PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2017-07-22, 23:54:36
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rediscovering Zaev’s ferro-kessor  (Read 754 times)

Can anyone summarize the final result and where the thread went?

Hi Folks,

The thread at overunity.com Verpies referred to in his post #22 above deals with adding captured flyback energy to the input in an appropiate way to improve the efficiency of a motor, I am not sure where overunity expectation comes into picture.  Here is Luc's results:

http://overunity.com/16167/sharing-ideas-on-how-to-make-a-more-efficent-motor-using-flyback-moderated/msg476756/#msg476756   

However, the measured 10% improvement Luc received was limited by the fact that his comparison (unmodified) motor had only 1000 RPM due to lack of correct control circuit for it. See his and my consecutive posts under his post I linked above. 

Itsu also did tests, he may wish to chime in with his results.

Gyula

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Thanks Gyula

Well, 10% is certainly an improvement so probably it is patent worthy if all the contributors decided to go that way. Might be a good idea for LUC et al to do a patent search to see if there is any prior art.

Back to the topic I guess.

Regards

---------------------------
Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

Thanks, that is interesting design, but I not sure why you expect that it will be OU ?
(I haven't read all 59 pages)
I don't remember exactly but that thread had several offshoot threads and I think it started because someone wanted to recover the flyback energy of "back-EMF" from a motor.

I did not aim for OU but was helping them to recover the maximum energy stored in a coil into a capacitor (and measuring it).  This resulted in a slow rising current ramp in the inductor during its charging ...and fast falling current ramp during its discharging.

Such disproportionate inductor current waveforms are also mentioned in your paper (...as well as a cored coil) and that's why I thought it might be relevant.

P.S
The only unusual feature of this circuit is that L2 provides the gate drive voltage for Q3 (this transistor is responsible for resetting/discharging the "recovery capacitor" C2) so L2 takes away the need for a 2nd supply rail.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Verpies Quote:

P.S
The only unusual feature of this circuit is that L2 provides the gate drive voltage for Q3 (this transistor is responsible for resetting/discharging the "recovery capacitor" C2) so L2 takes away the need for a 2nd supply rail.

Very nice, a clever circuit design.  O0

Regards

Just because it has a patent application or is patented does not always mean it really works.

Some more words about negative resistance experiment.

(attached picture: S type negative resistance, region with negative resistance marked with red)

In order to use NR as energy source we can create very short pulse to enter into NR region and “try” be there as long as possible to gain energy as much as possible. This is why such setups always use very short pulses to power the circuit where NDR created (step-down flyback in this particular case).

It is convenient speak about this setup in terms of resistance and negative resistance. These are electronics abstraction terms used to hide actual complex physical process behind the scene. It is fine in standard electronics but usually not ok in case of OU device. We should always remember where negative resistance comes from and why.
In this case it’s just different implementation of same idea of CW hysteresis loop and gaining energy from ambient heat through manipulation of magnetic domains of the ferrite core.

BTW It is interesting that this process seems to be quite universal.
If we apply some force (or excitation) to media, nature try compensate our action. But speed of propagation(reaction) is limited by media’s properties. If our excitation is short enough, we can gain energy from the media reaction. Examples: electron avalanche in gas discharge, audio shock waves in metals, "radiant" battery chargers etc etc

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2017-07-22, 23:54:36