PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 07:16:05
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Steorns December 2009 Demo  (Read 98115 times)

@vpo20
I am planning to describe here soon the orbo motor operation and reveal where energy is taken from. I have it modelled in MicroCAP 9 using magnetic core model.
ORBO is clearly not an overunity watch this space for explanation.
For me a dream of overunity is still alive but some people turn it into sort of religion and become offended when I am used to explain why it clearly will not work. I am apply only physics, no personal remarks even there is some indication of fraud. I use to point out where the source of energy may be concealed.

I have no doubt that you can give us a million reasons why the orbo cannot work, milehigh has posted many pages in reference to why it cannot work and in fact any ordinary person can. Before you post your criticism's you may want to read the title of this forum-----"Overunity Research"----- this would seem to imply we are here in this forum to research overunity yet this forum is more often than not nothing more than the "Critics Corner". I wonder why nobody is willing to offer a single reason as to how it could work? If this is in fact an overunity research forum then why is there literally no debate as to how or why the orbo could work?---I find this very odd. It should be obvious that any ordinary unskilled random person off the street can give reasons why the orbo cannot work but how many here can give me one single reason how it can work? This is not so easy is it? Criticism is a fools game anybody can play but providing real answers to what seems like impossible questions this is not so easy as it requires a great deal of knowledge and understanding.
So tell me, can you think of even one single reason as to why the orbo could really work as claimed by Steorn---anybody?
Regards
AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
The Orbo motor DOES work as a motor, there is no debate about that.

The only question left to be answered is: Does it produce more total output energy than it consumes?

I think even you will concede AC, that Steorn has not yet provided solid proof one way or the other.

If or until that time arrives, I think folks are entitled to analyze and theorize if they wish; skeptics and supporters alike.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

@Poynt99
I think even you will concede AC, that Steorn has not yet provided solid proof one way or the other.
"Even I would concede", LOL, I think Steorn has not shown any proof one way or another but that does not mean they lack substance. I think many people believe I am something I am not, I am not a defender of OU in fact I do not believe in overunity--how could any credible engineer believe you can create something from nothing? As well I am not in the habit of defending anyone, if a person has a point to make and I believe it has merit I will offer my perspective but this does not mean I believe all that they have to say. If I see someone peddling the same old BS and stating this is the way it is and there is no other possible way then I will correct them if needed :).

If or until that time arrives, I think folks are entitled to analyze and theorize if they wish; skeptics and supporters alike.
I would agree completely, the wide range of perspectives and knowledge is what makes these forums such a nice place to visit however I think that sometimes this freedom can be taken too far when one perspective overwhelm's all others.
Regards
AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

I would agree completely, the wide range of perspectives and knowledge is what makes these forums such a nice place to visit however I think that sometimes this freedom can be taken too far when one perspective overwhelm's all others.
Regards
AC

That's one reason I'm glad you're here AC ;)

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
BTW: Congrats to ION for being the first person, after three pages of postings on OU, to read the Bedini ammeter correctly.

WaveWatcher:

I haven't posted anything about the ammeter. Please clarify

Regards........ION

p.s.  I really believe with, all his instrumentation, he could dig up a more sensitive ammeter than the one in the video....

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

I saw that message at OU too.

It's a different username, i.e i0n or similar.

Group: Guest
AC:

Why don't you post the same question on OU because your question should be answered by contributors there also.  Stefan guessed that the magnet was the source of the energy, go figure.  That's what Sean says.  I rebutted his speculation that there is a magic injection of extra energy from the magnet and there was no reply from anybody.  Would like to see some fresh ideas.  When in doubt, build.

All:

I looked at the other two new Bedini clips.  Just to point out the obvious:  Between the three clips he makes a halfhearted claim that his pulse motor runs on no energy about ten times.  I groaned and I assume even the diehards around here don't take him seriously.  At the same time, I assume that some watched his clips with starry eyes, whereas I cringed.  I could do a break-down on his three clips but it wouldn't be pretty.  It smells like Bedini wants to kick the competition off of his turf - a free energy ice-cream war.

Bring it on Sean!  I heard a rumor it was leprechauns.  muhahahaa

MileHigh

BTW: Congrats to ION for being the first person, after three pages of postings on OU, to read the Bedini ammeter correctly.

