PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-06, 09:23:54
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bismuth + Magnet energy device (?)  (Read 15213 times)
Group: Ambassador

Grum

No sinker molds around? [we call fishing weights sinkers]
orr how about Black powder 50 Cal molds [from the good ole days  :o]
Hmmm could we do an acronym for that? Good Ole Days .... no it doesn't work :o
In Mark's new language we would have to address those issues...? :D

Group: Professor

Well i haven't made the sphere,but i did attach a large neo to one of the bismuth ingots i received,and no temperature increase after 2 hour's :o lol.

Same result here - no temperature increase in the bismuth ingot noted after 5 minutes, 20 minutes, hours, then days.  Nada.
(Perhaps the spherical shape will make a difference? that I have not tested, and I do not have a sinker mold.)

Group: Ambassador

Physicsprof

perhaps the shape acts like a magnifying glass effect  ?

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear all.

A method I used many times when pattern making was to create a split mould from Dental plaster. You start by making a simple frame to act as a holder for the liquid plaster, pour some in and then sit the item to be copied, in this case a greased sphere into the centre to about half it's depth. The Dental plaster sets very rapidly and you will then have one half. You then need to create tapered indents into the surface to register the top half.  Grease the top surface and pour in a top layer of plaster slip to cover and leave to set.

Dental plaster once set and thoroughly dried can be used to cast even Aluminium parts, I know, I have done it many times. Bismuth, a pushover !! If you are really careful this single mould can be used over and over !!

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-06, 09:23:54