PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 21:00:12
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Smudge's Halbach Motor  (Read 5519 times)

I had a theory that a weak ferrite magnet could momentarily flip it's polarity then return to it's original state.

Would you expand on this?

If it can be made to work at a reasonable scale, it would "blow the doors off" the magnet motor world.

Group: Moderator

.......It was also found that eddy currents can be generated within a magnet just like any other conductive material thus we can have a condition where attraction is negated by an induced field causing repulsion ie. Lenz Law.

And those conduction electrons are spin-polarized whereby they add to the magnetization.  So your eddy currents are themselves tiny magnets whirling around within the inter-atomic space.  Not only can they whirl around, they can be forced to one side when the magnet moves through the magnetic field of another magnet, so then you have a magnet that is stronger on one side than the other.  Can this wobbling about of the magnetism be used to create a magnet motor?

A magnet can also generate physical/electro-magnetic oscillations within itself under the right conditions so long as the impulse is much shorter in duration than it's own resonant frequency.

One physical oscillation is mechanical ringing (think tuning fork) induced by magnetostriction.  When I played around with metglas C cores looking into Bearden's MEG I discovered such a resonance on a lone C core.  That led me to the possibility that his MEG used such a resonance and I wrote a paper on it that I posted here
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3862.0;attach=33573

Regards

Smudge

Smudge
One physical oscillation is mechanical ringing (think tuning fork) induced by magnetostriction.  When I played around with metglas C cores looking into Bearden's MEG I discovered such a resonance on a lone C core.  That led me to the possibility that his MEG used such a resonance and I wrote a paper on it that I posted here
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3862.0;attach=33573

The tuning fork analogy is a good one and the oscillations can be physical in the material, the free electrons or the field at which point the line blurs between them. Like many I had this false notion that most of what I thought I saw was fixed. However as I learned more I came to understand the opposite is true and everything is fluid and dynamic. It's about creating the right conditions or qualities which allows oscillations to occur producing a dynamic condition.

This also relates to a "permanent electromagnet" which can act like a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. From my research it was rediscovered in the mid 1800's then shows up in many inventions by well known inventors. The permanent electromagnet was simply a variation on the notion of a permanent electron current or artificial form of super conduction. Once the current is started it does not cease until the circuit is broken thus it can act like a permanent magnet or an electromagnet.

It's really interesting stuff and there seems to be no end to what can be learned.

Regards
AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 21:00:12