PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 17:42:13
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Did we go to the Moon  (Read 41630 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
You are debunking a straw man. Who ever said the actual touchdown was sideways? That would be very dangerous; you would not want the thing to snag a leg on a rock and tip over.

You can see in the original Apollo 11 video of the final descent and landing that the _approach_ to touchdown was drifting sideways as Armstrong maneuvered the ship to a flat spot. He nearly ran the thing out of fuel, too! You can see how the dust was blown around by the engine blast. Look at the pictures of the module and notice the long "feelers" that reach down from the landing legs. The thing essentially fell from a few feet of altitude straight down once the engine shut off. Very slowly since the moon's gravity is less than 1/6 that of earth's. 

Every one of your conspiracy theory "facts" has a similar history of straw-men, misunderstandings, misinterpretations of data, and more. They have all been dealt with many times over.

Not so fast TK,as the evidence is stacked against man landing on the moon-not for it.
There are facts that the moon walker believers steer clear of,and never answer--we will cover those soon.

Quote: Don't forget that _all_ this "hoax" stuff had to be in place and working, available for examination, in 1969. We watched it live, most of it, on television back then!

What proof do you have that it was live?
How can you tell if you are watching something on TV that is live or pre- recorded?

Despite the fact that some idiot's got hold of this footage,and plastered foul language over it ,who would go to all this trouble-not to mention the money involved,to set up this set ,just to prove NASA faked the moon landings.

The lander is full size,and an exact match.
The picture looks the same quality as provided by NASA.
The moon looks like it dose in the NASA video's
So what go's here ?
Turn the volume off,and watch the video.
Minus a few added extra bits of crap,it looks like the real deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YEf124g4dU

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Buy me some coffee

Note the "scoured" looking surface from dust having been blown away:

Another straw man. The lander's footpads were never exposed to the high velocity abrasive dust blast because the engine was shut off while the pads were still several feet up from the surface. The contact sensors were "spikes" that extended down some distance from the pads themselves. Once the sensors indicated contact, the descent engine was shut off and the lander "fell" a few feet straight down onto the pads. Since there is no air on the moon, no dust was kicked up by the actual pads as they "fell" vertically into contact with the surface.

In your video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_OD2V6fMLQ
it is clearly stated that the engines were shut down after touchdown-4:43-->contact lite,ok engines stop.
Your picture also says Decent engine on at touchdown.

That sure doesn't look like any "Styrofoam cut out bits" to me.
Besides, Styrofoam chips also electrostatically stick to just about anything don't they?

Are you sure?-see pic below.

Group: Guest
Just one point: the "contact light on, engine shutdown" happened when the _probes_ made contact, not the pads. The pads were still over 4 feet up when the contact light was triggered. Then you have to figure in the reaction time of the pilot and the system, so the engine was shut off while the pads were still a couple feet up. You are misinterpreting that graph.

I think the story of Stanley Kubrick making "backup fake videos" of a simulated landing may be true, and I know he was given some very fast video lenses by NASA (which he used to shoot "Barry Lyndon"). But that does not negate the fact of the successful landings.

For your conspiracy theory to be true there would have to be literally thousands of people in on it. And then you have to believe that all this sophisticated hoaxing went on, but they were so stupid as to leave the rather simple things that you are citing as "evidence" of a hoax. When in fact all the things you and others have cited are actually misinterpretations, misunderstandings, and the results of very shallow "research".

How can you prove to me that you _really_ don't believe in the landings? We only have your word for it. Whereas we have the words of all the people who actually did walk on the moon, all the people who worked hard and made sacrifices to get them there and return them safely, all the television anchors (like Walter Cronkite, ffs!) who reported on it in real time, all the radio Hams who monitored the comms in real time..... the evidence FOR the successful landings and returns is overwhelming. While we only have your word that you don't actually believe it. I think _you_ are hoaxing us!

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: TinK
For your conspiracy theory to be true there would have to be literally thousands of people in on it.

Those who have not "lived" Government/Military Security programs
and their attendant Compartmentalization believe such fantasy.

While thousands are in fact supportive of each effort; their "need
to know" assures that they know virtually nothing about the
legitimacy of the effort or whether it is in fact deception.