WaveWatcher:

I haven't posted anything about the ammeter. Please clarify

Regards........ION

p.s.  I really believe with, all his instrumentation, he could dig up a more sensitive ammeter than the one in the video....

.99 is probably correct - some variation of your handle maybe.

Yes, amazing. Zero to 5 amp scale... I thought my eyes were going bad. I guess he is used to high output power.  :o

Hi Gang,

Easy to tell if ORBO is OU, just put a little AAA battery of same design in there and then monitor voltage with a X.XXX DVM good to 1 mv and let it run.  The AAA would just speed up the process but actually monitoring the D cell over time to 1 mv would show the proof in the pudding....There is also a very simple circuit that with a mv or ua meter will show the same thing quickly!

I have 4 different meters that could do that,

Respectfully

Ben

Hi Ben, good to have you with us!

I hope the Orbo thing can be properly measured and put to bed soon, one way or the other.

I will discuss some Paul Lowrance issues related to Steorn:

1.  The jury issue:

How can the jury say what they said when they never even saw the Orbo?

Whatever allegations are being made by one jury member and whether they are true or not there is a question that must be asked before Paul's question is asked.

If you believe that the jury never saw the Orbo then what was Steorn doing?  They arranged for a jury to show them the Orbo.  This dragged on for two years.  It makes no sense at all.  As a reminder, the jury came out and stated that they did not see any excess energy production by the Orbo.  It does not smell right with respect to Steorn first and foremost.

2. What's going on with the magnetocaloric effect?

I did some reading and here is the Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_refrigeration

In that part of the overall refrigeration process, a decrease in the strength of an externally applied magnetic field allows the magnetic domains of a chosen (magnetocaloric) material to become disoriented from the magnetic field by the agitating action of the thermal energy (phonons) present in the material. If the material is isolated so that no energy is allowed to (re)migrate into the material during this time, i.e., an adiabatic process, the temperature drops as the domains absorb the thermal energy to perform their reorientation.

In plain English first you magnetize a material by wrapping a coil around it and you keep the DC current on.  This actually causes the material to heat up due to the magnetocaloric effect.  When you reduce the magnetic field to zero, the material will then cool back down.  We have all felt our hands get cold when using a can of compressed air.  That's a similar process where the heat energy is "sucked out" of your hand and is used to boil the liquefied gas.  In the magnetic material's case the heat energy is used to re-randomize the magnetic domains.  So in effect, the process of the randomizing magnetic domains is "sucking heat" out of the material itself.

This is somewhat counter-intuitive but you can think of it like this:  For a magnetic domain to fall out of alignment with its neighbours, it has to be "hit" with a pulse of heat energy.  The pulse of heat energy gets transformed into a magnetic domain that is now out of alignment.  Thus heat "disappears" in the process of randomizing the magnetic domains.

One of the most notable examples of the magnetocaloric effect is in the chemical element gadolinium and some of its alloys. Gadolinium's temperature is observed to increase when it enters certain magnetic fields. When it leaves the magnetic field, the temperature returns to normal.

The thing to keep in mind is that energy is conserved and everything remains in balance as shown in the example above.

So when a magnet is magnetized, all of the energy from the battery goes into heat and you get extra energy in the form of heat from MCE. This is not terrible difficult to verify experimentally. Place the magnet and magnetizing coil inside a thermal insulated chamber, monitor the amount of input energy from thepower supply, and monitor the rise in temperature, then do the control experiment to get the heat capacity. You will see that the total energy in heat is greater than what came from thepower supply.

That's not going to happen and the total energy in heat will not be greater due to the magnetocaloric (a.k.a. "MCE") effect. There is no "extra energy" coming from the MCE.  It is simply an interesting property of some magnetic material that obeys the laws of conservation of energy and operates in both directions equally.  The process exchanges heat (temperature) with the amount of alignment or dis-alignment of the magnetic domains in the ferrite material.  High temp is to more alignment as low temp is to less alignment.  It is a bi-directional process where the energy is conserved.

Paul, you are looking at some interesting and exotic properties of magnetic materials and seemingly blindly assuming that they will fit into some sort of free energy model.  In this case it is not true at all.

