It is purely a voltage that is needed, no current draw. 
So Grum can use his Wimshurst machine to pull the electrons to the surface

A side note, The "Boss" is neatening up the thread at OU.com so things can flow smoothly...

respectfully
Chet K

Which thread?

...but I see only your posts in this mirror thread and nothing to clean up. ???

Stefan removed all off topic comments already

Buy me a cigar
Dear Cyril.

I have just spotted the term " RF " in the diagram, what frequencies are we thinking about?

I have nothing capable of going over 1 MHz and if we're talking power it's a no go.

I'll wait upon your reply before getting on with any construction.

Kind regards, Graham.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I built Smudge's loop fastened to a 3 foot long by 5 inch wide piece of plywood with some old RG8/U shielded cable that I had on hand.

This stuff has 7x19 AWG strands for an inner wire of equivalent AWG 11 . and has a solid inner dielectric, not the newer foam type. This is old stock, most of the newer types have polyethylene foam dielectric.

The inner wire bundle should sustain plenty of current, so can be driven hard without melt through.

Now I have to add the RF drive transformer and HV supply and testing will begin.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Dear Graham,

IMO RF is anything over 50KHz and I don't envision going above 1MHz.  As a guy more concerned with things mechanical you might be more interested in my next paper published right here.  I think this has great possibilities since it appears you can get significant induced EK potential, and the frequencies will be much lower than 1MHz.  And you don't drive with RF, you drive an electric motor to get the movement.

Best Regards

Smudge

Well it seems Ion is ahead of Grumage in the build of my long loop, so maybe Grum could turn his attention to the rotating devices?

Smudge

Buy me a cigar
Dear Cyril.

Many thanks for your latest paper.  O0

As I was reading the resemblance to Innova Tehno 1943 was uncanny!

Now dear Verpies published a chart a few posts ago, what would be the ideal metal/metal combination ? From the pictures published on OU.Com it appears to be a Copper/Aluminium combo.

kind regards, Graham.

Everyman decries immorality
The Rotating Disk in the Earth's Field paper is interesting to me. An early technological direction I pursued was the Hydro Electro Lytic Pump (HELP), an infrastructure that could easily incorporate your work as the electronic driver, as it is a variation on the Tesla turbine.

In Smudge's model the electrical input energy to provide a rotational moment of a mass is purely dedicated to that task in air, developing a polarity differential across the disc, and a HV KV output at the disc rim largest at the Equator.

My HELP turbine technology uses a rotating opposing flat surface capacitor plate to electrolyse a liquid and cause liquid to gas phase change. This is at 90 degrees to Smudge's electrical gradient.

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Dear Graham,

I am not sure what the different metals do in the Innova Tehno thingy.  For looking into my ideas different metals are not required, so use whatever is most convenient.

Smudge

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 04:55:16