Those at the level of knowing and planning the deception are
very few indeed.  They are duly sworn to protect the "secrets"
under penalty of death.  Very few talk.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Professor

Everyman decries immorality
I am far too busy at the moment to spend time on this thread.

I am surprised there are members here who feel it should be pushed to the forefront at this time. Odd..

Those members defending empirical observations are excluded from this criticism as long as they realise "they" are wasting your talented time.. time better spent on vision and progress!

Why am I posting in this thread ?  ??? Laters..

and for the record:

For your conspiracy theory to be true there would have to be literally thousands of people in on it.

Happens all the time, people have salaries and responsibilities and pensions and children and they don't talk even much amongst themselves, they are selected for that trait, and when they do they know little of the big picture. It's the high level analysts that get the low level intel briefed to them, and they make objective observations and recommendations.. just how it's always been and they don't say shit rarely, usually when they know death is imminent and don't care for consequences no more.

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I would ask members to consider the questions I posed in the start of this thread:

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=349.0

A few of of these issues are seldom discussed.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

I would ask members to consider the questions I posed in the start of this thread:

(Grr... I just made a long post addressing these issues but lost it when my browser crashed... .when will I learn?)

What is in that cigar you're smoking? And you better be careful it doesn't ignite your straw men!

Google "Apollo splashdowns" and look at the photos and videos. All faked?
Note that the Hasselblad cameras and film magazines were _modified_ with heavier metal film magazine cases and other anti-radiation features. Also note that many of the photos DO in fact show radiation traces when carefully examined.
http://www.clavius.org/envradfilm.html
https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/17301/how-was-it-possible-for-the-apollo-11-to-film-and-take-pictures-with-such-radiat
(enlarge the photo and examine the sky, you will note many radiation tracks)
Note that the trajectories avoided most of the Van Allen belt areas, and note what James Van Allen himself said regarding that issue.
Note that the landings happened during solar minimum, and that they were in the lunar "mornings" when the sun's angle was low in the lunar sky.
Note that nevertheless almost all the Apollo astronauts suffered from cataracts due to radiation exposure.

All of your "seldom discussed" points have indeed been discussed and explained and refuted many times over, as a few minutes googling showed me, and will show you if you just bother to look and can avoid being saturated by all the "conspiracy faked landing" sites that pop up.

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

All hoaxed, fake photos? You cannot possibly be serious.

Apollo 5 unmanned LEM tests:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_5

Apollo 9 manned testing the LEM in Earth orbit:
http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2462/1

Yes, it was very risky for the Apollo crews to perform these missions, no doubt about that. That is exactly what test pilots do. To denigrate their courage, commitment and skills by claiming that the entire program was hoaxed is really outrageous. These men who assumed that risk, and the hundreds of thousands of men and women who supported the various space programs and made their achievements possible, are real American heroes.

Buy me some coffee

So i went and read that whole thread,and i see the questions were never really answered ION-and some very good questions at that.

Seems most were more interested in talking about technologies from sci fi movies,rather than that used to take man to the moon in 69  C.C,so lets look at each question here,and maybe get some form of answers.

Q1-How was the film used in the Haselblad 500EL cameras able to withstand the extreme temperatures on the moon (+250 in the sun, -378 in the shadows). We know the types of film used was
* Ektachrome EF film SO168
       * Ektachrome MS film SO368 35mm film used in the stereo 
       * Panatomic-X recording film - this was specially developed for use on the moon:

Perhaps they were water cooled like the astronauts ?--sorry,couldnt resist  :D

I guess we would have to think about how much time the camera's actually spent in direct sunlight.
Very few photos were taken with the sun pointing directly at the cameras,!BUT! a lot of the time,the cameras were in direct sunlight,as most of the photo's taken were with the sun at either side of the astronauts.

How long would it take for the camera's to heat up,if in direct sunlight-as in,on either side of the camera,or directly ahead of the camera?.

Perhaps it was some form of super film,much like that super strong family photo Charles Duke left on the moon,rapped in a super strong sandwich bag,both of which were impervious to the +250*F temperatures in the sun.
I must get me some of them plastic sandwich bag's,as i could throw my sandwich straight into the oven to toast it,without having to take it out of the bag first  O0 .

