PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 04:24:20
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BiTT @ Line Frequency -- PF 10%  (Read 21404 times)
Group: Guest
Worth a watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JDElxCyX4[/youtube]

This has actually been my goal for quite a long time.  I have two quotes to make custom cores for me but they are pretty steep at 900 dollars.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Worth a watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JDElxCyX4[/youtube]

This has actually been my goal for quite a long time.  I have two quotes to make custom cores for me but they are pretty steep at 900 dollars.
His explanation on how the bi toroid transformer works cant be as it is in the video. He says the flux travels from one secondary to the other-and vice versa. Problem is,the secondary on the left in the video isn't hooked up(as can be clearly seen in the video)-no load placed on it to create the magnetic flux that travels around to the secondary on the other side ???

I would be interested in what poynt has to say about this?.This has been around for some time now,but as of yet,i don't recall hearing of any solid evidence that confirms the P/in P/out ratio's.

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Group: Guest
His explanation on how the bi toroid transformer works cant be as it is in the video. He says the flux travels from one secondary to the other-and vice versa. Problem is,the secondary on the left in the video isn't hooked up(as can be clearly seen in the video)-no load placed on it to create the magnetic flux that travels around to the secondary on the other side ???

I would be interested in what poynt has to say about this?.This has been around for some time now,but as of yet,i don't recall hearing of any solid evidence that confirms the P/in P/out ratio's.

Good eye.  I hadn't noticed that.

Yes .99 could surely give us a few tips.

Dave (Web000x) over at Energetic Forum seems to be having some success with the Bill Alek derivative of the BiTT, termed the Split Flux Transformer or SFT.  He's using FerroXCube 3R1 toroid cores and has been able to keep the input phasing above 90 degrees while illuminating a small lamp.
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/10394-bi-toroid-transformer-thane-c-heins-12.html#post264862

Looks encouraging.

We really need to get to about the 100 watt range where it becomes rather difficult to make that large of a measuring error.  So far I haven't seen anything that can even compete against a small solar panel.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Why doesn't he put a Kill A Watt Meter on the input of the bitoroid to show total power consumption? This will read out the actual power factor as well as real power in Watts drawn from the line.

My prediction: The primary is drawing way more real power than is output to the bulb. The loud hum is the giveaway.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 04:24:20