PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 21:36:08
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A possible answer to a working TPU  (Read 3847 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
For all members.

I am starting this new thread as a form of placing what I think is a very real possibility  of a working TPU.

More time is needed to be spent on this, time which I do not have, so I am throwing this open to all to give input to what I have found and designed to date. The theory is sound, the problem is doing it in the right way.

Below is the basis of the current TPU, it is a cascaded boost circuit with current and voltage feed back into the coils from the magnetic loop. P1 is a type of class E transmitter feeding a carrier via a transformer coupling into the zero voltage part of  the loop, 180º from the tuning capacitor. Voltage and current comes from the cascade, P2 to P3 and on to P1, note the estimated voltages on the schematic and final feed voltage to the loop.

The loop is made of copper, 1/4” or 3/8” copper tube would be good but I expect at the low frequencies we will be running at (up to 30kHz “VLF” rf) the skin effect will not be great and a solid 4mm copper wire would be good. The total length of the circumference (including the coil of the transformer secondary), must be more than 1/8 of the wave length and less than 1/3, so as to have a fairly uniform circulating current in the loop. High voltage will be present at the Cr loop capacitor, where as at the feed point at 180º to the capacitor, the voltage will be near 0v.

The idea is to extract some of this current and voltage from around the loop, through magnetic induction into the coils. The a, b, and c coils will change polarity depending on whether the mosfets are on or off, but the a1, b1 and c1 coils will not. It is envisaged that the latter coils “1” are the ones that will gain current from the loop.

It is hopefully found that no feedback is needed, C3 and 4 will charge from internal feed back, the mosfet drain source diodes doing a dual function along with coil b to feed back into the capacitors.

There is no fixed frequency which has the magic, in my opinion, but I do believe we need to start with a clock frequency, the 4047 ic, pass it through a flip flop, 4013, to create an exact 50% duty, then divide this frequency into 3 phases of 120º apart. The 4017 ic is up to a X 10 divider of which we will use 3 with a down time between each so as the cascade works between each phase, the 3 phases will add up to the clock frequency between 0º and 360º.

I have the outputs going to buffered 4049's which drive my high voltage and current mosfets. It would be better to use dedicated mosfet drivers from this point on, but the mosfets I am using seem to work ok without. The IRFPC50 only needs a simple gate drive and is what I had on hand at the time. C2 in the schematic gives you the frequency range the 22k pot will give, from 100nF to 10pF will give low KHz to MHz. You can tune from dc to 3MHz with the 4047, but I would try to work from 30kHz to 300kHz (LF band) and tune the loop to the clock frequency, you can then play with the clock frequency to tune the whole TPU to run as required.

The output is DC with a spike from the down time between phases, now where have I heard that before!!!  I started out using iron as the loop, iron seems to stop the inter reaction, only use copper, it is probably because iron will cause the magnetic effect within the iron and not outside, a reaction is needed with the near field and not the internal field. One learns from one's mistakes, seems that maybe the aether will give up some energy within this near field which the coils will pick up and recycle.

Regards

Mike 8)
« Last Edit: 2018-11-02, 22:55:48 by Centraflow »

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Further documents.

This shows the clock signal and first phase.
First phase and second phase.

Regards

Mike 8)

PS. I only have a two channel scope, 3rd phase not shown.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-02, 23:01:57 by Centraflow »

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
More

The clock and harmonics, what  did Tesla say! the beauty of 3, 6, 9,  Think in terms of 3= 3rd subharmonic,(3 phases) 6= the clock frequency, 9= the 3rd harmonic of the clock.

I think this all comes together within the near field, magnetic field, within the confines of the magnetic loop.

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
I have had an e-mail from a person who has asked me about the coils, if they are bifilar or not.
The answer is yes but wired in series as I have shown with the red current arrows, they are additive, if not they would cancel their inductance.

I was also asked if the loop would transmit an RF. That is a good question, I think the answer is no, why? Because the coils are wound around the loop which would insulate any radiation, after all the idea is that the coils extract, through induction,the high circulating current, via the magnetic near field setup by the loop.