Next post-next question.

Brad

Come on Brad. Haven't you ever seen "boil in bag" foods? You can take a perfectly ordinary ziplock baggie
and put it in boiling water at 212 degrees F and nothing happens to it other than it gets wet, and hot.
Nearly every day I pop a plastic bag full of vegetables into our microwave and let it cook for 4 or 5 minutes.
You don't know the exact plastic used for that particular bag but obviously it can withstand the heat
it encountered during the _lunar mornings_ when the sun was at a low angle on the lunar horizon and the
surface hasn't had time to heat up to the maximum temperatures cited which occur at lunar _noon_, some
Earth days after the crews had already left. (The Lunar day is about 14 Earth days long, noon is seven Earth days
after sunrise.)

There is no difficulty putting down this straw man.

And the Hassleblads and their film magazines were modified with heat-resistant reflective silver coatings,
and the only means of heat transfer in vacuum is radiative. There is no convection to heat stuff up. Reflect
most of the low-angle sunlight off the surface of the camera and the interior doesn't heat up much.

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11-hass.html

Another straw man bites the (lunar) dust.

the questions were never really answered

Perhaps you didn't actually read the _links_ that I've posted where the questions are indeed answered.

I must get me some of them plastic sandwich bag's,as i could throw my sandwich straight into the oven to toast it,without having to take it out of the bag first  O0 .

See what straw men you construct? To toast a sandwich in an oven, 350 degrees F is the proper setting. Some will say "154 degrees C" which is 309 degrees F. Either way, it's a lot hotter than the surface temperature at lunar noon, and even more hotter than the temperature during the lunar mornings.

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo/moon_hoax_FAQ.html

Buy me some coffee
IONs Question #2

What type of cooling / heating system was used to protect the astronauts from the extreme cold and heat of the vacuum of space on the moon. We know that there was a nylon undergarment that circulated water for cooling or heating but there is little to no information on the mechanism used to produce the cooling or heating as required to stabilize the extreme temperatures, which could cover the rang of +253F to -378F.

Since there is a near perfect vacuum on the moon, conduction and convection can be ruled out as there is no atmosphere to exchange the heat to. The backpacks look to be sealed with no evidence of cooling fins etc. which would be useless anyway. The only mechanisms left are evaporation and radiation, but we see no evidence of any gases emanating from the backpacks that could carry away heat. The internal drawings of the backpacks show a H2O sublimation plate which would somewhat answer the cooling issue, but again we never see any evidence of outgassing. There is also no evidence of radiation e.g. pumping to a higher energy state than the surroundings and allowing it to radiate into space.

The same questions apply to the lunar landing module, which had to survive up to three days in blistering 250F heat. The all aluminum tin can construction of the lunar lander would have posed enormous problems of heat conduction to the interior.

When questioned on this Alan Bean, briefly hesitated like a deer in the headlights then said batteries were used for the cooling (yeah that's it...batteries). This is absurd as anyone who has worked in thermodynamics knows you cannot pack that much power into batteries to provide the tonnage of air conditioning required over three days.

Well,first i would have to say that the suit and lander having reflective surfaces,would mean didly squat in this situation.
Think about this.
You get your self a 500 watt incandescent bulb spot light,and a nice shinny S/S pot and lid.
You half fill said pot with water,and place spot light about 8 inches away from the pot,shining onto the pot.
Leave for a couple of hour's--will the pot and water inside get hot?,even though the shinny S/S surface of the pot is very reflective--of course it will,and even more so in a vacuum.

!BUT! as far as the batteries go,well the lander descent stage had 4 x 28–32 V, 415 A·h silver-zinc batteries,and the ascent stage had 2x 28–32 volt, 296 ampere-hour silver-zinc batteries
So we have a total of 2252 amp hours.

This is absurd as anyone who has worked in thermodynamics knows you cannot pack that much power into batteries to provide the tonnage of air conditioning required over three days

Well if it was a domestic air conditioner,then maybe.
But it was not a domestic type heat pump air conditioning unit.
It was much the same as the suit's cooling system,where heat rejection was by radiation, supplemented by an open-cycle sublimator.

