PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-20, 10:47:50
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Work of Andrey Melnichenko  (Read 12668 times)
Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I think it would be valuable to explore the recent work and video posts of Melnichenko.  He has about 100 videos ( 6 months ago is latest and going back 2 years) all with the same theme of an iron core surrounded with two or three copper windings, the outer loosely fitted. The scope waveforms are interesting. He seems to be driving one of the windings with a transistor operating in the audio range, and the other may contain a half wave rectified AC source. Anyone else find this interesting?

The loose fitting of the inner and outer windings allows for some motional movement of the inner winding with iron core with respect to the outer winding(s). At first glance this smacks of something like a yfree or McFrey NMR or NAR device with the 1/2 wave rectification of AC mains providing a variable B field for the core while the high audio frequency pulses the core at NMR or NAR rate.

Am I wrongly interpreting this or is Melnichenko on to something more basic, as the frequencies don't seem right for NAR?

Is this just a loosely coupled switchmode driven core with captured flyback? In other videos he stresses the loose coupling or large magnetic gap.

Any additional info on why this guy has around 100 videos all trying to communicate some basic idea would be helpful.

The translator  feature works for the videos, but we need to translate his website.

To translate: closed captions>on then setup>autotranslate>english

Find the videos of Andrey Melnichenko here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtqI2EhN32Mvq7Wp5G9Vpg/videos

and his website here:

https://vk.com/id285085326

Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHhc0fAgghE (also shows scope waveforms)

In this particular video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B9A-gckiw0

He has both scope probes connected and traces seem to be overlaid. One of the pulses is very sharp, the other has a large area under the decay portion.

Comments welcome and any info helpful but stay on topic please.

Regards

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Experimentalist

Ion,

I might add that for those that are unaware, Melnichenko's videos are new enough to have closed captioning plus auto translation to any language.  The English translation is not the best and sometimes difficult to follow but it is better than nothing!

I have tried to "rip" the Russian text off the video and then Google translate it but can't seem to get it done.

Pm

Ion,

I might add that for those that are unaware, Melnichenko's videos are new enough to have closed captioning plus auto translation to any language.  The English translation is not the best and sometimes difficult to follow but it is better than nothing!

I have tried to "rip" the Russian text off the video and then Google translate it but can't seem to get it done.

Pm

PM
Thanks for the contribution of the attached file you translated. On closer inspection, this seems to be just a flyback capture scheme, unless the loose coupler has some merit. He makes some large claims for the device, but it is not easy to decipher, even with the translation. Anyone else have a guess?

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Looks like he published his basic circuit in a Russian magazine some time back. It seems to be a basic switchmode circuit where he absorbs the primary flyback with a lamp and may be lighting the lamp on the secondary with either the coupled flyback pulse or the forward pulse. No dots on the circuit so can't tell.

Maybe nothing new here except for the extremely loose coupling and large core gap (open ended)

He is putting in a very narrow pulse from the rectified 240V mains. Part of his method is the offsetting of the inner core, which he believes helps in some way.

At least his ampere measurement is well filtered, but I have not been able to find any rough input power measurements.

Scroll  way down his page to find the articles.

I'm going to try a sim of this circuit with a loosely coupled transformer.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-18, 03:48:59 by ion »

Here is the first (rough) cut at a sim, no power measurements.

Waveforms somewhat similar.

.asc file attached.

Ion,

This is your sim of Melnichenko's circuit with the addition of input and output power calcs.  The efficiency is quite high at 52.719/53.063 = .994.

Regards,
Pm

Here are some of Melnichenco's posts on his website that are translated into English. 

After reading some of these and pondering a bit on what he is saying, I would speculate that he is moving the bloch wall in the iron core using two tightly coupled windings that are offset from one another in regards to their electromagnetic center lines.  One winding would be a primary that is first conducting and then turned off and then the other winding or secondary would conduct via the collapsing field from the primary.  The centerline or bloch walls for these two windings are offset from each other and therefore would theoretically produce a moving wall.  An additional secondary placed outside this arrangement would/could be induced with the moving wall plus normal transformer induction. If this is the case, then the sim Ion posted above would have one winding with the polarity reversed.

Regards,
Pm

Edit:  The winding polarities shown in the original schematic are correct.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-19, 14:52:31 by partzman »

Dear pm

Thanks for translating those documents. Your hypothesis of the moving bloch wall is interesting.

Regarding your comment about polarities, were you talking about his original drawing (which has no polarities indicated) or my redraw for the sim in which for the secondary, I reasoned the polarities from best capture of the collapsing field, without any forward pulse conversion loss in the load?

Attached is a .pdf from a magazine article that probably should also be translated.

Hopefully Smudge will comment on this stuff.

Regards

Ion,

Attached is a pdf translation of the magazine article.  Not in the best format but at least readable!

