PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-19, 23:25:27
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romero UK-Posting Old Vids  (Read 1055 times)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
It seems Romero is re-posting some of his old vids.

Is he lonely, reminiscing, hoping to raise the dead, about to leave this world...?

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Group: Mad Scientist

Hey Poynt
With the recent vids, he seems to make a point about the speedup by shorting the load coil. We went over this before and the effect would need to be tested first with the core coil pickup away from the rotor, then with the coil in place with no load, then light load and finally heavy load and work things out to see if there is any advantage.  just the core, coil not loaded, slows down the rotor vs not having the core near the rotor, but when the coil is loaded the core drag is minimized. Minimized more, the harder you load the coil even down to a dead short of the coil.

I remember several testing this, and the tests seem to have not proven that it could be looped.

If it did work, imagine if it were redesigned as a true motor should be, it may be a gem. Most of these open field type pulse motors are most likely pretty inefficient in comparison. so with all the possible inefficiencies, and still loop, then that gain should be very evident in a more eff design.

last I spoke to Romero was some years ago, said he had thyroid problems I believe. I told him about how selenium helped me, he tried and said it wasnt working for him. Or maybe it did and it took a bit of time. Dunno yet. But is good to see he is alive and hopefully well. ;)

Mags

Isn't a dead short coil an ideal , meaning : does not change resonant condition ?

Group: Mad Scientist

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-19, 23:25:27