PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 20:19:38
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Hans Coler Colleage letters survived  (Read 2420 times)

I received this email today...

Dear Hartmann.

Through my wife I am a relative of Captain Rei Sandberg who was involved with the Hans Coler apparatus from 1919 up to his death in 1969. Up to quite recently Sandbergs involvement with this invention has been unknown to his family (he had no children of his own). My wife and I recently got hold of his remaining documents concerning the development of the machine. The many notebooks and letters span from 1946 up to Sandbergs death in 1969.

It seems that many people have investigated the history of this invention and i have seen some threads on a site called overunityresearch.com - especially someone with the forumname "smudge" (Cyril Smith?). I was not able to join in or contact anyone directly. However I believe you are connected to this site?

Anyhow, I am very interested in getting more material and historical background. Everything would be of interest, although I am mostly interested in the historical background rather than the science part which for the most part goes above my understanding.

Regards, Thomas Arthur Andresen.

Should I post your e-mail address so that people can contact you via e-mail !?

Yes please! Thank you very much. You can use my private adresse:

thomasarthur@fastmail.com

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Thanks Stefan, I will register him once I get a user name for him.

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Does anyone have any information about what happened after Hans Coler died?

From what I understand from Sandbergs notebooks, he accidentally comes in contact with a mr. Chambers (no first name) of Imperial Paper Mills, Gravesend. He says he has been previously working on a similar device around 1930 (at the same time he was involved in experiments on radium together with Eve Curie (who to my knowledge did not engage in scientific research)).

It seems that mr Chambers steps in for Coler and continues the research for several years (at least up to 1954). He is supported by the british on a similar agreement as Coler was. At some point he designs a new model, claiming to have a 300 v output. There are some schetches and descriptions of it.

Then the notebooks ends and apparently the invention and its development is transferred to a military research fascility in Canada. The last letter I could find from the scientist working on it there, Mr Walter White (difficult to google), is dated 1969, only a few months before Sandberg dies.

Group: Professor

What a small world we live in.  I was born in Gravesend in 1934 and lived there until 1975.  I can see the Imperial Paper Mills in my mind, it was an impressive building.  There was no mention of this continuation work in the National Archives.  I would very much like to see what Sandberg wrote about the Canadian model that produced 300V.  Did he have images or sketches of the device?

Smudge

What a strange coincidence.

I have twelve densely handwritten notebooks dated from 1946 to 1954. Some of it is very difficult to read. I have begun to transcribe it, but it will take some time. However, from what I can see so far, it doesnt contain so much technical information, but more general descriptions of the setup and subsequent adjustments on the machine and a few small scetches.

From what I understand, Chambers worked on several models in the factory in Gravesend between 1950 and 1954 where the notebooks ends. He he is at some point complaining about delays due to worker strikes in the factory.

I still dont know how or when it got transferred to Canada.

I hope to be able to fill in more later.

t.

Here is a google translation of the first description of the new Chambers model. I still havent got to read all the following, but maybe this description means something to you. It seems to me that the magnetic rods are arranged vertically in a circle with copper plates in between.

5/6 -52 Arrival London. Attempts to reach Chambers on the phone were unsuccessful.

6/6 Phone with Chambers. Agreement to meet at his home on Monday 9/6 in the evening.

9/6 Telephone with Baillie's office. Agreement on meeting 11/6.

9/6 Conversation with Chambers. Highlights: Ch. showed me his new model which to me looked completely finished and in absolutely first-class workmanship. Ch. said himself that there were only insignificant adjustments left but he did not expect to bring it out until 53. We measured the model which was 23" in diameter and the magnets were 12" high (for the outer [...]) and about 1" in cross section. There were 3 sets of magnets inside each other.

(Sketch)

The inner rings consisted of magnets with progressively smaller cross-sections. Between the magnets of the outer ring were placed vertical copper plates 3 between each pair of magnets for a total of 12 plates (analogous to the arrangement in the small model during the demonstration in M.O.S.)

