PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 19:51:28
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: What is Known about the TPU  (Read 441805 times)

Made another coil too with flat litz and copper.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvvsbrnpyau3o1p/IMG_20170808_064214.jpg?dl=0/

Will have fun with this one. I think some experimenting will be called for with the helical turn direction if we are to take on a thorough investigation. The video of yours reminded me of something I was told long ago, " you supply the heartbeat and let it breathe naturally". This has had me thinking for years and the 'anomaly' displayed may be the precursor, it was one of those 'aha' flashback moments.

@GK

I took your last photo and made a few comments as it is simpler then trying to explain in words.

We cannot take anything for granted. They may seem mundane during a complete frequency sweep but maybe not so mundane at the right frequency. Basically trying to eliminate potential bottlenecks.

So think of one completed ring as one kick potential or kick source. Then with more "identical" rings in parallel you will get more kicks and they will overlap somewhat because some will be slightly longer or shorter then others. It is in the parallel game that you will later increase amperage.

Pulsing the iron wire can be at its resonance point or the secondarys' resonance point. Or if sticking a magnet at the pulsed end, at the magnets possible resonance point. There are three choices.

Also, I would not have taped the secondary permanently on the iron ring since also playing the the turns numbers, more or less was the other variable. Imagine if the turns ratio could get the secondary and the primary to be both resonant at the same frequency.

We have a bad habit in our builds to neglect the true variables by putting them in fixed conditions that we decide in advance. If you cannot hunt the variables then the play is more like pot luck, fixed build has to work or it is not a good idea, when in reality you could be one small adjustment away from something worthwhile.

wattsup

---------------------------

Found the irf840 (last one), small heatsink and a few drivers. Connected the driver and a reservoir cap directly on the gate of the 840 in push pull configuration. I've not used the diode and resistor dt off enhancer as the gate gets taken to Vss through the driver. I hope this configuration is fast enough. I'll order some equivalent MOSFETs for future use. Input polarity is noted as it's likely inverse at present, requiring a high speed inverter to match the driver parameters.
I've more turns at present on my coil for experimenting, it's easier removing them if necessary.
Once the driver is built and tested I'll be ready to fire it up too.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Yes on the inverted driver. They make complimentary polarities and some of the drivers I have are 2 channel out of opposite polarities.
If you find the driver you want then request the company and request samples.
Here are the solid state relay board specifications.

And Magnacoaster build.

Found the irf840 (last one), small heatsink and a few drivers.
If necessary I can buy them here in Germany and send you as a donation for your good work. Best Norbert

If necessary I can buy them here in Germany and send you as a donation for your good work. Best Norbert

Thank you Norbert for your kind offer. I've not searched all the usual suppliers just yet so some may be available. The instant I saw obsolete it reminded me of the same with barium being made obsolete in magnets. I did wonder if a connection existed.

The driver smoked on power-up??? How inconsiderate of it, it's an SMD too making it fiddly. Glasses and clip-ons donned again so I can see the tiny thing. I have more left fortunately. This will have to wait until Tuesday now as I am most likely away for the weekend.
Irf7307PbF, these were recommended for the 810 and have served well enough in the past. Time will tell if they're up for the job.

GK, interesting find on the lower frequency pulsing. Its things like this that get missed and the game stops as a result. If it's an event of importance or some parasitic effect we'll find out as things unfurl.
@ Wattsup, the frequency sweep at default produced nothing spectacular, I guess interesting results will be obtained with a narrower bandwidth and a few Hertz jump. I know 'certain aspects of resonance' are knife edged if you know where to look. If this process is part of the conversation a ventilated work area is good for longevity. 21 MHz comes to mind if you understand my meaning.

Buy me a drink
@Szaxx,
The SSRB docs show different FETs and IGBTs that are closely compatible with that driver chip in the BOM.
http://www.ixysic.com/Products/IGBT-MOSFETDvr.htm?utm_source=All+About+Circuits+Members&utm_campaign=385a13936d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_08_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2565529c4b-385a13936d-266155541

Your chip burn could be low or high side problem?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-11, 20:38:20 by giantkiller »

@GK

1) Re your last video showing that heartbeat I gather the red trace was primary and yellow trace was the secondary. That was not clear.

2) Was a magnet in the loop?

Because there are a few people visiting this page and may be trying this at home and since it is only a two wire build, it will be logical to build several. Like your last one showing that anomaly, put it aside or don't change it. Try to replicate it with another build but leave that one as is for now. You touch it and it could take weeks before you hit it again. Remember SM said it took him a year to find the mix again.

