PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 19:19:31
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Discrete time crystals  (Read 713 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
                        Discrete-time crystals (DTCs)
                 and power generators such as the TPU

DTCs are very complex physical systems and there is still much to learn about their unusual properties. Just as a standard spatial crystal breaks space-translational symmetry because its structure is not the same everywhere in space, DTCs break a clear time-translational symmetry because, when periodically "shaken", their structure changes with each " push".

You can think of it as a parent pushing a child on a swing in a playground. Normally, the parent pushes the child, the child swings back, and the parent pushes him again. In physics, this is a fairly simple system. But if there were several swings in the same playground, and if the children were holding hands, the system would become much more complex, and much more interesting and less obvious behaviors could emerge. A  DTC is one of those behaviors, in which the atoms, acting as oscillations, only "return" every second, or third push, for example.

The TPU and other similar generators seem to use this type of phenomenon, where the frequency of the push for each connected part is different but they are all connected. The sums of the reactions are not the same sum of the action within this overall timing domain, greater outputs than inputs can be seen.

Using a computer simulation, researchers studied many interacting spins, such as children on swings, under the action of a periodic magnetic field, such as the parent pushing the swing, using classical Hamilton dynamics. The resulting dynamics clearly and neatly showed the properties of pre-thermal DTCs: for a long time, the magnetization of the system oscillates with a longer period than that of the drive.

I will leave this open to discussion on this thread, I’m sure the likes of Itsu and Verpies among others will find the topic interesting in relation to other threads.

Regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Here is a paper for your perusal :)

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Here's a little time-structure tid bit:

Menthol is levorotatory; polarity of light which passes through it is rotated to the left.  On the other hand, sugar is dextrorotatory; light's polarity rotates to the right.  Sugar decreases the density of time, while the presence of menthol increases the density of time.  So these two molecules, in close proximity, might well produce a type of time dipole.  Then, a number of time dipoles could be arranged geometrically so that the interactions would be time varying.

Buy me a beer
Excellent Jerry

Regards

Mike 8)

8)

I might also mention that Dr. Kozyrev was subsequently arrested by the Soviet authorities and suffered quite a long period of incarceration.  But all of this is coming into the mainstream now, and won't be so easily suppressed.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 19:19:31