PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 20:45:31
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Circuit sj1. Terse and Technical only.  (Read 165099 times)
Group: Elite Experimentalist

Luc:  

1.067 V across the 4700 Ohm Rout is significantly low, compared to my circuit and the replication by Les K.

@PhysicsProf,

have you or Les K. measured Pout the way I did?  If so please point me to where I can see this data.

Relying on scopes only can be misleading!... I don't think anything beats a real load test.

If I'm wrong, then I have had OU two or more years back and could not prove it using this method.

Thanks for sharing

Luc

Group: Moderator

Thanks for posting your schematic, Luc.  
 You still have not said how you measure the output current -- there is no CSRout in your circuit, for instance.
With the Co in parallel with Ro as you have it, the Co will charge rapidly at first, then the current will be shared between the Ro and Co, with more and more "output" current going through Ro, probably until Co-voltage reaches some maximum value...  a while back I had this arrangement, but don't see how it helps you measure the output current.

So please tell us how you measure Pout -- especially how you measure Iout -- with this variation.  

@Ion -- thanks for the URL; will study.

--Steve

Group: Guest
@Ion -- thanks for the URL; will study.

Seems again the problem is measuring...that's always the way to declare that it is not there. It was the same to declare that cold fusion is not there.

I believe here is a simple way to show it is there beyond any doubt:

Forget about scopes.

Use two big caps (electrolytic is OK -- bigs ones are usually of that kind), both can be precharged, but put one at the input, one at the output. No more measuring resistors to reduce energy waste, no more resistors at output.

Then, after a few seconds, remeasure the voltages of both capacitors. Calculate the stored energy by 0.5*C*V^2. Find the change in energy, and compute the n by: (Input Energy)/(Output Energy).

This is simple, this is direct, this should resolve the measuring problem.

...Use two big caps (electrolytic is OK -- bigs ones are usually of that kind), both can be precharged, but put one at the input, one at the output...

It might be good to precharge the cap at the output -- to make sure in each cycle, the gating diode shuts off.

Thanks for posting your schematic, Luc.  
 You still have not said how you measure the output current -- there is no CSRout in your circuit, for instance.
With the Co in parallel with Ro as you have it, the Co will charge rapidly at first, then the current will be shared between the Ro and Co, with more and more "output" current going through Ro, probably until Co-voltage reaches some maximum value...  a while back I had this arrangement, but don't see how it helps you measure the output current.

So please tell us how you measure Pout -- especially how you measure Iout -- with this variation.  

--Steve

Humm ???

I did say I did not use a scope so why would I have a CSRout in the circuit.
I used an online calculator http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-ohm.htm to obtain Pin and Pout. I also posted the shots of the calculators!... so I thought it was clear enough!

Anyways, here's how I did it. I click on the link above C.C and entered the voltage measured across the load resistor and enter the value of the resistor and click calculate. This gives Pout. You can also do V x V / R to get P

For Pin I used the same site but used the lower calculator. Enter input current and voltage and click calculate to get Pin.

Been using this method for a while. Works great ;)

Luc

Hi XN:

I notice your replication is different from Steve's build in a number of ways, such as transistor, toroid core, etc. could those play a role in barring you from observing the same effect as that by him?

lanenal

If there was a gain of 8 times the energy, the conversion to DC would show large overunity in despite of losses.
With random shape signals, probe capacitances or transient signals are enough to falsify the measurements.
After many measurements in DC where errors are unlikely, my conclusion is that there is no overunity. The best efficiency is around 60%.
We face a new "rosemary's circuit": a conventional circuit behaving in accord with all laws of electronics, only the blind faith from observers being able to make it miraculous. It is a pity to see the incongruous announce in pesn.com, contributing to the urban legend of the 'Joule Thief' circuit.

Overunity doesn't need a battery. Nevertheless if an energy source is used, at least the device must be running during a much longer time than the source allows. Overunity claims imply a selfsustaining and duplicable device. If these points are not met, we have the right to shut up and to continue to work.
The lack of deontology of most actors in free energy is very disappointing.

Hi XN:

I notice your replication is different from Steve's build in a number of ways, such as transistor, toroid core, etc. could those play a role in barring you from observing the same effect as that by him?

lanenal

Excellent point, and I await REPLICATIONS, actual replications.  You may be right, XN -- further replications and tests will tell.  I have not given up, certainly, and I'm encouraged by the apparent good will by most experimenters in this field.

