PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 13:19:38
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39
Author Topic: Itsu's workbench / placeholder.  (Read 107801 times)
Group: Tech Wizard

Hi Itsu,

I think you refer to C1 in your schematic (attached two posts above) and it makes the positive  feedback between the collector and the emitter.
So try to choose a C1 value with which the unloaded DC output is around 200 V. And of course, use for this the 2.7 mH 1.5 Ohm coil for L1 to get the input current around 30-35 mA.  Think of the potmeter setting in series with the base too, when adjusting current.

The low output current may indicate the output impedance is high I think and limits output current. This impedance is established mainly (but not fully) by L2 and C5 in your schematic. 

Good progress with finding the significant effect of L1 on the input current.

Gyula

Group: Moderator

Gyula,

yes, C1 in my diagram is the one across collector / emitter.

Lowering it will influence the input current too, so i will try the 2.7mH L1 and C1 to get around 30mA input current.

Thinking about these 2 new chokes values (2.7mH / 1.6 Ohm and 9.8mH / 5 Ohm), does it make sense to say that the L1 of Nelson (2.6 Ohm) would have about 4.7mH of inductance and not my measured 20mH (half of a CMC)?

I will adjust that in my sim to see how it reacts.

Concerning the low output current, my C5 gives the best output (voltage wise) with a fairly high value (47 - 64nF) but the signals look spiky (across the bridge).
Using a lower value (3nF) creates an almost sine wave (resonance?), but lower in amplitude.

This could be normal as series resonance (low C5) will cause low impedance thus low voltage / high current.

I will try to focus on that tonight too.

Itsu 

Thinking about these 2 new chokes values (2.7mH / 1.6 Ohm and 9.8mH / 5 Ohm), does it make sense to say that the L1 of Nelson (2.6 Ohm) would have about 4.7mH of inductance and not my measured 20mH (half of a CMC)?

Hi Itsu,

Yes, it makes sense.  Even if Nelson's coil has 2.6 Ohm DC resistance and it causes higher negative feedback in the emitter than your 1.6 Ohm, the inductive reactance also counts and the 20 mH sounds high in your case.
This question of input current or the value of C1 is also transistor_parameter dependent, unfortunately.

Regarding the output circuit, do you have lower value L2 and L3 coils for testing than the present one? (now that L1 is the 2.7mH / 1.6 Ohm, it may be worth testing them again, and do the  C5 change in wide range too with it). Sorry if you have done so since then.

It is maybe not only about series resonance between L2-C5 (which would otherwise make sense) but a combined, mainly reactive transformation of impedances from inside the oscillator towards the output side. 

Gyula

Thanks Gyula, 

i can fiddle around with L2/L3 too as i have some lower value's CMC's.

Using the 4.7mH choke for L1 in the sim enables severall other values to be updated to more realisic values like the coupling factor 0.7, and the output cap C8 to be 470uF.

I had to lower C1 to 2nF to get the highest input current (15mA rms).

Anyway, now the sim also want to run better i guess this 4.7mH is the more realistic one.

Shown is the input current through R1

Regards itsu

Buy me a drink
Thanks Gyula, 

i can fiddle around with L2/L3 too as i have some lower value's CMC's.

Using the 4.7mH choke for L1 in the sim enables severall other values to be updated to more realisic values like the coupling factor 0.7, and the output cap C8 to be 470uF.

I had to lower C1 to 2nF to get the highest input current (15mA rms).

Anyway, now the sim also want to run better i guess this 4.7mH is the more realistic one.

Shown is the input current through R1

Regards itsu

Hi Itsu,
After looking for various software that use the microphone to detect frequency and type of wave, I found software for a mobile phone, where I could check some data regarding the frequency of operation of my current circuit.
The frequency that the software recorded, this is more or less correct, after measuring and comparing with my Rigoli multimeter.
These are the shots .

Best rewards

---------------------------
Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

" The goal is not to be successful, the goal is to be valuable.
Once you’re valuable, instead of chasing success,
it will attract itself to you. "

Buy me a drink
Hi Itsu,
After looking for various software that use the microphone to detect frequency and type of wave, I found software for a mobile phone, where I could check some data regarding the frequency of operation of my current circuit.
The frequency that the software recorded, this is more or less correct, after measuring and comparing with my Rigoli multimeter.
These are the shots .