So this effort would require several builds that could tag team each other so that as one effect is seen it can be kept while another is tried and advanced and so on. This way each level is covered.

Also, we need to determine via two identical builds if keeping the iron wire completely straight versus another with one loop will make a difference?

Maybe make a stand that can hold up a two foot iron wire at the ends and the center so you can wind the secondary easily with as many turns as you want.
So you hunt pulse the iron wire and now have your full length of secondary also scoped with only one turn over the iron wire, see the scope, add another turn, see the scope play with frequency and another turn. Also trying to slide those turns to different positions. Wider, thinner. It's all a play that starts with that secondary on that iron wire with more or less turns. If three turns at one frequency makes the same effect as 20 turns at another frequency?

I will start on it as well and make a few videos. What we need to completely understand is the effect of a pulse on the iron wire and if it shows distinct nodes that change position with frequency. Differences with and without a tuck magnet on the pulse end, on the other end, all these are some variables that could be played with.

All we are really looking for is a potential at volts and mA that could show some OU to start with. You could also tank the secondary with a 1N5819 or 1N5817 diode with a 3-5 volt LED across it and see the output that way instead of just scoping it. It you get to a level where the LED burns out, that's what we are looking for.

wattsup

Buy me a drink
@Watt
Muy importante!
That video was done before your physical configuration changes to the build.
The scope trace red is primary and yellow is secondary.
No magnet in test. Magnet didn't seem to matter at this stage.
That heartbeat is the start of resonant rise in a particular coil configuration.
I had gotten the resonant rise before and applied to other builds.
This is the waveform is that got me started in more diverse builds. It is the same waveforms from a previous build using my Heathkit 20mhz analog scope.
The event just appears when ever I incorporate iron wire in my builds. There seems to be no difficultly. I will continue with this latest build to achieve these waveforms once again. I am not discounting any validity of other's efforts here.The second scope shot is a high side switch.
The obvious can be missed when searching for the elusive.
The ring transformer picture has two 26 gauge spools. The white one is steel and copper windings.
And at that time I didn't have the higher speed equipment that I have now. There were two camps of information. One was high side switch and the other was low side. I remember being told that the high side permits a faster field collapse because of the charge having the path into ground. When the low side switch collapses the charge has to dissipate and is disconnected from ground. The discharge radiates outward trying to achieve balance thereby connecting with any equipment in the vicinity.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-14, 17:03:48 by giantkiller »

@ GK, the heartbeat anomaly, is this only present with a varying input frequency?
Re the driver, the n-type is a dead short so the smoke was imminent lol.
I've replaced the chip and will test each section before I connect it all together to make sure this one is good.
The comment on high/low side switch connection raised an eyebrow. If the supply is high voltage this potential will be on the coil at disconnection raising it's ambient voltage above ground for high side switching. If its low side then a direct path to ground is present. However, I'm using isolated power (batteries) so no ground connection exists and the scope is on batteries too. The power supply in reality should have bypass caps and RF snubbers on it's output so the ground current will flow independent of high/low side switching. Unless I'm missing a valid point somewhere in the mix.
I'm hopeful it'll work fine and be fast enough so I can catch up.

Buy me a drink
This build is following the specifications submitted by Wattsup previously of the two feet of iron wire, 1 turn loop with the Litz wire spaced winding but with a recent submission of using a straight build instead of a circular build. The pulse drive is 10vdc, 20% duty cycle to the FET switch which conducts a 12vdc supply through the winding. At this stage there are no coils but simply attennas, transmission and reception. There are no magnets in place yet either.
I used a straight of PVC for the mount. Nothing major to do to accomplish this. The ends are taped and the last half of the iron wire is not wound upon, just like the specifications call for. By removing the tape confine at the end of the iron wire(FE) and having a pre-cut length of Litz it is very easy to alter the windings. Which I have.
I accomplished two tests with this build so far. Both are low side switching. The first test is a Litz winding on the first half of the iron wire with a turn spacing of one inch. The second test is using a turn spacing of one half inch, twice the windings as before.
In both tests I pulsed the Litz windings and the iron wire. At 7200hz and lower I see the same signal format. That bump appears no matter what I do. It has a 3- 4 cycle ring down in all tests. This points to a possibility of two items: one, it is a property of iron wire or two it is a FET ring down.
I had, many years ago thrown this question out into the OU arena 'What if the anomaly is an amalgam of the two, a property of iron and the FET ring down?'
In 1996, stereo amplifiers were in there hayday of using FET amplifiers of which SM was involved.
Using Litz wire we get a very thin conductor with a lot of surface area. The surface area of wire has been discussed ad infinitum before. The ratio of Litz wire surface area to iron wire is huge. Go back a couple of my posts and you will see the Magnacoaster build is using Litz on his coil. One might think step up. But I contend it is using a very small conductor to increase the external field area and density. This would lend itself to a massively larger BEMF which would prefer to go to ground or in this case the iron wire since it is ferromagnetic. I refer to the voltage listing in the scope picture.