Your point regarding caps is a good one also, laneal.  This weekend I have placed four 10,000 uF caps in parallel, and have managed to get the system to feed back into these caps.  There is NO battery in the system, only caps.   The voltage across the caps is nearly constant now, dropping very slowly  with LED lit and no CSR's --  my problem is that the caps detached from the circuit drop in voltage at a measurably significant rate.  This particular system does not appear to have demonstrable OU, but again the leaky caps are a problem.

AS noted earlier (perhaps at OU), I am trying to find caps that do not leak so fast.  Any ideas on this would be helpful.

A brief comment on
 a possible source of anomalous energy that we know very little about (except for its existence):

"What Is Dark Energy?

More is unknown than is known. We know how much dark energy there is because we know how it affects the Universe's expansion. Other than that, it is a complete mystery. But it is an important mystery. It turns out that roughly 70% of the Universe is dark energy.
Dark matter makes up about 25%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the Universe. Come to think of it, maybe it shouldn't be called "normal" matter at all, since it is such a small fraction of the Universe. "...

"Another explanation for dark energy is that it is a new kind of dynamical energy fluid or field, something that fills all of space but something whose effect on the expansion of the Universe is the opposite of that of matter and normal energy. Some theorists have named this "quintessence," after the fifth element of the Greek philosophers. But, if quintessence is the answer, we still don't know what it is like, what it interacts with, or why it exists. So the mystery continues. "

Read more:  http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy/

PS -- I will be gone most of the day today (Memorial day).

This weekend I have placed four 10,000 uF caps in parallel, and have managed to get the system to feed back into these caps.  There is NO battery in the system, only caps.   The voltage across the caps is nearly constant now, dropping very slowly  with LED lit and no CSR's --  my problem is that the caps detached from the circuit drop in voltage at a measurably significant rate.  This particular system does not appear to have demonstrable OU, but again the leaky caps are a problem.

I think we can still make a quicky estimate of our system even with the Caps dynamics.  Let's say:

-D - I + O = net

D= capacitor leak power, negative denotes losses
I = Input power, negative denotes losses
O = Output power
net = Input power with leaks
(this is conservative estimate because we left out circuit efficient)

If we have ideal Caps and 100% efficient circuit, then -I + O = 0 , then we can say -I + O = net + D for non ideal circuit.  If net + D >0 , we have overunity.  In another word, we compares the rate of Cap discharge under looped operation to the rate of Caps leak when detached.  We can conclude the circuit is OU or not.  Of course this is valid on the assumption that Caps leak rate is independent of its commission. 

I think we can still make a quicky estimate of our system even with the Caps dynamics.  (snip)

If we have ideal Caps and 100% efficient circuit, then -I + O = 0 , then we can say -I + O = net + D for non ideal circuit.  If net + D >0 , we have overunity.  In another word, we compares the rate of Cap discharge under looped operation to the rate of Caps leak when detached.  We can conclude the circuit is OU or not.  Of course this is valid on the assumption that Caps leak rate is independent of its commission.  

Right.  Limited time today (holiday w/ family) -- but I did a quick test.  Four 10K uF caps, to run the sj1 circuit.  By measuring the volts before and after 30 seconds on the caps, I can calculate input power!

delta-E = 1/2 C(Vi**2 - Vf**2) ,  Pin = deltaE / delta-T  , 30 seconds.  C = 40mF.

Start, Vinitial = 1.385V  , Vfinal =  1.255V

So delta-E = 6.8 mJoules.
 and Pin = 6.8mj/30sec= 0.23 mW,   pls check my math. 

EDITED to replace minutes with seconds above.

in reasonable agreement with the Tek-scope measurement under similar conditions, perhaps...
(see reply #1 for the data, Pin on the left).

Again, the Tek3032 is distant from here, so I can't do the two measurements within minutes, but I think this tends to verify the scope method.

I would ask Itsu to do the same thing on his sj1 circuit, and compare with the dual-DMM method.  I like to check things out.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-31, 06:48:52 by PhysicsProf »

Right.  Limited time today (holiday w/ family) -- but I did a quick test.  Four 10K uF caps, to run the sj1 circuit.  By measuring the volts before and after 30 seconds on the caps, I can calculate input power!

delta-E = 1/2 C(Vi**2 - Vf**2) ,  Pin = deltaE / delta-T  , 30 seconds.  C = 40mF.