So,for this we would only need a circulation pump,and not a compressor.
So this would be doable,but only if the other systems that rely on the batteries did not draw to much power.
Obviously they did not have to leave the porch light on,as it was always daylight while they were on the moon.

But two problems arise with this,and they are
1-the amount of water used through the sublimator in that 3 day(72 hours) period of cooling-as it was always day time.
2-And AFAIK,when water is subject to a vacuum,it turns to vapor-not ice.
So where dose this ice come from that forms on the porous plates of the sublimator ?

So,i would have to say !no way! that kind of cooling system would work,unless they took 1000's of LTRs of water with them.

And like you said ION-not once do you see any of that water vapor being ejected from either the suits or the lander.

Brad

Buy me some coffee
See what straw men you construct? To toast a sandwich in an oven, 350 degrees F is the proper setting. Some will say "154 degrees C" which is 309 degrees F. Either way, it's a lot hotter than the surface temperature at lunar noon, and even more hotter than the temperature during the lunar mornings.

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo/moon_hoax_FAQ.html

http://staff.diviner.ucla.edu/science.shtml
Quote:
With the exception of Mercury, the Moon has the most extreme surface thermal environment of any planetary body in the solar system. At the lunar equator, mean surface temperatures reach almost 400K (260.6 ºF) at noon and then drop to below 100K (-279.4 ºF) during the night. For comparison, the mean surface temperature on Earth is a temperate 295K (71.6 ºF).

The Earth and Moon each receive the same flux of solar radiation; the important difference is that the Moon doesn't have an atmosphere to insulate its surface.

Lol-who'd a guest  :D

https://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/why-ziploc-bags-are-perfectly-okay-to-use-for-sous-vide-cooking/

Quote: Will they melt?

Well, yeah, if you subject them to high temperatures. Polyethylene plastic, which is typically used to make these bags, will start to soften at about 195 degrees Fahrenheit (90.6 degrees Celsius). If you put them in boiling water (around 212 degrees F or 100 degrees C), they will melt.

Straw man you say  ;)

Don't you have radiant barrier materials in Australia? The LEMs were wrapped in multilayer reflective radiant barriers and micrometeorite shields.

https://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/apollo-moon-hoax-huge-temperature-variation-claims/

See page 7:
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM04_Lunar_Module_ppLV1-17.pdf

And are you going to make me shoot a video of boiling a plastic ziplock bag in water, or can you just do it yourself?

At the lunar equator, mean surface temperatures reach almost 400K (260.6 ºF) at noon

But the astronauts weren't there at noon. Another classic Straw Man !!

(and the albedo of the suits and cameras was around 90 percent, about the same as fresh snow)

Buy me some coffee
Love all those questions from that link TK.

First question and answer  :D

Q-Why are there no stars in the photographs from the Apollo
    missions?

A-Photographic film (and the human eye as well) have a limited "dynamic
range" (range from the minimum "signal intensity" to the maximum signal
intensity).  In other words, when you take a photograph you set the
various exposure parameters (f-stop, exposure time) take a picture and
then (depending on the type of film you used) there will be a maximum
and minimum brightness that will be able to be represented on the
photograph.  Anything much brighter than the maximum will be overexposed
(bright), and anything much dimmer than the minimum will be underexposed
(dark).  In the case of taking pictures on the Moon, the foreground
objects (the lunar surface, the astronauts, the equipment) was very
bright (in direct sunlight totally unfiltered by an atmosphere) and were
much brighter than the background stars.  Thus, an attempt to capture
the background stars visible from the Moon would horribly overexpose and
wash out any of the foreground objects (the lunar surface and the
astronauts).  The same effect is seen with the space shuttle and space
station(s), when the vehicles are in direct sunlight no stars are
visible because they are too dim for the photographic equipment to pick
up.

Here is some horse shit
Quote: The same effect is seen with the space shuttle and space
station(s), when the vehicles are in direct sunlight no stars are
visible because they are too dim for the photographic equipment to pick
up

This is bollocks.
There is no such thing as  visible light in the middle of space.
The only time you see light,is when your either looking directly at the source,or a surface that the light impacts on.
So,unless the astronauts were looking directly at the sun(or close to),so as they could see the sun with there eyes,or if the camera's were doing the same thing,then stars would be clearly visible.