Regards,
Pm

There are a few (6) new videos posted yesterday Dec 19, 2018 on his web page but not sure if he is re-posting some earlier stuff as I have not watched them all.

https://vk.com/id285085326

Can be watched on youtube with translator. Helps to play at half speed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtqI2EhN32Mvq7Wp5G9Vpg/videos

Seems to be using ferrite from TV flyback transformer for some tests.

Also implies he has received a patent?? (or maybe rejection)

At one point supply is 1.4 amps shown on meter, so if 220 Vin DC, that's 280 Watts in. He must be running far less than 220 Vin or his system is very lossy.

"The voltage of 220 volts is the most widespread in Russia".

http://russia-travel-guide.com/tips/electrical-outlets-russia.php ©Russia-Travel-Guide.com
« Last Edit: 2018-12-21, 01:52:55 by ion »

Group: Professor

I have looked at his web site using Googles translator.  I have compiled his early postings where he describes the functioning of his device.  I have left out all his other stuff.  Here is the compilation.
Smudge

I have looked at his web site using Googles translator.  I have compiled his early postings where he describes the functioning of his device.  I have left out all his other stuff.  Here is the compilation.
Smudge

Smudge
Thanks for the compilation. It seems after 6 months of nothing new, Melnichenko posted a flurry of videos.

He seems to be using a bridge rectifier off a Variac then feeding some large storage capacitors for Vin, so I was wrong to state 220 VDC, it would be more likely closer to the peak 1.414 x 220 or around 311 VDC assuming he turns the Variac all the way up. If it was all the way up, and measured current was 1.4 A, 435W would be the input power.

Lacking good power in / power out measurements and relying on the blinding brightness of the lamps, it is difficult to tell what is really going on here. Is Melnichenko blowing smoke?

Opinions?

Smudge
Thanks for the compilation. It seems after 6 months of nothing new, Melnichenko posted a flurry of videos.

He seems to be using a bridge rectifier off a Variac then feeding some large storage capacitors for Vin, so I was wrong to state 220 VDC, it would be more likely closer to the peak 1.414 x 220 or around 311 VDC assuming he turns the Variac all the way up. If it was all the way up, and measured current was 1.4 A, 435W would be the input power.

Lacking good power in / power out measurements and relying on the blinding brightness of the lamps, it is difficult to tell what is really going on here. Is Melnichenko blowing smoke?

Opinions?
Ion,

Actually, according to the translation Smudge provided, he did use a 100MHz scope in analyzing the waveforms (see 21st October 2016).  He alludes to the Poynting flow (MVP) as the source of the extra energy throughout his writings so.....?

In the 15th October 2016 statement he says-

"The effect depends on a number of coil sizes and the length of the core and the magnetizing
field strength. But there is always an increase when there is a picture of the magnetic field as
in the figure. It is important that the current be removed from the core only during the current
off phase of the first coil and during demagnetization -this reverse motion is called in the
technique. In this case, there is no demagnetization effect and all the accumulated energy in
the core just shoots extra electricity in a removable winding on the core ... Here’s such a very
obscenely technology. There are many technical varieties and options and you can even
immediately amplify the alternating current directly with a special tricky scheme inclusions."

This at least gives us the general timing of the device which is a good start.  The figure he refers to is attached below.

Regards,
Pm

Group: Guest
"The effect depends on a number of coil sizes and the length of the core and the magnetizing
field strength. But there is always an increase when there is a picture of the magnetic field as
in the figure. It is important that the current be removed from the core only during the current
off phase of the first coil and during demagnetization -this reverse motion is called in the
technique. In this case, there is no demagnetization effect and all the accumulated energy in
the core just shoots extra electricity in a removable winding on the core ... Here’s such a very
obscenely technology. There are many technical varieties and options and you can even
immediately amplify the alternating current directly with a special tricky scheme inclusions."

Sounds too good to be true for me ;)

Group: Guest
Andrei Melnichenko seems to attracting attention of many researchers. I would like to say a few words about him.

Melnichenko is a legendary person; he can be compared in many ways to Hector from EVGRAY.
He was one of the first people who talk about FE in late 1990 on Russian state TV and demonstrate RV-like setup with one phase motor.
The setup was running a fan from little 9v battery for several hours. I think he was the first from whom I heard about FE.
According to rumors he is former military engineer and he was threatened by KGB for attracting public attention for military technology.
He got different patents how to achieve OU, but as usual never give enough info to reproduce and never showed anything really OU publicly.
Even it was almost 20 years ago nobody replicated his devices and his claims continue to disturb minds of FE researchers including me.
There is an ”urban legend” that in 1995 Melnichenko was showing a device which was lighting 60W bulb from small 9v battery.
The device was using a coil with strange construction, it looks like a dumbbell and contained metallic shield.
In that days people on forums were thinking that this is same kind of shield or shorted turn and were comparing it to Tesla patent 433702.
It was also told that Melnichenko spend significant time to adjusting/selecting this shield or gap in it.  There are two drawings (see att. 1.jpg and 2.jpg) associated with this story.

Many people spent considerable time and effort trying replicate Melnichenko's devices without success.

