PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 15:09:39
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Electromagnetic Archimed's screw  (Read 10034 times)

Group: Professor

Hi F6FLT,
No but elsewhere on this forum I suggested the TPU did this with the bunches driven round the loop at great speed acting like magnetic poles moving at great speed.  Then I offered the suggestion that movement through the Earth's scalar magnetic potential could conjure up forces.
Smudge

Group: Experimentalist

Hi F6FLT,
No but elsewhere on this forum I suggested the TPU did this with the bunches driven round the loop at great speed acting like magnetic poles moving at great speed.  Then I offered the suggestion that movement through the Earth's scalar magnetic potential could conjure up forces.
Smudge

I share this view about a force through the Earth's scalar magnetic potential (but weak, measurable?).

I found a new type of homopolar generator, very simple and very different from the Faraday disc on two main points, giving about half the voltage with the same magnet, and whose best explanation could be the electron spin in a magnetic gradient. Surprisingly, I found nothing about this kind of device, as if it was unknown. I need searching and testing more before I present it here.
The "electronic spin in a magnetic gradient" is therefore a hot topic for me, all informations are welcome. Thanks for your answer.

---------------------------
"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I share this view about a force through the Earth's scalar magnetic potential (but weak, measurable?).

I found a new type of homopolar generator, very simple and very different from the Faraday disc on two main points, giving about half the voltage with the same magnet, and whose best explanation could be the electron spin in a magnetic gradient. Surprisingly, I found nothing about this kind of device, as if it was unknown. I need searching and testing more before I present it here.
The "electronic spin in a magnetic gradient" is therefore a hot topic for me, all informations are welcome. Thanks for your answer.

Here is one that is interested in what you have found :)

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Here is one that is interested in what you have found :)

Thanks for your interest, Ion. I will prepare the subject.

The "electronic spin in a magnetic gradient" is therefore a hot topic for me, all informations are welcome.
As I see it if you have a rod of a ferromagnetic conductor (such as Fe) that has a longitudinal B field with a gadient, the conduction electrons will all be either spin up or spin down (i.e. none will be spin sideways).  With the dipole moment of each electron being uB (the Bohr magneton) each will endure a force Fx=uB.dBx/dx.  If there are more spin ups than spin downs then there will be a migration or a current flow.  If the rod is saturated so that there are no spin downs but still has an applied field gradient the force will be equivalent to an electric field of magnitude (uB/e).dBx/dx.  An increase in field of 1 Tesla above the saturation level from one end of the rod to the other will be equivalent to an applied voltage of 58 microvolts across the rod.  Of course whether that results in a current flow depends on whether there is an external circuit connected, otherwise it just means that the rod gets more electrons gathered at one end than at the other.  I have already suggested that an Fe etched to form an array of triangular shapes acting as flux concentrators can be connected in series to make a magnetic battery.
Smudge

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
As I see it if you have a rod of a ferromagnetic conductor (such as Fe) that has a longitudinal B field with a gadient, the conduction electrons will all be either spin up or spin down (i.e. none will be spin sideways).  With the dipole moment of each electron being uB (the Bohr magneton) each will endure a force Fx=uB.dBx/dx.  If there are more spin ups than spin downs then there will be a migration or a current flow.  If the rod is saturated so that there are no spin downs but still has an applied field gradient the force will be equivalent to an electric field of magnitude (uB/e).dBx/dx.  An increase in field of 1 Tesla above the saturation level from one end of the rod to the other will be equivalent to an applied voltage of 58 microvolts across the rod.  Of course whether that results in a current flow depends on whether there is an external circuit connected, otherwise it just means that the rod gets more electrons gathered at one end than at the other.  I have already suggested that an Fe etched to form an array of triangular shapes acting as flux concentrators can be connected in series to make a magnetic battery.
Smudge

What you write is interesting to me as the SM large 17inch TPU v1 (1996 ver)  uses heavy gauge iron wire around it's outside diameter. This is possibly wound over the top of vertical toroidal winds, such that it only contacts the outer portion of the vertical winds. Lets consider what effect this might have.

Regarding your magnetic battery idea, I did test this using mumetal foil pieces but could not detect an emf even with a very sensitive Kiethley uVolt meter. Maybe we need to modify the experiment.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Smudge

It's interesting but I realize that this can't be the explanation of my homopolar generator which outputs hundreds of mV instead of tens of µV.
I simply forgot that both spin produce opposing effects. Or could it be that in ferromagnetic metals under a magnetic field, the difference between spin-up and spin-down electrons would be augmented?

It's interesting but I realize that this can't be the explanation of my homopolar generator which outputs hundreds of mV instead of tens of µV.
That 10's of µV applies to plain electron dragging by a non uniform field, it does not apply to the cylindrical homopolar generator which uses v X B.
I simply forgot that both spin produce opposing effects. Or could it be that in ferromagnetic metals under a magnetic field, the difference between spin-up and spin-down electrons would be augmented?
Exactly what happens and that augmentation is called spin polarization.  I'll dig out the formula relating magnetization to spin polarization.
Smudge

That 10's of µV applies to plain electron dragging by a non uniform field, it does not apply to the cylindrical homopolar generator which uses v X B.Exactly what happens and that augmentation is called spin polarization.  I'll dig out the formula relating magnetization to spin polarization.
Smudge

My generator is not based on the principle of the cylindrical homopolar generator. In this case, the voltage should be proportional to the diameter. But when the sliding contact is at the end of the axis instead of the cylinder surface, the same voltage is observed. I did the test with an axis terminated by a cone whose tip engaged in a curved support.
And the voltage is 50% that of a Faraday disc the size of the magnet instead of about 5% that it should be, because the diameter of the axis is 5.5% of the diameter of the disc / magnet.

Hi All
Have any of you tried to use piezoelectric materials in magnetic fields, in order to use Lorentz force in dielectrics due to the mechanical displacement of charges?

Hi All
Have any of you tried to use piezoelectric materials in magnetic fields, in order to use Lorentz force in dielectrics due to the mechanical displacement of charges?
Only to cause NAR or permeability modulation by compression waves in ferrites.

What means "NAR"?

Group: Ambassador

Nuclear Acoustic Resonance

was making me itchy that you received no answer !

Nuclear Acoustic Resonance

was making me itchy that you received no answer !

Thanks, Chet!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 15:09:39