I hope this is informative and clearly stated.
Since this heartbeat( I believe this is it and the property the suggested build is presented for) is apparent I will use this to search for nodes along the iron wire run using destructive and non-destructive measuring methods stated in this thread also.

The yellow trace is the pulsed Litz wire run. The red trace is a scope probe laying adjacent to the build.

5 oscilloscopes, 5 signal generators, 3 multimeters, one marriage later I still pursue. I have fallen prey to the term so many assumed as 'allusive' as mentioned by SM. Maybe its not...
The iron wire holds the field just long enough to be interacted again by the FET ring down or the magnetic charge is still dissipating after the ring down . Maybe hysteresis is our friend.

Driving the Litz helical antenna sends a charge through its center pushing this energy on into the iron wire further and further with each pulse.

Next steps:
Node searching, high side switching, pulse the iron wire and scope the Litz(both directions), possibly move the Litz windings along the position of the iron wire.
Clarification of switching side: The switch remains at the place of the antenna where both wires are connected at the one end of the iron wire. This is the make/break point as per the previous specification. I am simply reversing polarity across the whole build. The SSRB boards are bidirectional.

As I suspected. The FET switch on the ground side produces a higher BEMF. The charge has a more difficult path to ground.

More to come...
« Last Edit: 2017-08-15, 19:08:03 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
@ GK, the heartbeat anomaly, is this only present with a varying input frequency?
Re the driver, the n-type is a dead short so the smoke was imminent lol.
I've replaced the chip and will test each section before I connect it all together to make sure this one is good.
The comment on high/low side switch connection raised an eyebrow. If the supply is high voltage this potential will be on the coil at disconnection raising it's ambient voltage above ground for high side switching. If its low side then a direct path to ground is present. However, I'm using isolated power (batteries) so no ground connection exists and the scope is on batteries too. The power supply in reality should have bypass caps and RF snubbers on it's output so the ground current will flow independent of high/low side switching. Unless I'm missing a valid point somewhere in the mix.
I'm hopeful it'll work fine and be fast enough so I can catch up.

When the low side switch cuts off the coil potential is floating. And we are concerned with the switching
off
. Where would the BEMF go? Back through the power supply to ground through the bypass cap. This would be a longer route. The iron is magnetic too and is not a flux path as in not circularly connected.
The only varying frequency is the FET ringing. But this is gone long before the beat shows up.

Like Wattsup said: We are at a point where the minimal build is more crucial. And you know you rang a bell there mentioning the batteries. My most impactive tests were with batteries. But my test equipment was plugged in. That environmental setup I had was at a previous place so I have no real reference to go back to. I am thinking bypass caps and snubbers are not what is wanted here. The resonant rise would never take place if the charge could get to ground quicker.

Buy me a drink
More documentation...

The displayed build was an alternative configuration to achieve the artifact.
This used lamp wire and special hardware and software engineered by JDO300 which I bought.
This was driven with two channels at 5ns apart. The configuration to capitalize on the artifact was never pursued to its fullest extent.
I had made two these coils and stood them side by side to raise the height of the artifact. This made it look similar to Don Smith's multi coil setup.

The back EMF would normally get discharged through the protection diode. The 840 has one and it'll only conduct if the voltage is high enough. My thoughts were on this possibly being another problem at higher power levels if it's conducting. A ringing choke circuit uses fast diodes in the switch but we're not using this method.
Thoughts on total disconnection seem to have brought up tubes, these being initially used, they don't suffer as semiconductors can.
You're seeing some effects so perhaps I'm thinking too much lol.

I couldn't see any output using a magnet too. What sensitivity is required to see this?
Ok on the artifact being another set-up, it does look impressive as it's something you'd not expect to see.

