PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 20:23:54
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Ogle 100 mpg carburetor  (Read 562 times)
Group: Moderator

Chet's last post about the Ogle carb still has me thinking...
https://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/energy-news/?page_id=787

What Ever Happened to Tom Ogle?
His super carburetor gave 100 mpg on a 427 inch v8 1970 Ford Galaxy

This link gives a great deal of insight into how the Ogle carb worked.

Generally speaking, if we want to understand what an inventor discovered we never start with the end result more so the beginning. We start where the inventor did when they first discovered or observed something peculiar. This is where most researcher/replicators go wrong in my opinion.

It all started with a lawn mower

During our interview the eager young inventor revealed how he had discovered his fuel efficient system by accident; “I was messing around with a lawn-mower when I accidentally knocked a hole in its fuel tank. I put a vacuum line running from the tank straight into the carburetor inlet. I just let it run and it kept running and running but the fuel level stayed the same. I got excited. The lawn-mower was running without a carburetor and getting tremendous efficiency.”

The engine got so hot Ogle used a fan to cool it and was amazed when it ran 96 hours on the fuel remaining in the mower’s small tank.

You see, everything Ogle did after the fact followed his first observation of the effect described above. This should sound familiar to anyone with mechanical abilities who understands how engines work. For example, what do you call a fuel tank with a hole in the bottom with a vacuum line attached to it?. Well what do you think would happen?. Obviously the vacuum would pull air into the tank "bubbling" through the fuel and the vapor would then enter the carb inlet. It's a Bubbler...

The same bubbler setup we see on every GEET or plasma reactor setup. Obviously the heart of the whole process starts with a bubbler which begs the question what is actually happening inside of it. Any theories?...

Here is a clue...https://www.enginelabs.com/news/video-seeing-inside-of-a-working-carburetor-in-slow-motion/
Watch this video of how a carb actually works in reality. Here we can see at low throttle there is some atomization but at high throttle it's basically dumping raw fuel droplets into the inlet. A guy in the video nails it, the goal of a carburetor is to maximize the surface area of the fuel breaking it up into very small pieces.

However we know this cannot produce the effects we want. Simply breaking a liquid up into smaller pieces does not produce extra energy. The effect everyone is looking for lies in the difference between a carburetor and bubbler. How are they different?...

AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Simply breaking a liquid up into smaller pieces does not produce extra energy.

Comparatively speaking, it sort of does.

If it increases the efficiency of combustion from 20% to 80%, then it could be mistaken for creating free energy. Anyway, it can be said to be  a pretty good thing.

Tom Ogle was shot. The Popular Mechanics magazine also had a chapter on him way back when. Many years after, I tried to duplicate his system with VW engine in a wheelbarrow. The jet holes in main VW carb were all sealed with plugs, or solder, except the accelerator pump diaphragm. I made a TEMPORARY ONLY carb, just for an initial test. The house used to have the cabinet looking old style house humidifier with rotating drum covered with large sponge dunking in the large water tank. When rotating out of the water, a fan blew air through the material and out through top vents into the room. I made a carb like that, and was  similar to the one by Ogle. A hot air hair dryer blew air into porous material rotating in a small gasoline chamber. A CLEAR hose hooked to the top of VW carb, while a hand drill was used to rotate the engine crankshaft. Mechanical Pulses of the accelerator diaphragm allowed a small amount of gas into the engine for start. When running, the engine only uses vapors when vacuum pulled in the heated gas fumes. The carb was in 2 halves held by duct tape , so as it could pop apart easily, for some safety. I knew the conversion would work, but was actually amazed to see GRAY FUMES through the clear hose, pulled into the engine. A white tissue on the exhaust pipe was always clean. I had studied the 2-3 Patents by Charles Pogue of Canada. There are many gas fumes carburetor designs and Patents to read on same. In the olden days , such as the 150-200 miles per gallon carburetor, the formulation of gasoline was way different. A full conversion modern carb does not run on vapors with our gasoline. It's called light ends and heavy ends chemicals. The engine bogs down and quits when carb is all gummed up. The price of gasoline always goes up, or is rationed, such as in 1974. The engine manufacturers changed to fuel injection to keep people away from tinkering with old style carburetor.  I gave up on that subject and now only interested in Hydrogen gas, and methods of improved efficiency of generation.