During a preliminary test, the app had given about 12 V. but Ch. expected to reach 250 V later. His opinions to drive a 1 HP. motor with app. and do a duration test of 2-3 weeks as decisive proof of the new effect.

The small model has been put out of action after several months of continuous operation loaded with a lamp, as he has removed certain parts of it.

t.

From that desciption it is clear to me that Chamber's model is sigificantly different from Coler's.  You mention M.O.S. and that may be the UK Ministry of Supply.  Today it would be called Ministry of Defence (MOD).  Their people had brought Coler to the UK and installed him at SRDE (Signals Research & Development Establishment) Christchurch (long since disbanded) but supervised from RAE (Royal Aircraft Establishment).  Another coincidence, my first job on leaving school was with the M.O.S. at Woolwich, then I did my National Service in the Army where I trained on radar to become an instructor.  After that I joined a company that did work for the UK defence industry that involved me visiting many MOD establishments including RAE.  So it appears that there was still Ministry involvement in the Chamber's work, and maybe more declassified material at the National Archives yet to be uncovered.

Smudge

Looking further into Imperial Paper Mills they were originally owned by Amalgamated Press.  Their mills needed a suuply of wood pulp so they leased a large area of Spruce forest in an agreement with the Newfoundland Government.    The Anglo Newfoundland Development Company was set up who did logging and pulping there.  Large quantities of pulp were shipped to Gravesend.  Newfoundland became part of Canada in about 1950 so maybe that link to Canada  led to the work going there.  Did Canada have any military research facilites in that part of the world?  The AND company offices were in Badger.

Smudge

Interesting.

Yes MOS is Ministry of Supply.

The Canada letters from White shows that he is in 1963 representing Canadian Arsenals Limted in Ottawa. In 1969 He is representing Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, also Ottawa.

I dont think the paper mill is the link. But maybe something will show up in the notes.

I am very curious about Chambers. He must have a some higher position at the mill to be able to do this research work in the factory.

More excerpts from the notebook, Berlin 1946. Coler is set up in a temporary lab, Hurst and Sandberg has provided material for the experiment:

29/6

Continue working with the hexagon without […]

30/6 The first signs of life from the hexagon. Small impulses approx. […] of max.

1/7

At 11 m. Hurst and I came to the lab. in Potsd. 98 where Coler demonstrated sec. in operation with 250 m/w at conversion. to to […] amp. approx. 25 m/[…] M. Hurst was very satisfied and checked the clearance exactly […] the tension rose [...] to 450 m/v.

M. H. came to the conclusion that the effect could not be explained by a thermal effect (from the soldering site[…]) or in any known way. During M. Hurst's control of the soldering points, there was a break (on one of the solderings carried out in London) and the effect then dropped to 0. Soon after, it succeeded in getting the effect back again, but after a few minutes nothing further progressed. This disruption could not subsequently be restored. There were only small movements on the instrument up to 150 m/v

Still working in vain as from above Coler proposed control of [...] in the magnetic windings [...] it is disconnected by [...]

2.7.46 (continued)

M.H. considered it impossible to try more and the device was packed away. M. H. explained to C. that the case would be submitted to me. for a decision and that it was possible that they would decide to take him over to London to continue the work there. On that occasion, he was asked to draw up a list of all the material needed for the Stromerzeuger. it could be obtained at […]. C. believed that it would take 3 weeks to l[…] and about 1 week to [...]

m. H. made C [...] that in London he would be a prisoner, live in a camp and not be allowed to walk around on his own. He would receive the same treatment as other Germans working in England. 16 […] a week in […] (There is a possibility that he could […] up in the categories […] and other be[…] scientists who lived freely […] number was limited to 100) when the work was finished he had to be prepared to be sent back to Germany.

C. was willing to do anything if he only came to England and got to work with Stromerz. which he mastered. He had not dealt with the hexagon for 3 years and he had only done his best to get something out of the model, which was of unknown magnetic material.

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forum.

