PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 09:05:51
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Magnet Powered Pulse Motor by "Wind Power and More"  (Read 1733 times)

The build quality on this is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zHgc6UVS90

Recent video prior to this had it running for 3 days non-stop with no battery losses.

What do people think?

D2

If you let a magnetic ball or roller roll along a Möbius magnetic strip, can it roll forever? ;)

My answer would be no, unless it has some other assistance - it would stop pretty quickly I would guess.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you are saying.

D2

dsquared18
The build quality on this is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zHgc6UVS90

Recent video prior to this had it running for 3 days non-stop with no battery losses.

What do people think?

I can believe it ran for 3 days based on the video. He seemed to be using a big Lipo battery bank on a small PM rotor with a 1/4" shaft having small bearings under no load. It can be deceiving unless we have something similar to compare it to.

For example, if we turn a 1/2 hp induction motor by hand we can expect it to continue turning a couple revolutions because of bearing friction. Mount the same motor vertically, wash out the bearings with light oil then levitate the shaft with two PM's in repulsion and we can get a couple minutes rotation. I mounted the same 1/2 hp rotor on attraction based magnetic bearings I invented and one flick made the rotor rotate for around 20 hours because it has no bearing friction.

Lipo batteries are also very problematic for measuring energy and I run them in all my RC stuff like helicopters and airplanes. The voltage barely changes from fully charged to a safe discharge level then falls off a cliff on an over discharge. From 100% charged to 90% charged the voltage may not even change but change rapidly below 80% charged. So the voltage drop is not linear and it remains fairly constant then drops rapidly giving a false appearance on the top end.

This is is why I changed to using super capacitors which have a near linear discharge rate and no chemistry related artifacts. As well measuring energy is very simple and Energy =  = 1/ 2 (Capacitance * Voltage^2 ). Simply put, they do not lie and whatever the voltage is at determines how much energy is present and whether it was dissipated or not.

This is the problem with most of these devices and there can be so many unknowns it becomes impossible to determine what the actual efficiency is. Is it more efficient than a standard brush less motor?, we don't know.

AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

My answer would be no, unless it has some other assistance - it would stop pretty quickly I would guess.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you are saying.

D2
Well, the V-gate device rotates like that until it reaches the edge and sticks there.
It all depends on how to orient (magnetize) the magnets.
And we will turn this end over, as in the Möbius strip, and the path will be endless...

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 09:05:51