For shit's and giggles,i just took my phone outside,pointed it directly at the (nearly full) bright moon,and took a couple of shots.
Despite the fact that the camera is pointing directly at the brightest object in the sky,we can clearly see(both in no zoom and full zoom)faint stars around the moon with no problem at all-through the earths atmosphere.

Aint that a hoot. O0

Buy me some coffee
Don't you have radiant barrier materials in Australia? The LEMs were wrapped in multilayer reflective radiant barriers and micrometeorite shields.

https://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/apollo-moon-hoax-huge-temperature-variation-claims/

See page 7:
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM04_Lunar_Module_ppLV1-17.pdf

And are you going to make me shoot a video of boiling a plastic ziplock bag in water, or can you just do it yourself?

But the astronauts weren't there at noon. Another classic Straw Man !!

(and the albedo of the suits and cameras was around 90 percent, about the same as fresh snow)

Can you explain as to why it would be cooler at say(what we will call) 2pm,rather than noon-on the moon?
Lets not forget-we are on the moon now,not earth.

And so,if i grab an old family photo,and place it in the oven-at let's say,a mild 100*C,nothing will happen to that photo?

Re the photography: the point is that when you photograph a bright _object_ like a spacecraft sitting on the surface, to obtain the correct
exposure for that subject, you will not have the correct exposure for the stars. Your test is another straw man. You cannot see the stars from
inside an openair football stadium at night when the lights are on, for the same reason. I have a lit-up tennis court two blocks away and it causes
enough light bleedover that it spoils my own backyard astrophotography and makes it difficult even to see dimmer stars in my telescopes by eye.

And as far as testing the ability of plastic bags to withstand heat of boiling water... do the experiment yourself! I just did. Two plastic bags, one ziplock and the other just a thin random bag, both with a paper towel inside to see if leaks happened. 5 minutes in boiling water... no leaks and certainly no "melting". The ziplock did suffer a tiny bit of shrinkage but the seal held up fine. Neither bag melted or deformed severely and neither leaked. The melting point of polyethylene can be found on the internet and it is above the boiling point of water at sea level.

Buy me some coffee
Q- Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to fake the images, audio, and
    television transmissions than to actually go to the Moon?

A-In the 1960s and early 70s the technology to record (let alone
manipulate) images, audio, film, and television was very primitive.
I think it's safe to say that a program to try to attempt to fake
a Moon landing believably would be a much more ambitious and costly
program than the Apollo program was itself.

In the 1960s and early 70s the technology to record (let alone

And yet,they could send man to the moon,and broadcast from the moon,world wide-no problem  O0
And then,in 1968(a year before the first apollo mission) 2001-a space odyssey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LAi7l3iQuE

How real dose that moon look.?  O0

attempt to fake
program than the Apollo program was itself

The total cost of the apollo missions back in 1969 was-!wait for it!
$25.4 billion  :D  :D  :D  :D O0

This just gets better,the further i dig.

Can you explain as to why it would be cooler at say(what we will call) 2pm,rather than noon-on the moon?
Lets not forget-we are on the moon now,not earth.
At noon, by definition, the sun is at its highest point in the sky. So shadows are the smallest, shortest. So surfaces heat up to the maximum. At "2pm", which would be about one full  Earth day later than lunar "noon", shadows are longer, the sun's rays hit at an angle so surfaces will be cooler. But that is another straw man! All of the Apollo landings took place early in the lunar "morning" and they were gone back to orbit well before lunar "noon" ! The lunar day is almost 14 Earth days long! Lunar "Noon" is almost seven Earth days after sunrise!
And so,if i grab an old family photo,and place it in the oven-at let's say,a mild 100*C,nothing will happen to that photo?

I dunno, try it and see.  But realize that it is another straw man, since 100 C is still well above anything the astronauts experienced during the lunar morning.

Q- Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to fake the images, audio, and
    television transmissions than to actually go to the Moon?

A-In the 1960s and early 70s the technology to record (let alone
I think it's safe to say that a program to try to attempt to fake
program than the Apollo program was itself.