Might I ask of the possibility that all the notes could be uploaded to the forum?

We may be able to assist with paying for it to be scanned professionally.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Coler was working on two different systems.  The hexagon system is the magnetoapparat while the one he tried to replicate in UK was the stromerzeuger.  It is the latter that I investigated.  I have a PowerPoint presentation that helps describe the stromerzeuger but it needs putting into a zip file to post it here and I have lost my old winzip software.

Smudge

Poynt99 - Thank you for the welcome.

That is certainly a possibility I will concider. The notes are handwritten quite crude, and sometimes impossible to read, in norwegian so I dont think there are any options than to read and type manually. I believe that the complete text in a word document will amount to perhaps 200 pages. There are long passages about lunches at the club and somewhat repetetive discussions, but maybe in the end I will be able to produce a summary and include the more interesting passages, relating to either the technical development or otherwise important turn of events.

I am also interested to hear more if anyone here has replicated the Colermachine and what their experiences are and what the current theory on its effect are.

t.

Smudge - perhaps you could send me the presentation by email?

t.

For any newcomers interested in this thread there is more information on my bench here
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3844.msg77927#msg77927

Smudge

Thank you for the presentation - very interesting. I was not aware that the design of the Stromerzeuger is not available. I found the patent papers of Modersohn of 1939 - I suppose this must be the Stromerzeuger and not the Magnetstromapparat? (See attachment)

Sandbergs interest was financial and he spent so many years fascilitating and arranging and investing in this project. I found a paper in his archive saying that he first got involved as early as in 1919. The norwegian army was not involved, althought the norwegian government invested huge sums in 1926 after professor Bragstads visit to Berlin.  It seems to me that at some point Dr. Ing. Fritz Modersohn was something of a rival and then probably through him everything got confiscated by the Nazi government.

In the notebooks Sandberg is visiting Coler in Farnborough, not Christchurch, but maybe he worked at several locations at different times.

The design in your presentation reminds me of Chambers initial description of the machine he constructed around 1935:

7-8/9 -50 ... We then talked about the matter in more detail and C. told me that about 15 years ago, among many other experiments, he had built what he called "a pile" of steel plates with copper windings around. With this device, he had produced an electric current of about 2.5 V, but the current curve fell […] after a moment. He then came to surround the arrow with upright plates wrapped in the same way and then the effect remained constant. He had brought a car lamp about 12 v. […] light with this device.

Hurst and Sandberg interrogates Modersohn in Berlin, 1946:

21/6 Dr. Modensohn was consulted in Frohnau. He obviously felt unwell and […] so much about m. Hurst that he did not recognize me. This was evident from his hateful outbursts towards v. Bethmann and the foreigners in his circle. The essential part of what he said was that he had only seen [...] Stromer[...] in operation. It had an output power of 70 watts at […] watts. M. had convinced himself of the authenticity of this demonstration. He had checked the effect by connecting the same lamps that burned brightly on the secondary side, to [...] where they only glowed dimly. Moreover, he himself had carried the device around the room.

He had also had Kloss and Schumann's statements verbally confirmed. The big current. of 6 KW he had not seen but only received a description of from C. It had [...] been in operation for a short time while he was on holiday. A couple of the perm. magnets had broken, probably due to the cold from an open window, and since then C. had not succeeded in getting the device working again [...] all his devices had been bombed. Mrs. Coler had been killed on the same occasion.

M. described C. as an autodidact and a fantasist and regretted very much that Dr. Frohler (?), whom OKM had made available as an employee had been […] by the Russians (although not in connection with the C. case). M. tried to reduce our interest in the case altogether by […] until it was at a […] stage. He denied that the government had handed it over to Rh B. It had been handed over first to […] later to […]. These companies had only wanted to trick out the secret, which one had wondered about.