MileHigh
« Last Edit: 2010-01-08, 00:01:32 by MileHigh »

3.  Magnetic viscosity is the key part of Steorn's secret sauce that produces free energy:

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fiel5%2F20%2F4252275%2F04252288.pdf%3Farnumber%3D4252288&authDecision=-203

Measuring the Hysteresis Loop of Permanent Magnets With the Pulsed Field Magnetometer
Fiorillo, F.; Beatrice, C.; Bottauscio, O.; Patroi, E.
Magnetics, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 43, Issue 7, July 2007 Page(s):3159 - 3164
Digital Object Identifier   10.1109/TMAG.2007.893536
Summary:We discuss a comprehensive approach to the characterization of permanent magnets with the pulsed field magnetometer. The approach is based on a systematic comparison of the results obtained by this method with those from the conventional closed-circuit and open-sample methods and on the assessment of the dynamic phenomena engendered by the application of the fast exciting field pulse. Such phenomena derive from the thermal fluctuation after effect and the eddy currents, whose contributions to hysteresis loop swelling are brought to light and separately evaluated. We show that the quasi-static hysteresis loop can be retrieved from the dynamically obtained one by compensating for the magnetic viscosity field, found to be proportional to the coercive field, and the eddy-current counterfield. A simple analytical formulation accounts for and predicts the effect of the counterfield.

Note that the "thermal fluctuation after effect" is the magnetocaloric effect.

What they are saying is that the hysteresis loop for the magnetic material increases in area, the "swelling", when you travel around the loop at increasing frequency and this is due to the increasing magnetic viscosity.  This is BAD news for achieving over unity.  The magnetic viscosity effects INCREASE the heat losses in the magnetic core material, they are the opposite of what you are looking for.

For people that don't know, a hysteresis loop means that you loose energy in a magnetic material when you change its polarity, and it's proportional to the area inside the loop, a.k.a. "BH Curve."

A simple real-world example for a hysteresis loop effect is bending a coat hanger.  As you bend it it gets hot, producing heat energy.  The energy is measured by the difference in the springiness force of the coat hanger wire when bending and then springing back.  The wire spring always pushes back with less energy than you put in, and that difference is manifested in the wire heating up.  If you plot force vs. bend angle as you bend the coat hanger and then measure how much it springs back, the plot will trace out a hysteresis loop.

Going back to Paul (and I think Steorn) any claims that magnetic viscosity will produce free energy are incorrect.  Magnetic viscosity effects simply produce more heat in the ferromagnetic materials in the setup.  That means that they will slow down the eOrbo.

MileHigh

I see that TK and Sean had a debate today:

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=nr4oLSwiDjM&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3Dnr4oLSwiDjM

For me, the debate about the lack of CEMF in the toroidal coil has been puzzling since this started in December.

Some reminders:

1.  The toroidal coil by definition will produce almost no CEMF when the changing magnetic lines of flux cut through it because the is almost no net change in magnetic flux with respect to time.  There is an EMF self-cancellation effect due to the geometry of the windings of the coil.
2.  CEMF generated in an open-circuit coil will not slow down the rotor because there is no energy transfer.
3.  CEMF in an short-circuited coil will not slow down the rotor because there is no energy transfer.
4.  When you have a battery connected across the coil, any CEMF will see the battery as a near short-circuit, so it will be almost the same as #3.

From my perspective there seems to be an implication that not having CEMF will not drain any energy from the rotor.  Are my assumptions correct?  Is there an alleged free energy effect associated with this?  How come not a single attempt has been made to explain it, if there is one, by anybody?

What is the reason we should be concerned about the "no CEMF" property of the eOrbo pulse motor?

Sean, Paul, TK, anybody?  Why should we be concerned about the CEMF issue?  Please somebody give a detailed explanation for this.

You know how some people in the "in crowd" make reference to the "sheeple?"  There is that possibility that "we are the sheeple" in this case.  Sean said it, so what?  Why are we repeating it?  Why are so many people talking about this "no CEMF" concept like it means something, without knowing what it really means?

MileHigh
« Last Edit: 2010-01-10, 00:04:56 by MileHigh »

While the amplitude of the voltage and current do not appear to be increasing during the finger-drag tests - one thing does increase - pulse width.

I think I'm going back to my initial assertion:

In this motor, drawing a load off the rotor does not draw more power from the source as does a conventional motor. At least this is how I understand it.

I say this because although the pulse width does increase as the rotor slows, the duty-cycle does not, and therefore the average source power remains relatively constant.