Best rewards

Itsu,
 I would like it if it were possible for you to measure the voltage with a multimeter initially  in dc mode  between transistor emitter , and diode D1 cathode , after that the same operation but now chose AC mode in multimeter . The values i measure with a 24v input,  is 145DC and 67AC  respectively . I would like now that values only to compare .
Thanks

best rewards

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for the frequency, 19Khz is fairly high as my circuit operates around 12Khz.

Measuring across D1 diode i measure 95V DC and 50V AC using my Fluke DMM.
Input was 24V @ 35mA.

I made a video showing some operation of my circuit with the new L1 (2.7mH).
it shows that after setting the 500 Ohm pot to about 229 Ohm, the input current went to 33mA.

It also shows that placing the ground lead of my scope probe influences this input current to be 24mA or so.
The circuit is not grounded anywhere, so that was strange for me.

Also shown is the signal across L2 which with the 47nF C5 series cap is kind of spikey.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlF0r8cu9MI&feature=youtu.be

Itsu

Buy me a drink
Hi Nelson,

Thanks for the frequency, 19Khz is fairly high as my circuit operates around 12Khz.

Measuring across D1 diode i measure 95V DC and 50V AC using my Fluke DMM.
Input was 24V @ 35mA.

I made a video showing some operation of my circuit with the new L1 (2.7mH).
it shows that after setting the 500 Ohm pot to about 229 Ohm, the input current went to 33mA.

It also shows that placing the ground lead of my scope probe influences this input current to be 24mA or so.
The circuit is not grounded anywhere, so that was strange for me.

Also shown is the signal across L2 which with the 47nF C5 series cap is kind of spikey.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlF0r8cu9MI&feature=youtu.be

Itsu

Hi Itsu ,

Thanks by the video and data. Yes seems my circuit run a bit higher freq . I was intrigued by the waveform, Seems like was be affected by some type of parasite freq.
I really have a good hear ,and over the years I learned to recognize and identify some frequencies just by ear, and seems some mixed freq exist .
I try tune with  AM radio near the circuit and is curious the freq noise generated when the circuit is charging the circuit or shorted, seems exist some type of variation ,
 Did you already try short the output ? The oscillation stop if you short the output ? 
In relation to lower the input when you ground to the scope probe i think was related with the floating point located at emitter . :)

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

Nelson,

good catch, my FFT shows that there are severall evenly strong signals being generated, like 7, 14 and 21Khz depending on what components i use.

My present setup when shorting the output does not kill the oscillations, and it drops the input current from 33mA to 25mA or so.

Concerning the ground lead, the circuit is not grounded at any other point, my PS is floating.
So i would expect that the ground lead of my scope should make no impact on any signal.
Anyway, it does obviously.

I found severall other CMC's measuring 26mH and 22mH, but putting those in for L2/L3 does not make much difference.
It could make the input going to 30mA at 19Khz like your circuit, so thats what i want to try.

The output bulb never went any brighter then the input bulb during all my tests.

Itsu

Hi Nelson,

Would you mind measuring (when you have some time) the DC and also the AC voltage levels across the base and the emitter of your oscillator transistor, when
- the output is unloaded
- the output is shorted
- the output is loaded by the 12V bulb

When the multimeter is in DC volt range, please connect its negative pin to the emitter and its positive to the base of the transistor. I mention this because the average DC level between the base and emitter may shift in oscillators under changing loads and good to know the polarities.

There would be another request from me: checking the output impedance. It could be done by finding a resistor load which reduces the 203 V unloaded DC output to its half value i.e. to 101-102 V.
Be careful not get a shock from the 100 -200V output when doing this. I believe a resistor in the 18-22 kOhm range may already halve the 200V. Perhaps use a 18 k resistor in series with a few kOhm potmeter to adjust it.  Half-watt rated resistor(s) are ok for such tests.

These data would further help understand better the operation of this oscillator, I am working on it. If I am mistaken with the load resistor range, sorry for that.  8)  you will find it.

Gyula

Buy me a drink
Hi Nelson,

Would you mind measuring (when you have some time) the DC and also the AC voltage levels across the base and the emitter of your oscillator transistor, when
- the output is unloaded
- the output is shorted
- the output is loaded by the 12V bulb

When the multimeter is in DC volt range, please connect its negative pin to the emitter and its positive to the base of the transistor. I mention this because the average DC level between the base and emitter may shift in oscillators under changing loads and good to know the polarities.

There would be another request from me: checking the output impedance. It could be done by finding a resistor load which reduces the 203 V unloaded DC output to its half value i.e. to 101-102 V.
Be careful not get a shock from the 100 -200V output when doing this. I believe a resistor in the 18-22 kOhm range may already halve the 200V. Perhaps use a 18 k resistor in series with a few kOhm potmeter to adjust it.  Half-watt rated resistor(s) are ok for such tests.