In the end, […] a contract was concluded with […] after DKM had worked on investigations, but then the breakdown came immediately afterwards. Dr. M. denied any knowledge of the commission's work in 1938 and of the new invention which was [...] under [...] with v. B-H. He also believed that it was a lack of material and instruments during the war that had stopped development. Likewise, he strongly emphasized the scientists' reluctance to deal with the invention because of the perpetuum mobile assosiation. In this connection, he mentioned both Z[…] and Fassbinder. Fröhlich was the only one who had faith [...] he said. Z had only looked at the case but not measured str[…] in function, said M.

Thank you for the presentation - very interesting. I was not aware that the design of the Stromerzeuger is not available. I found the patent papers of Modersohn of 1939 - I suppose this must be the Stromerzeuger and not the Magnetstromapparat? (See attachment)
It is neither.  It is a somewhat naive patent that has no connection to magnets or coils, but merely a means of using some mechanically driven variable resistors to create pseudo alternating current.

In the notebooks Sandberg is visiting Coler in Farnborough, not Christchurch, but maybe he worked at several locations at different times.
No.  The UK Government people at RAE Farnborough controlled the work so any meetings would have been there.  RAE at that time did not have lab facilities suitable for Coler's work, but SRDE at Christchurch did, so the RAE men got permission to use the SRDE facilities.  The management at SRDE did not have any control over Coler's work (something that irritated them).

The design in your presentation reminds me of Chambers initial description of the machine he constructed around 1935:

7-8/9 -50 ... We then talked about the matter in more detail and C. told me that about 15 years ago, among many other experiments, he had built what he called "a pile" of steel plates with copper windings around. With this device, he had produced an electric current of about 2.5 V, but the current curve fell […] after a moment. He then came to surround the arrow with upright plates wrapped in the same way and then the effect remained constant. He had brought a car lamp about 12 v. […] light with this device.
Yes, clearly they were doing similar things.  What convinced me that this device really did produce more power out than was put in was (a) the input was DC that could be accurately measured and (b) the method used by one of the Professors Kloss, Franke, Schumann where output power was determined by two different measurements, one direct electrical and the other by feeding the output filament bulb with measured DC power adjusted to obtain the same light intensity as that from the device.

Smudge   

Smudge - do you have any material in connection with Robert Norrby? Date of birth or anything else?

Could this be the one? His age fits. He is a businessman in Stockholm at the time of the patent application. So far, I havent found any references to Norrby in the Sandberg papers. His patent is dated may of 1920. Unruh is making his famous demonstration in 1919 and claims to have been developing the invention already since 1912.

Robert Norrby born June 7, 1875 in Sund parish, Östergötland county, died May 18, 1969 in Sund parish, Östergötland county,[2] was a Swedish place name researcher, composer, businessman and Ph.D.
Biography

Robert Norrby was the son of public school teacher and savings bank teller Claës Johnsson. After his matriculation examination at Linköping's higher general education institution in 1894, he studied at Uppsala University and became a candidate of philosophy in 1897, a licentiate in philosophy in 1902 and a doctor of philosophy in 1905. During his time in Uppsala, he was active in Östgöta nation. 1910–1947 he was CEO of AB Tjäders byrå (legal business agency and property brokerage) in Stockholm. He owned farms in several different parts of Sweden, including Skälby 1912–1942 and Vallby in Rimbo parish from 1925. 1926–1929 he was chairman of the Swedish Association of Estate Agents and 1944–1946 chairman of the Stockholm Real Estate Association. In addition, he held positions of trust in local organizations and economic associations of various kinds.

Norrby published several writings on dialect and home region research, mainly Ydre härad's farm name (1905) and Kindabygden och Ydre (1937).

He has also made himself known as a composer of some songs, mainly to texts by Karlfeldt such as Svarta Rudolf and Säng med positiv.[3]

Smudge - do you have any material in connection with Robert Norrby? Date of birth or anything else?
No, I only have the patent specification that states he is from 10 Hamngaten Stockholm.