Back to you WW ;)

Some reminders:

1.  The toroidal coil by definition will produce almost no CEMF when the changing magnetic lines of flux cut through it because the is almost no net change in magnetic flux with respect to time.  There is an EMF self-cancellation effect due to the geometry of the windings of the coil.
2.  CEMF generated in an open-circuit coil will not slow down the rotor because there is no energy transfer.
3.  CEMF in an short-circuited coil will not slow down the rotor because there is no energy transfer.
4.  When you have a battery connected across the coil, any CEMF will see the battery as a near short-circuit, so it will be almost the same as #3.

MileHigh

For the above points MH, are you referring to a toroid coil only, or all coils?

If points 2, 3, and 4 are referring to a toroid coil, isn't the possibility of CEMF precluded by the fact that the toroid geometry isn't supposed to allow induction from outside the core and winding?

This made me think!  ;D

North pole of a magnet inside a cylinder of metal.... Where exactly is that blotch wall again?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uv33bsORbw[/youtube]

Poynt:

If points 2, 3, and 4 are referring to a toroid coil, isn't the possibility of CEMF precluded by the fact that the toroid geometry isn't supposed to allow induction from outside the core and winding?

Yes indeed.  I included the points for completeness.  The fact that a toroidal coil already has almost no CEMF just nullifies any possible issues associated with points 2, 3 and 4.  I never mentioned that there is also a toroidal core.  A reasonable assumption is being made that with the core there you still expect the net changing flux with respect to time seen by the toroidal coil to be nearly zero.

As someone pointed out, Sean made a huge gaffe when commenting on the battery vs. capacitor issue.

Darkspeed:

North pole of a magnet inside a cylinder of metal.... Where exactly is that blotch wall again?

When I look at that clip I can make a reasonable estimate of what the magnetic fields look like so I am not surprised to see the coil take a jump with a twist.  A good suggestion for people that build coils would be to go to the Dollar store and get a bunch of small kid's compasses and arrange them in a plane.  They can glue the compasses to a piece of thin wood and then energize a coil and see the generated fields.  A tiny compass held in hand as a magnetic field sniffer would really help out also.  By rotating and turning the energized coil you could build up a 3-D image of the fields in your mind while keeping your compasses horizontal.

For the coil in this clip, if the flux inside the coil core is going clockwise, then there is weaker counter-clockwise flux on on both sides of the wide band that forms  the coil.

MileHigh

Steorn's second presentation was logged on YouTube and I will add some colour commentary:

Here is the link to the first of four YT clips that document the presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib9u811WXJU

Sean:  "Absolutely no back-EMF."  - My response is big deal, a toroidal coil will generate very little EMF by virtue of it's geometry.  Yes indeed, the small back-EMF created by two toroidal coils in series can be made to cancel itself out.  I made a separate posting a few days ago asking anyone to explain the true significance of the lack of back-EMF but so far no replies.

In Part 2 at 4:37 they expand the current scale to show a very slow rise in the current after the voltage is switched on that is not apparent otherwise.  Sean attributes this to a "very significant change in the inductance of the core material" but I am not convinced yet.

Sean, "Clearly the rotor is doing work."  MY SPIDEY SENSES ARE TINGLING.  The only "work" the rotor is doing is creating heat by overcoming bearing and air friction.  Thus the spinning rotor is just a subset of the heat "generation" (really dissipation), nothing more than that.  Note that this is also a subset of the electrical power consumption.  If you measure the electrical power consumption you CAN NOT "add" the "work" done by the rotor to the measurement to calculate the total power dissipated by the device.  Again, the "rotor power" is embedded in the electrical power consumption of the device.  Real work done by the rotor would be something like lifting a small weight, and clearly no real work is being done by the rotor in this case.

Sean, "The obvious place to look for the energy is in the inductance loss through the interaction."  MY SPIDEY SENSES ARE TINGLING AGAIN.  You simply never use the phrase "inductance loss," never.  The inductor stores energy and releases it when the coil is switched off.  This part of the demo smells fishy.

Sean, "It would be expected in terms of classical physics that when you have a motor with no counter-EMF, and the rotor is clearly doing work, (sic) that there must be an inductance loss through the interaction."  This is Sean's way of saying when you energize an inductor the current rises slowly to charge the inductor, and that energy becomes a spike when you disconnect it.  I am still wincing and squirming at the term "inductance loss."