These data would further help understand better the operation of this oscillator, I am working on it. If I am mistaken with the load resistor range, sorry for that.  8)  you will find it.

Gyula

Hi Gyula ,
The data of the tests you ask . In the impedance test i use the value i have available , i don't have many parts now :( but i try find something to try aproach to 100V
Negative probe in Emitter and positive prove in the base

Shorted  DC = -0,96V AC =3,21V
Unload   AC = -0,99V AC =3,4V

With bulb connected  DC = -1,2V AC =3,27V

With a Resistor 33K =92V in output

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

Not much to report, still waiting for the MJE18008's.
Using the circuit with the new L1 (2.7mH / 1.6 Ohm) choke and the 22mH CMC for L2/L3 and various caps for C1 and C5.

looks like this circuit has a preference for having a basic oscillation frequency across the collector / emitter of around 7Khz and a double frequency across L2/L3 of 14Khz.

Itsu

Hi Gyula ,
The data of the tests you ask . In the impedance test i use the value i have available , i don't have many parts now :( but i try find something to try aproach to 100V
Negative probe in Emitter and positive prove in the base

Shorted  DC = -0,96V AC =3,21V
Unload   AC = -0,99V AC =3,4V

With bulb connected  DC = -1,2V AC =3,27V

With a Resistor 33K =92V in output

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for doing these tests. The loading effect of the 33 kOhm resistor that dropped the 203 V DC output to 92 V indicates the possible output resistance of your oscillator is likely in the 35-40 kOhm range.
So the output is not really a 200 V voltage source but rather a current source with that much kOhm internal resistance. This can influence (slow down) for instance the charge up of an electrolytic capacitor from the 200V oscillator output.

Regarding the DC and AC voltages measured between the base and emitter by a DMM indicates the oscillator transistor operates as a switch rather than a linear amplifier I think, more exact deduction can be made by evaluating the waveform across the base-emitter when it will be available.

Here I attempt to give a possible operation principle for this oscillator as I see it.

Case 1: the output is unloaded, there is a certain amount of oscillating power in the circuit, established by the DC input power.  Once the circuit oscillates, the impedances the transistor is embedded into are established by voltage and current levels 

In the followings I refer to component labels used in your original schematic what I attached below.  I edited your original schematic too and attached it also below in which I erased the transistor and the push button to show the coils and capacitors that can mainly influence the operating frequency.
It is possible that the on-off switching of the transistor (if it works as a switch) also changes the frequency when the output is loaded, this can be checked by a scope or a frequency meter, albeit this change may be small.

Case 2: the output is short circuited, the AC impedance of transformer T1 between its pins 2 and 3 decreases significantly to a low value (the short is transformed backwards of course). This low impedance surely changes the operating point of the transistor, so its collector current too. Without seeing the changing waveforms on a scope, I can only assume that this impedance change may reduce the on time of the transistor and the effect of this manifests in a lower input current. Reduced on time involves higher off time hence higher output impedance. And the conditions for oscillation is still maintained with the low impedance transformed back into the circuit.

Your oscillator includes the D1 and D2 diodes and (as I suspected and now your base-emitter voltage data confirmed) these participate in controlling the base-emitter bias voltage i.e. establish the operating point of Q1 after the start up.
The diodes partially rectify the AC oscillating voltage for the base-emitter.
When you push the start button, the 24V positive voltage drives forward current into the base-emitter via the E1 bulb and this current is limited mainly by the 300 Ohm base resistor and the cold resistance of the bulb only. So the initial base-emitter current is 24V / 300 Ohm = 80 mA or
so, neglecting the 13 Ohm bulb and the 2.6 Ohm L1 resistances.
The average DC voltage across the base-emitter is a negative value (by your measurements) which may keep the transistor off but whenever a positive oscillating wave appears on the base, it surely overdrives the negative bias and switches the transistor on again, till the positive waveform lasts.

Case 3: the output is loaded by say the 12 V, 1 W rated bulb, then its (nonlinear) resistance is transformed back to the oscillator via T1, and surely establishes yet another operating point for the transistor.

Let me notice that the changing load conditions (the short or the 12V bulb) across the output forces the oscillator to work less 'actively', on this I mean: the ability to operate under restricted conditions becomes narrower.

I am sure I have not covered all the small operational details in this oscillator, for instance the positive flyback pulse of L1 is steered to the base via C4 to defeat the negative bias, this process substitues the start-up push button.

