PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 03:20:43
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: The Patent Of William Barbat  (Read 178954 times)

Thanks Chet. I'll have a read through the thread.

I also found this in one of the Mannix / Steven Marks emails:

By the way, something strange is that, once I made a unit with some old corroded wire for the collector and it worked very well for it's size. I made another identical collector with shiny new wire and it did not work quite as well. I never found out why, but there was a difference.

Sounds like wire with some sort of surface plating might have played a part in the SM TPU. As I mentioned in another thread, the author of patent US20140159845A1 seems to think that semiconducting coating is important.

Applicant has further deduced that such low-mass electrons must have originated in a thin-film coating of cupric oxide (CuO) on the antenna wire. CuO is adull-black, polycrystalline, semiconducting compound that develops in situ on copper and bronze wire in the course of annealing the wire in the presence of air. Such CuO coatings have been observed by Applicant on historical laboratory wire at the Science Museum at Oxford University, U.K., and on copper house wire of that era in the U.S., indicating that CuO coatings were commonplace. In later years, annealing has taken place under conditions that prevent most oxidation. This is followed by acid treatment to remove any remaining oxides, leaving shiny wire.

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Tin plated copper, copper has 28 electrons and Tin has 50.

Regards

Mike

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 03:20:43