I am very tired and hope to continue this response posting tomorrow night.  The big subject to cover is the "inductance change" issue and my comments may be surprising to some out there.

MileHigh

Okay, the video clips of the second presentation are now on Steorn's official YouTube page.

Starting off with the second Steorn official clip:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SteornOfficial#p/u/1/bSftoc9Pm1U

At 7:07 Sean says that "we have a very significant change in the inductance of the core material" to explain the change in rise-time for the current waveform.  For starters, the core material does not possess the property of inductance.  I am splitting hairs here and being picky because Sean has to explain what Steorn is doing without any ambiguity.  Right now I can't explain why the slope of the current waveform changes so abruptly.

I just backed up and at 6:10 Sean says, "we have a very rapid permeability change of the material."  So assuming Sean is implying that the core is fully saturated and that explains the abrupt change in the slope of the current waveform - that means that they are over-saturating the core with about 100 times more current than they need.  Why would they do this, it represents so much wasted energy for nothing?

So let's talk about the biggie, the inductance increase when the rotor magnets move away from the toroidal coils.  For starters, we are not sure how the inductance meter works.  I am going to assume that it sends a sinusoidal signal through the coil and looks at the resulting current and phase angle.  Does it do this at different frequencies?  I don't know.  Does it make "large signal" inductance measurements that may start to "clip" the core so that part of the large-signal excitation pushes the core into saturation?  Does it make "small signal" inductance measurements with a low amplitude waveform which you assume will never push the core material into saturation?  Is it all user-programmable, or does the device run an algorithm that runs a suite of large-signal/small-signal/different-frequency measurements and then crunches all of the disparate inductance measurements and generates some sort of average?  I don't know the answer to these questions.  Sean and company should have made it crystal clear how this inductance meter was working because it is crucial information.

Let's look at the case where you assume that the excitation from the inductance meter was a "large signal" excitation.  In this case, when the magnet is close to the toroidal core, it affects the core material itself and keeps a small part of it saturated or near-saturated.  This will make the large-signal inductance measurement go down, simply because the presence of the magnet makes the core appear to be smaller because a part of it is saturated or near-saturated.  So the large-signal inductance measurement goes down the closer the magnet is to the core, and goes up the further the magnet is away from the core, which is exactly what Steorn demonstrated.

Now let's examine this in the context of the Steorn setup:

Here is a basic fact:  If you have current flowing through a coil with no power source, just current recirculating all by itself through the coil, then if you dynamically increase that inductance with respect to time, the current in the coil will automatically DECREASE.  The current HAS to decrease because you assume that you changed the geometry of the coil while the current was flowing through it to increase the inductance.  Now the magnetic field is spread throughout a larger volume and the current has to go down because energy has to be conserved.

So in the case of the Steorn demo we know that the current does not decrease, even through it is "supposed" to decrease.  I put "supposed" in brackets because in the Steorn case we have a power supply supplying energy and making the current flow through the toroidal coil.  It's the POWER SUPPLY that supplies the EXTRA ENERGY to keep the current at a constant value.  As the inductance increases with respect to time, the power supply is right there maintaining a constant current, which effectively results in an increase in energy being stored in the larger inductance.

Sean and Steorn are trying to pull a "fast one."  The "extra energy" due to the increasing inductance actually COMES FROM THE POWER SUPPLY.  Just by virtue of the fact that the current stays constant and the inductance increases slightly is telling you that the extra energy comes from the power supply.

To get a bit more technical, we know the charging time constant for an RL circuit is L/R.  In the case for this demo, L is dynamic with respect to time and R is fixed.  Therefore there is a "dynamic charging time constant" of delta-L(t)/R.   delta-L for all values of delta-t is minuscule.  Therefore the dynamic time constant is minuscule and for all practical intents and purposes you see no change in the current flowing through the toroidal inductor as the inductance increases a total of about 2.4% from the top-dead-center position to the further away position.  In other words the power supply can keep up easily with the very slight increase in inductance over time such that the current does not appear to change at all.

To repeat, the "extra energy" is NOT FREE, and Steorn is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.  Just the fact that the current stays constant for an increasing inductance with respect to time is telling you that the power supply is "filling in the gaps" resulting in the increased energy being stored in the larger inductor.  

Also, don't forget at the same time the power supply is supplying a lot of energy that is being poured down the drain as dissipated heat.  No matter what Sean tries to tell you, in the real world electrical power in a motor that gets dissipated as heat is LOST ENERGY BEING POURED DOWN THE DRAIN.

