PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 07:39:48
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 225356 times)

Yes, I definitely want to see the schematic of what YOU are describing using the components YOU are using.

@ Viepies,

It is now I will use free hand to draw it as I don't have it in schematic diagram, I usually go straight to board design( my bad) with my software on my PC.

Give me sometime, please.
Regards

Maxolous

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Verpies I did mention nano pulsers a while back, no one picked up on the subject!

If you want to see one in action as it were on a similar device look at the G Sav thread on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEU6oLnQfVqnPRT7vBspYZQ

the last three vids will be of interest but read the comments !

Regards Sil

PS as Maxolous mentioned 'tuning' dont use ceramic caps in tank circuits they are unstable and ca drift over 10%! :'(

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

The recommended HV capacitors used for tuning L4 and L5 are the WIMA capacitors, from Gernany.
The L4 tuning caps 0.47uf, 1000v-2000v WIMA is the most expensive. Sometimes being about $30 each.
   The 0.15uf 1000-2000v L5 tuning caps are much smaller and cheaper, as well, only costing a few dollars each.
   You can use whatever caps you like, but don't expect to see a good result without the right caps. As they are very important.

NickZ

@NickZ,

Talking about caps for tunning, a particular brand might be suitable as you mentioned Wima caps just the same was @Aliengrey said too. Both you guys are absolutely correct. Am experiencing instabilities already. As for a particular value, no way . Every design is unique.

However, am just showing interaction of grenade and Tesla signal and not to tickle anyone's fancy that I have done something great. It is the same circuit that we all know.

Maxolous

Max:
   Before we get too carried away by seeing just a 40w bulb get brighter by the addition of your "controlable Kacher", you'll need to use at least a 300w load on, for your load. Not just 40w, as I can light a small bulb like that one, and even two 50w bulbs using just the Kacher, alone.
  So, to test the actual grenade/Kacher interaction, you'll need to use several hundred watts loads, not just 40w. Or you'll be fooled by the additional light provided by the Kacher's input, and think that you have proper interaction, when what you are seeing is just the additional current from the Kacher.
 So, please buy at least 3 or more 100w bulbs, to test your Kacher's interaction with the grenade circuits. As I had suggested previously.
   Here is a picture below, showing the lighting of 3 200w bulbs, by a 18v AC-DC adapter. 

NickZ

Am not in haste to fire up my project like that, I do my things one after the other. Until I get stability. Might not  increase load or talk about looping.

https://youtu.be/HAFzhx63Qi4

Regards

Maxolous

When I put my hand above antenna, it gets cut off and reduced voltage. I really want to deal with that.
I read comment of Ruslan in Edward Lee channel on youtube, he made mentioned of putting diode somewhere.

Maxolous

I regard this system to be like putting on a small fire and start blow and guiding it gradually and not being in haste to ruin it suddenly . Gradually guide it untill you have an avalanche of fire. When you make alterations, if it does not favour you, go back to status quo. This is what  one will do untill you get what you want because you really want it.

This is for NickZ;. https://youtu.be/HAFzhx63Qi4

Maxolous

Group: Professor

Verpies I did mention nano pulsers a while back, no one picked up on the subject!
I am somewhat of a DSRD nanopulser fanboy.  I even posted a PDF about one here.
Itsu has made a good video about one with a 74VHC221 as the controller.  Its link is somewhere here, too.

If you want to see one in action as it were on a similar device look at the G Sav thread on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEU6oLnQfVqnPRT7vBspYZQ
the last three vids will be of interest but read the comments !
I did and it looks like his "nanopulse" is really a ~50ns pulse created by the MOSFET switching.
Itsu's nanopulser generates pulses which are ~10 narrower and with kV amplitude.
BTW: Dally used such nanopulser.

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
So how did he do a Nsec pulse with a 30mhz NPN transister ? when it's in the 100 mhz or over 1Ghz ?
or are we talking about spaced transitions ?

Regards Sil

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

This is my pulser built around 74LS132 which I mentioned. The oscillation is created by same  IC type , this gives you room to vary freq up to 6mhz simply by changing "C" in the horizontally drawn IC.