You have surely noticed in this post that I did not refer to negative resistance in the transistor as it was addressed already above in this thread. The reason is if the operation is really of switching nature, then this is out of question.
And if the transistor is full on all the time and never off, then it works as linear or nearly linear amplifier (many active devices in oscillators work like that), so the base-emitter or the collector-emitter 'junctions' cannot receive excessive reverse bias that would be needed to create a negative resistance region.  This question can also be answered after evaluating the waveforms between said electrodes.

Greetings,
Gyula

Buy me a drink
Hi Nelson,

Thank you for doing these tests. The loading effect of the 33 kOhm resistor that dropped the 203 V DC output to 92 V indicates the possible output resistance of your oscillator is likely in the 35-40 kOhm range.
So the output is not really a 200 V voltage source but rather a current source with that much kOhm internal resistance. This can influence (slow down) for instance the charge up of an electrolytic capacitor from the 200V oscillator output.

Regarding the DC and AC voltages measured between the base and emitter by a DMM indicates the oscillator transistor operates as a switch rather than a linear amplifier I think, more exact deduction can be made by evaluating the waveform across the base-emitter when it will be available.

Here I attempt to give a possible operation principle for this oscillator as I see it.

Case 1: the output is unloaded, there is a certain amount of oscillating power in the circuit, established by the DC input power.  Once the circuit oscillates, the impedances the transistor is embedded into are established by voltage and current levels 

In the followings I refer to component labels used in your original schematic what I attached below.  I edited your original schematic too and attached it also below in which I erased the transistor and the push button to show the coils and capacitors that can mainly influence the operating frequency.
It is possible that the on-off switching of the transistor (if it works as a switch) also changes the frequency when the output is loaded, this can be checked by a scope or a frequency meter, albeit this change may be small.

Case 2: the output is short circuited, the AC impedance of transformer T1 between its pins 2 and 3 decreases significantly to a low value (the short is transformed backwards of course). This low impedance surely changes the operating point of the transistor, so its collector current too. Without seeing the changing waveforms on a scope, I can only assume that this impedance change may reduce the on time of the transistor and the effect of this manifests in a lower input current. Reduced on time involves higher off time hence higher output impedance. And the conditions for oscillation is still maintained with the low impedance transformed back into the circuit.

Your oscillator includes the D1 and D2 diodes and (as I suspected and now your base-emitter voltage data confirmed) these participate in controlling the base-emitter bias voltage i.e. establish the operating point of Q1 after the start up.
The diodes partially rectify the AC oscillating voltage for the base-emitter.
When you push the start button, the 24V positive voltage drives forward current into the base-emitter via the E1 bulb and this current is limited mainly by the 300 Ohm base resistor and the cold resistance of the bulb only. So the initial base-emitter current is 24V / 300 Ohm = 80 mA or
so, neglecting the 13 Ohm bulb and the 2.6 Ohm L1 resistances.
The average DC voltage across the base-emitter is a negative value (by your measurements) which may keep the transistor off but whenever a positive oscillating wave appears on the base, it surely overdrives the negative bias and switches the transistor on again, till the positive waveform lasts.

Case 3: the output is loaded by say the 12 V, 1 W rated bulb, then its (nonlinear) resistance is transformed back to the oscillator via T1, and surely establishes yet another operating point for the transistor.

Let me notice that the changing load conditions (the short or the 12V bulb) across the output forces the oscillator to work less 'actively', on this I mean: the ability to operate under restricted conditions becomes narrower.

I am sure I have not covered all the small operational details in this oscillator, for instance the positive flyback pulse of L1 is steered to the base via C4 to defeat the negative bias, this process substitues the start-up push button.

You have surely noticed in this post that I did not refer to negative resistance in the transistor as it was addressed already above in this thread. The reason is if the operation is really of switching nature, then this is out of question.
And if the transistor is full on all the time and never off, then it works as linear or nearly linear amplifier (many active devices in oscillators work like that), so the base-emitter or the collector-emitter 'junctions' cannot receive excessive reverse bias that would be needed to create a negative resistance region.  This question can also be answered after evaluating the waveforms between said electrodes.

Greetings,
Gyula

Gyula ,
thanks for your explanation so far :) until now.
To we understand the circuit seems much more complex then the simplicity of circuit itself :)
I have only a doubt about (nonlinear) resistance assigned by the filament output bulb; if indeed use the small resistive bulb, was a bulb of led, that is linear i think, how it will apply that point you explain?

