PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-19, 10:11:04
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The electrolyser effect  (Read 1049 times)
Group: Moderator

I thought I would start a thread on electrolysers and share the many different kinds of units I have built and experimented with in the past...

1) The standard H2/O2 unit.
I built many different variations and geometries and maximum efficiency is found with large surface area's and low voltages. Hydrogen (+) comes off the (-)plate or cathode and Oxygen(-) comes off the (+)plate or anode. Note the gas always evolves on the zero plane where opposite charges merge, ie (+)hydrogen in water merges with the (-) charged plate transforming into a gas. This process is well know and maybe others can add to it...

2)Salt water clorinator electrolyser.
Rather than drop $1000 I built a salt water clorinator for my hot tub. I used stainless electrodes which electrolyse the NaCl (salt) in the water into Cl (chlorine) which oxidizes the organic matter and acts as a sanitizer. The NaCl becomes Cl to oxidize contaminates then reverts back into NaCl in a cyclical process. This removes the harsh chemical action/irritation of chlorine and bromine. Disclaimer, even though it is low voltage I always use an isolation transformer and a ground fault protection device (GFI) when electricity is anywhere near water.
It also leaves the water feeling silky smooth on the skin versus hard and acidic like chlorine or even bromine. I would definitely recommend it... think salt water hot spring ;).

3)Alkaline water electrolyser.
I also built my own alkaline water unit using stainless electrodes. It's very similar to a H2/O2 electrolyser only the hydrogen(+) moves towards the (-) plate through a water membrane leaving the water acidic. The OH(-) moves towards the (+) plate leaving the water alkaline. So the acidic water at the (-) plate is slowly drained off and can be used for disinfecting. The alkaline water at the (+) plate can be ingested to increase body PH reducing acidity known to cause health issues. Disclaimer, never ingest anything which has not been tested and a very high or low PH is harmful. Were looking for a PH around 8 (7 is neutral) to counteract acidic foods and water we ingest. I tested the domestic water PH at work today and it was very acidic at 5.5, which should be illegal because it's known to cause health issues. Have been thinking about designing a whole house water PH correction system as well.

On a side note... in my current experiments with Viktor Schaubergers devices I found it does in fact produce higher PH alkaline water. I did a little more research in the literature and found what Viktor called "Noble Water", claimed to have rejuvenating effects, was in fact negatively charged water having an excess of OH- ions. Viktor went on to say the best quality water came from high mountain, geospheric sources ie.(water from the Earth) which could be replicated using his devices.

4)Water electrolyser/battery.
In my experiments I noticed that because we have two oppositely charged plates in an electrolyte of water with limited conductivity the plates must retain a charge. That is, we can charge the plates in water then remove the source and the plates remain charged. The charges slowly dissipate however it is not linear.  An overpotential tends to bleed off quickly, then it levels off, then drops off rather slowly. So the obvious conclusion was to produce a rapid overpotential charging the plates, monitor the conduction period, then discharge the water capacitor though an inductor back to the source. This is true because the plates in the water are in fact a capacitor in every sense of the word so long as conduction can be controlled. There lies the trick, adding a control measure to something we generally take for granted as being naturally occurring or uncontrolled. It also begs the question... how many actually bothered to correlate/graph all the variables involved with charging two plates immersed in some water?. Source voltage, voltage drop, current flow, plate potential, plate differential, electrolyte current and electrolyte electric gradient. I mean if were going to bother doing an experiment then at the very least we should try to understand what's actually happening versus just guessing...

The proof, charge the electrodes of the electrolyser for X time period then using a DPDT relay switch each electrode to the plate of a capacitor... what happens?.

5)HHO... it's a horse well ridden and I'm not going to jump in at this point.

Regards
AC

« Last Edit: 2021-04-25, 05:58:06 by Allcanadian »

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Buy me some coffee
Hello.

So this will be my first post here in the OUR forum. I am currently working with electrolyser effects and other projects that involve water. I have been working with a specific field but per the rules of this forum Im unable to post much until all the information is complete and thoroughly gone through.  If what I believe the outcome to be is achieved I will have a better understanding of water memory and well theoretically a far more superior device than I have seen to date. Mind you this is not any attempt to out do anyone, only to add to the many amazing devices already in existence.  If you are still here I would love to engage in conversation with you and I can email more specifics so not to break the forum rules. I have spoken to Bob Boyce personally and although he is a very hard person to contact he gave me some information that I think you would like to have in your documents. I believe that water is the key to everything and I just cant quit researching everything that the good ole internet has to offer. I am also looking for a team of people to join me and a friend from South Africa.

"5)HHO... it's a horse well ridden and I'm not going to jump in at this point."

Regards.