And yet,they could send man to the moon,and broadcast from the moon,world wide-no problem  O0
And then,in 1968(a year before the first apollo mission) 2001-a space odyssey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LAi7l3iQuE

How real dose that moon look.?  O0
Not real enough, and not enough footage to convince a skeptic. There are many
flaws in the 2001 movie that would never withstand the kind of scrutiny that the
Apollo photos and videos have gone through.

The total cost of the apollo mission back in 1969 was-!wait for it!
$25.4 billion  :D  :D  :D  :D O0

This just gets better,the further i dig.

Brad, in 1969 a gallon of gasoline sold for around 25 cents. That 25.4 billion dollars would be nearly a quarter of a TRILLION dolllars in today's money.
Now you are just making yourself look silly.

https://christopherrcooper.com/blog/apollo-program-cost-return-investment/

Some information on the Lunar Landing Research Facility at NASA Langley:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/langley/news/factsheets/Apollo.html

Buy me some coffee
Re the photography: the point is that when you photograph a bright _object_ like a spacecraft sitting on the surface, to obtain the correct
exposure for that subject, you will not have the correct exposure for the stars. Your test is another straw man. You cannot see the stars from
inside an openair football stadium at night when the lights are on, for the same reason. I have a lit-up tennis court two blocks away and it causes
enough light bleedover that it spoils my own backyard astrophotography and makes it difficult even to see dimmer stars in my telescopes by eye.

And as far as testing the ability of plastic bags to withstand heat of boiling water... do the experiment yourself! I just did. Two plastic bags, one ziplock and the other just a thin random bag, both with a paper towel inside to see if leaks happened. 5 minutes in boiling water... no leaks and certainly no "melting". The ziplock did suffer a tiny bit of shrinkage but the seal held up fine. Neither bag melted or deformed severely and neither leaked. The melting point of polyethylene can be found on the internet and it is above the boiling point of water at sea level.

So grab an old photo,put it in a ziplock bag,and place in the oven set at 100*C for say just 10 minute's-lets see how that go's.

Yes,i know all about light pollution here on earth,where there is an atmosphere for light to reflect off.
But where talking about space,where there is nothing for light to reflect of,until such time as that light strikes a reflective surface.

A simple test is this.
Shoot a laser beam across a room on a dry night,with the lights off.
You can see the light spot at the source,and also where it impacts the wall on the other side of the room--but you can see any light from that laser in between those two point's
Now turn on the smoke machine-and there you go-you can now see the beam between the two point's,because the light has a surface to impact on.

Light pollution dose not exist in space,because there is nothing for the light to impact on(reflect off).
And so,the bullshit about not being able to see stars in space because of the suns light pollution,is utter garbage.
Only when looking directly at the sun,or at say 10 oclock to 2 oclock from it,would you not see stars-and even that is debatable.

You telescope theory is describing light pollution,which dose not exist in space.

Brad

Buy me some coffee
Not real enough, and not enough footage to convince a skeptic. There are many
flaws in the 2001 movie that would never withstand the kind of scrutiny that the
Apollo photos and videos have gone through.
Brad, in 1969 a gallon of gasoline sold for around 25 cents. That 25.4 billion dollars would be nearly a quarter of a TRILLION dolllars in today's money.
Now you are just making yourself look silly.

https://christopherrcooper.com/blog/apollo-program-cost-return-investment/

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/186600-apollo-11-moon-landing-45-years-looking-back-at-mankinds-giant-leap
Quote: Back in 1973, the total cost of the Apollo program reported to Congress was $25.4 billion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_program
Quote: . In January 1969, NASA prepared an itemized estimate of the run-out cost of the Apollo program. The total came to $23.9 billion,

And the list go's on.

So grab an old photo,put it in a ziplock bag,and place in the oven set at 100*C for say just 10 minute's-lets see how that go's.

I've already done my experiment for the cause, proving that two different ordinary plastic baggies do not melt in boiling water. Let's see you do yours now.

And do not forget that the lunar surface was way below the temperature your strawman wants it to be, because all the astronaut activity on the surface was early in the lunar _morning_ and the surface was likely still cold-ish from the long lunar night.

Yes,i know all about light pollution here on earth,where there is an atmosphere for light to reflect off.
But where talking about space,where there is nothing for light to reflect of,until such time as that light strikes a reflective surface.

