PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 20:23:32
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: FEMM shows interesting OU effect, the airgap is everything.  (Read 3684 times)

Group: Professor

Broli,

KJ Magnetics manufacture NdFeB circular arc segments that can be put together to form a ring where the field is virtually fully confined within the ring, see FEMM result in the image below.  I have played with these and you need great care in building up the ring because of the huge attractive forces involved.  So you can create your ring magnet experiment.

Smudge

Broli,

KJ Magnetics manufacture NdFeB circular arc segments that can be put together to form a ring where the field is virtually fully confined within the ring, see FEMM result in the image below.  I have played with these and you need great care in building up the ring because of the huge attractive forces involved.  So you can create your ring magnet experiment.

Smudge

Thanks for the suggestion Smudge, I was thinking about doing something similar with very flat cylindric magnets and orientating them in a circular path but this seems less of a pain in the ass.

I am still not too sure how the coercive strength of different PM materials could affect the potential experimental result. I would assume you dont want something that is too hard of a PM for it to not reorientate much of any domains and not too soft so the domains can still "spring back" due to their neighboring aligned domains.

Here is another illustration I did and an analogy on the previous one in the long document I attached previously. To kind of also illustrate what happens inside of the core. All the forces and torques make more sense if you view it this way rather than the concept of imaginary fields. In fact I believe we could even physically SEE this gyromagnetic effect in action by using thin disc/square magnets on a wheel and attaching to bearings so they can swivel as seen in the attached illustration.

The "rotor" magnet would be in a perpetually torqued state due to the continuous angular momentum change it causes on the flat magnets (domains in a core). This continuous and perpetual imbalance causing a net angular momentum change over every angle causes a unidirectional torque. If the rotor magnet were a coil it would see a change in field and react to this by reducing its "current" which would be an energy loss as we know. But this does not happen due to the permanent spin of the electron, and THAT is where the energy comes from.

Would be interesting to see if such setup would impart enough angular momentum as the gyromagnetic effect is rather small. However recently we have seen that this is not always the case and that we can see this effect even on the macroscopic scale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijGMLErqck

I believe the "relaxing" phase might also be important because you need a continuous change occurring.

PS: The force vectors shown is NOT what causes the proposed effect. These are merely the electromagnetic forces at play, these are conservative and dont cause energy changes, however the gyromagnetic effect is there too and THAT combined with the nature of spin linked to the crystal lattice mechanical momentum is what I propose. The magnet array just helps to align the misaligned magnets back and reset the whole system essentially for free which in a purely mechanical gyroscopic system would be almost impossible to emulate without major losses. From keeping your gyroscopes spinning with motors, to perhaps a hydraulic system for the spring back effect to using a conservative force like electrostatics to the direction flipping? Electromagnetism and Gyromagnetic ratio essentially eliminate all of this complexicity for us and we end up with little system losses, in order to maximize the true energy source by torquing down the spin of the very electron.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 20:23:32