Could this be the one? His age fits. He is a businessman in Stockholm at the time of the patent application. So far, I havent found any references to Norrby in the Sandberg papers. His patent is dated may of 1920. Unruh is making his famous demonstration in 1919 and claims to have been developing the invention already since 1912.
Yes that is possible.  He could have spent a long time experimenting before requesting a patent, and Unruh could have been involved somehow.  Perhaps Norrby showed his work to Unruh and that led to Unruh doing his own research.

Smudge

Many thanks Thomas for coming forward with these documents.  I'm sure many people will be interested in this information. Every piece of the historical jigsaw puzzle is important.

And many thanks Smudge for your dedication and work in this area.

I have a question regarding the timing of the Norrby patent filings, and the date of Willi Unruh's arrest (which I assume was in Germany - since that is where his trial took place).

The Swedish patent filing date is 24 February 1920, and the UK patent filing date is 31 May 1920.

The press clippings (below), from the London Daily Chronicle imply that Unruh would have been arrested around August 1920.

Do either of you have an exact date and place of Willi Unruh's arrest?

“Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done.” -- Amelia Earhart

Havercake - thank you very much for the post! You write would have been arrested around August 1920 but i suppose you mean 1924.

I have not been able to find much out about Unruh. The notebooks are very mysterious about him being alive in 1946 and Sandberg searching him out in the ruins of Berlin.

I looked into some Swedish archives and it seems that the Norrby I found is the same as on the patent. How and why, I do not know.

In the notebooks there are some referances to Dr. Hoffman who is also an inventor of a machine that generates electricity - the Hoffmann-dynamo, but I havent found much out on him either.

Attached is a german something about unruh and the colerapparat. I dont understand everything, maybe someone could give a full translation?

Also attached is a photo of Hoffmann with his machine.

You write would have been arrested around August 1920 but i suppose you mean 1924.

Thanks Thomas - but, yes, I did mean August 1920.

George Renwick, the Daily Chronicle correspondent, wrote in May 1924, after Unruh was issued with a five year sentence:

He has already been so long in gaol that he will only have 15 months to serve.

That means Willi Unruh had been held in custody (without bail) for nearly four years before his trial.  I don't know what the German legal system was like in the 1920s - but that sounds like a rather long time, especially as it was for a "white collar crime" (as we would say in the UK).

I guess the authorities might not have allowed bail on the grounds that he might abscond to another country.

But I find the closeness of his possible arrest date to the dates of the Norrby patents to be quite intriguing.

“Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done.” -- Amelia Earhart

Rough translations (ignoring title page):

Page 1

4./
As soon as the performance of the device has been determined
through these reports, the invention should be offered to the German
Reich.
Only if the German Reich rejects it should it be made
available to foreign countries.
In order to carry out these flanes, it is urgently necessary to have
Herzm v. Free Unruh from the Hart su at least temporarily so that he
can get his device ready. The public prosecutor's office rejects the
suspension of punishment because there is incompetence and the
completion of the apparatus is not a major suspension of punishment,
especially since it is not clear whether the apparatus actually
caught fire. The opinion of the public prosecutor's office may be
formally correct, but it does not take into account the importance
of the unfoundedness. rafted
Incidentally, Unruh has lost about 50 pounds over
the years of eseft and suffers from chronic gallbladder
catarrh and continued biliary calcium. In my opinion,
there are doubts about his toughness.
On the other hand, the invention of unrest, if it exists,
is of such enormous consequence that the German
Reich has the greatest interest in clarifying this question
as quickly as possible and in exploiting the invention
in its own interest. If the balance apparatus does what it
has done for a while, then a transformation is imminent
which, in my opinion, is as important as the monitoring
of the fire for Henschheit.
It is therefore urgently necessary that v. Unruh
s to release at least one Monet from prison as quickly as
possible, for the two reasons listed above, so that the above-
mentioned plans can be implemented as quickly as possible