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

Hi Nelson,

A LED diode is more nonlinear than a bulb with filament, unfortunately. 

The filament bulb at the output of your oscillator reaches a certain brightness and then its resistance remains stabil.
But its resistance started from a cold value of course which was say 13 Ohm and during the start up process of the oscillator from the switch-on time, this 13 Ohm increases nonlinearly to a higher value, depending on the output voltage across it.  This is what I meant on nonlinear. 

Does this answer your question?

Gyula

Buy me a drink
Hi Nelson,

A LED diode is more nonlinear than a bulb with filament, unfortunately. 

The filament bulb at the output of your oscillator reaches a certain brightness and then its resistance remains stabil.
But its resistance started from a cold value of course which was say 13 Ohm and during the start up process of the oscillator from the switch-on time, this 13 Ohm increases nonlinearly to a higher value, depending on the output voltage across it.  This is what I meant on nonlinear. 

Does this answer your question?

Gyula

Gyula , thanks ,  by you answer  , I mistakenly thought that the LED lamp was linear due to the existing internal driver .

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

Hi Nelson,

Okay, and my mistake was when I answered to you I had considered LED diodes only rather than LED bulbs.   :)
What can safely be said is that LED bulbs can be less nonlinear than LED diodes because most (but not all)  LED bulbs include an internal driver, as you wrote, i.e. a DC/DC or AC/DC converter with regulated output for their LED diodes.

So the best we can do is to test our LED bulbs in advance how linear or nonlinear they are if we wish to know their real power consumption.

Please have a look at this video in which a LED bulb is shown inside out, with input voltage and current measurements:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Roc5TLdnw 

Here is the chart I attached from the video on how the DC input current changed in the function of input voltage. The  power consumption of this bulb, however, changed between 4.6W and 4.8W only when the input voltage was varied from 8V to 30V. The exception was at 7V input where the input power was 3W, and notice that at and under 6V input voltage there was no or only negligible current consumption.

Greetings
Gyula

Buy me a drink
Hi Nelson,

Okay, and my mistake was when I answered to you I had considered LED diodes only rather than LED bulbs.   :)
What can safely be said is that LED bulbs can be less nonlinear than LED diodes because most (but not all)  LED bulbs include an internal driver, as you wrote, i.e. a DC/DC or AC/DC converter with regulated output for their LED diodes.

So the best we can do is to test our LED bulbs in advance how linear or nonlinear they are if we wish to know their real power consumption.

Please have a look at this video in which a LED bulb is shown inside out, with input voltage and current measurements:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Roc5TLdnw 

Here is the chart I attached from the video on how the DC input current changed in the function of input voltage. The  power consumption of this bulb, however, changed between 4.6W and 4.8W only when the input voltage was varied from 8V to 30V. The exception was at 7V input where the input power was 3W, and notice that at and under 6V input voltage there was no or only negligible current consumption.

Greetings
Gyula

Hi Gyula ,
My apologies for the delay in my response, but I have been working overnight 3d printing face shields for the community, and thus, I have been more active during the night.
Thanks by the explanation. The bulb i used is a small one of 3W 230V 300 lumen .  But i had never thought about this topic of be linear or non linearity at least from this perspective.
Thanks by the tip ;) .

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

I adjusted the sim / diagram to have the same component notation as the original diagram from Nelson, see  below.

I kept L2 / L3 instead of T1 as this is more precise i think.

Still no MJE18008.

Itsu

Buy me a drink
I adjusted the sim / diagram to have the same component notation as the original diagram from Nelson, see  below.

I kept L2 / L3 instead of T1 as this is more precise i think.

Still no MJE18008.

Itsu

Hi Itsu ,
Thanks again by the sim diagram . Where i can find all the libraries you use ? I install sim but seems , miss some of the libraries because i get error in diodes and transistor .
Please can you point me to some address or something where i can get that libraries ?
Many thanks

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

Nelson,

There are probably severall ways to get them, i google for specific LTspice components like  "LTspice mje18008"
or go to Mouser.com who often offer some simulation models when looking for mje18008.

Anyway, below attached the .Model for the mje18008 and the UF4007.

What i did is go the my local LTspice lib folder and in there you have subdirectories like
cmp, sub, sym.

In the cmp folter you will find the severall "standart.xxx files, one is named "standart.bjt"
and another "standart.dio".

I put the below mje18008 specification line on top of the  "standart.bjt" file, and the UF4007
specification line on top of the "standart.dio" file.