Maxolous

Tesla Inductor and MOSFET.

So how did he do a Nsec pulse with a 30mhz NPN transister ?
He used an uncommon diode that conducts current for a while IN REVERSE and then abruptly interrupts this current in nanoseconds.  So it is this special diode which is responsible for generating the ~1GHz frequency component - not the slow transistor.

This is my pulser built around 74LS132 which I mentioned.
This circuit is straightforward.  I don't have any questions about it.

Tesla Inductor and MOSFET.

What happens if you omit the diode in series ?
What inrush current is supposed to be prevented by the NTC resistor ?

How do you prevent the CGD capacitance from turning the MOSFET back on when the gate driving pulse from the TC4320's output goes low and the voltage on the drain shoots up with high dv/dt due to the load's inductance ?

Can you resize image a bit ? It took whole screen when clicked.
Why do you insist in nanopulsers ?

Can you resize image a bit ?
No, I am not the author of these images.

Why do you insist in nanopulsers ?
I am not insisting on using them for the Stalker's device.  I am merely replying to AlienGrey and Maxolous who mentioned them.
BTW: The related Dally device used the DSRD nanopulser explicitly.

Otherwise, I am a pico and nanopulser fanboy, because they are good for TDR, communications, pinging a coil (to cause it to ring), NMR and to generate a very wide spectrum of frequencies at high power. 
Also, having a 100kW peak power device on your desktop is just cool.

I'm sorry guys I will be a little offtopic but  that is the last time because I'm occupied in fixing some electronics. I found interesting page 15 of this thread with IR2113 scope shots. It's intersting how designers took time to fix any external energy inflow out of the scope in electronics.... I'm sorry I cannot follow this thread but I'd like to comment that that followed this path and it took me nowhere.... I think you should rethink what is the energy source and it will click in place. Do not try to build kW device , start with small example first. Sr913 had a nice example.

This circuit is straightforward.  I don't have any questions about it.
What happens if you omit the diode in series ?
What inrush current is supposed to be prevented by the NTC resistor ?

How do you prevent the CGD capacitance from turning the MOSFET back on when the gate driving pulse from the TC4320's output goes low and the voltage on the drain shoots up with high dv/dt due to the load's inductance ?

The diode is there to ensure that the applied voltage gives current in one direction and only in that direction.

Instead of using 2Ω resistor an ntc will do better as it carefully introduce current into the circuit and at the same time limit current..

Though I didn't draw the snubber circuit but you know every N-channel MOSFET has a reverse diode. Upon that the gate - source resistor of 1kΩ will not allow Cgs voltage to rise enough to switch MOSFET back on. As it will bleed it.

Maxolous

Instead of using 2Ω resistor an ntc will do better as it carefully introduce current into the circuit and at the same time limit current..
Don't you turn of your MOSFET before the current through the inductive load becomes too high ?

Though I didn't draw the snubber circuit but you know every N-channel MOSFET has a reverse diode. Upon that the gate - source resistor of 1kΩ will not allow Cgs voltage to rise enough to switch MOSFET back on. As it will bleed t.
Show me the scopeshot of your Source to drain voltage.
When the drain voltage has a high dv/dt, the current flowing through CGD will overpower the grounding current of that 1kΩ gate-source resistor and even the 2Ω resistor connected to the TC4420.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-25, 16:15:47 by verpies »

You must have meant "current".

Have already made correction before I realized you spotted my error.

Don't you turn of your MOSFET before the current through the inductive load becomes too high ?

Power source need to be on first ,  before turning on MOSFET ,  if I got you clearly!

Show me the scopeshot of your Source to drain voltage.
When the drain voltage has a high dv/dt, the current flowing through CGD will overpower the grounding current of that 1kΩ gate-source resistor and even the 2Ω resistor connected to the TC4420.

When I have the time!

The component am using is actually a IGBT,  40N120 and I suggested same to Itsu maybe he didn't see my post. It is not such a transistor that can be easily switched by strayed signal. It required 10V to fully switch it ON.

