PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-06, 15:30:20
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 223933 times)

Why not?

@Viepies,

Tesla might had used that word to mean accumulator of charges. That is, it brings all the charges together. Mind you condenser is used in airconditioner and distillation too.

Regards
Maxolous

Maxolous,

The problem is that they are concepts that cannot easily being grasped and put into practice.

Regards Itsu

You are already putting them into practice, you only need more knowledge so that you can always improvise.

Regards Maxolous

Group: Professor

No, as that concept looked alien to me.
Same here

I could try, but i am not sure how to approach it as there are several hundreds of volts AC on both the Grenade and Inductor when running, both floating.
For differential voltage measurement, how about a cheap digital Voltmeter with a microwave oven diode + resistive divider in the megaohms range ?
For detecting unipolar charges, how about an old-school electroscope ?

Group: Elite Experimentalist

You are already putting them into practice, you only need more knowledge so that you can always improvise.

Regards Maxolous

Right,   worth to explore.

I guess the kacher needs to be running for any voltage to build up onto these "plates"?

Itsu

Same here
For differential voltage measurement, how about a cheap digital Voltmeter with a microwave oven diode + resistive divider in the megaohms range ?
For detecting unipolar charges, how about an old-school electroscope ?

I would expect to find only unipolar charges on that "capacitor", right?

Itsu

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Max and Itsu have you ever looked at something and missed the obvious when it's been spread over time ?
when it's been starring you in the face ?

Sil
« Last Edit: 2021-10-04, 16:03:42 by AlienGrey »

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

I would expect to find only unipolar charges on that "capacitor", right?
I don't know.
Elecroscope would detect only a constant charge.  It would not detect an alternating unipolar charge.

Right,   worth to explore.

I guess the kacher needs to be running for any voltage to build up onto these "plates"?

Itsu

@Itsu,

Not any voltage, you make your choice. A moderate spark length to me should be up to 4mm-6mm with a plier . If more voltage is required, I recommend IGBT. 40N120 will do.

Maxolous

Group: Guest
   Guys:
   Here is one of Geos last known videos, it may not be the best that he could do, but it's still pretty interesting to watch.
Even though the Kacher signal may be a bit of an overkill, but it shows what his controlable kacher can do.
Also notice his big torroid core, instead of a yoke.
   Gfusioncore: https://youtu.be/u8TyUjhlDB0.
       And also,  https://youtu.be/LDR-AreXV9s
    No word from Geo as to how well it all worked out.

NickZ

Max and Itsu have you ever looked at something and missed the obvious when it's been spread over time ?
when it's been starring you in the face ?

If you look at Geo's last video his circuit uses an interrupter, Adrian Guska used a second Tesla coil, If you look at Stalkers build
on his Grenade he shows his full wave winding locks the 14 segment set of waves into his device (2x4 segment winding
he is using a 37.5mtr device with 14 segments so 1 wave uses 2x4 =8 that winding is in the 14mhz range, hence the stubby katcher winding producing that kind of frequency, Also note magnetic impulsing at that kind of frequency is lethal and highly dangerous to your nervous system.

Regards

Regards Sil

@Aliengrey,

I will keep that in view. It's worthy of exploring.

Maxolous

Guys:
   Here is one of Geos last known videos, it may not be the best that he could do, but it's still pretty interesting to watch.
Even though the Kacher signal may be a bit of an overkill, but it shows what his controlable kacher can do.
Also notice his big torroid core, instead of a yoke.
   Gfusioncore: https://youtu.be/u8TyUjhlDB0.
       And also,  https://youtu.be/LDR-AreXV9s
    No word from Geo as to how well it all worked out.

NickZ

Interesting!!

Naturally it has been like that. When men think they got it right, they go into the thin air

Not really into thin air as he is regular active on OU.com as can be seen there:

GeoFusion Sr. Member   Last Active:  October 04, 2021, 05:30:54 AM

I guess he has nothing interesting to report and/or is not motivated anymore due to lack of co-builders

Itsu

I guess he has nothing interesting to report and/or is not motivated anymore due to lack of co-builders
The quality of OU.com posts has deteriorated significantly.
That forum has been taken over by social types with loose minds and those with advanced trolling skills instead of experimental skills, as well as snowflakes suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

GeoFusion should be invited here where he can interact with like-minded members and builders.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
The quality of OU.com posts has deteriorated significantly.
That forum has been taken over by social types with loose minds and those with advanced trolling skills instead of experimental skills, as well as snowflakes suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

GeoFusion should be invited here where he can interact with like-minded members and builders.