In LTspice you now can select them under "components , npn"  and "components , diode", then right mouse click, then pick New transistor.
Same for a diode.

.model mje18008 NPN(IS=1e-09 BF=16.2807 NF=0.85 VAF=17.9534 IKF=8.91667 ISE=6.94438e-12 NE=3.38189 BR=1.62807 NR=0.82571 VAR=5.01712 IKR=3.65604 ISC=4.43005e-13 NC=3.99216 RB=2.7149 IRB=0.1 RBM=0.1 RE=0.0001 RC=0.0871278 XTB=0.121787 XTI=1 EG=1.05 CJE=4.65558e-09 VJE=0.446548 MJE=0.330981 TF=1e-08 XTF=1.83198 VTF=3.88526 ITF=0.338593 CJC=3.83049e-10 VJC=0.4 MJC=0.456299 XCJC=0.799262 FC=0.8 CJS=0 VJS=0.75 MJS=0.5 TR=9.46239e-06 PTF=0 KF=0 AF=1

.model UF4007 D (N=3.97671 IS=3.28772E-006 RS=0.149734 EG=1.11 XTI=3 CJO=2.92655E-011 VJ=0.851862 M=0.334552 FC=0.5 TT=1.84973E-007 BV=1000 IBV=0.2 KF=0 AF=1)

Hope that helps.   Itsu

Buy me a drink
Nelson,

There are probably severall ways to get them, i google for specific LTspice components like  "LTspice mje18008"
or go to Mouser.com who often offer some simulation models when looking for mje18008.

Anyway, below attached the .Model for the mje18008 and the UF4007.

What i did is go the my local LTspice lib folder and in there you have subdirectories like
cmp, sub, sym.

In the cmp folter you will find the severall "standart.xxx files, one is named "standart.bjt"
and another "standart.dio".

I put the below mje18008 specification line on top of the  "standart.bjt" file, and the UF4007
specification line on top of the "standart.dio" file.

In LTspice you now can select them under "components , npn"  and "components , diode", then right mouse click, then pick New transistor.
Same for a diode.

.model mje18008 NPN(IS=1e-09 BF=16.2807 NF=0.85 VAF=17.9534 IKF=8.91667 ISE=6.94438e-12 NE=3.38189 BR=1.62807 NR=0.82571 VAR=5.01712 IKR=3.65604 ISC=4.43005e-13 NC=3.99216 RB=2.7149 IRB=0.1 RBM=0.1 RE=0.0001 RC=0.0871278 XTB=0.121787 XTI=1 EG=1.05 CJE=4.65558e-09 VJE=0.446548 MJE=0.330981 TF=1e-08 XTF=1.83198 VTF=3.88526 ITF=0.338593 CJC=3.83049e-10 VJC=0.4 MJC=0.456299 XCJC=0.799262 FC=0.8 CJS=0 VJS=0.75 MJS=0.5 TR=9.46239e-06 PTF=0 KF=0 AF=1

.model UF4007 D (N=3.97671 IS=3.28772E-006 RS=0.149734 EG=1.11 XTI=3 CJO=2.92655E-011 VJ=0.851862 M=0.334552 FC=0.5 TT=1.84973E-007 BV=1000 IBV=0.2 KF=0 AF=1)

Hope that helps.   Itsu

Hi Itsu,
many thanks , i will take a shot , to try include the data in the Lib files . ;)

Best Rewards
Nelson Rocha

Hi Itsu,

I attempted to do as per your description but the mje18008 and the uf4007 does not appear in the list when I click on the Pick a new transistor (or diode).  I have LTSpice XVII, latest update was on April 16, 2020.  Probably Nelson uses a similar version because I get the same error message for these two new models.  I edited sussessfully the two standard libraries, needed system admin rights.

I can continue tomorrow only, and no need for any hurry, of course.

Thanks
Gyula

Itsu, I found the problem, I thought those lib files are in the Program Files folder and I edited those (this needed admin access from me) but in fact there is another folder for LTSpice in the Documents folder and editing them (no need for any admin access) solved the problem. 

By the way, in this link there is a huge collection of component libraries which can be copied to the cmp folder:

http://ltwiki.org/?title=Components_Library_and_Circuits   

Thanks,
Gyula

ok guys, sorry for the confusion, the lib folder is indeed somewhere in your "users/..../documents directory.

I also am just a novice as it comes to LTspice and finding my way around with the help of many tutorials and friends here on the forum.

I did not see that library link before though,  so thanks Gyula.

Itsu

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 13:19:38