Page 2

Sheok forgery sentenced to 5 years in prison. The experts,
who had not seen the apparatus working, explained that,
according to the known laws of nature and the current state of
science, it was impossible for the apparatus to have the
highest performance.
In the second instance, the experts repeated their opinion.
However, the power was stopped. 4 years reduced, taking into
account 2 years of examination booklet and retention period of one
year, so that 1 year remains to be wasted, of which around 4
lonate have been served.
Umrah is currently in pretrial detention in double
custody.
The second instance did not find, as the first instance did,
that the apparatus was fraudulent because a large number of independent
witnesses were able to testify that they had frequently seen
the apparatus in operation and had not detected any errors despite
all the efforts.
The second Inatans therefore had to leave open the question
of whether the device was a baby's diaper or not, but condemned
Unruh because he had spent large sums of money on an
unfinished device and used it for himself.
During Unruh's pre-trial detention, his brother Hana built
an apparatus on his behalf to guide Naghmeia to ensure that
his Bradere's apparatus did not commit fraud and to
help his brother in the criminal process. This apparst has also
burned repeatedly, but is not currently burning.
In the last few months there has been a major turnaround.
D. Coler of both apparatus, i.e. H. that of Silly and that of Hans v.
Balance wheel, as well as the walking inscription of Willy v. Unruh
knows exactly, built a device that works. But the apparatus is essential

Page 3

Lawyer and notary

Berlin, AM
(corner of Fasistrate on Krish

Saturday 2nd
Salivation: 4-7 revs

Follo Moabit 1717

Cash accounts
Discha deposit fund Ah-Moshi 100

essentially lighter than the Unrih one and does not have the
great achievements of the same. Un mun differences and patent
disputes between the Grappon v. Unruh and Coler au avoid,
both have united and are also in the process of producing the
Grappe Hang v. Unruh, as well as another group Conrad with
Hans v. Unruh worked to sing up so that everyone interested
in the device would be united in a Spitson group.
Interested parties from abroad have already gathered
around Colert's apparatus and have had their
expert provide a copy of the attached report.
Ha there is the following plan:
All interested groups should be brought together
immediately, if possible in the next few days, into a unified
Unruh-Coler group.
This plan has already largely been implemented.
20/
The balance device that was installed after Willy von. The
balance wheel has now been completed and should be set to
burn immediately. Last Friday, with the permission of the public
prosecutor's office, von Unruh went through several attempts
to switch on his device, discovered and eliminated
significant errors, and had notable initial successes. According to his
belief, it is still a matter of hours or days until the device returns
to its previous performance.
3./As soon as the apparatus is activated, the criminal trial experts
should be called in immediately and examine the apparatus.
b

Page 4

1k 3715 qu. 15/5 15.
Betel Berlin,
May 25th

Attorney and notary

hours-1 and 2-7 p.m.
Saturday Ur
Consultation hours: 4 a.m

Mr
State Secretary Dr. Kempner,
Berlin
Bank account: Disconto-Gesellschaft
Depositinkanse Alt Moab 100
Praticinck account Berlin No. 7t
Reich Chancellery Wilhelmstr.
Dear Mr. State Secretary,
Referring to your conversation with the Horren Dr. Jossel
and Wolff allow me to submit the following to Linen:
The engineer Willy v. Unruh (nobility denied) made
an invention or discovery a few years ago that was supposed
to make it possible to generate large quantities of electricity
using small means.
The first small experimental apparatus worked in 1912.
In the years that followed, the experiments continued and were
partially interrupted by the war.
In 1916, however, a larger apparatus was already in operation.
After the wars, especially in 1980, an even larger apparatus
demonstrated considerable achievements.
Uartih was approached by a large number of money people,
both national and foreign, who wanted to earn money by exploiting
the device. However, it cannot be used because Unruh always
feared that his discovery would be brought to his attention and because
the device only burned occasionally.
In the fall of 1922, a number of financiers filed a lawsuit
against Unruh for fraud, and in November 1922 he was
simultaneously arrested for alleged fraudulent fraud.
The pre-trial detention dragged on for years and Unruh was put through
the apparatus in the first instance because of Bega and because of Scheab

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 20:19:38