However, it is not so as postulated by you and I haven't gotten such effect since I have been using it.

Do you have any suggestions as to arresting such phenomena which must be put in place to prevent such occurrence beforehand.

Group: Guest
Am not in haste to fire up my project like that, I do my things one after the other. Until I get stability. Might not  increase load or talk about looping.

https://youtu.be/HAFzhx63Qi4

Regards

Maxolous

Max:  Ok, I watched your video. If you want to show me something, don't use those little tiny bulbs. It looks like that there is an interaction, but there is not. You're providing 250w of input power to partially light your 40w bulb, the other small wattage bulb (possibly 10w or 20w) , and Kacher circuit. 
  I'm just trying to help. Take all the time that you want, no need to follow my advice. Just keep using those small bulbs, if you think that you are showing a grenade/Kacher interaction, when you are not, not even showing a 50% efficiency. I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say.
However, I am not trying to rush you, at all.

If you are afraid that you'll blow your set up, then you'll not see what is actually wrong with it, by just using such a small load. If it can't handle a even a single 100w bulb, then there is something wrong. In any case, take your time, get it right. Don't mind me...

Guys: All this talk about nanopulsers and such.  Show me one that works... All I've seen is tiny outputs from those who have made and used them, barely able to light any bulbs on these types of circuits, nor show any real power generation effect. Why?

NickZ
« Last Edit: 2021-10-25, 16:22:38 by NickZ »

Max:  Ok, I watched your video. If you want to show me something, don't use those little tiny bulbs. You're providing 250w of input power to partially light your 40w bulb, the other small wattage bulb, and Kacher circuit.  Ok, then don't use the recommended bulbs. I'm just trying to help. Take all the time that you want, no need to follow my advice. Just keep playing with those small bulbs, and think that you are showing a grenade/Kacher interaction, when you are not, not even showing a 50% efficiency. I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say. If you are afraid that you'll blow your set up, then you'll not see what is actually wrong with it, by just using such a small load. In any case, take your time, get it right.

Guys: All this talk about nanopulsers and such.  Show me one that works... All I've seen is tiny outputs from those who have made and used them, barely able to light any bulbs on these types of circuits, nor show any real power generation effect

NickZ

NickZ,

What am saying is that your too quick in looking for overall result.
Am not even there yet, am still on the way slowly but surely.
I want to explore all possibilities and grap all knowledge about how device work. I assure you , if you are an Engineer and you don't peruse to find out how your project truely function, you might never be able to improvise when the need arises.

A careful study of this device counts. That is why people like Stalker can give advice on dos and Don's. I have it in mind to dismantle the grenade's inductor and raise the inductance, because doing that will reduce my cap value for the same freq. Presently am using mixed caps due to large capacitance value and it's giving me instabilities.
Having polypropylene all through will be better for me.

You may wish to know that not everyone would like to announce the working device and that's where you are going to get it wrong when time comes. One will need to use his tongue to count his teeth then

Am not deceiving myself, I posted what I know  and my findings. I am not faking. Just like what I said ; I don't tickle anyone's fancy. I don't think there is trophy to win here.

I was attracted to the forum by Itsu and Vasik especially when I saw their struggle. I thought to join them and work with them to achieving this objective. When the enthusiasm  and hope was high for them I couldn't join in, reasons I don't know.

So my friend, take things easy and if you are not a fan of nano pulser, don't condemn it. A lot had and are still using it to do greatly.

Maxolous

Guys: All this talk about nanopulsers and such.  Show me one that works... All I've seen is tiny outputs from those who have made and used them, barely able to light any bulbs on these types of circuits, nor show any real power generation effect. Why?

NickZ

@NickZ,

I have kacher and it fires so well, I also have the glorified one I have carefully designed to have within it an oscillator that you can vary freq. It also have interuptor within. They didn't give me good results as expected.

Lighting up 3 bulbs to me is no problem, getting it right the way I have it in mind is my problem.

See attached photo of my glorified kacher, it works so well.

I am not interested in lighting 3 bulbs , if I don't get it right, I'll pack it up .

Maxolous

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 07:39:48