If tuned correctly, this is where we get a near in phase voltage and current ending up at the junction of a and a1, and where we extract our DC.

For all reading here, I will only reply to questions in this open thread when I do not know who I am talking to.

C3 is the start cap, C4 is for capturing any RF. C3 needs to have a reasonable capacity and low ESR. When you charge C3 you also charge C1 and C2 at the same time. When P1 switches on to start with all the coils charge, when P1 switches off, the discharge goes to the transformer on the loop, this is the kick start, the loop is now circulating current. P2 now switches on and off and some of that current is induced into the coils. Remember the coils are changing polarity but not current flow, as so the AC current in the loop adds through AC induction, to the coils. Real power is delivered from the cascade capacitor diode pairs, the reactive is turned into DC. This happens right down the cascade, the real power comes from the loop current at the end of the day, started when P1 switches off and produces the kick.

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
It has been a very busy 10 days, not all on this project, but the time spent has been well spent and rewarding.

First there will be an addition to the schematic "TPU cascade", a ferrite toroid is needed at the input so as to increase the overall inductance. Using a copper loop reduces the coil inductance to that of an air core, and at these low frequencies, 30KHz-300KHZ, 1. the mosfets suffer and 2. the voltage increase is not enough to activate the current loop.

I now have the loop working, the voltage is just short of 180v at the output, but the mosfets (600v 8A) last for only a minute, I think it is gate drive problems, and as so have ordered mosfet drivers from TI. They are SMD "sot23" and as so I am waiting for somes PCB adapters to arrive, I can flow solder them onto the adapters. (UCC27511A low side driver)
I hope this will solve the mosfet problem.

Please be careful you do not have and magnetic sensitive items near the loop, I erased my credit card and other cards which were within 2 feet of the loop, my computers are ok though.

I will update when I have the mosfet drivers working.

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
This is the cascade redraw schematic

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Here is the updated control board with the mosfet drivers.

I have left the 4049's as they help to regulate the duty to exactly the same for each phase, and not leave it only to the 4017 IC.

Still waiting for the SOT23 PCB proto adaptors to arrive, left Madrid by post on Monday ??? where as from TI in the USA, 3 days door to door with UPS :D

Regards

Mike 8)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I think that you have chosen a path well worth developing ,much as i have .

What was pointed out  at one point was that a push pull rotation was required for viable field interaction.

I know that it seems counterintuitive but it may be that a magnetic turbine type effect develops if one can create the initial environment  where the field in which we are emmersed is coaxed into the right shape to feed its self.
It seems less likely that tapping it in one direction would be effective in the long run as we have at least 3 directions to deal with

Early on in SM,s "revelations" he  referred to a video where a centrally placed compass woud spin very slowly at first then speed up ..then stop.

That video did not actually exist as far as I was able to establish .

Whatever the case ,misinfo or otherwise . The area of magnetic fields, their shape ,their interactive properties, are a fascination that must be linked to tpu's .

SM's info was never designed to give the game away but to enable the inquisitive minds of which there are a lot of here to experiment and inspire .

Some of those demo tpu's could not possibly contain complex circuits but that is not to say that they are not required to get to an operation point.
One person with whom i met personally had held it and said it was like a small spinning top and was all wire with very few components except for a visible capacitor .

If there is anything to take out of what was revealed  it would be that mag fields are at least 3 dimensional and precise control is required .
It may be that only 2 dimensions are required ...who knows?

You have established as did Partsman and afew others that we can create dc from the collector via the wrapped control coils . HUGE!

The trouble is that we are all working in dimm light, but isint that what learning is all about?

Thank you and all here for your efforts.

3D

Buy me a beer
I think that you have chosen a path well worth developing ,much as i have .

What was pointed out  at one point was that a push pull rotation was required for viable field interaction.

I know that it seems counterintuitive but it may be that a magnetic turbine type effect develops if one can create the initial environment  where the field in which we are emmersed is coaxed into the right shape to feed its self.
It seems less likely that tapping it in one direction would be effective in the long run as we have at least 3 directions to deal with

Early on in SM,s "revelations" he  referred to a video where a centrally placed compass woud spin very slowly at first then speed up ..then stop.