Hi Verpies.

I got GeoFusion a membership here way back in 2014, bench and all.

Cheers Graham.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Grumage I think he thinks he has told us all the tricks. Perhaps i or we are missing some points.

What I noticed is the Grenade is a bit wierd the way its wound and the wire length can be miss leading

it reminds me of Chris's Bucking coils 2x 1/4 wave ect 2x 1/2 wave 2x 1 wave.

am i confusing you ( Itsu has given up on me )  ;D oops, So here is my example.

Well so what happend to the other 2x 1/4 wave ??

Well here we go  :D if 1/4 wave is = to 1 and 1/2 wave to 2 and 1 wave is = to 4 but there are anti winds as well so thats x 2
in my book that adds up to 14 divide that into 37.5 and what have we got the length of the 1 1/4 wave for our winding.

so if this is true then 1 wave is 13.99 Mhz almost 13.50 mhz Ie Teslas 3 6 9 magic numbers !

So now all your /our windings are up the orinoko without a paddle. So how does your Katcher of 1.4 mhz or what ever fit in ?

Regards Sil  >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-)
« Last Edit: 2021-10-11, 16:46:58 by AlienGrey »

Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Hi Verpies.

I got GeoFusion a membership here way back in 2014, bench and all.

Cheers Graham.

Guys:
    I sent Geo a PM today at overunity.com inviting him to come and be part of our group over here.

NickZ

Not really into thin air as he is regular active on OU.com as can be seen there:

GeoFusion Sr. Member   Last Active:  October 04, 2021, 05:30:54 AM

Itsu

Thanks for that, Itsu. We'll try to raise him up from the dead. I doubt that he lost interest, but may have other concerns, like a place to live, etc...

Buy me a cigar

Guys:
    I sent Geo a PM today at overunity.com inviting him to come and be part of our group over here.

NickZ

Hi Nick.

GeoFusion’s membership has lapsed, if he’s interested he’ll have to reapply.

Cheers Graham.

Grum:
   Yes, but he just needs to reactivate his user name, and register once again. Pretty easy now, thanks to the admin.
   I hope he gets the message, and comes back by popular demand.

NickZ

I have to rewind a new grenade . The earlier one glued together as a result of heat.

Is it the Inductor or the Grenade that gets hot (or both)?

My Inductor is the main one getting warm (hot eventually).

Itsu 

Is it the Inductor or the Grenade that gets hot (or both)?

My Inductor is the main one getting warm (hot eventually).

Itsu
My L5, gradient winding. It usually get hot even at 30% duty cycle.

Maxolous

Guys:
  I have also mentioned that my grenade gets hot, as well. That was why I recommended not using the sink drain tube as the former. As it's too thin.
Now, I don't leave it on and running all night long, as I know what happens.

Some good news for this thread. Below is Geo's reply to my contact with him on OU.com:

Hi Nick,

Good to hear from you.

Alright
I made a just made an account with OUR.
Will be online soon enough to the new thread(s).
                                                                      end quote.

Alright Geo sounds great, talk to you soon...

Both Geofusion and myself were born in the same country of South America, however, both of us have similar Slavic ancestry.
We are both South American Slavs.  That's Slavs, not slobs. A little funny, as Nelson would say.

We could use Nelson contributing on here, as well. As we can't just let this type of device, go by the wayside...At least I won't.
   If any one knows how to contact Nelson, please let him know that we miss him, and would like to see him here, also.
   We need to get the old group of like minded guys back...like Verpies has said. What's left of us...

NickZ

Buy me a cigar
Hi Nick.

GeoFusion HAS made an application today, according to my notification. Just a matter for admin now.

Regarding Nelson. I also pursued him to join and he’s still on the membership list, just above yours.

Cheers Grum.

It will be nice to have Geo here.

We've come a long way to look back.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-06, 15:30:20