Start, Vinitial = 1.385V  , Vfinal =  1.255V

So delta-E = 6.8 mJoules.
 and Pin = 6.8/o.5min = 13.6 mW,   pls check my math.

in reasonable agreement with the Tek-scope measurement under similar conditions, 10 mW
(see reply #1 for the data, Pin on the left).

Again, the Tek3032 is distant from here, so I can't do the two measurements within minutes, but I think this tends to verify the scope method.

I would ask Itsu to do the same thing on his sj1 circuit, and compare with the dual-DMM method.  I like to check things out.

This is exciting, professor! We should definitely do it this way -- just two caps and two DMMs! This would lower the bar so that the majority of us can replicate what you have done. Please give exact specifications of your components and circuit without any suggestions for substitutions/alternatives in a single post once this simple and self-evident method of measuring corroborates your results.

lanenal

Thanks, laneal...  working on it.  However -- I need to note that I'm going on travel Thurs am, so I won't have much lab time for about ten days... sigh...

Over at OU, Nul-pts and Xee2 caught an error I made in the math above -- I asked that someone check my math as I was rushing out the door, and they did.

W= J/s of course, not J/min.

And this means that the power input is really close to zero, at
Pin = 6.87J/30s = 0.23mW[/quote]

The mean power is close to zero as seen on both the Tek 3230 and my little ATTEN, as I've been saying....  often bouncing around zero on this circuit.

Now -- the LED on the output leg still lights up, though dimly... at 0.23mW input power...  hmmm...
I've repeated the measurement now several times at voltages between approx. 1.2 and 2 Vin from the cap...
Always the input power is in this small range, around 0.2 - .3 mW  input power...

There are three of us now in my small town working on this little circuit!  Bob is planning to increase Cb, slow the thing down, and see what happens.  All three of us have our own scopes, so this is getting fun...
BUT... it is still just "evidence for" OU at this stage, not a proof yet. I hope that is clear.

(PS -- I helped my expecting daughter most of the day, that's why I was slow in responding.  She's preparing for the baby coming soon!  proud grand-pa here...)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-31, 05:46:40 by PhysicsProf »

Thanks, laneal...  working on it.  However -- I need to note that I'm going on travel Thurs am, so I won't have much lab time for about ten days... sigh...

Over at OU, Nul-pts and Xee2 caught an error I made in the math above -- I asked that someone check my math as I was rushing out the door, and they did.

W= J/s of course, not J/min.

And this means that the power input is really close to zero, at
Pin = 6.87J/30s = 0.23mW

The mean power is close to zero as seen on both the Tek 3230 and my little ATTEN, as I've been saying.

Now -- the LED on the output leg still lights up, though dimly... at 0.23mW input power...  hmmm...
I've repeated the measurement now several times at voltages between approx. 1.2 and 2 Vin from the cap...
Always the input power is in this small range, around 0.2 - .3 mW  input power...

There are three of us now in my small town working on this little circuit!  Bob is planning to increase Cb, slow the thing down, and see what happens.  All three of us have our own scopes, so this is getting fun...
BUT... it is still just "evidence for" OU at this stage, not a proof yet. I hope that is clear.

(PS -- I helped my expecting daughter most of the day, that's why I was slow in responding.  She's preparing for the baby coming soon!  proud grand-pa here...)

Oh no, professor, 10 days! ... I can't just wait so I will probably have my own build...but have a nice trip! With so much excitement going on, life is good! I'm glad for you, professor.

lanenal

Hey, that's great laneal -- so glad to hear you're going to do a replication.

So I think we have a straightforward way to measure the input power Pin without an oscilloscope, using a cap and a stopwatch.

Measuring Pout will be more difficult.
 On the output leg of the circuit, the voltage shows large swings, typically 12 V or so Vpp.  One could put a rectifier FWBR in this output leg, then charge a cap...  As long as that did not adversely affect the circuit performance.

I would replace the LED with a diode in the same direction, so that less power is dumped on the diode-LED, and more on the output Capacitor...  Wish I had more time for this, but I've a long-planned road trip coming up Thursday, so away from my home lab for about ten days at that point... sigh...  missing out on some of the fun here...