I also showed a few people another conversion I did for a couple of weeks on a 1974 AMC Gremlin. It was called gas cap gas saver. The inventor had passed away, but the wife sent a folder of photocopies of his data. Purchased used gas cap from junkyard. I drilled a center hole to mount brass fittings on both sides. The finished unit was removed before going to gas station. There was a hose on inside that went down into gas tank. The outer cap had a one way spring valve to let in air by vacuum. The existing tubing underneath car ran to the charcoal canister and up to the engine. I mounted a brass adjustable on/off valve with CLEAR hose to intake manifold. The Carter carb had IDLE jet screwed in tight closed off. After engine start with the pressed diaphragm, the engine would only run on vapors from the tank. That was ok for a stationary engine, but not for the road. I showed that set up to several people as a lark, but after that no one was interested. You see, the air was pulled into tank hose by engine adjusted vacuum, and caused liquid fuel to bubble upwards with gas laden air above the liquid, which the fumes were pulled all the way forward to the car engine.  Engine would shut right off when clear hose was hand pinched.

I tried another hand made gas saver for single barrel Gremlin carb engine. It was called under carb flutter wheel. The shaft was in between thick carb gaskets. The 2 thin steel plates were brazed onto a brass tube on the rod. Sharp saw teeth edges at both ends were made . This would spin easily in your hand and when mounted on the engine, you could drive with better efficiency. I was driving all the way through town to driveway with no foot on the accelerator pedal. I would lower the driver's window and turn off engine. You could hear the spinner whining down its rpms. You see, there was a better mixing of the air and gasoline BEFORE entering the intake manifold.

Americans don't believe anything unless you show them. I showed a few others how to make quarry fish come out of the water and take a worm out of your hand. Lay down on the dock wear polarized sunglasses, and hold out your hand to see rock bass, crappies, sun fish, etc. They show up and grab the worm, and dive back down. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Group: Ambassador

Russ
Another very interesting tech in a heavy car .

https://waterpoweredcar.com/herman.html
Here I believe Stevie  from ionizations forum reposted this,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9AwFaX0kdFc

Did you ever have correspondence with Herman?
This is interesting for all kinds of reasons ( his skill set education and work history etc etc)
Respectfully
Chet
PS
For clarity on Ogle ,
He felt that his tech would get 10 fold increase in mileage ( over the 100 mpg in 7 liter 2 ton ford galaxy)
If refined in proper car/test bed .

Chet
https://waterpoweredcar.com/herman.html
In other words, instead of producing more or less gas on demand, as some systems do, it appears his system always produced the same amount, but was turned on and off as needed. He emphasized that deuterium (heavy water) was essential to his approach, doubling the density of the hydrogen, making it twice as powerful. He also used high voltage, 70,000 volts to be exact, from two custom-made coils, to effect rapid separation of the component gases, a process which he calls 'radiolysis.' The 70,000 volts constitute what he calls a 'soft' x-ray, not radioactive but in need of shielding, in-between a microwave oven and a 'hard' x-ray.

Thanks Chet, your the man.

This makes perfect sense and explains why so few people running low voltage systems could replicate these effects. In all these systems we keep hearing the same terminology, high voltage, high frequency, radiant energy/radiation doing something unexpected. So it's not simple vaporization, it's not even close to standard electrolysis but something entirely different. This is a HV HF plasma related effect not vaporization.

Some relevant links...
https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2021/ra/d1ra05977g
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0256-307X/30/6/065204/pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10194329/
https://inhabitat.com/clean-energy-breakthrough-safer-faster-method-discovered-to-extract-hydrogen-from-water/

This may explain why so many auto makers are dropping EV's and moving to hydrogen technologies lately. Everyone is talking about hydrogen again for some reason.

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Another curious aspect of fuel vaporization/plasma based hydrogen or HHO.

The critics would have us believe there's nothing to it and a scam. However a quick search on "plasma based hydrogen production" yields 12 million results. Not just any results from so called scammers but the most credible scientific institutions on the planet. Names like Science Direct, Nature, Princeton, MIT and Harvard.

I mean if it's just a scam or backyard inventors making errors then why are millions of the best and brightest scientists on the planet so interested in this specific field of technology?.

If it's just a scam or conspiracy theory then why are millions of the best scientists on the planet publishing all there work?.
It would seem to me the only "scam" is supposed critics with questionable motives suggesting there's nothing to this and nobody is interested. It would seem everyone is quite interested in this scientific field of technology...

AC

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 20:23:54