That video did not actually exist as far as I was able to establish .

Whatever the case ,misinfo or otherwise . The area of magnetic fields, their shape ,their interactive properties, are a fascination that must be linked to tpu's .

SM's info was never designed to give the game away but to enable the inquisitive minds of which there are a lot of here to experiment and inspire .

Some of those demo tpu's could not possibly contain complex circuits but that is not to say that they are not required to get to an operation point.
One person with whom i met personally had held it and said it was like a small spinning top and was all wire with very few components except for a visible capacitor .

If there is anything to take out of what was revealed  it would be that mag fields are at least 3 dimensional and precise control is required .
It may be that only 2 dimensions are required ...who knows?

You have established as did Partsman and afew others that we can create dc from the collector via the wrapped control coils . HUGE!

The trouble is that we are all working in dimm light, but isint that what learning is all about?

Thank you and all here for your efforts.

3D

Thank you for your kind comments, well appreciated, seems most sit back and wait for a working unit.

The movement I have found out seems to be formed by the inter reaction of three frequencies, base, 3rd and 9th harmonics, along with a magnetic material in the center of the toroid.

I have been running two parallel experiments of which one only is documented here.

I have found that a combination of frequencies in the past, on other work, has an effect of infinity, I am talking of breaking the water molecule.

It is not the frequency in particular, but the combination with the right spacing. For a TPU low frequencies are the best.

Enough said atm.

Thanks again

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
For the interest of all

https://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/demos.html

Regards

mike 8)

For the interest of all

https://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/demos.html

Regards

mike 8)

Great link Mike, thanks!

Pm

Buy me a beer
After a long time working on this I am giving an update on the STEAP TPU.

This has been changed to working on 1st, 3rd, and 9th harmonic frequencies, it is not the control board shown before which is a 3 phase board.

I have run out of time atm, I have a lot to do apart from this which has taken a long time to get to a basic working model. This is limited to an output of around 40w due to the fact there is no positive direct loop to the input, that still has to be worked out and is not an easy one.

Here is a link to me tuning the frequency, basically the 1st harmonic at the A mosfet. I am using a signal analyzer and when you see the kicks, that is the tuning point.

https://youtu.be/2S-ribNK41g

The input is a small 12v battery, the output is just over 160v into a 60w bulb, the input can't be measured as there is just too much RF at the battery even with caps and diode. A DMM shows voltages of anything between -3v to 4v!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when switching off the voltage shows around 80+v and then drops back to it's resting voltage, any ideas?

R1 is placed on the output so as when there is no load the voltage in the capacitor does not go above it's working voltage, over 600v without this.

I will try to answer questions as and when I have time

Regards

Mike 8)

Interesting Mike!  I would think that a 120vdc to 12vdc buck converter could be used in an attempt to maintain a charge on the 12v supply battery.  Many are presently available on Ebay however, I would never remove the battery at any point in time because to do so might result in a catastrophic runaway condition.

Pm

Buy me a beer
Interesting Mike!  I would think that a 120vdc to 12vdc buck converter could be used in an attempt to maintain a charge on the 12v supply battery.  Many are presently available on Ebay however, I would never remove the battery at any point in time because to do so might result in a catastrophic runaway condition.

Pm

Thanks, PM

As you know, I was using a 240v 25w bulb as a load at all times on my test circuits, well that blew in a spectacular way, like an old type camera flash, now using a 60w they are getting difficult to find these days.

Yes, a buck converter is what I was thinking but not sure if the RF is going to affect it :-\  was thinking of building my own on the output with another mosfet driven by the same gate signal as the "A" mosfet, together with a diode and inductor, the ground is common. The mosfets I'm using are good for 8A continuous or 12A peaks @ 600v, the problem is the duty cycle is fixed at 50% so will have to do something about that so as to control the voltage.

All needs time which atm I do not have much, off to France next Thursday for a week on top of everything else.

Regards

Mike 8)

PS I am sure it is all down to charge (capacitive) rotation within a magnetic field. The loop is a magnetic loop as in an antenna. :)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 21:36:08