PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-06, 11:23:25
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Layer Separated Coils  (Read 1313 times)
Group: Guest
I've taken this idea from a different topic to reduce the "off topic" possibilities:

For those who are interested in layer separated coils without having to wind each layer individually, I came up with an idea.

You can use a spool with pegs inserted into the sides with an additional slot cut in the ends, or you can also have your coil holder have pegs for the loop at each end of the spool. I've included a picture to explain the idea.

When reaching the end of the spool, you let the wire exit through the slot, go around the peg(bottom side first), then reenter the spool through the same slot, and continue winding. repeat the steps at each end, until your coil is done. The allows you to maintain tension, and keep the spool turning in the same direction(or you winding in the same direction) until the coil is done.

After completion is it important to mark the loops on the op of bottom side of the peg to prevent having to sort them later. Then you cut them, after cutting you end with layers like shown in the second picture. Alternating wound layers.

Even and odd layers will be wound opposite. To make your voltages work out, you will need to series the even layers together and separately series your odd layers together. After that, you can test how to connect the directional coils (odd layer coil/even layer coil) for the best benefit.

I can't say this has any benefit, but it allows for some interesting testing for anyone who wants to do so. I will be testing this after I acquire all the equipment needed. I'm going to wait for my purchase of a manual coil winder, just for sake of speed.

James

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-06, 11:23:25