Hi XN:

lanenal

You are right, lanenal. I confirm that if you have not the exact ferrite toroid of Physicsprof, the same x ohms resistances at less than 0.00001% margin of error compared to his, the same oscilloscope with probes of same capacitance, the same battery of x V within 0.00001% error, the same transistor of the same lot, the same capacitors of x pF, you can't achieve overunity. It is a general problem in free energy and a very big difference with conventional science: without departing from the spirit of the invention, nobody having exactly the same components as the inventors, nobody is able to duplicate the miraculous machines. Too bad!   ;)

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Dear Professor

Measuring power out (into a load resistor or LED or combination thereof)  vs. power in misses a part of the picture. How do you account for energy that may arise or be absorbed in the form of heat in the ferrite core or other device that is part of the system. You will miss it.

You can carefully measure the temperature rise of each component and try to sum these heat gains or losses.

I chose the dual chamber thermal balance bridge method in order to account for all gains and losses using a null balance technique against a known power input and heat source in a second test chamber.

This allows real time steady state monitoring and logging of real power in and out of the DUT.

As we have said before, other types of energy loss may be difficult to account for, such as radiated RF, but the test setup can be modified with absorbers to turn the radiated RF into heat energy, such that it can be measured as part of the black box I/O.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Dear Professor

Measuring power out (into a load resistor or LED or combination thereof)  vs. power in misses a part of the picture. How do you account for energy that may arise or be absorbed in the form of heat in the ferrite core or other device that is part of the system. You will miss it.

You can carefully measure the temperature rise of each component and try to sum these heat gains or losses.

I chose the dual chamber thermal balance bridge method in order to account for all gains and losses using a null balance technique against a known power input and heat source in a second test chamber.

This allows real time steady state monitoring and logging of real power in and out of the DUT.

As we have said before, other types of energy loss may be difficult to account for, such as radiated RF, but the test setup can be modified with absorbers to turn the radiated RF into heat energy, such that it can be measured as part of the black box I/O.
ION -- I would like to understand your method better, but found your other thread (which was closed IIRC) to be hard to understand.  Since you are here, could you explain the method more thoroughly?  Is it basically a calorimetric method as it appears?  

I have suggested above in this thread a straightforward calorimetric test along these lines:

1.  The initial energy is provided by a capacitor charged to a measured voltage, Vcap-start.  
Ecap-start = 1/2 *C* Vin**2

2.  The ENTIRE device is placed inside a precision calorimeter, with just one or two thin wires to permit "turning on" the device.  
I have not worked out how this is done in detail; it could simply be that a switch is turned to on with a single thin wire.

3.  From runs down previously, it is know how long it takes for the cap to go from Vin to a lower value (above the cut-off point for the DUT).  For example, one could go from Vin = 2.5 V to Vstop = 2 V in 10 seconds, turning off the switch when the device is inside the calorimeter at 10 seconds.  (The ending voltage Vstop is measured soon after the run.)

4.  Ein is simply Ecap-start minus Ecap-stop.  

5.  Eout from the entire system is determined by the calorimeter.

6.  The efficiency is simply n = Eout / Ein.

There is a concern that the operation of the device may be affected by the shielding of the calorimeter, but I think this approach is worth a try.

Do you see any problems with this method?  And -- is it similar to your method?

@exnihiloest -- I somehow missed the detail on how you measured Eout or Pout.  Pin is relatively straightforward -- but could you delineate just how you determine Pout or Eout?  Thanks in advance.

Hi PhysicsProf,

i saw your latest input info with the 30 sec. cap test.
You say 0.23mW as in 230uW?  That is extremely low in my opinion, especially when you say that the output p2p is around 11V (which is the same as with me), and with the led dimly on.

My latest attempt using the dual DDM shows 13,7mA at 1.37 V which means 18.7mW.

When trying to use 4 x 6.3V/10KuF caps (40mF) as the source, it drained them within 10 seconds.

I will try with 10 x 10KuF (0.1F) later tonight and make a video of it, but don't think it will last for 30 seconds.

Using your cap math on my values (startV 1,54, endingV 0,768V, time 5 seconds, C=40mF), the Pin comes at 7.127mW, but can hardly be considered trustworthy this way.

Anyway, have a nice time traveling,

regards Itsu

Hi PhysicsProf,

i saw your latest input info with the 30 sec. cap test.
You say 0.23mW as in 230uW?  That is extremely low in my opinion, especially when you say that the output p2p is around 11V (which is the same as with me), and with the led dimly on.

My latest attempt using the dual DDM shows 13,7mA at 1.37 V which means 18.7mW.

When trying to use 4 x 6.3V/10KuF caps (40mF) as the source, it drained them within 10 seconds.

I will try with 10 x 10KuF (0.1F) later tonight and make a video of it, but don't think it will last for 30 seconds.

