PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-06, 13:20:15
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 223927 times)

Group: Professor

There are roughly 22 full cycles between the last drain pulse and the 4% of 355Vpp = 14Vpp ringing signal.
So here the Q would be 22...
So now you have some concrete metric to compare to other devices.

But i understand from the massive amount of info given by Vasik that the kacher signal as being picked up should look like the screenshot 2 below.  So very little ringing, only 4 or 5 full cycles.
...and that illustrates the usefulness of this Q comparison.

This points then to a very low Q coil or could this capping off of the ringing be done be some other means?
The ~1:4 Q ratio yielded by this comparison provokes you to search for the explanation of this difference.
e.g.: artificial "capping off", ...or dielectric losses, ...or clamping, ...or energy transfer to other components of the system (coupling coefficient k), etc...

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Ok,  yes, it seems that the "Q" or the "capping off" is influenced by different things, like when manipulating the ferrite gizmo's inbetween loop closer or further away from the Grenade hot side.

Its now almost touching and the ringing is again less.

But this whole thing will bite you in the A..  when not paying attention.

The 100V boost converter to supply the kacher drain voltage went out with a little puff of magic smoke.

Itsu

The 100V boost converter to supply the kacher drain voltage went out with a little puff of magic smoke.
Did you have its input and output choked-capped-choked-capped-choked-capped ?

rf-tools.com is a good tool to calculate the optimal component values:

Yes,  my kacher board has a capped-choked-capped input, and i had another extra capped-choked-capped board added.

Seems one of the 2 YPI7575c push/pull transistors/MOSFETs is shorted, not sure what it is (transistor or MOSFET) as no datasheet can be found.

The good one measures like a MOSFET now it is removed from the board, so it probably is.

It turns out the 440V TVS across the drain source of the Kacher MOSFET is shorted (42 Ohm) and probably caused the 100V boost converter to fail (should be short protected though).
I have some IRF3007 on order for replacement of the YPI7575c (75NF75) MOSFET in the boost converter.

Thanks for the tool, good to have.

Itsu
« Last Edit: 2021-08-18, 20:13:03 by Itsu »

Without the 440V TVS across drain source of the kacher MOSFET, and with 120V dc on the drain, the steady state levels rise to 600V quickly and the spikes seen on the drain are 1.3KV.

Expanding the time base even further shows erratic steady state and peak levels on the drain.

Yellow is drain source - voltage, blue the antenna signal picked up.

Still only 4 pulses, now drawing 3mm streamer with screwdriver on antenna.

Itsu

Group: Guest
    Itsu:
   Now do you observe any kacher/PP interaction, with your 3mm streamers?
Frying chicken, Radio Moscow sounds, hand movements ringings, etc?

NickZ

Hi Nick,

i am afraid not, all is stable, not sure what is better as in my opinion, all that "Frying chicken, Radio Moscow sounds, hand movements etc." points to oscillations (instability) in the system.

Will see what is going to happen if i start looping the 220V DC output back into the 220V/24V power supply.

itsu 

Hi Nick,

i am afraid not, all is stable, not sure what is better as in my opinion, all that "Frying chicken, Radio Moscow sounds, hand movements etc." points to oscillations (instability) in the system.

Will see what is going to happen if i start looping the 220V DC output back into the 220V/24V power supply.

Hi Itsu,

Most probably it will not loop until you get current increase on the output from Tesla coil influence.

Regards,
Vasik

Hi Nick,

itsu

Itsu:
And without it, there is stability but no interaction. As it is one sign of being close. As well as the load getting brighter when over 300w wortth of bulbs get brighter with the addition of the kacher signal. And the feed back PS led does not blink, but is steady.

Thanks guys, good to know.

But i only know for sure if things work after i have a created a loop-back path first.

Itsu

Hi Itsu,

Most probably it will not loop until you get current increase on the output from Tesla coil influence.

Regards,
Vasik

That is what I think also, and hopefully the ground line connected with the grid ground will not negatively affect the operation.
Most likely things will need to get retuned, when the feed back PS is used.

NickZ

Hi Verpies,

I think you said that you can read Russian.
Perhaps you can help. I have this fragment from a book about dual frequency resonance amplifiers.
I would like to find something similar in English and share it here, but so far I can't. May be you get better luck ?

