PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 12:18:22
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Magnetic Delay Lines  (Read 4658 times)

Group: Professor

In view of the possibilities offered by having appreciable time delay in the magnetic domain, I have opened this as an EM theory topic.  Creating delay along a core is quite simple involving a sequence of coils each shorted by a capacitor.

These magnetic delay lines have a unique feature in that their characteristic impedance is imaginary, E and H are in phase quadrature.  Such imaginary impedance lines don't generally appear in EM texts so their performance is little known.  Of significance to OU researchers is the fact that such a line terminated in a reactive impedance can exhibit a resistive input impedance, and more importantly the input resistance can be negative.  And as every OU researcher knows a negative resistance represents an energy source.  This leads to the possibility of an array of passive components being able to self-oscillate hence deliver free power.  Of course if this ever materialized the power must come from somewhere and that would be the atomic dipoles within the magnetic core.

Professor Turtur has suggested that a PM generator terminated with a capacitive load can free run, and while his initial simulation has been shown to not do so, adding magnetic delay can be theoretically shown to do just that, allow the generator to free run.

Bucking coils in a magnetic circuit where there is significant propagation delay between the two coils produces a clockwise flux v. current characteristic, hence could output more energy than is put in.  This would be of interest in creating OU flyback circuits.

AFAIK no one else has created deliberate time delay along a magnetic core so this thread will present some ideas and theories.

Smudge

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Interesting,  O0

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

OK here is the first paper, just a brief note on the idea for getting a lumped constant magnetic delay line and some early results showing that it is feasible.  This was previously posted on the "BEMF harvesting key to OU" thread where the subject of magnetic delay appeared.

Here is another paper applying classic transmission line theory to a magnetic delay line.  The surprising result is found that if the line is terminated with a reactance the input resistance can be negative.  Negative resistance is an energy source, so the possibility exists that a magnetic delay line is evidence that Professor Turtur's views on entraining zero point energy from aether is correct.

Here is another paper previously posted on that BEMF thread. This one analyzes the magnetic delay line in the magnetic domain and creates the equivalent circuit in that domain where the lumped components are all magnetic ones.  Dynamic analysis in the magnetic domain could be a separate subject, but for those who are not familiar with this we can create magnetic components that treat flux like current and mmf like voltage, and end up with magnetic "resistance" (actually reluctance) plus other equivalents like inductance and capacitance.  An alternative version treats rate-of-change of flux as current rather like Maxwell's displacement current in electrics.  Either way you end up with a magnetic circuit that can be solved in the frequency or time domains just like an electric circuit.

Gradually working through the files on my computer.  Here is another paper, this one looking into Professor Turtur's claim that a capacitively loaded PM generator can free run without any mechanical input.  The PM generator is dynamically analyzed to show this not to be true if there is no time delay in the magnetic domain.  However it is shown that a time delay in the magnetic path from rotating magnet to coil does produce OU characteristic and the possibility exists that a self running generator could be produced.  The conditions needed for this are given.

Here is some early work looking into introducing a magnetic delay between primary and secondary coils of a transformer, leading to the MDT (Magnetic Delay Transformer) concept.  This paper initiated some work carried out not by me but by someone else and paid for by a private company.  I do not have permission to publish that data but I will attempt to precis it in later posts.  The interesting feature here is that capacitively loading a transformer that has magnetic delay could produce OU and may even self oscillate.  Note that capacitive loading is also a feature of Professor Turtur's PM generator, and standard transmission line theory also predicts OU for lines with reactive characteristic impedance when terminated by a reactance.

And finally for the time being here is a paper looking at capacitive loading from a different perspective.  It reaches the surprising result that for sinusoidal flux a capacitor across a coil that is wound on a magnetic core creates a negative permeance (or for those who deal with magnetic reluctance, a negative reluctance), the flux v mmf graph is a straight line having negative slope.  Then the even more surprising result that if there is a magnetic delay between the coil and the point where we measure flux and mmf then that line becomes an ellipse that is traversed clockwise.  And a clockwise loop represents not an energy loss, but an energy gain.  This is easily deduced from simple consideration of of the phase vectors, we don't need complex transmission-line theory.

I hope you all enjoy all these papers and are encouraged to do your own experiments.

Smudge

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
From Smudge:

I hope you all enjoy all these papers and are encouraged to do your own experiments.

I certainly enjoy them so keep them coming. You have presented many interesting ideas to test, hope I can get to them all.

Kind Regards and Thanks !!

ION

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 12:18:22