Using your cap math on my values (startV 1,54, endingV 0,768V, time 5 seconds, C=40mF), the Pin comes at 7.127mW, but can hardly be considered trustworthy this way.

Anyway, have a nice time traveling,

regards Itsu

Yes, as in less than a milliWatt.   Something is different, obviously, in our two systems.  Do you have variable resistors Ro and Rr, that you vary to minimize Pin (using the scope)?  I look at the power waveform, which oscillates around zero, and try to get the above-zero spikes to equal (in area) the below-zero spikes.  Of course, for this one needs the MATH function, V(t)*I(t).

What is the resistance in your toroidal windings?  Do you use a red LED?  IIRC, you used white -- that may make a difference.  The red is dim under these conditions, but visible.

Also, would you pls check using the cap/stopwatch method the Pin -- and compare with the dual-DMM method?  that's an important test you are in a position to do.

Itsu -- I just watched your latest vid:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7x2Y0gdXWQ&feature=uploademail

Quite well done.  Thank you for this research effort.
   You are using about 2Kohms for Rb, whereas I'm using 51Kohms for Rb, in the test I did yesterday (and see my post #1).  Pls try with about 51kOhms, and a red LED, would you?  could bring us more into line.
Rb 51K
MPS2222
C-B 151 pF
D red LED
L-B, L-O bifilar 9turns, ferrite toroid 1"OD,  ~90uH each
 -- PhysicsProf, post#1

Notes:

1.  Yesterday, the dual - DMM method of .99 gave 34mW, today 18.7mW -- and you noted you had NOT changed the circuit.
Strange...  Does the DMM method give variable results?  or is it the circuit which changes?

2.  You did the Cap/stopwatch method and have some results -- interesting.  I attach a screen-shot of your results.
You say that the highest value is most in line with the DMM method, 12.2 mW.  Yes, but this still does not appear to agree with the dual-MM method, 18.7mW or 34mW.
Conclusion:  dual DMM-method vis-a-vis the cap/time method needs further checking.

Thanks again, Itsu.

Great, you found the video allready.

Yes, i agree, we have some differences between the 2 circuits, and indeed the dual DMM method creates different results all the time.
I understood you used with your latest circuit the 2K Ohm Rb resistor, but probably i misunderstood.

I will try to match the components as close as possible, starting with a new coil, as mine now has an inductance of 930mH each (12 turns) .

But i think this Hartley oscillator is doing what it suppose to do; oscillate....broadband

Regards Itsu.

Great, you found the video allready.

Yes, i agree, we have some differences between the 2 circuits, and indeed the dual DMM method creates different results all the time.
I understood you used with your latest circuit the 2K Ohm Rb resistor, but probably i misunderstood.

I will try to match the components as close as possible, starting with a new coil, as mine now has an inductance of 930mH each (12 turns) .

But i think this Hartley oscillator is doing what it suppose to do; oscillate....broadband

Regards Itsu.

" indeed the dual DMM method creates different results all the time."   This is significant!  please provide a few more examples of how this varies, would you?  And then i hope for some comment from .99   ;)

Thanks so much, Itsu.  I have used Rb of 51Kohms and sometimes 2kohms, and I try to indicate when I use a particular value; apologize for the confusion.
inductance of 930mH each (12 turns) .

Pls check that -- seems very high.  Mine are about 90microH each.

Itsu -- note that Hoppy at OU has also gone to a higher Rb and gets 4 mW:

Anyway, with 56K I get a sinusoidal waveform scoped emitter to ground and the in / out power levels measured across 1R shunt resistors (without the additional 3R) appear to be fairly closely matched on my scope at around 4mW... Hoppy

So pls let us know what you get.  I've asked him just how he measures 4mW...

PhysicsProf,

OK,  i will keep on experimenting, but i am on my work right now, so that will be later today.

Concerning the: " indeed the dual DMM method creates different results all the time." , what i meant is that it probably is not the dual DDM method itself (i think its accurate), but rather
the nature of this circuit (oscillator) which keeps on influencing the components (capacitive feedback) and creating different oscillations all the time (and current pull).

Concerning the inductance of the coils, i think yours are very low (90microH)  :)
I wound another one (smaller od, 8 windings each, so more in line with yours), and measured it to be 330mH (1 third of my former one).

Anyway, i am following the severall forums, so i will keep up with the results others are presenting.

Regards Itsu

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 20:45:31