MileHigh
« Last Edit: 2010-01-15, 02:45:59 by MileHigh »

Now let's do a rebuttal summary of Steorn's claim about their eOrbo pulse motor:

It has been shown that an Orbo electromagnetic interaction:

1.  Suffers no Back EMF.

<<< Big deal, this means nothing, toroidal coils by definition will do a lot of EMF self-cancellation. >>>

2.  Produces an Inductance Energy Gain.

<<< WRONG - The POWER SUPPLY is adding the "extra energy" on the sly, see the previous posting. >>>

3.  Performs work.

<<< WRONG - a spinning rotor does NOT perform any work, it is just a subset of the total heat dissipation from the supplied electrical power. >>>

The net result is that an Orbo interaction produces more output energy than the energy put into the interaction.

<<<  ABSOLUTELY WRONG - The only thing that an "Orbo interaction" produces is heat.  You supply electrical energy to the Orbo, and the vast majority of that energy is dissipated as heat in the coils themselves.  A small fraction of the supplied energy makes the rotor turn, and that gets instantly turned into dissipated heat in the bearings and due to air friction.  The Orbo is a 0% efficient pulse motor that does no useful work at all, it is just a glorified electrical resistor.  There is NO EXCESS OUTPUT ENERGY from an Orbo.  The "increase" in energy alleged to take place in the dynamic toroidal inductor of the Orbo is actually energy that is SUPPLIED BY THE POWER SUPPLY.  >>>

MileHigh

A Sean quote:  "The output of the energy takes several forms - it takes heat, which you've seen on the thermal camera.  It takes the form of the rotational energy of the rotor itself."

Well, here we have a big Sean gaffe where he tries to claim that the rotational energy of the rotor itself is part of the "output."

Putting aside the fact that the spinning rotor is just a part of the process of producing heat that goes down the drain, let me review a basic concept for Sean...

Suppose you run the Orbo pulse motor for one hour, and during that hour the rotor spins at a constant RPM.  Is the rotor generating any output here?

Let's break this down further:

First 30 seconds:  The rotor spins up to it's maximum speed, storing some of the input electrical energy as mechanical rotational energy.
Next 59 minutes and 30 seconds:  The rotor turns a fraction of the input electrical power into heat power and does nothing else but that.
After you disconnect the power:  The rotor takes 30 seconds to spin down, converting all of its stored mechanical rotational energy into heat energy.

Wow, in the overall scheme of things the "output" of the rotor tales place after you switch off the motor.  That "output" came from the first 30 seconds when you switched on the motor.  During the 59 1/2 minutes interim period, the rotor is not generating any "output" at all, it is just part of the energy dissipation process, converting some of the electrical input power into heat power.

The spinning rotor is just a way of storing mechanical energy - it's a mechanical capacitor with an associated moment of inertia (akin to electrical capacitance) and an angular velocity (akin to electrical voltage).   The rotor stores some energy during the start-up and discharges it after you switch off.

What is Sean thinking?  He is in carnival barker territory here!

Clip #4:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SteornOfficial#p/u/3/d7b3IfpZAdI

In the beginning of this clip Sean responds to the battery vs. capacitor issue and his response is pure bullshit.

"if you look at a capacitor there is a delay..."  SPIDEY SENSES ON FIRE.

MileHigh

P.S.:  The demographics of the people in the audience were very impressive.  Leaders of tech and industry all over the place.  It must have been like a mosh pit when they all exchanged business cards.

I also find it very ironic that the pitch is now that they get a "bigger back-EMF spike than they are supposed to."  In their December demo, they made no attempt whatsoever to harvest the back-EMF spike, they added bypass diodes to the coils.  Going back to the 2007 Orbo, that was supposed to be a self-runner, what happened to that and why no mention of it or attempt to demo it?

Yes indeed, Sean and company are trying a new spin on the good old "magic spike" coming from a discharging inductor.  That "magic spike" has given Bedini a comfortable living and I suppose many others.  It's time compressed potential - consult with the electronics genius Aaron.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-15, 02:56:40 by MileHigh »

It's painful and a bit embarrassing to watch quite frankly (I couldn't make it all the way through that clip #4).

What a dreadful waste of money and so-called engineering.