Buy me a drink
Now there are 4 of us who have seen this, maybe more but nobody else is speaking up. Safety in numbers though. I don't look like I am crazy anymore.
I have the tube experiment done too and yes the chamber rings afterwards also.
I will stick with this build to completion.
The gk4 had the largest but uncontrolled expression.
Ya know(expression of extreme ahha) the secondary action has to happen within the hysteresis curve of the first action. This why we see the artifact in such low frequencies using FE material, as in my case 7.2khz and below. This sounds like the secret to me, no?
I think so. The eclipsing frequencies that I harped on so much do just this in an Fe medium. Lower the Fe volume to enable better control of the artifact build up. The finesse is in competing with saturation.

As I bow to the audience they clamor for an encore...
« Last Edit: 2017-08-17, 01:30:34 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
Its always good to go back and review what others have stated.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! (Without back EMF suppression)
 By Don Smith
http://perpetualelectric.blogspot.com/2017/

Its always good to go back and review what others have stated.http://perpetualelectric.blogspot.com/2017/

Looking at the examples, bemf suppression isn't handled via a diode as standard, it's opposed which releases the energy in another form. This can be used as successful units (I guess) employ this release. With identical resonances in opposition I'd also expect to see high currents at the nodes.
This does sound familiar.

Buy me a drink
Not to detract from the current effort.
it's opposed which releases the energy in another form. This can be used as successful units (I guess) employ this release. With identical resonances in opposition I'd also expect to see high currents at the nodes.
This does sound familiar.

Don and Vlad state that the energy(the other magnetic field) comes out at a perpendicular angle, 90 degrees.
They also tout activity of a field within a field. This fits with what we are trying to see.
If you google 'Don Smith's Multicoil', click on the images. There are links that show the Kunel type builds but with opposing magnets applied. This fits with the Apartheid capacitor configuration. Look at the description under each link. Heavy into the physics of the charge storage which makes perfect sense.
Now comes the effort to tie this current effort to the partheid process. I believe they are closely related. Step one is to charge up then step two withdraw charge in a different way.
Because they all say you can not withdraw energy in the normal fashion. SM stated you connect to ground you lose the energy.
Don Smith also stated: 'I will not disclose how it works. I have shown in detail all the builds. Let them figure it out.' Then there are all the standard trained saying how it doesn't work because of a misrepresentation of Ohm's law. Interesting and gratifying at the same time.

With the Apartheid cap we have access to forces of differing angles instead of these being contained in an inaccessible place like the capacitor can.
And like Wattsup stated that we can then use two of the iron wire build next to each other. This would place nodes at certain places of the air based capacitance. This is not unlike a Tesla coil with the air based capacitor of the secondary potential from a ground reference.

And the coupe de grace is SM mentioned kicks and the Apartheid cap needs a kicker coil to start the process.

I just happen to have an Apartheid cap lying around. This one I had put the Tesla coil primary pancake on and kicker coils on each side.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-17, 20:43:42 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
Back to counting turns...
I currently have 24 turns, 1 every half inch. I marked the iron wire at 1 inch segments.
Here is spreadsheet for documenting. Sorry, xls type not allowable.

Not to detract from the current effort.
Don and Vlad state that the energy(the other magnetic field) comes out at a perpendicular angle, 90 degrees.
They also tout activity of a field within a field. This fits with what we are trying to see.
If you google 'Don Smith's Multicoil', click on the images. There are links that show the Kunel type builds but with opposing magnets applied. This fits with the Apartheid capacitor configuration. Look at the description under each link. Heavy into the physics of the charge storage which makes perfect sense.
Now comes the effort to tie this current effort to the partheid process. I believe they are closely related. Step one is to charge up then step two withdraw charge in a different way.
Because they all say you can not withdraw energy in the normal fashion. SM stated you connect to ground you lose the energy.
Don Smith also stated: 'I will not disclose how it works. I have shown in detail all the builds. Let them figure it out.' Then there are all the standard trained saying how it doesn't work because of a misrepresentation of Ohm's law. Interesting and gratifying at the same time.

With the Apartheid cap we have access to forces of differing angles instead of these being contained in an inaccessible place like the capacitor can.
And like Wattsup stated that we can then use two of the iron wire build next to each other. This would place nodes at certain places of the air based capacitance. This is not unlike a Tesla coil with the air based capacitor of the secondary potential from a ground reference.

And the coupe de grace is SM mentioned kicks and the Apartheid cap needs a kicker coil to start the process.

I just happen to have an Apartheid cap lying around. This one I had put the Tesla coil primary pancake on and kicker coils on each side.