A simple test is this.
Shoot a laser beam across a room on a dry night,with the lights off.
You can see the light spot at the source,and also where it impacts the wall on the other side of the room--but you can see any light from that laser in between those two point's
Now turn on the smoke machine-and there you go-you can now see the beam between the two point's,because the light has a surface to impact on.

Light pollution dose not exist in space,because there is nothing for the light to impact on(reflect off).
And so,the bullshit about not being able to see stars in space because of the suns light pollution,is utter garbage.
Only when looking directly at the sun,or at say 10 oclock to 2 oclock from it,would you not see stars-and even that is debatable.

You telescope theory is describing light pollution,which dose not exist in space.

Brad

No, Brad. The stars aren't visible in the lunar photos because the _subjects_ of the photos, that is, the landers, the men, etc. are brilliantly lit and properly exposed. The stars are much dimmer and so do not show up, being _way_ underexposed. This has nothing to do with light pollution. It has everything to do with photography. What we today call High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography is a special technique and takes some little doing, including combining exposures taken at different f-stops and shutter times into a single image, or digital editing to bring out information that isn't normally visible with even "curves" (contrast and brightness adjustments) across a single exposure. You no doubt have seen such photos where a lit subject is seen in the foreground and stars are seen in the sky. This doesn't happen with casual snapshots. I have some experience in these matters, and if you do a little unbiased googling you can find out the information you need to properly understand this topic.

You are once again erecting straw men, which are easily knocked down.

If you like I can show you some of my own astrophotography, where I use a Canon Xti DSLR camera, or an Orion Parsec 8300M cooled CCD astronomical camera, to take photos of stars at night through my telescope.  The original frames have very compressed histograms (all the information on the frame is between two very dim brightness values) but when edited digitally with software such as PixInsight, this compressed histogram can be expanded to full range of contrast and brightness, and a spectacular image results. This can be done with digital imagery, but not so much with film. Although I would like to try it with the original Apollo negatives....

Uh oh.... looks like the Chinese are in on it too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IncRZ9BiE

Somewhat off topic but I can't resist:

Here are a couple of examples of astrophotography. These are both from the same raw image from the Parsec monochrome CCD camera. This is a stack of several 5-minute exposures. The first version is what it looks like at first glance before further processing. The second version is after some work on the same image data with PixInsight to bring out the hidden detail by stretching, curving, and some other processing of the original digital image.

Buy me some coffee
I've already done my experiment for the cause, proving that two different ordinary plastic baggies do not melt in boiling water. Let's see you do yours now.

And do not forget that the lunar surface was way below the temperature your strawman wants it to be, because all the astronaut activity on the surface was early in the lunar _morning_ and the surface was likely still cold-ish from the long lunar night.

No, Brad. The stars aren't visible in the lunar photos because the _subjects_ of the photos, that is, the landers, the men, etc. are brilliantly lit and properly exposed. The stars are much dimmer and so do not show up, being _way_ underexposed. This has nothing to do with light pollution. It has everything to do with photography. What we today call High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography is a special technique and takes some little doing, including combining exposures taken at different f-stops and shutter times into a single image, or digital editing to bring out information that isn't normally visible with even "curves" (contrast and brightness adjustments) across a single exposure. You no doubt have seen such photos where a lit subject is seen in the foreground and stars are seen in the sky. This doesn't happen with casual snapshots. I have some experience in these matters, and if you do a little unbiased googling you can find out the information you need to properly understand this topic.

You are once again erecting straw men, which are easily knocked down.

If you like I can show you some of my own astrophotography, where I use a Canon Xti DSLR camera, or an Orion Parsec 8300M cooled CCD astronomical camera, to take photos of stars at night through my telescope.  The original frames have very compressed histograms (all the information on the frame is between two very dim brightness values) but when edited digitally with software such as PixInsight, this compressed histogram can be expanded to full range of contrast and brightness, and a spectacular image results. This can be done with digital imagery, but not so much with film. Although I would like to try it with the original Apollo negatives....

Uh oh.... looks like the Chinese are in on it too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IncRZ9BiE

I was referring to the statement that the starts cant be seen from space-the space station and shuttle and the likes .

Brad

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 17:42:13