Two Tesla coils (transmitter and receiver) and space between them can be considered as dual frequency resonance amplifier. This potentially could give us a theory of operation of the setup :)

Regards,
Vasik

OK, I'll look for something similar in English.

P.S.
Hasn't the Theory of Operation already been explained by this ?

OK, I'll look for something similar in English.

P.S.
Hasn't the Theory of Operation already been explained by this ?

That is Sergei's explanation. This will be mine :)

While we are waiting for the "explanation", it might be good to refresh our memory with another post of Geofusion video.
   I hope that there is enough juice on his Kacher's output, for proper interaction. But, I'll bet that he might just fry the induction circuit, first.
   He is showing some very interesting things, though.
   I wish he was still around, instead of lost in space. Makes me wonder...

NickZ
               Trying to get back on top...I guess that it's vacation time...  Anybody home?

https://youtu.be/vTCaF7R4Z-M

Hi Nick,

yes enjoying the vacation time when possible, not sure if the others are doing the same.

I was able to increase the kacher output by lowering the Kacher/Antenna resonance frequency to 1.2MHz by inserting a small ferrite rod into the secondary.

Streamer pulled with a screwdriver around 0.5mm now using the 4 pulses and around 130V on the drain.

But i am struggling with the combined resonance of the Grenade and inductor.
Each on their own is set to resonate at 24.4KHz, but when combined, there is a difference as if one pulls the other out of resonance.

I would like to see an increase in output bulb light when activating the kacher, but instead it dims.

So i am trying again different series caps to see if there is a combined resonance frequency possible around 24.4KHz which makes the bulb increase in light when activating the kacher.

Itsu

I thought that you had mentioned of having a 3mm spark, or streamer. I don't think that the 0.5mm spark will do the trick. That's only about 500v...
   So, I think that it's important to have the proper and needed HV interaction, before connecting up the feed back circuit loop. Or the feed back PS will hog up most of the available current. As you will probably see.
   As mentioned, the sync frequencies are not where we calculate them to be, but maybe somewhere close by, instead. I'm sure there is a good reason for that. Could be the earth ground, and such.

NickZ

Oops,  sorry, i meant 5mm (0.5cm).

Itsu

Oops,  sorry, i meant 5mm (0.5cm).

Itsu

Thanks, Itsu.  Your current 5mm streamer should work just fine. Maybe now the fun begins.
   Yes, it has been a struggle. For me too.
   Glad to hear that you are taking advantage of the summer weather. 
   Here, we are under some bad weather, from 3 different storms, and hurricanes. Both of my PCs took a dump, from the lightning, and HV charges in the air. The lightning toasts the pc memory cards, or mother boards. So, that is what I've been fixing these days. Refreshing my repair skills.

BTW: How's Vasik coming along?

NickZ

BTW: How's Vasik coming along?

I am fine.
Not working actively on this device currently - ran out of ideas about tuning.
Have issues with grounding. Also feeling unwell every time I switch it on  :(
Hopefully it's better for you guys.

-Vasik

Vasik:
    Looks nice and clean. But I don't see the Yoke core.
   Geo has shown some good result using a big toroid core.

NickZ

Vasik:
    Looks nice and clean. But I don't see the Yoke core.
   Geo has shown some good result using a big toroid core.

NickZ

Nick,

I am using this trafo instead of yoke
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=4154.msg93521#msg93521

Vasik

Vasik:
    Are you not able to find an old Russian tv yoke?
    Akula mentioned that he could not obtain self running from a smaller yoke core, so he used the 3 inch one. The mass of ferrite in the big yokes is not present on your transformer core. As this is the heart of this device, it may be important, along with the yoke being from Russia, instead of Japan or China, like mine is.
    Concerning Kacher tuning:  One thing that worked for me, was to place a current transformer on the 3t coil line, and tune the Kacher for the highest gain and output, as seen on this CT, on the scope. If you have not done so, already. Itsu may want to try that, as well.

NickZ

Are you not able to find an old Russian tv yoke?

Nick,

theoretically I can, but I don't believe it worth trouble (I have to ask somebody who travel there to find and get one for me).

Vasik

As this is the heart of this device, it may be important...
Precisely

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-06, 13:20:15