PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 09:16:12
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tiangong-1 space station crashed in our backyard !  (Read 5099 times)
Group: Moderator

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Fun stuff here about the Chinese Tiangong-1 space station. which is due to reenter the Earth's atmosphere at any moment.
Tracking site: https://www.n2yo.com

The space station would fly pretty much over our house at 10:05 this morning. Cool stuff, even though it was raining.
I decided to go outside into the backyard and see if there was a break in the clouds, for a sun glint or something, maybe something to see, ya know.
Attached below is a screengrab of the expected trajectory. See that dot near Broken Arrow, that's us.
Well, a couple of years ago, I tried out FXGuru, a CGI App that overlays various animations over images on a cellphone camera.
On looking at that again, it's not just a random satellite shown crashing into the backyard and narrowly missing our cat MiniMe, it's Tiangong-1 !!!
FXGuru animation also attached.

All could have worked as a great April Fools joke, except it's all real !

---------------------------
ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Group: Experimentalist

Fun stuff here about the Chinese Tiangong-1 space station. which is due to reenter the Earth's atmosphere at any moment.
Tracking site: https://www.n2yo.com

The space station would fly pretty much over our house at 10:05 this morning. Cool stuff, even though it was raining.
I decided to go outside into the backyard and see if there was a break in the clouds, for a sun glint or something, maybe something to see, ya know.
Attached below is a screengrab of the expected trajectory. See that dot near Broken Arrow, that's us.
Well, a couple of years ago, I tried out FXGuru, a CGI App that overlays various animations over images on a cellphone camera.
On looking at that again, it's not just a random satellite shown crashing into the backyard and narrowly missing our cat MiniMe, it's Tiangong-1 !!!
FXGuru animation also attached.

All could have worked as a great April Fools joke, except it's all real !

Slider,

Are you kidding, did that thing really land in your backyard in Broken Arrow?  If so, why is it still intact including solar arrays after going thru atmospheric "re-entry"?  This is curious indeed!

Regards,
Pm 

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Would have been cool huh, i could use some slightly used solar panels.
It's at 154km height at the moment, 95 miles. Has actually gone up a little. Seems they are saying tonight for the actual re-entry, though with it bouncing about it could be any time.
It is really wacky though how that video was the first one I did with the App about 2 years ago and it turns out I was stood in the same place looking for a gap in the clouds today.

Group: Ambassador

they say its down
Seems it almost Winged Tahiti [62 miles off shore]

I did read somewhere the only person to actually ever get struck by Space junk was some woman jogger in 1997 in Oklahoma,
but it was just a flesh wound...

and Skylab Bits landed in Perth Australia in 1979 ??,[they sent NASA a 400.00 bill for cleaning up that mess ....Seems a bargain??

twas a good April 1st joke tho...

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Here's something. Some of these space object tracking sites don't track anything ! If we think about it, the course has been the same for usually several years, they know where it'll be, so what's shown for location will be correct, but exactly the same as it's been for years.
I checked back to look at the height above Earth and the site said 153km, slowly dropping. Refreshed the page and they said it had crashed in the Atlantic.

Am completely sure that the woman in Oklahoma was hit by a bong that fell out of a passing car  ;D
Our roads are that bad that probably 20% of the total sales of Ford F-150's are for us to be able to drive on them without wrecking.

Ah yes, Esperance was where lots of Skylab crashed in 1979. They have a museum of bits:
https://www.scienceweek.net.au/discovery-centres/wa/esperance-museum/
It's down in the bottom left of Australia. Head South East from Perth until 10 miles from the coast, then turn right at the dead kangaroo.

Buy me a beer

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Oooh that was good, thanks for the link.
I've no idea why it got so many thumbs down, unless of course folks were viewing on Apple Watch screens or something.
Wife and I satellite watch quite regularly in the Summer evenings, there's normally a 2hr or so
'window' after sunset for the Suns light to bounce off them. After that, it's a UFO, with its headlights on  8)

Buy me a beer
Oooh that was good, thanks for the link.
I've no idea why it got so many thumbs down, unless of course folks were viewing on Apple Watch screens or something.
Wife and I satellite watch quite regularly in the Summer evenings, there's normally a 2hr or so
'window' after sunset for the Suns light to bounce off them. After that, it's a UFO, with its headlights on  8)

Here in the mountains near Valencia, Spain, I quite often see the ISS and with binoculars you can see the solar panels ever since they made them bigger. It's the brightest thing in the sky in the summer months.

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
A little extra for this one.
I've got some music gear, for electronic dance type stuff and have had an interest since the early 90's. Haven't done much of anything for decades but.....the excellent backyard tracking video link from Mike and thinking about the whole idea of watching for the ISS, while sat in a lawnchair out there in Valencia gave a couple of ideas. I accidentally stumbled on 'Sputnik' a space station'y sound on the Korg X5DR module while randomly dinking about and that was that.

So with Tiangong now being 'Tiangone', here's a track recorded last night with that name.
A simple workflow with Audacity to record directly from the gear.
Style is ambient Drum&Bass.

Buy me a beer
A little extra for this one.
I've got some music gear, for electronic dance type stuff and have had an interest since the early 90's. Haven't done much of anything for decades but.....the excellent backyard tracking video link from Mike and thinking about the whole idea of watching for the ISS, while sat in a lawnchair out there in Valencia gave a couple of ideas. I accidentally stumbled on 'Sputnik' a space station'y sound on the Korg X5DR module while randomly dinking about and that was that.

So with Tiangong now being 'Tiangone', here's a track recorded last night with that name.
A simple workflow with Audacity to record directly from the gear.
Style is ambient Drum&Bass.

Nice one Mark O0 can I use that as my background music on a video :)

Regards

Mike 8)

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Sure  :)
Can't get a copyright issue if there's no samples of anything in there...DRM free !

this one is no joke

this planet can be a scary place   :D

Asteroid bigger than a football field and passed half the distance to the moon.

http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=143884

http://spaceweather.com/

"According to wikipedia, 2018 GE3 is the largest known asteroid to pass that close to Earth in observational history,"
« Last Edit: 2018-04-17, 01:16:16 by Chet K »

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Nice animation footage type thing there.

"one day prior" - we're fu *ahem* goosed if that keeps happening...no time for Bruce Willis to do anything !

UFO's are another thing that are often said to be the size of a football filed.
It'd be easier to see any of these things if they were the colour of grass and had goal posts at the ends of them.

No animation, actual video was taken by Michael Jager of Austria with his mini observatory
it passed half the distance to the moon a few days ago
nothing that big ever passed this close since they have been keeping track.

Snip
It was first observed on 14 April 2018, only one day prior to its sub-lunar close encounter with Earth at 0.50 LD (0.00128 AU) on 15 April 2018. It is the largest known asteroid to ever pass that close to Earth in observational history

Note LD reference above is "lunar distance to earth " scale ,a benchmark for asteroid proximity calculations [near miss stuff]
the AU is solar distance to earth scale [percentage thereof]
end snip

http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=143884

here is the orbit of GE3 2018

https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2018%20GE3&orb=1

maybe Elon could Buy it to park his car on....or sell it to Trump so he can put condos on it and a golf course.

scary place this universe ,sometimes we forget just how "personal" it can be
and then we get little reminders

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 09:16:12