Hey Poynt,

At least I give Steorn credit for creating some drama.  Sean's attempt to brush off using a capacitor was the low point of the presentation.

Meanwhile I am reading/skimming the bustling OU thread on this topic.  I give two posters a tie for the "Glazed Eyes" award at this point in time.  One of them is a perennial favourite.  The deeper you go into the Earth, the Lower the Gravity becomes.

Dem boyz is hard core core fanatics - a Core-2 duo.  :D

MileHigh

@milehigh
At least I give Steorn credit for creating some drama.  Sean's attempt to brush off using a capacitor was the low point of the presentation.
I believe I have mentioned in a previous post why a capacitor is not a battery, the source capacitor couples to any and/or all capacitance in the circuit following the inverse square law for series capacitance which produces increased losses. I find it odd that in your many posts you have no problem criticizing others for connecting capacitors in series or discharging one capacitor into another yet in this case you find it perfectly acceptable. Then you criticize Steorn for their belief that the inductive discharge (spike as you call it) may produce other effects, well one effect is the production of a high potential electric field (capacitive effect) which would couple with the source capacitor producing increased losses, what a revelation we now have two capacitors in series where the dielectric is the space between one plate of the the source capacitor and any coil in the circuit. It may also be of interest that Nikola Tesla noted these effects 100 years ago, apparently your "critical thinking" is not so infallible after all? In fact I have measured capacitive coupling effects over six feet from the working circuit proper and I have also measured magnetic effects with precision devices from over four feet distance from a single 1" x 1/2" N40 neo magnet. These fields do exist and they are always present when the proper conditions are satisfied whether we want to believe it or not, belief has little revelance to reality as reality is what it is.
Next your critical thinking has come to the conclusion that the device must utilize simple magnetic attraction/repulsion and saturation effects because that is what you know and believe yet Steorns claims preclude this assumption because we know these simple effects induce irreversible system losses. Logically if Steorn's claims are valid which we cannot discount because we do not know then they cannot be utilizing simple magnetic attraction/repulsion and saturation effects as assumed. In which case your many pages of analysis of assumed simple effects is flawed, how can their device work with simple known effects everyone knows do not work? Does it not seem plausible that they could be utilizing an effect you have not considered? Ah, but that is an impossiblity for a critical thinker as his weapon of choice is logic and logic is infallible thus the critical thinker is infallible -- in the field of psychology we call this a self-reinforced delusion, lol.

PS-- I wouldnt read to much into this as I understand more often than not I am incorrect and that is how we learn new things, that is by understanding we can be wrong and considering what may have been unconsidered prior.
Regards
AC
« Last Edit: 2010-01-15, 20:05:34 by allcanadian »

AC:

As far as delusion goes, if I recall correctly you burst upon the scene about a year ago (perhaps more like 1 1/2 years now) on the Energetic Forum.  You cranked out reams and reams and reams of text about dipoles and electric fields and magnetic moments and zero point energy and on and on.  You generated a massive amount of mumbo-jumbo talk and that sure as hell established your street cred with the believers.  I would read some of it and my brain would go numb.  Then it seems to me you backed off from cranking out reams and reams of free energy pop culture text and settled in and often made some pretty decent comments peppered with the occasional bit of free energy pop lingo.

I am only going to lightly address what you say in your posting.  For me it seems to be a recursion back to your mumbo-jumbo talk days.  What you say about capacitors and couplings and all that stuff is out in left field.  You speculate that Seorn is using secret sauce and classical analysis techniques do not apply.  If I only had a Joule of energy for all the times I have read that.

Just let the Steorn drama play out and let's see what happens.  Apparently by the end of the month they are going to demonstrate "technology" that will change the world as we know it.  By the same token, Sean claims that he is an engineer.  Don't you get just a little bit suspicious when he states that capacitors have a delay associated with their ability to source current?

In my opinion Steorn are "Big Fish."  People that are raising investment money so they can sit at their desks and surf the net and play with magnets.  Relative to the idealism that you see in people on these various forums that believe in open-sourcing their ideas and expressing their desire to change the world for the better without thought of financial gain, Steorn are the antithesis of this ideal.  They are the Devil Incarnate relative to the free energy hipsters.  Bad guys out to steal investment money and give the whole movement a bad name.  They could always be a plant done by Big Oil and the NWO to discredit the movement.  har har

MileHigh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 07:16:05