Water is Key

With the pandemic striding on, it would be good to bear in mind working to generate O2 as the priority.

In due course, I'm sure such devices could be adapted back to traditional operation.

Buy me some coffee
With the pandemic striding on, it would be good to bear in mind working to generate O2 as the priority.

In due course, I'm sure such devices could be adapted back to traditional operation.

It is of the highest importance. I began my journey trying to find an alternative for my wife who is bed ridden and its become more than that now. If we look at just how dilapidated the trees are we need to literally give them a helping hand and take the burden of supplying the earth with our breath. I am currently working on a full spectrum device that will be built directly into homes. The hardest thing has been to get anyone to give two craps about anything other than being an influencer. 

Anyways there was a very interesting topic regarding Bob Boyces electrolyser, better know as The Water Smacker.  He stated that upon resetting the waters memory his friend who had one had placed it in his fridge and the next day he drank some of the water. He stated that the water had a citrus flavor and that the water was placed next to the orange juice in his fridge. I had the ability to get into contact with Mr. Boyce and he confirmed this phenomenon. I have began my own testing but will need some time to run other experiments before I can run this specific test. The reason I bring this up is because we know that the entire world is made up of water in some form or another. If we can successfully reform water to its original operating state then could we not do the same for the atmosphere, Therefore reinstating the air quality to before it was messed up.

I am nothing more than a novice in all of this. I have spent the last 5 years learning electrical engineering and My entire basis revolves around water. I believe that if we can successfully incorporate specific features into our home building plans that we can literally improve the quality of life by a long shot.  I have a very long way to go but coupled with my first line of career choice of becoming an architect If this thread does not pick up I will open a new thread. Im just getting used to the rules and way this forum works. So until then.

Regards.

Water is Key

Interesting post, AW. I wonder if the way to go for your wife is an oxygen concentrator, which seem to use zeolite to absorb N2, leaving a cylinder of air which has become massively enriched with o2. The idea seems achievable with two small cylinders, a compressor, a couple of valves, sundry plumber's supplies and a couple of handfuls of the right type of zeolite (which recycles).

Bob Boyce does appear to be the "pope" of water fracturing, as his entry in chapter 10 of Patrick's book confirms - along with David Lawton. But one ends up with h2 and o2 essentially mixed. Since the o2 molecule is so much bigger than the h2 molecule, it ought to be possible to separate them with some sort of semi permeable membrane. But which?

Buy me some coffee
Interesting post, AW. I wonder if the way to go for your wife is an oxygen concentrator, which seem to use zeolite to absorb N2, leaving a cylinder of air which has become massively enriched with o2. The idea seems achievable with two small cylinders, a compressor, a couple of valves, sundry plumber's supplies and a couple of handfuls of the right type of zeolite (which recycles).

I am currently designing a hyperbolic chamber from my neighbors old LG fridge. I can use many of the parts that exist already. I have a few arduinos laying around where I can redirect the controls and then I plan on connecting a tonal frequency generator. The hydrogen and oxygen will be ran through a few filters and the hydrogen will be mixed to a small ratio (don't know that info just yet) with the oxygen (Divers use a specific ratio)  I will be able to control both the temp and the atmospheric pressure (extremely low pressure controlled with a blow off switch and controlled from the inside) The Riffe machine utilized quite a few different methods when treating patients. But 30 min a day and I believe I can turn things around real quick.

Bob Boyce does appear to be the "pope" of water fracturing, as his entry in chapter 10 of Patrick's book confirms - along with David Lawton. But one ends up with h2 and o2 essentially mixed. Since the o2 molecule is so much bigger than the h2 molecule, it ought to be possible to separate them with some sort of semi permeable membrane. But which?

I have been working with a few different mediums with my membrane. One being the tightest screens that I can get from screen printing clothes. I used to work at a screen printing shop so I had scraps. The other is the polypropylene alcohol. But I found something quite interesting with Chitosan, it is used in strengthening fabric for longevity and I believe that I can control the size of the material. Im just learning of it so I can keep posted. This could not only work in PEM cells but it will also work in the application in which we speak of with Mr. Boyce.
I also believe that this device that I am referencing above, the Hyperbolic chamber....I believe that it could be used as a generator and I have been working out the details in building the system in my hypothetical house in the forest. LOL. So this leads me to working on clean energy storage systems. Something that powers like a battery but lasts like a super-capacitor. Oh and cleaner than Lithium or Lead Acid. Something that will perpetually be charging and discharging. This device could in theory even be linked up to our vehicles and could receive the energy produced by the wheels turning while out doing errands. I would love to open source everything I've been doing but "free energy" haters are not something I am willing to deal with. Plus everything is in theoretical phase atm.

Water is Key

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-19, 10:11:04