I had noticed the few turns on one of the tpu's rings. This looked like a winding of a possible initiating kick coil. You see similar in electronic flash units for xenon tube firing around the exciter coil.
I have 28 turns of litz at present and have added a solid copper coil running parallel for monitoring. They both give the same results so far and hopefully will differ enough to notice, once the coil is matched to the required parameters.
On the switching circuit, do you have both high and low side switching?
I have also considered a pnpn semiconductor construct as in scr's using high speed transistors as this arrangement should give isolation. The voltage limit is a problem with high speed transistors and the supply may need switching too even though the construct can be operated with an off button of sorts.
The spreadsheet can't be opened at this end, which isn't helpful lol.

Buy me a drink
I had noticed the few turns on one of the tpu's rings. This looked like a winding of a possible initiating kick coil. You see similar in electronic flash units for xenon tube firing around the exciter coil.
I have 28 turns of litz at present and have added a solid copper coil running parallel for monitoring. They both give the same results so far and hopefully will differ enough to notice, once the coil is matched to the required parameters.
On the switching circuit, do you have both high and low side switching?
I have also considered a pnpn semiconductor construct as in scr's using high speed transistors as this arrangement should give isolation. The voltage limit is a problem with high speed transistors and the supply may need switching too even though the construct can be operated with an off button of sorts.
The spreadsheet can't be opened at this end, which isn't helpful lol.

I lowered my turns down to 20, I fire both the primary and secondary with 7200hz in phase same direction. I know this isnt in the prescription but I thought I would try. The secondary reads 164vpp with a 12vdc switched coil supply. I am lowering turns as I go. The vpp is starting to go up since the 24 turn test. I will continue removing turns. Some type of Apartheid cap integration still comes to mind in this setup.
My SSR boards are bidirectional and I have to switch the hi low config. Although I have thought about an H-bridge but I have to add in my 4th SSRB for that. Right now my setup is of three. Since everything is socketed I should have it in there anyway.

Correct on the spreadsheet. Here is zip.

@GK

Just to quickly chime in on the device photo you posted here;
http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=356.msg64410#msg64410

With SC looking at that photo we see the two primaries on each end placed vertical. That would be better if the primaries were horizontal or if that complete device was vertical so the primaries become horizontal. That way each part of the primary receives the same Earth bias at pulse off and the secondaries would be cloaked from the Earth bias since the winds are one on top of the other thus the lower winds will cloak the higher winds from the Earth bias. The thing is with SC, you can actually consider such things as viable cause and effects.

Lot's of stuff being thrown around so I won't express anything yet. Let me start this weekend with my own tests and possibly do a video to show the preliminary steps I was talking about.

OK, just as a side note about your present tests pulsing both the pri and sec at the same time. What could be put on the secondary side to offset the pulse timing slightly from that going to the primary? Remember we would talk about methods of producing delay components way back around 10 years ago? If the pulse hit the primary first, it would shift the nuclei on the secondary further left then just its ambient rebias position, then when the pulse hits the secondary it should produce a longer swing meaning much more voltage then you see now.

So what if you had two transistors, one base is pulsed direct and the other base has a small cap on it that delays the pulse rise to the base enough to produce a delay in between both pulses. So, could the yellow capacitors in the LTPU be used as a delay? There are two so in a four quadrant LTPU, the capacitors would go only on two of them. Hard to explain really but just thinking out loud to bring in a new angle to this. Just because you have one pulse, does not mean you use it as one pulse. Technically yes you would lose a bit on the delay but maybe there is a combo there that would produce an overall increase, more then simply pulsing them both at the same time.

wattsup

Buy me a drink
Look at the activity on that line tracer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7GHqw7d1No
Don repeatedly talks about the electron flipping. Spin Conveyance.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-19, 17:37:41 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
@Watt,
I refer to the picture of the parallel lamp wire http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=356.msg64387#msg64387.
Since both were copper there had to be a special dual pulse generator built where the timing was controlled by a PC. The reasoning is because the copper charge decayed at an incredible fast rate and to get in on it we needed to be very fast. But alas we could only see the small artifact. It was not large enough to work with at that time. The iron wire addition holds the field longer through hysteresis from saturation of the flux. Just preaching to the choir or anybody new who is lurking and catching up.
Delay the pulse rise to the secondary base
This will be my next step.

I will see if my freqgen can attempt that kind of delay.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-19, 20:29:29 by giantkiller »

Delay lines generally are coils. They could be contained within a ferrite core too. Remember the CIVIL from school. Capacitors, it's the current that leads and inductors it's the voltage.
 With inductors it looks like the voltage gets through before the current. This sounds familiar regarding the tpu lol.  Imagine the delay from a 4 Henry series choke, far too long for our purposes.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 19:51:28