Thanks so much to all especially Vlasik his long time following Melnichenko.

I find a curious resemblance in some of the Vlasik supplied drawings and the Cook device.

This statements rings a bell:

Thanks to F6FLT on OUdotcom, here is a translated pdf of Melnichenko's patent application.  There are no images!?

Regards,
Pm

Thanks for the document. I didn't know this was being discussed at OU.com

Thus far my experiments have been not even worthy of reporting. I have only been testing with a 50 volt power supply that limits at 500mA. This really needs to be tested with 300 to 400 volts input and very narrow pulses. Thus far I see no instance of OU as the energy balance between recovered primary and secondary seems to match up. e.g. as the secondary is removed, the primary soaks up the energy that priorly went to the secondary.

In the testing the spikes took out one channel of my TeK465 scope, but it is only a shaping capacitor on the input attenuator that shorted. That should be an easy fix.

One thing I noticed is best output on the secondary occurs when the cores are centered, not offset as Andrey teaches.

I'll do more and report in after the holidays.

Merry Christmas to all.

Group: Tech Wizard

Thanks to F6FLT on OUdotcom, here is a translated pdf of Melnichenko's patent application.  There are no images!?

Regards,
Pm

Hi Pm,

No there are no images, (or figures if you meant that). 

By the way, here are Melnichenko's other applications, none of them have figures:
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/searchResults?ST=singleline&locale=en_EP&submitted=true&DB=&query=MELNICHENKO+ANDREI+ANATOLIEVICH&Submit=Search   

Merry Christmas to you all!

Gyula

Attached is a file containing recent video links from Melnichenko over the past 4 weeks from today.  They are all capable of closed captioning and translation.

Regards,
Pm

I downloaded subtitles and had them translated by DeepL, but it's still incomprehensible.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Attached is a file containing recent video links from Melnichenko over the past 4 weeks from today.  They are all capable of closed captioning and translation.

Regards,
Pm

Thanks for putting that list together. Been a while since I looked at his site. Now, does anyone have an idea of what this guy is getting at?

A short summary of his basic idea would be nice, if anyone could conjure that up. His circuits are very simple so not too much going on there.

Even with auto translate, I have a hard time following him. He does make nice drawings though.

Thanks for putting that list together. Been a while since I looked at his site. Now, does anyone have an idea of what this guy is getting at?

A short summary of his basic idea would be nice, if anyone could conjure that up. His circuits are very simple so not too much going on there.

Even with auto translate, I have a hard time following him. He does make nice drawings though.

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I've been taking a look at this the past few days and my findings seemed relevant to this topic.

A magnetic core is a magnetic field concentrator. Magnetic fields that surround a core are concentrated in the core. Cores that have a better permeability have a more concentrating effect on the magnetic field. Metglas has the highest permeability of all since the relative permeability of vacuum/air is 1 and Metglas is 1,000,000.

If you have a magnetic field established outside of the magnetic core at a distance, i.e. there is a significant gap between the core and the windings, then that core is essentially invisible to the coil that generated the magnetic field and doesn't result in any load on that coil.

What Melnichenko is doing is generating a magnetic field in an electromagnet (coil) that is loosely coupled to a magnetic core. He is then using another coil wrapped tightly around that core to generate a current.

There is also the implication that he is blocking the current from flowing when in the magnetization phase i.e. when the magnetic field is being established (red area in graph below) and allowing it to flow during the demagnetization phase i.e. when the magnetic field collapses and inductive kickback occurs (green area in graph below).

Here is a circuit diagram that best describes what he is demonstrating in one of his videos:

This reminds me of the following Don Smith device:

In the above there is a changing magnetic field due to the periodic firing of the spark gap. The transformer core concentrates the magnetic field / flux and has a winding around it that provides the output.

I'm looking at this circuit on my bench right now and my initial findings are that this effect is something worth pursuing further. My setup is a large coil placed orthogonal to and situated a few millimetres from a large Metglas AMCC-1000 core which has a 10 turn winding of 2000-strand Litz wire. I've found that I can generate a current of up to 2 amps in the Litz winding using the external coil which is pulsed at 10% duty cycle at 1KHz. The waveforms I'm seeing look similar to the scope shots shown in Melnichenko's videos. There is a sharp peak and then a slow decline for each pulse.

I'm using a 0.1 ohm current shunt resistor (Bourns PWR220T-35-R100F) hooked up to a 1:1 BNC probe to determine the current flowing in the Litz wire.

Here is as scope shot showing what I described above. The yellow trace is the L1 coil showing the inductive spike and the green trace is the current probe showing current flowing in the Litz wire.

The current probe uses a 0.1 ohm current sensing resistor and the probe is set to 1:1 mode, so the green trace voltage should be divided by 0.1 to get the current according to I=V/R. Each division on the y-axis is 100mV, and the peak touches 2.5 (250mV) so I make that to be 2.5A (I=250/0.1).

Can you show us a picture of your device?

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-20, 10:47:50